Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? (5299 Views)

Will Google Adsense Accept My Hausa Blog / Who Is Bigger: Google Or Yahoo? / How To Delete A Cached Page On Google Or Have It Crawled An Updated Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by airbender(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
moshoodn:

ITS NOT YET KICKING FACEBOOK IN THE AZZ BRO. . .

GOOGLE PLUS IS WAY BELOW FACEBOOK AT LEAST FOR NOW !!!
well if use g+ u will notice is beta than fb
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by anigold(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
ZUCKWILL BE MAD TO SELL FACEBOOK AT 20 BILLIONS DOLLARS IF THEIR STOCK FALLS BELOW 20 DOLLARS. AND THAT WILL BE THE END OF FREE THINGS ON THE NET.

COS GOOGLE SELLS EVERYTHING .
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
You really can't say but zukerburg aint sleeping.. I don't think apple can acquire it cos fb is free apple isn't into any free package and i don't see google acquiring it too cos they have google + and they just acquired meebo. I also don't see facebook selling it cos of high competition and besides facebook and apple just signed a deal to work out something cool together, however facebook recently acquired instagram to pull my stunts on facebook. We nigerians don't maximise the use of facebook cos of our data usage but its got loads in it. Watch out for facebook phone!!!
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
Lest i forget, facebook has a major competitior which is airtime.. Lets wait and see
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by hubreality(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
yusuf01: What facebook is experiencing now is largely due to the fact that the company is largely overvalued, coupled with the Nasdaq problems. This in ma opinion contributed to the fall in stock, but I bliv it'll steady eventually with time. I don't think Zukerberg will dare sell, he's too focused in developing it into one of the prominent companies in tech industry.

Exactly. Facebook got a lifestream of social network innovations to expand even much greater with her inbuilt Microsoft Bing search query and results relatively pulled thru Bing without needing Google or Apple to take over. Three of them are relatively different, doing their best, and would be all best standing respectively. It's a healthy competion though.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Well guyz, Mr. Zuck is not the only decision maker in Facebook now, in fact as it is now, Zuck can be fired, Yes grin
So if the Investors feel their investment is at stake then apparently they will have to secure their investment by moving it to a secure place.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by gogomotet: 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
texazzpete: This is a laughable topic posted by someone with little knowledge of the tech industry. To stage an acquisition of facebook will cost tens of billions of dollars...cash Apple, google and Microsoft will be loathe to spend.

if you want to see a company that is increasingly moving towards 'takeover territory', look no further than Research in Motion.
you re talking about idea in tech what about current trends. Research in motion is at it's low in market share at $9 they re no way able to acquire facebook or even its subsidiaries.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by gogomotet: 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
auwal87: Well guyz, Mr. Zuck is not the only decision maker in Facebook now, in fact as it is now, Zuck can be fired, Yes grin
So if the Investors feel their investment is at stake then apparently they will have to secure their investment by moving it to a secure place.
zuckerberg owns a 57% voting rights and a 22% in stock of facebook which makes him a lead decision maker in d coy and the investors can't afford to loose their stake in facebook for any reason because of their belief in Zuckerberg.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by texazzpete(m): 6:57am On Jun 07, 2012
auwal87:

You really under estimate Google and Apple, don't you?
I would like it if you check on Google's current value, sometime last year, it was declared that Apple is richer than the US Government grin

So in my opinion, these are the only 2 corporations in the US that can out rightly acquire Facebook without getting any headache.

Apple is NOT richer than the US government. They have more cash on hand, that's all.

Google's current value isn't anywhere near Microsoft and Apple. And this isn't 'Dungeons and Dragons' or 'bakugan' where more cash means you can easily acquire. Microsoft failed to take over Yahoo some years back even though MS was worth much more than Yahoo. The acquisition cost to swallow a big fish like Facebook cannot be stomached by Google and definitely will be a tough buy for Apple.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by texazzpete(m): 6:58am On Jun 07, 2012
gogomotet: you re talking about idea in tech what about current trends. Research in motion is at it's low in market share at $9 they re no way able to acquire facebook or even its subsidiaries.

I suggest you re-read my post again. If you still feel your post is apt after that, sue your English teacher.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
texazzpete:

Apple is NOT richer than the US government. They have more cash on hand, that's all.

Google's current value isn't anywhere near Microsoft and Apple. And this isn't 'Dungeons and Dragons' or 'bakugan' where more cash means you can easily acquire. Microsoft failed to take over Yahoo some years back even though MS was worth much more than Yahoo. The acquisition cost to swallow a big fish like Facebook cannot be stomached by Google and definitely will be a tough buy for Apple.

Talking about equity, Google is richer, though Apple is richer than Google. Well, Facebook is no longer, and I repeat, is no longer a big fish.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by Afam4eva(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
eDon_tey: I don't think zuckerberg would sit-back, relax and let is company be delivered into d hands of his competitors. I foresee him pulling some stunts pretty soon.
Then he will have to sit down and watch his business fold up.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Then he will have to sit down and watch his business fold up.

Facebook is now the Best Short Seller in U.S History!
Destined to crash even further? undecided
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
The IPO has appreciated by up to 30% in June which closed at $31 which is good news for buyers but very unfavorable for the sell offers that was highly placed.
Re: Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? by auwal87(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
Today Facebook's shares plunges below $20, lowest since IPO.

New story will unfold when it goes below $18.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doing E-Commerce from Nigeria (the 419 Stigma) / Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best / 3 Core factors That Affects Your Website's Loading Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.