Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

What Is Java Programming About? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Java Programming About? (1679 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming - Is Java The Best To Start With? / Microsoft Ports. NET To Linux And Macintosh, Goes Open-sources; Is Java Doomed? / Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Java Programming About? by Jihbee: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
What is java programming about
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by prodam(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
JAVA Programming Language is a language that makes it easier to model real life problems.

Java programming involves the use of onject-oriented-programming methodology. this is a style of programming where problems are broken into objects just like real life objects. for example, if u wanna write a prog in Java to move a car, after listing out ur components such as tyre, steering, engine, all theses things can be represented and translated into java language as individual object. then each of them is arranged into classes based on their functions. their functions are specified by what is called method.
Java is very interesting because it is OOP(OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING) other languages which are not OOP are Procedural Programming Languages.

getting to know the concepts behind everything is always advisable, so read about OOP and get someone to explain to you(or post your problems here), you will be happy
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by Trulie(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
imaginate_cent: IT IS ALL ABOUT PROGRAMING OF ATTRIBUTE.. IT IS AN OBJECT ORIENTED LANGUAGE.. IT IS USE IN DEVELOPING APPLICATION BUT WEB AND STANDALONE APP... IT IS QUIET DIFFICULT BUT EASY TO UNDERSTAND....
wow! I tink its kinda cool. pls i am a bsc economcs holder (preparin for servic) and preparin to writ my frst ICAN paper by nov/dec but realy luv IT a lot even tho i dnt kno a thing( i min a zero-knowledg newbi) about webdesign-talk les of programmin; netwrkin; and so on..can i stil muscle up the courage to self-study it on my own? And also become a master in it like you guys? Wil i lack the fundamental knowledge if i decide to ram on python or java for instance?..i nid answers from d gurus, thanx.
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by xteve(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2012
@ prodam - thanks a lot for †ђє brief explaination. I will like †☺ get more of †ђє explaination, is there any book or site I could use?
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by ektbear: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
java programming is about tediousness, verbosity, and general unhappiness for a programmer
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by Chimanet(m): 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
If you want to really learn OOP, Java is the language to start with, it might be difficult at the begining but ones you nail it, Java becomes the so cheap. I feel so comfortable when coding with java than php, python etc. C# is another very good language but will only appreciate it if you are coming from java background
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by cuffauvx: 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
Wil i lack the fundamental knowledge if i decide to ram on python or java for instance?..i nid answers from d gurus, thanx.[img]http://www.keyforex.info/iPad.gif[/img]
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by akereconfi: 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
I want to go into Software Engineering (ICT n d rest) but am not good in mathematics. Plz can I cope up without knowledge of mathematics. Cos I have a scholarship to go to UK and am contemplating on Medicine or ICT....but I do really love ICT 100%....jus dt ma Parents wants a Doc in d family since am d only dude in d house. Plz i need advice and am not good in Calculations @ all
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by bb6xt(m): 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
Chimanet: If you want to really learn OOP, Java is the language to start with, it might be difficult at the begining but ones you nail it, Java becomes the so cheap. I feel so comfortable when coding with java than php, python etc. C# is another very good language but will only appreciate it if you are coming from java background

Java isn't nearly as "cool" as Python is for OOP. Python is easier and more expressive(!) than Java. Try this:

[code language=Python]
with file('example.txt', 'w') as f:
f.write('Hello, world!')
[/code]

In Java this will probably take 10 - 30 lines. Thats just for expressivity, need I say more for pure OOP? Less error prone (no braces, semicolons etc). Java sure is a powerful language but it certainly ain't better than Python! Difficult + Eccentric != Best
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by lordZOUGA(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
bb6xt:

Java isn't nearly as "cool" as Python is for OOP. Python is easier and more expressive(!) than Java. Try this:

[code language=Python]
f.write('Hello, world!')
[/code]

In Java this will probably take 10 - 30 lines. Thats just for expressivity, need I say more for pure OOP? Less error prone (no braces, semicolons etc). Java sure is a powerful language but it certainly ain't better than Python! Difficult + Eccentric != Best
liar
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by ektbear: 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
Java=pain, unhappiness, frustration, low programmer productivity
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
ekt_bear: Java=pain, unhappiness, frustration, low programmer productivity
^^^ that is a very sad post
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by bb6xt(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2012
lordZOUGA:
liar

That is a lame argument cos this is a very straight-forward issue. just give us the java equivalent so we can count the lines and see!
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by Next2Bezee(m): 2:46am On Jun 11, 2012
bb6xt:

[code language=Python]
f.write('Hello, world!')
[/code]

You were referencing a file there, Why don't you write the code from scratch.

bb6xt:

That is a lame argument cos this is a very straight-forward issue. just give us the java equivalent so we can count the lines and see!

public class Hello
{
public static void main(String[]args)
{
System.out.println("Hello World"wink;
}
}

How many Lines do you see? wink
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by FEMARY1: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
;DNairaland. ;DNairaland. I think i saw how many lines..
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by bb6xt(m): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
Next2Bezee:

You were referencing a file there, Why don't you write the code from scratch.

public class Hello
{
public static void main(String[]args)
{
System.out.println("Hello World"wink;
}
}

How many Lines do you see? wink

Dude that is the complete code. What it does is open a file named "example.txt" in write mode or if the file does not create it in the current working directory and then write the message "Hello, world!" into the file. You can try running it as-is and it'd work perfectly. Secondly, if all I wanted was to print directly to the console I could just say:

print("Hello, world!"wink

or do this:

import sys
sys.stdout.write("Hello, world"wink

either case will still be less verbose. Correct your example to write to a file and then we can talk further.
Re: What Is Java Programming About? by Next2Bezee(m): 12:35am On Jun 14, 2012
bb6xt:

Dude that is the complete code. What it does is open a file named "example.txt" in write mode or if the file does not create it in the current working directory and then write the message "Hello, world!" into the file. You can try running it as-is and it'd work perfectly. Secondly, if all I wanted was to print directly to the console I could just say:

print("Hello, world!"wink

or do this:

import sys
sys.stdout.write("Hello, world"wink

either case will still be less verbose. Correct your example to write to a file and then we can talk further.

I stand corrected, sorry.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Restore/recover A Java Tutorial I Mistakenly Deleted / Autocad 2010 64 Bit Activation Crack / What Programming Language Is Best To Learn Data Structures And Algorithms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.