Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Houris: Her Role As His Reward? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Houris: Her Role As His Reward? (4979 Views)

Sadaqah(charity): A Voluntary Act With Immense Spiritual Reward / Role Of A Wife In Islam / What Will Women's Reward Be In Jannah When Men Are Blessed With Heavenly Maidens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
Does the presence of Houris in Paradise as a heavenly reward cater to the objectification of females?

Is the sole purpose of the creation of the Houris to pleasure the men who’ll inhabit heaven?

If so then doesn’t this serve to objectify females?

And if there are male characters that are reserved for the women who’ll inhabit heaven (as I’ve been told) my questions still stands as vice versa.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
Well , I don't think it is objectification of women. The concepts of paradise are not totally comprehensible to us but know that Houris do have other functions outside sexual gratification such as companionship and others that you may not understand. I have read narrations where houris are reported to be conversing with angels as well as seeking blessings for their would-be husbands. I like your curiosity but know that it is not everything that we humans will be able to explain as we do have limits to what we can understand about the hereafter.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hhmm..I appreciate your response but I thus wonder...what is the primary function of these Houris?

maclatunji: it is not everything that we humans will be able to explain as we do have limits to what we can understand about the hereafter.

Indeed and I try to factor this in as much as possible.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
emöfine2: Hhmm..I appreciate your response but I thus wonder...what is the primary function of these Houris?

Indeed and I try to factor this in as much as possible.

I see where you are coming from. Their primary duty is to please their husbands in the hereafter. No doubt this description has a sexual connotation. However, you have to understand that sexual pleasure can only be maximized if both parties are willing to give as much pleasure as they receive. In order words Houris will enjoy the act as much as men will. I may then ask if the Houris have been honoured with a life of perpetual bliss? So rather than being objects to be used. They are honoured companions of men who derive pleasure from men as much as men derive pleasure from them.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
maclatunji: However, you have to understand that sexual pleasure can only be maximized if both parties are willing to give as much pleasure as they receive. In order words Houris will enjoy the act as much as men will. I may then ask if the Houris have been honoured with a life of perpetual bliss? So rather than being objects to be used. They are honoured companions of men who derive pleasure from men as much as men derive pleasure from them.

I do understand that and I take that into consideration...however the houris’s companions are not the ones presented as a reward stapled to the heavenly experience.
The houris main function appears to be to heighten or add to the pleasure of their companions in paradise irrespective of them being in receipt of any pleasure because that was not even the objective (add to the fact that heaven is supposed to be a place pleasurable to all inhabitants anyway)...the difference is that they were created or provided to satisfy another even within other aforementioned roles i.e. "seeking blessings for their would-be husbands" and even allegedly being perpetual virgins – (at least to my own understanding).
Is it wrong to say that the Houris are mainly offering a service - aiding their companion's heavenly experience?
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
@bolded, that would be wrong. It would be right to say Houris are an integral part of the heavenly(paradise) experience. Do I read you correctly if I say you find it belittling to you as a woman that Houris are meant to perform that function?

Sorry, I accidentally modified your post. Slip of mind and hands.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
maclatunji: @bolded, that would be wrong. It would be right to say Houris are an integral part of the heavenly(paradise) experience. Do I read you correctly if I say you find it belittling to you as a woman that Houris are meant to perform that function?

Yes admittedly there is a part of me as a female that finds the primary function of these houris to be quite belittling because I deem them as mere provision or as if their existence is largely to gratify another...but I would have still raised the question if there are any male characters that are provided for the pleasure of women and I wouldn’t find their role any less demeaning or objectifying because they are male.

Add to the fact that some of these men to be promised a houris most likely have wives who may qualify for Paradise but are granted these houris as a bonus?

To be honest I guess my thoughts regarding this subject is influenced by my convictions and own interpretation and understanding of Paradise from another’s description but I know I wouldn’t want to be a prize or for my existence (wholly or partly) to largely be for another man’s satisfaction and vice versa .

Sorry, I accidentally modified your post. Slip of mind and hands.

That’s ok...it makes a difference for a mod to emphasis another’s post as opposed to erasing it completely hehe.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by LagosShia: 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
i think trying to draw a parallel between the concept of houri with $ex is as good as drawing a parallel between or limiting marriage/companionship for only the purpose of $ex.therefore it is only best we examine the Holy Quran to see what it says about houris:

Holy Quran 44:54
"Thus shall it be. And We shall pair them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye".

