Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard (19743 Views)

FRSC Rescues Man Whose Car Was On Fire In Lagos This Morning / Army Rescues 95 People, Nabbed Two Boko Haram Leaders (pics) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2012
Y'all should be able to predict naija papers by now. When I saw the headline, I suspected it will be in the line of the story. Anyway,thumps up to the governor.
BTW, the uncle if in abuja should have heard this message by now na as it's being circulated via different media. I guess he must have been trying to reach their parents who no one seems to know their whereabout.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by ziediolike(m): 12:20am On Jun 05, 2012
Who rescued 3 kids fashola, is fashola is he a fire fighter? Dat guy must b awarded by lagos state govmnt
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by PeterKbaba: 12:42am On Jun 05, 2012
chima12: exactly.the poster is a confirmed sychophant.why highlight their names?why?

Names were enlightened in-order for the relatives to get the exact kids involved... if name were not indicated, how else do their uncle in Abuja wants to know.. if fashola no carry the children, una go still complain.. some igbos are simply a disease to the human race

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Beaf: 12:46am On Jun 05, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Names were enlightened in-order for the relatives to get the exact kids involved... if name were not indicated, how else do their uncle in Abuja wants to know.. if fashola no carry the children, una go still complain.. some igbos are simply a disease to the human race

You have revealed what you are.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 05, 2012
jason123:

Shut up!
close your rotten mouth their,who doesnt know that you highlighted the names because of their tribe?idiootic ape.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 05, 2012
PeterKbaba:

it is good when a yoruba man writes things like this online,it says a lot about the yoruba tribe.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Jun 05, 2012
MeGaStReEt: HA ;DHA ;DHA HA grin HA ;DHA HA grin HA HA grin HA HA grin

Fashola rescues 152 Dana plane crash passengers . . . YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Jun 05, 2012
careytommy: Y'all should be able to predict naija papers by now. When I saw the headline, I suspected it will be in the line of the story. Anyway,thumps up to the governor.
BTW, the uncle if in abuja should have heard this message by now na as it's being circulated via different media. I guess he must have been trying to reach their parents who no one seems to know their whereabout.

I mean sometimes you hope that the story actually presents you with something to make you proud . . . I opened the thread wondering how Fashola bent down in the rubble to rescue the kids. Whoever put this together should be ashamed.

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by jason123: 2:52am On Jun 05, 2012
chima12: close your rotten mouth their,who doesnt know that you highlighted the names because of their tribe?idiootic ape.

Your post is so stupi.d but I'll follow up on it.

Okay Mr. Chima, what would be the point/essence/reason for doing that? What do you think want to achieve Think for once before you use your paranoid mentality to ruin the thread.

Until you give me a possible reason(s) why anyone would highlight their names because of their ethnicity, you will remain regarded as a silly person.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Joseph28: 3:11am On Jun 05, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Thanks for sharing.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by LogicMind: 3:49am On Jun 05, 2012
thank god for taking care of these children in a foreign land after killing their parents.
thank god i was not on THAT plane
thank god that plane did not fall on MY house
thank god none of my relations are counted amongst his chosen 153.
please join me in thanking the almighty god for his marvellous deeds and for keeping you away from his disaster.
shame on Satan. those souls belong to god.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by malc619(m): 4:34am On Jun 05, 2012
Logic Mind: thank god for taking care of these children in a foreign land after killing their parents.
thank god i was not on THAT plane
thank god that plane did not fall on MY house
thank god none of my relations are counted amongst his chosen 153.
please join me in thanking the almighty god for his marvellous deeds and for keeping you away from his disaster.
shame on Satan. those souls belong to god.

The 1st sentence or ur post sounds STUPID...... don't take it personal
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by GboyegaD(m): 4:54am On Jun 05, 2012
Journalism in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Reporters often use misleading headings thinking they are captivating enough to the readers and they hardly write intelligently.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by juman(m): 5:05am On Jun 05, 2012
philip0906: Oh dear look @ d screaming headline. . .I actually thought he rescued them 4rm d plane crash only 2 c it is somfin else. #operationfashola4showoff#
''

Yeah, the screaming headline.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 05, 2012
Fashola shldnt be blamed nor Acn 4 dat title. If the names of d children are with held,how will their Uncle know. I only pray their uncle doesnt run 4rm his obvious responsibilities. Howeva i must say dis country suck with all dis racial/ethnic/religious attack on nairaland everyday. I just wish d natn split so d yoruba/igbo and hausa go seperate ways. We dnt have 1 voice
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by gbadexy(m): 6:27am On Jun 05, 2012
Chill out guys,he didn't highlight the names because they are ibos,he probably did so because those who the story are based on.
Different tribes can't just help reading meaning and being suspicious in Nigeria.
God save the country.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by gbadexy(m): 6:34am On Jun 05, 2012
chima12: close your rotten mouth their,who doesnt know that you highlighted the names because of their tribe?idiootic ape.
So? Kini big deal? If the names were highlighted how is that an insult to the ibos? Did the kids commit any crime or did they force the circumstance on themselves?
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by lightheart(m): 6:41am On Jun 05, 2012
PeterKbaba:

ONE TRIBE'S IDIOT REPRESENTAA!

it is good when a yoruba man writes things like this online,
it says a lot about the yoruba tribe.

