Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? (5292 Views)

Will Google Adsense Accept My Hausa Blog / Who Is Bigger: Google Or Yahoo? / How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Since Facebook went public in May, its share is plunging, now below $27. In my opinion, I think either Google or Apple will acquire Facebook when its share drop below $18. What is your say about the future of Facebook, not far from now, maybe in this year.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Look at the drop

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by mrperfect(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2012
Well is possible but don't expect it soon.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
mrperfect: Well is possible but don't expect it soon.

It may be soon. Consider saving a sinking ship! Will they let it to sink first before saving it??
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by martinkem(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
I don't see Apple acquiring facebook, it doesn't make an sense for them. The peeps at Apple believe in people paying for whatever they use and facebook usage just screams FREE!!!. And the ad business doesn't suit apple's high margin products belief. But Google on the other hand would jump at the chance to buy Facebook since they are already in the business of offering products out for free and making a killing on ads.
Microsoft might also be in the running to purchase Facebook and they also own a lot of shares in facebook and there Bing search could also benefit from powering searches on facebook.

2 Likes

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
Yup, it's exactly like @Martin said. Apple doesn't do free, Google and Microsoft do. So if - and that's a big if - Facebook were to be bought, expect your new overlords to be either Google or Microsoft.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by damilola15: 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
auwal87:

It may be soon. Consider saving a sinking ship! Will they let it to sink first before saving it??

My guess is that this companies might not be willing to quick their necks out for Facebook but Zuckberg himself might approach them (or other companies) to save him.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by werepeLeri: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
no - they will acquire NairaLand instead.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by eDontey1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
I don't think zuckerberg would sit-back, relax and let is company be delivered into d hands of his competitors. I foresee him pulling some stunts pretty soon.

2 Likes

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by damilola15: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
auwal87:

My guess is that these companies might not be willing to quick their necks out for Facebook but Zuckerberg himself might approach them (or other companies) to save him.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by courage89(m): 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Thats not going to happen. If these companies have interest in facebook or it was possible for them to acquire it, they would have made the move a long time ago when it was cheaper and not when its so expensive now.

Lets say for argument sake that Apple is interested, how would they integrate facebook with their company? It doesn't fit into their business model. Making the move will be considered a suicide mission.

Google cannot touch Apple because Microsoft already own significant shares in facebook already. Microsoft and Google are competing in the same market, therefore microsoft will not allow it because it might give their competition higher competitive advantage.

This can never happen because the owner will not sell. You have to understand the fundamental principle of the Owner/CEO and the direction it wants to take the company.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Bawss1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
Only on Nairaland.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by purplekayc(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
whats the source of this information??
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by yusuf01(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
What facebook is experiencing now is largely due to the fact that the company is largely overvalued, coupled with the Nasdaq problems. This in ma opinion contributed to the fall in stock, but I bliv it'll steady eventually with time. I don't think Zukerberg will dare sell, he's too focused in developing it into one of the prominent companies in tech industry.

1 Like

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by livapul86(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
purplekayc: whats the source of this information??
Mama Ramota's Ewa Goin Shop.

1 Like

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by sergio(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
Facebook was grossly over-priced from d onset. Remember that its not just about getting share holder for ur ompany, u must also make enuf profit from wateva means so u can pay them dividends.

Now, as far as I know, facebook's only source of revenue is advertising, companies like GM and GE have already pulled their ads off facebook, which means that his liability has increased with dwindling income line.

Facebook share will drop further, maybe to a reasonable low of $9, that's wat makes sense for a social network
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by zangiff(m): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
see internet giants discuss business.facebook in trouble
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Michky: 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
sergio: Facebook was grossly over-priced from d onset. Remember that its not just about getting share holder for ur ompany, u must also make enuf profit from wateva means so u can pay them dividends.

Now, as far as I know, facebook's only source of revenue is advertising, companies like GM and GE have already pulled their ads off facebook, which means that his liability has increased with dwindling income line.

Facebook share will drop further, maybe to a reasonable low of $9, that's wat makes sense for a social network
Cool!
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
damilola15:

My guess is that these companies might not be willing to quick their necks out for Facebook but Zuckberg himself might approach them (or other companies) to save him.

He doesn't need to approach them, I remember when Microsoft expressed interest on Facebook some years back, Zuck willingly rejected, Microsoft's interest on Facebook was the reason why its value was hiked. If I could remember well, they offered $10billion at the time!
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by courage89(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
sergio: Facebook was grossly over-priced from d onset. Remember that its not just about getting share holder for ur ompany, u must also make enuf profit from wateva means so u can pay them dividends.

The Price will drop a little more but not below $9. Thats never going to happen. You have to understand whats driving the valuation and the company. Advertizing is just one source of their revenue generation, plus they make money from gamers and e-commerce.