Holy Quran 55:72
"[There the blest will live with their] companions pure and modest, in pavilions [splendid]"

Holy Quran 52:20
""reclining on couches [of happiness] ranged in rows!” And [in that paradise] We shall mate them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye"

Here are verses that refer to one’s spouse recreated in the hereafter:

Holy Quran 56:34-36
"And [with them will be their] spouses, raised high: for, behold, We shall have brought them into being in a life renewed, having resurrected them as virgins"

Rewards mentioned in the Quran for both males and females who are believers:

Holy Quran 9:72
"God has promised the believers, both men and women gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual bliss: but God's goodly acceptance is the greatest [bliss of all] -for this, this is the triumph supreme!"

Holy Quran 40:8
"“And, O our Sustainer, bring them into the gardens of perpetual bliss which Thou hast promised them, together with the righteous from among their forebears, and their spouses, and their offspring - for, verily, Thou alone art almighty, truly wise"

Holy Quran 16:97
"As for anyone - be it man or woman who does righteous deeds, and is a believer withal - him shall We most certainly cause to live a good life, and most certainly shall We grant unto such as these their reward in accordance with the best that they ever did".

now the importance of having companionship could turn out to be your spouse in this world if both the husband and wife make it into paradise.if not,then there must be provision for companionship for either of the two.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by tbaba1234: 4:06am On Jun 04, 2012
emöfine2: Does the presence of Houris in Paradise as a heavenly reward cater to the objectification of females?

How? Men will be married to the houris and from their earthly wives. How does that translate to objectification? Is $ex the only benefit to a marriage? What about companionship?

Is the sole purpose of the creation of the Houris to pleasure the men who’ll inhabit heaven?

what is meant by pleasure?? The houris have been created to be companions in the hereafter...

If so then doesn’t this serve to objectify females?

see above
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
@LagosShia + tbaba

First of all my emphasis was not even on sex it was on the role of the houris.

When a list is drawn up of some of the pleasures to be found or experienced in Paradise, Houris will definitely feature.

Thus my question follows: what is the purpose of their existence? Or maybe I should say...Are the Houris just one of the many pleasurable provisions to be made in Paradise?

The way I look at it...the Houris existence (at the very least part of their existence) is largely for the purpose of satisfying another – their companion.
They form part of the rewards to be found in Paradise. They are thus “prizes” - at least they are presented as such.
Hence my questions - Are these female characters objectified?....Afterall they exist for what? To gratify another or to add to another’s pleasure?

LagosShia: now the importance of having companionship could turn out to be your spouse in this world if both the husband and wife make it into paradise.if not,then there must be provision for companionship for either of the two.

Oh so they are also the [i]consolation [/i]prize?
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by sino(m): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ emofine2 Many are times we conclude that our spouses are God's gift, perhaps due to the pleasure we have found in them or such important role they play in our lives. The companions of paradise are indeed rewards to the pious, they are solely created for the believers to play so many roles which might not be known to us. the concept of paradise and what it entails comprises of earthly similitude but to a very large extent distinct and beyond our comprehension...women were never objectified in Islam, they are always held in high esteem.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 1:15am On Jun 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

My god, am I at a hip-hop concert? The remixing that is done here is just epic!

See Tbaba, LagosShia and Maclatunji remixing and spinning their way out of a problem in the Quran.

The houri represent a very problematic issue for Islam.

-What if muslim husband and wives make it to Jannah? Concubinage with houri?

-Why are only the men promised houri? What is the reward for women? The houri are female deigns " 55:56 Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinni will have touched before them"

-If Muhammad and followers are in Jannah, what is Muhammad's need for houri? Aisha and Khadija not enough?

Sorry, but the Houri is one controversial topic in islam
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by tbaba1234: 2:07am On Jun 05, 2012
^Ignorance at its best, go and do your assignment... you have no credibility if you fail to do it....
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by tbaba1234: 2:40am On Jun 05, 2012
First of all my emphasis was not even on sex it was on the role of the houris.

When a list is drawn up of some of the pleasures to be found or experienced in Paradise, Houris will definitely feature.