NO DULLIN. ANOTHER TRIBE THROwS ITS OWN OUT!

NEXT TRIBE? VOLUNTEERS?
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by greall1: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2012
U are not serious
uote author=FSU]Clap for THIEF Fasola[/quote]
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by wales(m): 6:44am On Jun 05, 2012
Several hours after the Dana plane crashed in Iju, Lagos, killing about 185 people, three children aged 11, nine and seven, are still searching for their parents yesterday, wailing. The Dana aircraft crashed into their two-storey building after developing fault midair in the Lagos suburb. Four houses were destroyed when the plane landed on them.

Amid sobs, Joel, 11, Esther, nine, and seven-year-old Chisom Okwuchukwu, were at the crash site yesterday frantically searching for their parents with nobody taking care of them until Governor Babatunde Fashola intervened.

Joel told our correspondent that their parents sent them on errand, only for them to come back and met their home being razed by the ill fated Dana aircraft, which crashed into it. They have not located their parents since then.

Joel said they slept in the house of a Good Samaritan on the night of the incident, wailing that they had not seen their parents since the incident happened. According to him, their father had asked him and Chisom to look for Esther, who was sent to fetch an electrician from the neighbourhood but had not returned.

Joel said since Esther was not forthcoming, their father asked them to look for her, pointing out that it was while they were coming with Esther that the incident occurred. Confused, the children said they could only remember the name of one of their uncles in Abuja, who is called Tony Okechukwu.

Meanwhile, Governor Fashola immediately took custody of the children by taking them to the Lagos State House, Ikeja, pending when a relative of theirs would be found. Fashola said government would take care of the children, saying they were fully protected . A Help Line – 08023414111 – was also opened at the Lagos State Television (LTV), on Lateef Jakande Road, Ikeja, to enable anybody, who knows the children, including their uncle, Tony Okwuchukwu, to contact the state government with sufficient proof for a possible reunion with their parents and relations.

The governor, who spoke with journalists after inspection of the crash site said: “My sympathy and condolences go to all of the victims and their families. It is really hard, finding words to express our pain and grief here but our condolences go out to the families of the bereaved and friends and relations, ordinary people, trying to earn a living end up so tragically and the families of young Nigerians whose lives had been cut short.”

“It is a very traumatic and painful experience but we condole with the management and staff of Dana Air and we want to commend the first responder, the fire service, LASEMA, NEMA and Red Cross for the support received.”

The governor, who appealed to the media and other people thronging the crash site to allow rescue operations take place, noted that it was not a tourist site. “It is an investigation site and we should keep our distance and allow the first responder to do their work. The difference between whether anybody would have survived or not is a question of how quickly they can get to that person and we should not be in the way of the first responder when they come to this kind of site,” he added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/we%E2%80%99re-looking-our-dad-and-mom

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 05, 2012
whether fashola have become a voltron or not, the good thing now is that the kids are now in his custody until their uncle shows up.btw i dont think i see anything wrong highlighting their names.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by crackhouse(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2012
philip0906: Oh dear look @ d screaming headline. . .I actually thought he rescued them 4rm d plane crash only 2 c it is somfin else. #operationfashola4showoff#
u must be a PDP member. Don't politicise this pls.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by werepeLeri: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2012
From the headline, I thought Fashola got to the site, heard their cries inside the rubble, pulled off his clothe to his underwear, wears a glove and jumps inside the building - searches under the rubble like James Bond, and bingo, carries the kids out of the rubble one by one, and the people hailed Fash babaaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by Joseph28: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]I like this. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by naptu2: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2012
The newspaper business is a business and they'd do just about anything to make a sale.

