Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Final Year Student Of NOUN Commits Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Year Student Of NOUN Commits Suicide (741 Views)

Breaking News: Buhari's Trekker Commits Suicide / The Final Year Uniben Student Who Knelt Down In Class(the Real Truth). / Do You Know Any Ex-Student Of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Final Year Student Of NOUN Commits Suicide by kylepinsky: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
Two days after Mr Ayodeji Balogun was caught cheating during a paper in his final examinations in the National Open University (NOUN) Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, the 27-year old final year student allegedly committed suicide.
Ayodeji, however, made his intention to take his own life known to his friends through a post on his Facebook wall.
He was allegedly caught cheating while writing the Business Management examination last Saturday.
The first son in a family of three then went ahead and hanged himself on a mango tree inside an uncompleted building beside his father’s compound.
Ayodeji, an ex-student of CMS Grammar School, Bariga, at about 6:13 p.m. on Monday posted his suicide note on his Facebook wall: “what they said about me is not true in school, but God knows better. Thanks we see at the end, I luv u all.”
At 8:04 p.m. that same day, he again updated the wall with “why me” before killing himself early Tuesday morning.
The sad incident which occurred at the victim’s family’s Oluwaga residence at the Ayobo-Ipaja Local Council Development Area of the state, has since thrown the entire community into confusion and mourning.
The deceased, We reliably gathered, tricked his mother into going for a vigil in their church and also ensured that his aged father was fast asleep before committing the dastardly act.
His father, Pa Balogun, while speaking on the sad development, said that since he noticed his son’s queer behaviour few days ago, he had made several efforts to ensure that the introvert disclosed what was bothering him to no avail.
“He told me he was not feeling fine and I tried my best possible afterwards to know what was troubling him but he won’t say a word.. I asked if he would like to see the doctor and he said no.

http://naijacurrentnews.com/final-year-student-of-noun-commits-suicide/
Re: Final Year Student Of NOUN Commits Suicide by OAM4J: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2012

(1)

Bomb Blast In Phansera Kano / Suicide Bomb Attack On Nigeria Checkpoint Kills Eight / New Lagos Traffic Laws-"how Possible"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.