Thus my question follows: what is the purpose of their existence? Or maybe I should say...Are the Houris just one of the many pleasurable provisions to be made in Paradise?

Your question is not exactly clear.... The Houris is one of the features of paradise which we are aware of... There are many other things in paradise we are not aware of...

The Houris is a creation that will serve as companionship for those who make paradise. Every thing in paradise is just one of the pleasurable provisions including the houris..

The way I look at it...the Houris existence (at the very least part of their existence) is largely for the purpose of satisfying another – their companion.
They form part of the rewards to be found in Paradise. They are thus “prizes” - at least they are presented as such.
Hence my questions - Are these female characters objectified?....Afterall they exist for what? To gratify another or to add to another’s pleasure?

Look at it this way, every thing you have is a prize or a provision, Even on the earth... Everything you have is a gift, Does that objectify your wife or kids which have been given to you as gifts from your lord?

Just as the houris are a provision for you, you are also a provision for them.... It is both ways.... By your definition, you are also being objectified for them....

Your provide companionship for them as they do for you.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2012
tbaba1234:

Your question is not exactly clear.... The Houris is one of the features of paradise which we are aware of... There are many other things in paradise we are not aware of...

The Houris is a creation that will serve as companionship for those who make paradise. Every thing in paradise is just one of the pleasurable provisions including the houris..

Look at it this way, every thing you have is a prize or a provision, Even on the earth... Everything you have is a gift, Does that objectify your wife or kids which have been given to you as gifts from your lord?

Just as the houris are a provision for you, you are also a provision for them.... It is both ways.... By your definition, you are also being objectified for them....

I have told her that already. Nothing you say here will change emofine's mind. Ok, let me even smash the calabash- women were created to be companions of men and you lot are objects of our desire and sources of pleasure for us here on earth. Are you going to smash your head because I said that- of course not. Does the bolded prevent you from being all you want to be and from positively impacting on the world? No! However, you would do well to remember it ever-so-often because anybody who tells you otherwise is an hypocrite.

Don't shy away from your femininity, embrace it. Islam accords women a place of esteem and honour at all times and that includes Houris as well. cheesy
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 10:57am On Jun 05, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Ignorance at its best, go and do your assignment... you have no credibility if you fail to do it....

Name one ignorant thing about my comment. See how much of a fraud you are? You can not debate on the subject of the thread (houri) and so you play a strawman- the useless assignment that you mentioned on another thread. Yes, the assignment destroys all logic, reasonable arguments and credibility that I have ever had on Nairaland (rolls eye, sarcasm off)

logicboy: grin grin grin grin grin

My god, am I at a hip-hop concert? The remixing that is done here is just epic!

See Tbaba, LagosShia and Maclatunji remixing and spinning their way out of a problem in the Quran.

The houri represent a very problematic issue for Islam.

-What if muslim husband and wives make it to Jannah? Concubinage with houri?

-Why are only the men promised houri? What is the reward for women? The houri are female deigns " 55:56 Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinni will have touched before them"

-If Muhammad and followers are in Jannah, what is Muhammad's need for houri? Aisha and Khadija not enough?

Sorry, but the Houri is one controversial topic in islam

Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

I have told her that already. Nothing you say here will change emofine's mind. Ok, let me even smash the calabash- women were created to be companions of men and you lot are objects of our desire and sources of pleasure for us here on earth. Are you going to smash your head because I said that- of course not. Does the bolded prevent you from being all you want to be and from positively impacting on the world? No! However, you would do well to remember it ever-so-often because anybody who tells you otherwise is an hypocrite.

Don't shy away from your femininity, embrace it. Islam accords women a place of esteem and honour at all times and that includes Houris as well. cheesy

Sexist pig. Even you know that what you said about women is wrong (bolded part).

It's amazing when people like Maclatunki still wonder why the West looks at islam as a sexist religion. You make such derogatory statements about women and then claim to be the victim when called sexist.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Sexist pig. Even you know that what you said about women is wrong (bolded part).

It's amazing when people like Maclatunki still wonder why the West looks at islam as a sexist religion. You make such derogatory statements about women and then claim to be the victim when called sexist.