Justin Enaghena was reviewing the sports papers. He read a screaming headline, paused and shook his head. He remembered when he worked @ a newspaper (before switching to broadcasting). They'd prepare the paper and show it to the guys at the sales department. The sales guy would look at the headline and say, "Oga, this one no go work". They'd then change the headline to something catchy, sexy, or sensational.
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by maigaskiya1: 8:27am On Jun 05, 2012
doctokwus: Cheap publicity by sycophants.Fashola visited d site today,crash happened y/day;does it mean d kids av bn wandering since y/day?Of course not,somebody or some people must av taken care of dem.Sycophancy or damn poor journalism
u se wat we mean just as haters use nairaland 2 spread hat 4 gudluk dy also use it 2 praise anudr.fashola.wel,if its true fashola hs done wel, but 4 all ebele haters d gud lord is watchng
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by McCoy91(m): 8:37am On Jun 05, 2012
Kobojunkie: What a crock of bull!!! ROFLMAO!!
Seriously? Its so funny? Are you stupid?
@OP, topic is a bit OTT sha but that's a show of goodwill from the goffnor. Why are people slinging 'sycophant' about? If he's not to be praised for his vices shouldn't he get it when he does soomething good?
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by LogicMind: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2012
malc619:

The 1st sentence or ur post sounds STUPID...... don't take it personal

If you have problem with only the first sentence, then you are an insanely brainwashed good white invisible sky god black worshipper
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by chiama1: 8:52am On Jun 05, 2012
Shut-up people, why is it that the only thing you can see here are the highlighted names and not the pain these kids are going through,these poor kids lost their parents in a twinkle of an eye, believe it or not, nobody can replace them. you all stop these unnecessary grammar speaking and try to feel what these children are feeling now...their parents are gone...gone...isnt that painful enough. Lets spend our energy praying for them instead...please!
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by bid4rich(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2012
philip0906: ^^
He musn't be d one 2 write it.I was just saying what i felt.

ill, bad and unreasonable feeling from u folk. Go and change and upgrade your feeling processor to something better and acceptable
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by naptu2: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2012
We're looking for our dad and mum

wales: Several hours after the Dana plane crashed in Iju, Lagos, killing about 185 people, three children aged 11, nine and seven, are still searching for their parents yesterday, wailing. The Dana aircraft crashed into their two-storey building after developing fault midair in the Lagos suburb. Four houses were destroyed when the plane landed on them.

Amid sobs, Joel, 11, Esther, nine, and seven-year-old Chisom Okwuchukwu, were at the crash site yesterday frantically searching for their parents with nobody taking care of them until Governor Babatunde Fashola intervened.

Joel told our correspondent that their parents sent them on errand, only for them to come back and met their home being razed by the ill fated Dana aircraft, which crashed into it. They have not located their parents since then.

Joel said they slept in the house of a Good Samaritan on the night of the incident, wailing that they had not seen their parents since the incident happened. According to him, their father had asked him and Chisom to look for Esther, who was sent to fetch an electrician from the neighbourhood but had not returned.

Joel said since Esther was not forthcoming, their father asked them to look for her, pointing out that it was while they were coming with Esther that the incident occurred. Confused, the children said they could only remember the name of one of their uncles in Abuja, who is called Tony Okechukwu.

Meanwhile, Governor Fashola immediately took custody of the children by taking them to the Lagos State House, Ikeja, pending when a relative of theirs would be found. Fashola said government would take care of the children, saying they were fully protected . A Help Line – 08023414111 – was also opened at the Lagos State Television (LTV), on Lateef Jakande Road, Ikeja, to enable anybody, who knows the children, including their uncle, Tony Okwuchukwu, to contact the state government with sufficient proof for a possible reunion with their parents and relations.

The governor, who spoke with journalists after inspection of the crash site said: “My sympathy and condolences go to all of the victims and their families. It is really hard, finding words to express our pain and grief here but our condolences go out to the families of the bereaved and friends and relations, ordinary people, trying to earn a living end up so tragically and the families of young Nigerians whose lives had been cut short.”

“It is a very traumatic and painful experience but we condole with the management and staff of Dana Air and we want to commend the first responder, the fire service, LASEMA, NEMA and Red Cross for the support received.”

The governor, who appealed to the media and other people thronging the crash site to allow rescue operations take place, noted that it was not a tourist site. “It is an investigation site and we should keep our distance and allow the first responder to do their work. The difference between whether anybody would have survived or not is a question of how quickly they can get to that person and we should not be in the way of the first responder when they come to this kind of site,” he added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/we%E2%80%99re-looking-our-dad-and-mom
Re: Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard by kpolli(m): 9:08am On Jun 05, 2012
see stupid lie. . . rescue my anuusss. . . another publicity stunt. . . did he go there to pull them out? stop making it seem as if he was one of the rescue workers. . . and those kids have been known to be homeless since the crash happened, don't paint it as if fashola was the one who discovered they were homeless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPC Launches Online Radio, Magazine / Okonjo-Iweala Receives Award From ONE And RED International Advocacy Groups / Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.