Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi (4701 Views)

Governor Zainab Shinkafi-Bagudu Meets With Albinos (Photos) / We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi / Ex-gov Shinkafi Asks For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by aljharem(m): 6:10am On Jun 03, 2012
The National Secretary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Alhaji Sani Shinkafi has said that the leader of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MOSSOB), Ralph Uwazuruike lacks the capacity to question his authority as the party’s scribe.

He also described the statement credited to Uwazuruike that he would strip the APGA’s National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh naked as “irresponsible and unfortunate coming from somebody that aspires to lead”.

Speaking to Sunday Independent in Abuja at the weekend, Shinkafi stated that, “the statement credited to Uwazuruike is unfortunate. I have never wanted to join words with Ralph Uwazuruike my brother and my friend, but for clarification sake, Uwazuruike is not a card-carrying member of APGA, so he cannot question my authority as the National Secretary of APGA, either indirectly or directly.

“If Ralph Uwazuruike wants to do that, let him go to his village in Onu-Imo and pick the APGA registration card and be registered as a bonafide member of the party before he starts challenging my authority as the National Secretary of the party. I have never for one day insulted or attacked the family of late Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu. I am a part and parcel of that family for almost a decade now,” he added.

Shinkafi noted that he has related with the family of the late leader of the party and Igbo leader and has never gone against his principles noting that, “if Uwazuruike can now wake on the pages of newspapers and alleged that I am attacking the Ojukwu family it is quite unfortunate.”

“APGA for whatever it is worth is not a regional party. So for Uwazuruike to be raising such allegations, it is very unfortunate. And for somebody that aspires to the leadership of Ndi-Igbo to be seen to be saying on the pages of the newspapers that he will strip the APGA National Chairman naked in public is very irresponsible and undemocratic. Does that qualify him to be a leader? Does that qualify him to be a democrat? I want to make one point very clear to Uwazuruike and his cohorts: APGA is not an Igbo party neither is it a regional party but a National party,” he declared.

Shinkafi further stated: “APGA is not a family party, it is our party. I can challenge anybody in Igbo land that the party is a national party, but I can only accept that APGA is more formidable in the East because the formation point started in the South East. Like in the First Republic, the origin of the NCNC led by the late Dr. Nnamdi Azimiwe is from the South East, while the Action Group led by the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo has its strong hold in the South West, the origin of NEPU is from the North West headed by Mallam Aminu Kano and NPC headed by the late Ahmadu Bello. So if you are talking about the formation of parties every political party has its strong hold.

“By the provisions of the 1999 Constitution as amended, it is clearly stated that before a political party is registered it must have its National headquarters in the Federal Capital Territory, it must have a national spread and it’s officers must also reflect the National character. So if you feel that somebody from the north is a nobody, you are making a mistake, and if you are in the South East to claim APGA you are ignorant,” he added.

The APGA Scribe while debunking insinuations that he is being used

by Umeh pointed out that “Uwazuruike who is championing the cause of the Federal Republic of Biafra has nothing to say about a party that was registered under the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

It would be recaled that Uwazuruike had on Friday warned the National Chairman of APGA over alleged attacks on the family of the late Ojukwu.

The MASSOB leader had said: “We warn Chief Victor Umeh to desist from dragging the name of Ojukwu in the mud. In as much as we are not interested in Nigeria, we will not fold our hands and allow anybody to degrade Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s family.”

Uwazuruike further said: “Chief Umeh has no right whatsoever to stop or persuade people not to attend a meeting in Ojukwu’s house. Ojukwu is highly revered in Igbo land, his image and personality should not be dragged into selfish and rancorous politics.”

MASSOB also warned the APGA National Chairman “to stop using Alhaji Shinkafi to insult Ojukwu’s family or we shall strip him naked and ostracise him for dragging Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s family name in the mud.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/06/apga-mossob-leader-cannot-question-my-authority-shinkafi/
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by 9javoice1(m): 6:21am On Jun 03, 2012
the Alhaji Shinkafi has been talking nonsense some days now.

last time he open his dirty and gworo mouth to say that ACN,APGA,PDP are own by the north.

such comments are made to bring more hatred on the already hated north.

