Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi (13761 Views)

Governor Zainab Shinkafi-Bagudu Meets With Albinos (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / APGA: MOSSOB Leader Cannot Question My Authority – Shinkafi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by lagcity(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2012
THE crises rocking the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) appear to have assumed a new dimension, with alleged plans by the national headquarters to discipline some top members, including Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi over last Saturday’s meeting in Enugu, which it described as illegal and anti-party.

This was disclosed in Awka on Thursday by the Special Adviser to the party’s National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh, on Inter-party Affairs, Dr. Austine Ndigwe.

Others who may face the party’s disciplinary panel include Dr. Tim Menakaya, a member of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu and others who attended the meeting which Ndigwe described as “unfortunate, disappointing and illegal.”

The meeting was held at the Enugu residence of the late standard bearer of the party, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu by some members of the party, led by Obi, Menakaya and Mrs. Ojukwu.

Ndigwe said that neither Obi, Mrs. Ojukwu nor Menakaya have the constitutional right, under APGA’s constitution, to call a meeting where members of the National Executive Committee (NEC), National and state assemblies as well as key stakeholders of the party would be mandated to attend, like they did.

The party’s National Secretary, Alhaji Sani Abdullahi Shinkarfi corroborated Ndigwe’s views. He questioned Menakaya’s right to call for the recent meeting of the party in the south east and the usual claim by some people that APGA is an Igbo party.

“This party does not belong to any Igbo man, it not a tribal or sectional party but a national party. This party belongs to us and not a singular tribe in Nigeria. In the Northern part of this country, we are the determinant factor because we host the highest number of delegates either in PDP ACN or CPC”.

[size=14pt] “The Northern part of this country plays a determining role on who will be the leader of a party because the issue of democracy is a game of numbers and in the northern part of this country, we have the number, we can checkmate anybody in this party with our numbers. In a democracy, it is the people that count. In anything concerning any political party, we have 19 states and the Eastern part of this country has five states.[/size] What I will agree with any Igbo man is that APGA has more formidable structures in Igboland,” Shinkarfi said.

On his part, Ndigwe insisted that Menakaya remains a member of the BoT and nothing more, saying the position of Deputy Chairman of the BoT which he was arrogating to himself, was mere wishful thinking and is unknown to the party’s constitution or members.

Ndigwe said Menakaya’s membership of the BoT expires in January 2013 and may not be renewed, while the renewed tenure of the National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh who was given a fresh mandate during the June 2011 National Convention at Awka which was attended by Obi, Menakaya, Mrs Ojukwu and Sylvester Nwobu-Alor, would expire in June 2015.

He said Menakaya only joined APGA recently from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where he served as the Minister of Health during the tenure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, hence he is not in a position to grandstand as a founding member of APGA.

Ndigwe who is also the Special Assistant to Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on Public Affairs, said the whole stakeholders as well as the state and national assembly members of the party have just passed a vote of implicit confidence on Umeh and his leadership, adding that that was why no one of them as well as other reputed members of the party attended the Enugu meeting last Saturday.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87998:apga-may-sanction-obi-menakaya-bianca-over-meeting-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by lagcity(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Afam4eva(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2012
This northerners are biting more than they can chew. They want to bring their madness to APGA. I dey laugh.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by joeyfire(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2012
Rubbish on top of rubbish. This is just victor umeh faffing around as usual. There's beef between him and the peter obi faction, so I guess this statement is designed to isolate them. As for the party belonging to the north it could be that umeh has sold out now that ikemba has passed on. Peter obi and co are pro-GEJ while Umeh and the rest are flirting with the northern elite
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2012
shocked shocked shocked. Onlythruth where art thou? Mu he he he.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Onlytruth(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
shocked shocked shocked. Onlythruth where art thou? Mu he he he.

What are you laughing at my friend. The Shinkafi dude is smoking some cheap crack for saying this:

“The Northern part of this country plays a determining role on who will be the leader of a party because the issue of democracy is a game of numbers and in the northern part of this country, we have the number, we can checkmate anybody in this party with our numbers. In a democracy, it is the people that count. In anything concerning any political party, we have 19 states and the Eastern part of this country has five states. What I will agree with any Igbo man is that APGA has more formidable structures in Igboland,” Shinkarfi said.

The core North has 7 + 6 states(with dubious population) = 13 states
Core East has 5+ 4 (heavily populated states) =9 states

The ultimate truth is that the core North is NOT more populated than Core East.
When we get ready to rumble, they would be challenged to prove that they are more in number.

I desperately want PDP to die because only then can truth start to emerge in Nigeria.