I was expecting this from someone like you. However, I have a simple assignment for you: Provide me one Top 10 Movie or Musical Video that doesn't have women scantily clad in demeaning positions when compared to the male artistes. I said it before and I am saying it again, you guys are hypocrites. Islam does not prevent people from being in their true state- a woman is a pearl to be honoured, the fact that they were created as companions to men and child bearers does not prevent them from being great in every sense of the world. The western world under the influence of the devil is trying to make women feel that until they are treated as men they cannot fulfill their purpose in life. However, what do we find? Abuse of women in all forms, a scantily clad female has to be on every advert from tooth picks to bulldozers or do you want us to look at date-rape, rape, sex-slavery in Europe and so on.

Even with your girlfriend that you were "squeezing in public", what respect do you have for her? None, publicly humiliating her and you have the nerve to try and call me names for stating the obvious. #Rubbish
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2012
confusion !!! grin grin grin

Paradise is for MEN , right ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

I was expecting this from someone like you. However, I have a simple assignment for you: Provide me one Top 10 Movie or Musical Video that doesn't have women scantily clad in demeaning positions when compared to the male artistes. I said it before and I am saying it again, you guys are hypocrites. Islam does not prevent people from being in their true state- a woman is a pearl to be honoured, the fact that they were created as companions to men and child bearers does not prevent them from being great in every sense of the world. The western world under the influence of the devil is trying to make women feel that until they are treated as men they cannot fulfill their purpose in life. However, what do we find? Abuse of women in all forms, a scantily clad female has to be on every advert from tooth picks to bulldozers or do you want us to look at date-rape, rape, sex-slavery in Europe and so on.

Even with your girlfriend that you were "squeezing in public", what respect do you have for her? None, publicly humiliating her and you have the nerve to try and call me names for stating the obvious. #Rubbish

1) Two wrongs do not make a right. You fail on that principle

2) Hollywood never claims to be the moral authority or to have moral standing in the way of Allah like the muslims do.

3) Even people in the US media complain about the amount of s.ex in adverts and TV. I wonder why you are ignorant about that. Here is proof of that;
http://greenheritagenews.com/most-americans-say-there-is-too-much-sex-in-advertising/

http://volumepr.com/VolumePRBlog/tabid/65/EntryId/58/Too-Much-Sex-in-Advertising.aspx

4) So you enjoy my threads about myself? Why do you hardly comment on my threads? Did my thread about my girlfriend give you an erection?

Sorry for the joke. Okay, how is squeezing my girlfriend in public sexist when she kisses me in public as well? Maybe you thought that she is one of those hijab wearing girls that pretend to be chaste. She doesnt wear Hijab or burkah. She is a sexy western muslim.

Although, I did get a slap for the public squeezing when I got home.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

1) Two wrongs do not make a right. You fail on that principle

2) Hollywood never claims to be the moral authority or to have moral standing in the way of Allah like the muslims do.

3) Even people in the US media complain about the amount of s.ex in adverts and TV. I wonder why you are ignorant about that. Here is proof of that;
http://greenheritagenews.com/most-americans-say-there-is-too-much-sex-in-advertising/

http://volumepr.com/VolumePRBlog/tabid/65/EntryId/58/Too-Much-Sex-in-Advertising.aspx

4) So you enjoy my threads about myself? Why do you hardly comment on my threads? Did my thread about my girlfriend give you an erection?

Sorry for the joke. Okay, how is squeezing my girlfriend in public sexist when she kisses me in public as well? Maybe you thought that she is one of those hijab wearing girls that pretend to be chaste. She doesnt wear Hijab or burkah. She is a sexy western muslim.

Although, I did get a slap for the public squeezing when I got home.

There is no wrong anywhere from my side. Islam recognizes that for all intent and purposes virtually every man works with programming based on that comment I made and it has put structures in place that moderates both parties. Otherwise, what we will have is the depravity of the western world and as for some people in those countries campaigning against such vices, it doesn't remove from the fact that those in positions of authority promote such interests so it is like saying some good exists in a condemned criminal, that is true but becomes irrelevant.

