Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. (9841 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs / FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by free2ryhme: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
The federal Govt has suspended Dana airline operating license

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by nateevs(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
free2ryhme: The federal Govt has suspended the Dana airlines operating license

Any reasons given?
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by lexkuba: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
That's the best they can do. Afterwards, it will be the turn of another one.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Gbawe: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:

Any reasons given?

"To allow for a free and unfettered investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fatal crash of flight #992 in Iju area of Lagos".

This is the right thing to do in my opinion.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-government-suspends-operating-licence-dana-air

Nigerian Government Suspends Operating Licence Of Dana Air
Posted: June 5, 2012 - 16:25
Smoldering remains of MD 83 after it crashed on approach to the airport in Lagos on Sunday.
By SaharaReporters, New York

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority has confirmed the suspension of the operating license of Dana Airline, the operator of the MD 83 jetliner that crashed in Lagos on Sunday killing all 153 passengers on board.

The government said it took the decision to allow for a free and unfettered investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fatal crash of flight #992 in Iju area of Lagos.

The suspension of Dana Air's operating licence came few hours after a Nigeria senator moved a motion requesting the authorities to ground Dana's air fleet today in Abuja.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by auwal87(m): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good.
Arrest and charge the CEO
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by tuneh(f): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
even if the FG didn't suspend their licence, the airline is doomed anyway. Who'd fly with them after this?
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Biggyd2: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yeah, yeah, any arrests yet? When will the heads of the people that caused this senseless deaths start to roll?
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Businesstools(m): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
We need more sanctions.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
tuneh: even if the FG didn't suspend their licence, the airline is doomed anyway. Who'd fly with them after this?

Don't be too sure, some Nigerians do not just care, they will tell you that death can happen anywhere.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by onatisi(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
so this is the action gej was talking about
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Funkymallam(m): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Good way to go. Others will surely learn from this.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Funkymallam(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
onatisi: so this is the action gej was talking about

And what do u expect him to do? Kill dem or chase dem with machete? Smh
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by aitanofi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
In my own candid opinion, dis is d best action taken by d FGN
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
I hope Dana Air sues. What do you mean shutting a business down simply because you want to conduct an investigation. shocked

People are, as always, too quick to jump to conclusions . . . we are not sure of what happened and it is nonsensical to suggest that this is the best the government can do at the moment. We have a ministry of Transportation, and a ministry of Aviation for pete's sake. What were they doing BEFORE this happened?

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by ukpaku: 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:

Any reasons given?
Were have u been that u are asking of the reason. Or u no here say there plain clash?

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
ukpaku: Were have u been that u are asking of the reason. Or u no here say there plain clash?
look at abuse of simple English. Bombastic construction of sentence by a NLder.Hissing in dana language.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
THIS COUNTRY TIRE ME OO...ME SEF TIRE,,,HAVE YOU ENTERED ASSOCIATED AVIATION AIRLINE, IF YOU ARE ON THAT PLANE, YOU WILL SEE THE CAPTAIN, AND NOT JUST THAT, YOU SEE HIM FANNING HIMSELF WITH A BOOK, EVERY WHERE DEY HOT FOR THERE..I DON TIRE FOR THE COUNTRY.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Vykiano(m): 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]After d supension....@wat next? No b 9ja we de...em go soon fly
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by ismhab(m): 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
WHAT A GREAT LOST OF TAX INCOME TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
Keneking: look at abuse of simple English. Bombastic construction of sentence by a NLder.Hissing in dana language.

Why is it that loosers like you always resort to looking at one's grammar rather than to take correction?
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by tunapawizzy: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
Gbawe:

"To allow for a free and unfettered investigation into the circumstances surrounding the fatal crash of flight #992 in Iju area of Lagos".

This is the right thing to do in my opinion.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-government-suspends-operating-licence-dana-air

Well a good step at least. Maybe diezani should also step aside for free and unfettered investigation surrounding the oil n gas sector probes too. Bloody hypocritical government. Anyways good one on this

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by ukpaku: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Keneking: look at abuse of simple English. Bombastic construction of sentence by a NLder.Hissing in dana language.
tank god u know y fg withdraw there licence nw.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by assetstrap(m): 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Kobojunkie: I hope Dana Air sues. What do you mean shutting a business down simply because you want to conduct an investigation. shocked

People are, as always, too quick to jump to conclusions . . . we are not sure of what happened and it is nonsensical to suggest that this is the best the government can do at the moment. We have a ministry of Transportation, and a ministry of Aviation for pete's sake. What were they doing BEFORE this happened?

You know as well as I do they r not operating in a properly regulated environment and so most of these airlines take d mickey. The govt have taken d right decision at this time.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by tunapawizzy: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: WHAT A GREAT LOST OF TAX INCOME TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
Gracious God. Is dat the only way u can view this matter. Should govt guard tax income at the expense of people's lives? Haba. I smh in disbelief. Chei Naija is in deep shit with peeps like u around
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by ismhab(m): 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
HOW ABOUT THE 1000 PEOPLE THAT USE TO DIE DAILY ON OUR ROADS, DUE TO LACK OF GOOD ROADS AND OVER SPEEDING BY THE DRIVERS, WHEN WILL THEIR LICENSE BE SUSPENDED.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
assetstrap:

You know as well as I do they r not operating in a properly regulated environment and so most of these airlines take d mickey. The govt have taken d right decision at this time.

Show me proof of the claim you made above please! Government has to FIRST make sure that it is not WRONG in its assumption BEFORE it can go this far.

Planes crash around the world too. Nigeria no be the first. If Governments rushed to suspend licenses like this, how many airlines do you think will be in business?
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by phlox4(m): 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
The action would automatically increase the number of unemployed people in the country .
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by EPOMA(m): 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
Kobojunkie: I hope Dana Air sues. What do you mean shutting a business down simply because you want to conduct an investigation. shocked

My guy no worry, tomorrow they will start flying out looking for foreign investment.Lets say Dana took loans to buy planes and invest in Nigeria, how will they service their debt.Yet licenses of oil companies that pollutes our land and kill more people than this are never suspended. A lot of Nigerians are so shallow minded just like their government, tomorrow another one will crash and they will be suspended. they should suspend the safety control team not the airline as we do know yet the cause of the crash as everyone is assuming and just yarning.
If this was to be Arik air owned by OBJ and Odili(yes I said it our electricity money), would they be able to suspend their license, common slot in heathrow that was taken from arik , the government fought to bring it back.

Time will will tell but the only thing is that we forget so soon
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: HOW ABOUT THE 1000 PEOPLE THAT USE TO DIE DAILY ON OUR ROADS, DUE TO LACK OF BAD ROADS AND OVER SPEEDING BY THE DRIVERS, WHEN WILL THEIR LICENSE BE SUSPENDED.

good question! Yes, @assetstrap, you and I know that your government has been incompetent and thousands die on a regular basis on Nigerian roads, why aren't you calling for a suspension on that? grin
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Castos(m): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
All Dana technical officials must be put on a plane with bomb onboard with them. They must die by crash.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Beaf: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
auwal87: Good.
Arrest and charge the CEO

Word. cool
Its just that in matters like this with an international audience, due process must be followed.
Re: FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
EPOMA:
My guy no worry, tomorrow they will start flying out looking for foreign investment.

No mind our yeye people in government. They chase the investors out by rash actions like this one, but then spend hundreds of hours flying back and forth to go find investors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Acquires Equipment To Check Over-Speeding / PDP Crisis: I Remain Authentic Chairman, Makarfi Is ‘counterfeit’ – Sheriff / APC Claims Enough Evidence For Anambra Poll's Cancellation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.