If anybody thinks he can hijack APGA, they are goofy because the people make the party, not the other way round.
If they kill APGA, we shall raise another party and move there.
My main concern is that we must leave PDP. cool

1 Like

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Ufeolorun(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin @topic
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 9:29am On Jun 02, 2012
Dude, the bold is really necessary. Why do you think the PDP is fighting ACN only? Whether APGA or PPA or whatever, the south east needs a strong party.

Onlytruth:

What are you laughing at my friend. The Shinkafi dude is smoking some cheap crack for saying this:

When we get ready to rumble, they would be challenged to prove that they are more in number.

I desperately want PDP to die because only then can truth start to emerge in Nigeria.

If anybody thinks he can hijack APGA, they are goofy because the people make the party, not the other way round.
My main concern is that we must leave PDP
. cool

1 Like

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by lacasa: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
Whether APGA, CPC, ACN, ANPP or LP, let the most capable lead Nigeria's affairs come 2015

As long as PDP cancer is flushed out with the Retardeen along, then i am good τ̅o go

2 Likes

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by maigaskiya1: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
[quote author=Rhino.5dm]Dude, the bold is really necessary. Why do you think the PDP is fighting ACN only? Whether APGA or PPA or whatever, the south east needs a strong party.

[/quote u hav a point my twin broda
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by ismhab(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

NON SENSE, AN IGBO MAN MARRY ONE WIFE AND HAVE FIVE CHILDREN, WHILE A NORTHERNER MARRY UP TO FOUR WIVES WITH MORE THAN 20 TO 30 CHILDREN, SO COMPARE THE 2 AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

2 Likes

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by bakila: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

I thought you are an old man, unfortunately your calculations of state sounds like a Five year old.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by PhysicsQED(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nigeria never ceases to amaze me.

Imagine Christopher Ogbunnaya coming out to say Southerners will determine ANPP's leader.

This Shinkafi guy is on another planet.

3 Likes

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by nduchucks: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
The proverbial cat is watching you APGA micenovices. Make I borrow gif from jmaine abeg.

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by bakila: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ok Mr Shinkafi how many electoral offices have you won for you dear apuga in Zamfara State. Stop spreading sectional rubbish Mallam mekake yi a jami'iyar Ojukwu?
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by olyivy(f): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: Nigeria never ceases to amaze me.

Imagine Christopher Ogbunnaya coming out to say Southerners will determine ANPP's leader.

This Shinkafi guy is on another planet.

imagine that. What they dont know, both shinkafi and ume doesnt know is that Peter Obi owns that party and can dismantle it at will.

I dont like him at all but that is a reality.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by DaLover(m): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
Apga is clearly trying to be an igbo party....but how come shinkafi is a member of the party?
It is not a crime to have an ethnic party...but it is a crime when you try to sell an ethnic party as a national party......the greatest mistake igbos will make is to try and behave like yorubas in politics.....it is not their way and can never be their way....they are republican and competitive....this is why the British trusted them the least...
Yorubas in spite of their so called education will vote clannishly for anything with a yoruba stamp....notice that the only time they ever voted for a party with a national spread was when the president was a yoruba..after he left the seat..they quickly returned back to their voting ways...
Apga is an attempt to behave like the yoruba.....but i dont think the igbos can be cowed to vote clannishly.

3 Likes

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by zangiff(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
very funny man
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
This is about APGA and north, so why bring yoruba to this? Phocking ibo bigot!

DaLover: Apga is clearly trying to be an igbo party....but how come shinkafi is a member of the party?
It is not a crime to have an ethnic party...but it is a crime when you try to sell an ethnic party as a national party......the greatest mistake igbos will make is to try and behave like yorubas in politics.....it is not their way and can never be their way....they are republican and competitive....this is why the British trusted them the least...
Yorubas in spite of their so called education will vote clannishly for anything with a yoruba stamp....notice that the only time they ever voted for a party with a national spread was when the president was a yoruba..after he left the seat..they quickly returned back to their voting ways...
Apga is an attempt to behave like the yoruba.....but i dont think the igbos can be cowed to vote clannishly.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by aljharem(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
This is about APGA and north, so why bring yoruba to this? Phocking ibo bigot!

Rhino.5 why you reply am

please no yoruba should respond to any Bigot. Just be watching smiley
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by ak47mann(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
they don say cool cool
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Rhino5dm: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nah, just for the records. . .cool

alj harem:

Rhino.5 why you reply am

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Arysexy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
The tiger-claw faced bigots av gathered, waiting to attack. Am waiting for u all angry
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Dede1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
The Alhaji Sani Abdullahi Shinkarfi of a man has regurgitated what I have been saying about democracy as a game of numbers. If the northern region, as a unit, has the number, it is a determinant factor on who becomes the flag bearer of any political party in the country baring any other underlying factor.

Anybody Igbo man who argues against additional state for southeastern zone to match the number of states in the northern zones has no case against the ranting of Shinkarfi.

