Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? (6943 Views)

Is Use Of Synthetic Weavons And Attachment Permissible In Islam? / Only One God In Islam.am Confused / Prophet Muhammad Foretold Of Indecent Dressing & Attachment Hair- Denizen Of Hel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by ameenahz(f): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Salaam alaykum, dear muslim brothers and sisters. I have a little problem. I am not so sure if I can put d use of wool in hair plaiting under the use of attachments. All opinions are welcome.
P.S: pls present ur opinion with evidences.
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am also in this fix. Plaiting my natural hair doesn't last and it is not convinient going to the salon every week.
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by tbaba1234: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2012
Walaykum Salam

I do not understand what you mean by wool but id talk about artificial hair.

Narrated Ibn Umar

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah has cursed such a lady as lengthens (her or someone else's) hair artificially or gets it lengthened, and also a lady who tattoos (herself or someone else) or gets herself tattooed. (Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 72 :: Hadith 820 )

Jabir b. Abdullah reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) reprimanded that a woman should add anything to her head (in the form of artificial hair).
(Muslim :: Book 24 : Hadith 5305 )

Sa'id b. Musayyib reported: Mu'awiya came to Medina and he addressed us and he took out a bunch of hair and said: What do I see that one of you does but that what the Jews did? (I can well recall) that when this act (adding of artificial hair) reached Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), he named it as cheating.
(Muslim :: Book 24 : Hadith 5308 )

Narrated Asma'

(the daughter of Abu Bakr) Allah's Apostle has cursed such a lady as artificially lengthening (her or someone else's) hair or gets her hair lengthened.(Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 72 :: Hadith 819)

Narrated 'Aisha:

An Ansari woman gave her daughter in marriage and the hair of the latter started falling out. The Ansari women came to the Prophet and mentioned that to him and said, "Her (my daughter's) husband suggested that I should let her wear false hair." The Prophet said, "No, (don't do that) for Allah sends His curses upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially." (Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 133 )

There is enough evidence showing that the use of artificial hair extensions is not permissible.
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by maclatunji: 5:52am On Jun 12, 2012
^

I know of what OP speaks of but I have refrained from posting because I am a little bit handicapped as to posting. I believe Sheikh Qaradawi separated wool from other sorts of attachments in his book- The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by maclatunji: 6:09am On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by ameenahz(f): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2012
Jazakumllahu khairaan, tbaba n maclatunji. I just needed to be sure that I am not committing due to ignorancewhich is not exactly an excuse.
Re: Confused: Do I Call Wool Attachment Too? by maclatunji: 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
ameenahz: Jazakumllahu khairaan, tbaba n maclatunji. I just needed to be sure that I am not committing due to ignorancewhich is not exactly an excuse.

Check your spam box. I was just saying thank you and it is all part of my job.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims In Al-jannah / Part Of Benefits Of Entertaining Your Visitor / Ruling On Celebrating The Birthday Of The Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.