Regarding your girlfriend, I could tell that she wears no form of hijab. However, for the purposes of this discussion, that point is irrelevant. [b]Even a courtesan deep within her being wants to be treated with respect and dignity- the only thing is that she may not know how to stop the lewd life she lives. [/b]Your admission that she slapped you when you got home validates my point and kudos to you for being honest about it.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

There is no wrong anywhere from my side. Islam recognizes that for all intent and purposes virtually every man works with programming based on that comment I made and it has put structures in place that moderates both parties. Otherwise, what we will have is the depravity of the western world and as for some people in those countries campaigning against such vices, it doesn't remove from the fact that those in positions of authority promote such interests so it is like saying some good exists in a condemned criminal, that is true but becomes irrelevant.

Regarding your girlfriend, I could tell that she wears no form of hijab. However, for the purposes of this discussion, that point is irrelevant. [b]Even a courtesan deep within her being wants to be treated with respect and dignity- the only thing is that she may not know how to stop the lewd life she lives. [/b]Your admission that she slapped you when you got home validates my point and kudos to you for being honest about it.

You were wrong (sexist and factually inaccurate) in your original statement about women.

1) Women were not created to be companions of men. That statement is sexist. The only way to correct it is to add that men and women should be companions and not that women were only made for men as if men were made for better purposes

2) Even so, human beings were not created by God. We evolved from other animals. That's the evolution debate. I know that we shouldnt get into such debate here but I am just stating another point of view.

maclatunji:
Ok, let me even smash the calabash- women were created to be companions of men and you lot are objects of our desire and sources of pleasure for us here on earth. Are you going to smash your head because I said that- of course not.

====================================================

Enough about my girlfriend. You and your fellow muslims have claimed that she is not a real muslim because of her relationship with an atheist. It is both ironic and hypocritical

-Ironic; you claim that women are created to be companions of men. were you only talking about muslim men?

-hypocritical; you say that my girlfriend is not a real muslim (lewd life) but never talk about the haraam things that your muslim leaders do. Your muslim Sheiks and princes invest in alcoholic companies, have pre-marital sex with hollywood celebrities, embezzle money etc. Your clerics (especially Iranianc ones) throw death sentences as if they are Allah. Salman Rushdie and the Iranian rapper are examples. Even Muhammad did not kill people who did not pose a threat to him. There are many punishments other than the death sentence.

My girlfirend slapped me because she realised why I had groped her. It was to annoy some Saudi Arabian busy bodies
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

You were wrong (sexist and factually inaccurate) in your original statement about women.

1) Women were not created to be companions of men. That statement is sexist. The only way to correct it is to add that men and women should be companions and not that women were only made for men as if men were made for better purposes

2) Even so, human beings were not created by God. We evolved from other animals. That's the evolution debate. I know that we shouldnt get into such debate here but I am just stating another point of view.

====================================================

Enough about my girlfriend. You and your fellow muslims have claimed that she is not a real muslim because of her relationship with an atheist. It is both ironic and hypocritical

-Ironic; you claim that women are created to be companions of men. were you only talking about muslim men?

-hypocritical; you say that my girlfriend is not a real muslim (lewd life) but never talk about the haraam things that your muslim leaders do. Your muslim Sheiks and princes invest in alcoholic companies, have pre-marital sex with hollywood celebrities, embezzle money etc. Your clerics (especially Iranianc ones) throw death sentences as if they are Allah. Salman Rushdie and the Iranian rapper are examples. Even Muhammad did not kill people who did not pose a threat to him. There are many punishments other than the death sentence.

My girlfirend slapped me because she realised why I had groped her. It was to annoy some Saudi Arabian busy bodies

Did you miss the part where I said that your girlfriend's using Hijab or not is not relevant to this discussion? I was not even thinking of your girlfriend when I talked about courtesans and lewd life. I made it as a general comment to buttress my point. As for me being sexist, if it means following the natural order that God created, then no problem. You evolved? That is why you are so inhibited in your thinking. Read the Adam and Eve story again and answer this question: Why was Eve created? Please your answer should come from that story. Irrespective of what you think about its validity.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Did you miss the part where I said that your girlfriend's using Hijab or not is not relevant to this discussion? I was not even thinking of your girlfriend when I talked about courtesans and lewd life. I made it as a general comment to buttress my point. As for me being sexist, if it means following the natural order that God created, then no problem. You evolved? That is why you are so inhibited in your thinking. Read the Adam and Eve story again and answer this question: Why was Eve created? Please your answer should come from that story. Irrespective of what you think about its validity.