1 Like

Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by aljharem(m): 6:28am On Jun 03, 2012
9ja voice: the Alhaji Shinkafi has been talking nonsense some days now.

last time he open his dirty and gworo mouth to say that ACN,APGA,PDP are own by the north.

Who hates the north ?

Moreover, what he is saying is it true of false ?
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Onlytruth(m): 6:33am On Jun 03, 2012
I support Uwazuruike in his efforts to sanction and rein in Victor Umeh who is desperate for power and position.
Infact MASSOB should make life HELL for Umeh and whoever is trying to destroy APGA for personal reasons.
Mr Shinkafis of Nigeria would never shut up until we deal with people like Victor Umeh.

APGA is a national party, but we must retain control of it.
We need to field a presidential candidate in 2015 under APGA flag. Win or lose, we need to do it.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2012
Mehn!!! Alhaji Shinkafi is one hell of a bold and brave person. The earlier the south east realises the importance of having a regional party the better. Be it as it may, I see court cases, accusations and counter-accusations from both end.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by OneNaira6: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2012
What do people expect from a thread opened by alj_harem? SMH

Why omit the word "MASSOB leader cannot question his authority as "THE NATIONAL SECRETARY OF APGA, EITHER INDIRECTLY OR DIRECTLY"

Which is a FACT!!!! Umuzurike is not an APGA member therefore he does have a limited right to fight or dispute a members contribution to political party meetings.

SMH alj-harem is pathetic as it get and takes no shame in it. what a shame

onlytruth
I support Uwazuruike in his efforts to sanction and rein in Victor Umeh who is desperate for power and position.
Infact MASSOB should make life HELL for Umeh and whoever is trying to destroy APGA for personal reasons.
Mr Shinkafis of Nigeria would never shut up until we deal with people like Victor Umeh.

supported I hope they continue to make his life a living he11.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2012
Shinkafi is up to something more interesting!
He is aware APGA has some form of political structure in the East and non elsewhere, yet he is willing to call it a national party.

I think it's a grand plot to factionalize APGA in order to, among other things, reduce the block vote effect in SE come 2015.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by ektbear: 8:19am On Jun 03, 2012
^-- Yep.

Plots within plots here. None of this smells right.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2012
I won't be surprise if Shinkafi is working covertly for PDP. PDP is very good at sponsoring agents to destroy opposing parties. The case of ANPP is still fresh and all that. Their agents went in(Gov. Isa Yuguda & co), caused a serious chaos by accepting the so-called government of national unity(GNU), which led to untimely demised of ANPP. But trust Buhari, he quickly luanch CPC, a party that wrestled about 11 million votes from PDP rigging machine within 6 months of its formation. What about PPA? Ohakim the dreaded devil left the back door open for PDP monsters to come in and destroyed what could have been a formidable opposing party in south east.

They are always afraid of anything that will awake the south east from their political prostitutions.

90% of northern politicians feel very comfortable under PDP, cos thats the only party that would allow them dominate others.

bayooooooo: Shinkafi is up to something more interesting!
He is aware APGA has some form of political structure in the East and non elsewhere, yet he is willing to call it a national party.

I think it's a grand plot to factionalize APGA in order to, among other things, reduce the block vote effect in SE come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by damola1: 10:18am On Jun 03, 2012
The MASSOB leader had said: “We warn Chief Victor Umeh to desist from dragging the name of Ojukwu in the mud. In as much as we are not interested in Nigeria, we will not fold our hands and allow anybody to degrade Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s family.”

Uwazuruike further said: “Chief Umeh has no right whatsoever to stop or persuade people not to attend a meeting in Ojukwu’s house. Ojukwu is highly revered in Igbo land, his image and personality should not be dragged into selfish and rancorous politics.”

MASSOB also warned the APGA National Chairman “to stop using Alhaji Shinkafi to insult Ojukwu’s family or we shall strip him Unclad and ostracise him for dragging Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s family name in the mud.”

No were in this statement did the MASSOB leader involve APGA. Rather he made it clear ' Ojukwu's ' brand is held in high regard. Simple... Umeh is not just a political leader, he's also an igbo man, a family man, and so many other things... Shinkafi's response is baseless.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2012
damola1:

No were in this statement did the MASSOB leader involve APGA. Rather he made it clear ' Ojukwu's ' brand is held in high regard. Simple... Umeh is not just a political leader, he's also an igbo man, a family man, and so many other things... Shinkafi's response is baseless.

