Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard (19744 Views)

FRSC Rescues Man Whose Car Was On Fire In Lagos This Morning / Army Rescues 95 People, Nabbed Two Boko Haram Leaders (pics) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Gov. Babatunde Fashola has rescued and taken custody of three kids whose parents have been missing since the DANA Air aircraft crashed into their Iju-Ishaga neighbourhood at Iju, Agege, a Lagos suburb, on Sunday.

The homeless children; Joel Okechukwu (11), Chisom Okechukwu (9) and Esther Okechukwu, whose age could not be immediately ascertained, were wandering around when they were spotted and rescued by the governor during his visit to the site on Monday.

The children, who are now at the Goverment House, Ikeja, were sent on errands by their parents, Mr Jeremiah Okechukwu and Mrs Josephine Okechukwu, when the aircraft hit their home and reduced it to a rubble.

The emergency response officials still working on the crash site had yet to ascertain whether the couple were dead or still trapped in the debris.

Briefing newmen on the rescue of the kids, Mr Aderemi Ibirogba, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, said they would remain with the governor until some of their relatives were identified.

“As things are now, the kids will remain with the governor here at Alausa. It`s so unfortunate that we cannot find the parents, but Joel, the eldest of the kids, has mentioned to us a particular uncle of theirs.

“He said the uncle`s name is Anthony Okechukwu and that he lives in Abuja. We are trying to establish links with him and inform him of the situation of the kids. We want the public to help us in this search.

“Of course, the governor is very willing to assist the kids, but the government thinks we should still know their relations.

“The kids are safe and they are being taken care of at Government House.”

Ibirogba said the children had passed Sunday night in the home of an unnamed Samaritan in the neighbourhood before they were seen and picked up by the governor during his visit to the area on Monday.

The governor had, during the visit, described the plane crash as shocking and emotionally devastating, expressing his condolences to the families of the 153 victims.

Fashola later visited some of the victims of the crash at the Emergency Unit of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), in Ikeja.

The entire Popoola and Akande Toyin streets were cordoned off by heavily armed security personnel, even as rescue efforts continued.

A number of houses were reduced to rubble, even as thick smoke still covered a two-storey building which was seriously damaged by the crash.

Emergency response workers were also seen removing some bodies from the debris, as well as wrecked parts of the ill-fated aircraft. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/fashola-rescues-three-kids-from-crash-site/
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2012
Nice one Fashola. The God is truly with the fatherless.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by naptu2: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
They read out a phone number on the radio, but I couldn't write it down. They said relatives of the children, or anyone who knows their relatives should call that number.

I'll listen to the next news broadcast, see if I can get the number.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mehn, only God protects!
I am sure those kids were expecting to see their parents later that day. God please heal them! sad
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
naptu2: They read out a phone number on the radio, but I couldn't write it down. They said relatives of the children, or anyone who knows their relatives should call that number.

I'll listen to the next news broadcast, see if I can get the number.

Please do. Thanks in advance! sad
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
What a crock of bull!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by philip0906(m): 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
Oh dear look @ d screaming headline. . .I actually thought he rescued them 4rm d plane crash only 2 c it is somfin else. #operationfashola4showoff#

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by titilaelae(f): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
philip0906: Oh dear look @ d screaming headline. . .I actually thought he rescued them 4rm d plane crash only 2 c it is somfin else. #operationfashola4showoff#

But it wasn't Fashola who wrote/reported/print the news item or made it a headline. Be soft on the guy a little nah!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by philip0906(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
^^
He musn't be d one 2 write it.I was just saying what i felt.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by doctokwus: 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
Cheap publicity by sycophants.Fashola visited d site today,crash happened y/day;does it mean d kids av bn wandering since y/day?Of course not,somebody or some people must av taken care of dem.Sycophancy or damn poor journalism

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by presido1: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Why highlighting the names of the children?
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
presido1: Why highlighting the names of the children?
exactly.the poster is a confirmed sychophant.why highlight their names?why?
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2012

To show that they were all from the same family!
This was my comment after posting the article

jason123: Nice one Fashola. The God is truly with the fatherless.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
chima12: exactly.the poster is a confirmed sychophant.why highlight their names?why?