Clearly, if the Adam and Eve story was true, then yes, women are made to be men's companions. From my own perspective, the Adam and Eve story is not true. This where our disagreement lies.

Btw, you have avoided my question. Why do you avoid my threads?

Also, please answer this question; what would you do if your daughter/sister/female cousin/niece/granddaughter fell in love with an atheist?
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

I have told her that already. Nothing you say here will change emofine's mind. Ok, let me even smash the calabash- women were created to be companions of men and you lot are objects of our desire and sources of pleasure for us here on earth.

What a male chauvinist, woman was not made for man, woman was made to be a helper for man. A woman is also in need of companionship vis-à-vis the male.

Again you say women are meant for our pleasure, does this mean women are not merited to derive pleasure from male companionship , lol. What a backward nonsensical way of thinking.

My wife derives pleasure from me in all aspects of life as I also derive pleasure from her, it is two way not one track.

To suggest that your so called paradise is for men to enjoy ONLY is so prejudiced , biased and outright shocking !!!

Besides why would she want to shy away from her feminity, does feminity equal wearing Hijab and subjugating yourself to men , wow, we are in the 21st century not stone age, mate !!!!! grin grin grin

Please fast-forward to the modern age, stop rewinding to eras gone by.

Finally , we have all seen by now , how you esteem your women and honour them.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Clearly, if the Adam and Eve story was true, then yes, women are made to be men's companions. From my own perspective, the Adam and Eve story is not true. This where our disagreement lies.

Btw, you have avoided my question. Why do you avoid my threads?

Also, please answer this question; what would you do if your daughter/sister/female cousin/niece/granddaughter fell in love with an atheist?

Why do I avoid your threads? Well, there is no deliberate attempt to avoid your threads, it may be because somebody else has expressed my opinions on the thread or maybe I feel that you are not in the mood to learn or change your opinion- so why should I bother? I am comfortable with my beliefs, why should I be desperate for us to agree? No reason.

What would I do if my daughter/sister/female cousin/niece/granddaughter fell in love with an atheist? I would advise her to kill that love as there is no gain in a man that seeks to run away from God when he is completely under God's control. It is a grievous thing to deny God's existence to me as a Muslim and I would let her know that. The truth is that a good Muslim shows his/her child/ward the path of Islam from childhood. Having done that, anyone that leaves that path would have to be isolated like a cancerous tumour and cut-off from the family setting if all attempts to change the status quo fails.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Why do I avoid your threads? Well, there is no deliberate attempt to avoid your threads, it may be because somebody else has expressed my opinions on the thread or maybe I feel that you are not in the mood to learn or change your opinion- so why should I bother? I am comfortable with my beliefs, why should I be desperate for us to agree? No reason.

Good answer. Fair enough.

maclatunji:
What would I do if my daughter/sister/female cousin/niece/granddaughter fell in love with an atheist? I would advise her to kill that love as there is no gain in a man that seeks to run away from God when he is completely under God's control. It is a grievous thing to deny God's existence to me as a Muslim and I would let her know that. The truth is that a good Muslim shows his/her child/ward the path of Islam from childhood. Having done that, anyone that leaves that path would have to be isolated like a cancerous tumour and cut-off from the family setting if all attempts to change the status quo fails.

I disagree with your answer but I must praise you for your honesty. LagosShia dodged the question.

There are many problems with your answer.

1) Disowning a child or a loved one is easier sad than done. It is very difficult and even your own family will dislike you for not showing unconditional love for something trivial as religion. It is not like she committed murder.

2) There is no compulsion in religion, remember?

3) You are a grown man. You have probably been in love. Do you think it is easy for a young woman to forget her love?

4) Is that not bigotry against atheists? The very computer that you are using is made by an atheist- either Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Is a corrupt muslim better than a good atheist in marriage? Even the owner of this website is an atheist. Can you call him a grevious man to his face?

5) Many muslim women have started marrying non-muslim men in the West. Even here in UK, I cant even count the amount of Ugandan/Camerounian/Kenyan muslim girls that I could have slept with because they like Nigerian rich boys who are usually christians in UK.