1 Like

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by NorthSharp(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
afam4eva: This northerners are biting more than they can chew. They want to bring their madness to APGA. I dey laugh.

Afam4eva, you have disappointed me no be small here; reading some of your recent posts, I was thinking (wrongly ?) that you were making conscious efforts to steer away from the self-destructive path of ethnic bigotry - for your own personal good (as I have successfully done, Alhamdu lil-Lah!).

And I was even crediting Sam Ikenna with this noticeable improvement in the quality of your posting of recent, but alas, you still seem to enjoy basking in ethnic bigotry and stereotyping!

For goodness sake, how could the comments of one Northern politician that is barely known even in the North, on the internal issues of a political party that is virtually non-existent in the North as APGA, warrant your ethnic tirade and insult against the Northerners?. The crass ethnic bigotry you shamelessly displayed here stinks to the highest heveans, afam!

If you can not be as free from cheap ethnic bigotry as Sam Ikenna, at least try to be as smart and intelligent in your attacks against other ethnic groups (by looking for a stronger justification for such insults) as your senior Igbo brothers on NL, such as[b] Dede1[/b] and Logic Mind. LOL
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by bittyend(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
DaLover: Apga is clearly trying to be an igbo party....but how come shinkafi is a member of the party?
It is not a crime to have an ethnic party...but it is a crime when you try to sell an ethnic party as a national party......the greatest mistake igbos will make is to try and behave like yorubas in politics.....it is not their way and can never be their way....they are republican and competitive....this is [size=14pt]why the British trusted them the least[/size]...

LMAO at the bolded part.. This fool must have failed history terribly in school..

Erm, I forgot he graduated from militancy and drunken fishermen school in torube state, Ijaw republic..

Read your history books, and correct your silly mistake, dickhead.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by bittyend(m): 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
This what you get by chest-beating all the time.. Truth be told, Northerners don't rate Igbos, period...

You guys wonder why Buhari never campaigned in the east during the last election?? He knows you guys are negligible, irrelevant, and willing tools that can be phucked in the arse; batty up and face down..

Ndigbos have been in political disarray since ZIK left this planet (and Zik got his game from Herbert Macaulay). You guys need to go back to the drawing board and learn the basics of politics again.. Till you accept to be junior partners to the SW in Nigerian politics, and form a formidable southern alliance, you will continue to be lackeys for the Northerners.. #JustSaying.

1 Like

Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by phreakabit(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
What you feed will grow, and what you neglect/disregard will die naturally. Alhaji Sani Shinkafi is a troll and should be disregarded. Remember what they. . . .DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by PeterKbaba: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
alj harem:

Rhino.5 why you reply am

thank you my yoruba brothers, we can all see that when the igbo's starts their regional talk, you dont see yorubas criticizing them... So why are this people forcing yoruba into trend. You wont see beaf here talking and pasting propagated lies, but you will see him all over Nigerian sites, looking for any yoruba trend to criticize.

Pls talk about your problems igbos ok and count the yorubas out aba..
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by PeterKbaba: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
thank you my yoruba brothers, we can all see that when the igbo's starts their regional talk, you dont see yorubas criticizing them... So why are this people forcing yoruba into trend. You wont see beaf here talking and pasting propagated lies, but you will see him all over Nigerian sites, looking for any yoruba trend to criticize.

Pls talk about your problems igbos ok and count the yorubas out aba..
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by Dede1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
bittyend: This what you get by chest-beating all the time.. Truth be told, Northerners don't rate Igbos, period...

You guys wonder why Buhari never campaigned in the east during the last election?? He knows you guys are negligible, irrelevant, and willing tools that can be phucked in the arse; batty up and face down..

Ndigbos have been in political disarray since ZIK left this planet (and Zik got his game from Herbert Macaulay). You guys need to go back to the drawing board and learn the basics of politics again.. Till you accept to be junior partners to the SW in Nigerian politics, and form a formidable southern alliance, you will continue to be lackeys for the Northerners.. #JustSaying.

You surely appeared as product of the miscue found in UPE in western region via Awo. If what you implied in the above is the essence of sitting in history class, I suggested your parents should sue for a refund.
Re: We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi by phreakabit(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
bittyend: This what you get by chest-beating all the time.. Truth be told, Northerners don't rate Igbos, period...

Truth be told. . . Igbos consider apes a tad more reasonable and intellectually advanced than Northerners. I kind of subscribe to that belief. Note, I am not being a bigot. . . . They say the truth will set you free. I am only agreeing with what is true. BTW, Guess who are the loyal subordinates to the Northerners?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria / 'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa / Atiku, Lawan, Dogara, Saraki, Sani Bello Mourn Isa Funtua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.