Excellent post!
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2012
Umeh is sinking very fast but he is trying to create a mess while he is drowned; Peter Obi is a cult figure in APGA and all these Shinkafis and Umehs are like little puppies wagging their tails. Nobody fhucks with Obi,he will always defeat his enemies.... Lets keep watching.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by AndroBlaze: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2012
Intelligent contributions so far. The drama continues.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by AndroBlaze: 11:00am On Jun 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I won't be surprise if Shinkafi is working covertly for PDP. PDP is very good at sponsoring agents to destroy opposing parties. The case of ANPP is still fresh and all that. Their agents went in(Gov. Isa Yuguda & co), caused a serious chaos by accepting the so-called government of national unity(GNU), which led to untimely demised of ANPP. But trust Buhari, he quickly luanch CPC, a party that wrestled about 11 million votes from PDP rigging machine within 6 months of its formation. What about PPA? Ohakim the dreaded devil left the back door open for PDP monsters to come in and destroyed what could have been a formidable opposing party in south east.

They are always afraid of anything that will awake the south east from their political prostitutions.

90% of northern politicians feel very comfortable under PDP, cos thats the only party that would allow them dominate others.

Said it all.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by gbadexy(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2012
I would love to see APGA win a councilor electin in the north
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by ibnjarir(m): 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
9ja voice: the Alhaji Shinkafi has been talking nonsense some days now.

continue hating the north and we the the northerners!
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
“By the provisions of the 1999 Constitution as amended, it is clearly stated that before a political party is registered it must have its National headquarters in the Federal Capital Territory, it must have a national spread and it’s officers must also reflect the National character.

A flawed constitution. A flawed democracy.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by AnotherOkija: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
What exactly led to this mess..?!

How was Ojukwu's family name dragged through the mud?!

Im a bit confused!!

1 Like

Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by cesil92: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
I thought CPC belonged exclusively to the North under Buhari, while PPA and APGA to the South East.. Why does the North want to have equal authority with the owners of the party? Why does the North want to claim the party? Why are these Northerners so selfish and always want to take everything and rule?

Shinkafi APGA is for the South East o!
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
I so much love Nigerian politics, apart from Boko Haram, I think I find great joy watching the Nigerian Political Strata. One Nigeria !
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Sealeddeal(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
damola1:

....Nice!
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
damola1:

Was it not under Apga that ouj-iku contested for presidency and lost in 1999 ? Abi ? ?
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by mjconcept(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Was it not under Apga that ouj-iku contested for presidency and lost in 1999 ? Abi ? ?
So whats your problem with that?
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Dondbuzor: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
All these are happenin because peter obi has refused to conduct local govt elections against d advice of victor umeh.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by nduchucks: 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Why are people who are not members of APGA attempting to control the activities of APGA members? Who is Uwazuruike to sanction and rein in Victor Umeh, regarding APGA matters? These people need to come out of the bush and learn to participate in the political process like civilized people. What nonesense!!!

We will gobble up APGA soon enough.
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
If UMEH Mess up, i will personally unclad him naked in Enugu, make he no dey mess up. If he dares sell APGA, AM waiting for him at home
Re: APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi by KDULAR: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2012
Just unnecessarily sentimental. APGA is a Igbo party which aspire to produce the next president with support of about "30 million" adult Igbos who have already being shared into parties having roots on other parts of Nigeria. Ngwuanu ?( i guess I'm correct) grin grin grin grin grin grin. The population of eligible voters from other parts of the country is like 2 and a half more than that. Rather than think of how to make formidable alliances using all what is presenting itself ( Shinkafi inclusive), some of you future igbo l3aders grin grin grin grin are still consumed with "NA WE GET AM, APGA NA IGBO PATRY outsiders are not welcomed I laugh, I like Igbos who are sensible, strategic in thinking and devoid of emotions when it is ultimately necessary. But this shit going on, will not and never help the Igbo cause. Let MASSOB leader join APGA if he desires a change in how it is run not what he's doing right now it makes no fucking sense.

(1) (Reply)

Planned S/west Integration Awaits Legislatures' Nod / Apologise To Jonathan If You Have Any Honour / Muslims Converting To Christianity After ISIS Atrocities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.