6) Even in the USA Anthony Weiner, a white American non-muslim senator, married a female muslim. Although, their marriage did not go so well after the idiot infidel went to post a picture of his manhood on the internet.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

What a male chauvinist, woman was not made for man, woman was made to be a helper for man. A woman is also in need of companionship vis-à-vis the male.

Again you say women are meant for our pleasure, does this mean women are not merited to derive pleasure from male companionship , lol. What a backward nonsensical way of thinking.

My wife derives pleasure from me in all aspects of life as I also derive pleasure from her, it is two way not one track.

To suggest that your so called paradise is for men to enjoy ONLY is so prejudiced , biased and outright shocking !!!

Besides why would she want to shy away from her feminity, does feminity equal wearing Hijab and subjugating yourself to men , wow, we are in the 21st century not stone age, mate !!!!! grin grin grin

Please fast-forward to the modern age, stop rewinding to eras gone by.

Finally , we have all seen by now , how you esteem your women and honour them.

The bible is sexist as well. The difference is that christians at least try to distance themselves from the sexism.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by maclatunji: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Good answer. Fair enough.

I disagree with your answer but I must praise you for your honesty. LagosShia dodged the question.

There are many problems with your answer.

1) Disowning a child or a loved one is easier sad than done. It is very difficult and even your own family will dislike you for not showing unconditional love for something trivial as religion. It is not like she committed murder.

2) There is no compulsion in religion, remember?

3) You are a grown man. You have probably been in love. Do you think it is easy for a young woman to forget her love?

4) Is that not bigotry against atheists? The very computer that you are using is made by an atheist- either Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Is a corrupt muslim better than a good atheist in marriage? Even the owner of this website is an atheist. Can you call him a grevious man to his face?

5) Many muslim women have started marrying non-muslim men in the West. Even here in UK, I cant even count the amount of Ugandan/Camerounian/Kenyan muslim girls that I could have slept with because they like Nigerian rich boys who are usually christians in UK.

6) Even in the USA Anthony Weiner, a white American non-muslim senator, married a female muslim. Although, their marriage did not go so well after the idiot infidel went to post a picture of his manhood on the internet.

The bolded is the only point I find useful to answer. 'There is no compulsion in religion' does not mean you will be accepted if you leave your religion. It means you will be allowed to go your way with the consequence(s)attached therewith.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
maclatunji:

The bolded is the only point I find useful to answer. 'There is no compulsion in religion' does not mean you will be accepted if you leave your religion. It means you will be allowed to go your way with the consequence(s)attached therewith.

grin grin
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by logicboy: 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
frosbel:

grin grin

Abeg, Frosbel, the muslisms here listen to you. Help me explain to Maclatunji that if there is no compulsion in religion, there should be no punishment for leaving a religion.

I give up. think it's better that I go back to bashing christianity. Christians at least will not go so far to defend punishing apostates, none of them will like to punish me just for leaving christianity.
Re: Houris: Her Role As His Reward? by emofine2(f): 2:37am On Jun 06, 2012
sino: @ emofine2 Many are times we conclude that our spouses are God's gift

Yes, some people do use expressions such as “God’s gift” to describe their significant other but that doesn’t establish the purpose of the existence of any partner here on earth.

@sino + tbaba

The companions of paradise are indeed rewards to the pious, they are solely created for the believers to play so many roles which might not be known to us.

Houris and not the “pious” are the “rewards”. Some people keep on stressing that houris will be a recipient of pleasure from their companion as much as they provide their companion with pleasure but that does not subtract from the detail that the houris are the prize and the believer thus the winner of such prizes. Or can one say that the believers are also as “prize” to the Houris?

What constitutes as a prize? What are prizes made for? An incentive? Without any wiling participants a prize's value will thus depreciate. If there was no participants there’ll be no use for prizes. If there were no male believers in Paradise would Houris still exist?...What will be their value?

The fact that houris are said to be perpetual virgins (correct me if I’m wrong) will always make me think twice about the alleged remark about equivalent pleasure.

For the most part...On Earth women unlike houris have a choice. We can decide if we want male companions unlike houris who are obligated in their “roles” which serves as a reward for another.

Which leads me to ask...will females be subservient to men in Paradise?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Actions For Which Rewards Are Multiplied / Some Lessons From Adab Al-mufrad This Week: Caring For Animals / Have You Completed The Six Days Shawwal Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.