I think a lot of people are discounting the role of cash at hand and what impact this will have on the perceived value of facebook. Also, the role of market capitalization its percived value. Based on market cap, you can acquire a company and pay for it in stock. Also, based on your market cap, you can borrow at a cheaper price. With financial and market credibility, facebook can acquire any company of their choice and prop up their share value again. Some of these perceived valuation will never allow the company's share price to drop below $9. I don't see the company dropping below $20.00 as well.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by damilola15: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
auwal87:

He doesn't need to approach them, I remember when Microsoft expressed interest on Facebook some years back, Zuck willingly rejected, Microsoft's interest on Facebook was the reason why its value was hiked. If I could remember well, they offered $10billion at the time!
You're right, I also remember that time. I guess he would just have to hang in there and hope for a miracle (if he believes in one).
I remember some analysists were pessimistic about the whole thing looking at the fact that most social networks don't do well on the shares market.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by texazzpete(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is a laughable topic posted by someone with little knowledge of the tech industry. To stage an acquisition of facebook will cost tens of billions of dollars...cash Apple, google and Microsoft will be loathe to spend.

if you want to see a company that is increasingly moving towards 'takeover territory', look no further than Research in Motion.

1 Like

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
texazzpete: This is a laughable topic posted by someone with little knowledge of the tech industry. To stage an acquisition of facebook will cost tens of billions of dollars...cash Apple, google and Microsoft will be loathe to spend.

if you want to see a company that is increasingly moving towards 'takeover territory', look no further than Research in Motion.

You really under estimate Google and Apple, don't you?
I would like it if you check on Google's current value, sometime last year, it was declared that Apple is richer than the US Government grin

So in my opinion, these are the only 2 corporations in the US that can out rightly acquire Facebook without getting any headache.

1 Like

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by moshoodn(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
MARK WOULD NOT SELL TO GOOGLE, WORST CASE SCENARIO. . .

I FORSEE MICROSOFT ACQUIRING FACEBOOK, IF AT ALL LIQUIDATION LOOMS.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by moshoodn(m): 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
auwal87:

You really under estimate Google and Apple, don't you?
I would like it if you check on Google's current value, sometime last year, it was declared that Apple is richer than the US Government grin

So in my opinion, these are the only 2 corporations in the US that can out rightly acquire Facebook without getting any headache.

APPLE WILL NOT BUY COS THEY DON'T DO FREE STUFFS. . .

MARK WILL NOT SELL TO GOOGLE COS COMPETITION IS SO HIGH. . .

THAT LEAVES US WITH MICROSOFT, THE ONLY ANSWER.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by moshoodn(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
WHER LIES ORACLE INTEREST ?? shocked
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by larion: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
m trying to understand wat going to d stock market is all abt, but d more I try d more confused I get, was Facebook getting too big dt she cldnt become private anymore n went public, where d pple in power greedy n wanted to blow it up beyond proportion quick, mayb d 40 dollar value wasn't real frm d onset, abi y d sudden dip in value, mayb mark's marriage is d reason for d failure @ d wall street, who knows

...any wc way if its really a sign of sinking ship den iThink apple wldnt b in contention as dey don't knw d business, google with its plus might nt want to go in2 d deal except one is gonna v to die for d other, I see Microsoft leading d race but ds might just b yahoo's chance to bounce back

On d broad look, I don't c mark n his crew selling, there will just b some sort of private bail out frm within, those rich pple knw how dey do their thing besides mark in my opinion is modest n humble so he wldnt mind falling to rise again.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by sgsltd1: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2012
i want to buy the face book how much, click my signature now to know more about the biggest offer ever in nija history
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by wandeay: 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
Zuck has good advisers, nd he is wise, look @ his past records hw he used wisdom, will he had allow Facebook 2 go public if he knew they wil later acquire it, no! He will soon rectify all problems involvd, lets jst wait and see.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by airbender(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
google has a socialmedia site called google plus and its already kickin facebook in the azz
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by moshoodn(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
airbender: google has a socialmedia site called google plus and its already kickin facebook in the azz

ITS NOT YET KICKING FACEBOOK IN THE AZZ BRO. . .

GOOGLE PLUS IS WAY BELOW FACEBOOK AT LEAST FOR NOW !!!
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Ajibel(m): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
MARK ZUCKERBERG would willingly wish to sell FACEBOOK?
It must be a joke. This guy has always preached an 'open and connected' world with his brand. I dont see the guy selling his baby, maybe he later would but if i were him, i would never sell my pet baby (Facebbok) even for a Thrillion dollars shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blog And Forum Design Promo (75% Discount) / Doing E-Commerce from Nigeria (the 419 Stigma) / 3 Core factors That Affects Your Website's Loading Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.