Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Beyond DANA's Plane Crash, The Way Forward: GEJ A Must Read! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond DANA's Plane Crash, The Way Forward: GEJ A Must Read! (806 Views)

David Mark Allegedly Gave GEJ A $200k Solid Gold Customized Watch (see Photo) / Dana Plane Crash - A Year Later / I Warned Nigeria Of Dana Plane Crash Through Tribune Newspaper! - TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyond DANA's Plane Crash, The Way Forward: GEJ A Must Read! by SayITnw: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
The issue here transcends DANA Air. Candidly except for a recent flight from Abuja where the craft exhibited some noisy wonders before stabilizing mid air, I would have rated DANA to be great by superficial analysis of a non-expert. However, my perception about the airline is changing in the light of yesterdays unfortunate crash which is rumored to b due to DANA's Management compromise of quality and express nonchalance.

My fear is that, is this solely a DANA problem? Do we know what happening in Air Nigeria, First Nation, Arik, etc.? Can business owners just make decisions independently about their crafts without scrutiny by independent or government inspectors? What is the present practice? Has Risk Management Approach been adopted? If corruption which is presently the order of the day in Nigeria, have finally pitched a permanent structure in the Aviation Sector where safety is paramount, they it really SAD to announce that their are quite a lot of accidents/ air mishaps in wait!

Where do we go from here: 1. Government re dedication to the safety and well-being of the people of Nigeria through implementation of international best practices in all sector using the assistance of international technocrats/organizations. 2. Complete U-turn from Politicking on national issues. Politics should be relegated to party affairs, while we sincerely pursue national interests. 3. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands, corruption in governance must be eradicated; then it would be realistic to implement it outside government. 4. Government should fight corruption, empower the Judiciary and enforce the rule of law holistically. No man can be above the Nigerian Law - The Conscience of the Nigerian People. Punish offenders, even back in time. Make corruption unattractive. 5. Restore our institutions: Police, Customs, NAFDAC, NDLEAs, etc 6. Run the MDA on due diligence and customer satisfaction focus. 7. Passionately pursue infrastructural development while recurrent expenditures are radically reduced (reduce cost of running government in Nigeria, 1 National Assembly filled with working class technocrats & Diplomats)..............friends u can add more on to the proffered way forward.

To President Jonathan: Destiny have brought you at a strategic time...mistakes have been made already, no doubt somethings have been done so right too. It is not too late for your excellency to take a U-Turn, put your feet down, ride on the skills of available great minded Nigerians and many others available in the global community. I am convinced you can do it, if you really what to. You will step on toes though but these are not relevant compared to meeting the yearning of the common Man. You destiny is to begin the rebuilding of the Nigerian Project, and then pass the baton on through a well conducted national election. Please break loose from any attachment that would want to hold u back. Win back the trust of the Nigeria Populace and you will be untouchable. I again pray for you today and wish father land the very best.

NIGERIA WILL SHINE AGAIN..................

(1) (Reply)

Who Actually Killed Senator Dantong? / Light Rail Update: FG Hands Over NRC Rail Corridor To LASG / Nigeria Police Is Number One Bribe-takers – CLEEN Foundation Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.