Shut up!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by dasparrow: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Post

This is very kind hearted from Governor Fashola. God Bless him.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by FSU: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
Clap for THIEF Fasola
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jmaine: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
Good show of goodwill by Sir Fashola cool. . . .But the headline na die ooo ! cheesy
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
jmaine: Good show of goodwill by Sir Fashola cool. . . .But the headline na die ooo ! cheesy

I totally agree. It was sensational. Bro, I hope you are safe though, from these happenings in Lagos? God is your strength!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jmaine: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
jason123:

I totally agree. It was sensational. Bro, I hope you are safe though, from these happenings in Lagos? God is your strength!

Oga mi, your man dey alright oo! grin . . . . have always harbored exact thought of the Iju plane crash happening . . . and people said my thought process was always too wild . .well, it sadly happened . . .Sad episode i tell ya cry
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
After reading the first heart-warming post, I paused to emotionally & mentally prepare myself before reading other posts... knowing that some troll is bound to come on here and say something along the lines of
Kobojunkie: What a crock of bull!!! ROFLMAO!!

Well done. Thanks for not dissapointing cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by toluxa1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ah! Thank God o, finally! I got this bbm broadcast a while ago.

Joel(11),Chizom(9) and Esther Okwuchukwu(7yrs) are victims of the aftermath of yesterday's DANA Air plane crash.They are unable to locate their parents since the plane crashed into their home.However,The children have identified that they have an uncle,one Mr Tony Okwuchukwu in Abuja.We request that Mr Tony calls 08023414111.Pls broadcast this till it gets to Mr Tony as the children are stranded and crying.... Your help will go along way!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2012

So that. . . . . . . . . . . grin I'm sure you know what I was going to say. cheesy
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
while others are collecting life pension, others are helping poor victims.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Ejine(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
alj harem: while others are collecting life pension, others are helping poor victims.

Fashola will collect his own pensions too.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by freshmoney(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
ACN is showing an exemplary, undying love for the mass. Fashola is a perfect example. Only ignorant human will vote for GEJ. May God be with the parent-less children. So sorrowful sad
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jmaine: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2012
freshmoney: ACN is showing an exemplary, undying love for the mass. Fashola is a perfect example. Only ignorant human will vote for GEJ. May God be with the parent-less children. So sorrowful sad

Improve your advert and campaign skills . .it's too naive cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by acidtalk: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
philip0906: Oh dear look @ d screaming headline. . .I actually thought he rescued them 4rm d plane crash only 2 c it is somfin else. #operationfashola4showoff#

Exactly my thougts.
This people need to restrategize the handling of this forum. They are fast loosing it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by MeGaStReEt: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
HA ;DHA ;DHA HA grin HA ;DHA HA grin HA HA grin HA HA grin

Fashola rescues 152 Dana plane crash passengers . . . YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Odinaka00(m): 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
Omo dz headline na die o, put A̶̲̥̅♏ for sun news paper 2mrw morning, dem go sell market die...."Fashola rescues 3 kids" hw did he do it? Acn I hail thee, una dey play politics for dz kain matter

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
jmaine:

Oga mi, your man dey alright oo! grin . . . . have always harbored exact thought of the Iju plane crash happening . . . and people said my thought process was always too wild . .well, it sadly happened . . .Sad episode i tell ya cry

Boss, I am glad you are safe!

Odinaka00: Omo dz headline na die o, put A̶̲̥̅♏ for sun news paper 2mrw morning, dem go sell market die...."Fashola rescues 3 kids" hw did he do it? Acn I hail thee, una dey play politics for dz kain matter

How can a political party force an independent newspaper to place a certain headline?? I dey wait!

acidtalk:

Exactly my thougts.
This people need to restrategize the handling of this forum. They are fast loosing it.

Bros, its from Vanguard newspaper not NL! Stop blaming NL, abegi!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs / Governor Chime In London Hospital With Heart Disease - SaharaReporters / Why Northern youths won’t support Buhari in 2019 – Shettima, AYCF president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.