Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company (18157 Views)

Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air Is Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by UKBobo(m): 1:20am On Jun 07, 2012
Indian money lust + Nigeria 'money anyhow' mentality = DANGER

Nobody is talking about Naija plane 'maintain (maintenance) death' engineering = no one is talking about the deaths in Accra = Is that Indians too? Or are those Fulanis masquerading as Indians?

Small leap for tribalists to blame another nation, they take no responsibility for their own defaults.

The business waters of Nigeria are filthy so any rogue fish can swim there! Clean it up, you will find only freshwater fish in your pond.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Brixtonyute(m): 1:23am On Jun 07, 2012
frosbel:

I do not follow many of her comments , but surely everyone is allowed to have a voice on this forum, despite the fact that we may have contrary points of view , right ?

That's the good thing about freedom of speech.. But in a situation where the 'thing' always tries to force her ignorant and re/tarded opinions on everyone, that's problematic. And she needs to be put in her place; where she actually belongs in the village, with firewood on her head..

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 07, 2012
UK Bobo:
Indian money lust + Nigeria 'money anyhow' mentality = DANGER

Nobody is talking about Naija plane 'maintain (maintenance) death' engineering = no one is talking about the deaths in Accra = Is that Indians too? Or are those Fulanis masquerading as Indians?

Small leap for tribalists to blame another nation, they take no responsibility for their own defaults.

The business waters of Nigeria are filthy so any rogue fish can swim there! Clean it up, you will find only freshwater fish in your pond.

+100000
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by MrGlobe(m): 1:38am On Jun 07, 2012
Werepeleri what are you doing watching the thread withou posting anything? Is it because you puppet master GEJ has not been mentioned yet or are monitoring till when he is mentioned? Do you even have an opinion of yourself? Get a life Werepeleri
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by nijanigga: 1:46am On Jun 07, 2012
Who do Nigerian officials like to lie? Dana airline is owned by indians,read the link below.
http://news.yahoo.com/airline-defends-itself-over-nigeria-plane-crash-saying-170028921.html
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by ayandee: 4:46am On Jun 07, 2012
Image laundering
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by abt(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2012
manchy7531: DANA IS OWNED BY DANGOTE.ALL YOU SAYING DANA AIR IS AN INDIA COMPANY ARE IGNORANT.DANGOTE AIR IS THE FULL NAME.THEY ARE ALSO THE PRODUCERS OF DANA JUICE AND OTHER BEVERAGES.WHAT I DON'T KNOW IS IF DANGOTE OWNS IT 100%

How Ignorant. Do some research before you table your Ignorance please.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by AnotherOkija: 5:42am On Jun 07, 2012
Dana is an indian company...

Its owned has Indians at the helm of affairs and only two Nigerians amongst its board.. Who are they deceiving?! angry
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 07, 2012
UK Bobo:

True, to a large extent.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by buzugee(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2012
drzed:

GBAAAAM X 10^6. The best post so far.
Those who dont understand this particular Indian superiority complex and racist mentally need to spend more time doing more research...while Google is still free.
pardon my ignorance and i am on no ones side but is anyone forcing you guys to patronize the indians in nigeria ? are there no alternatives ? and somehow i get the feeling that if you all are not struggling to catch up with the joneses and to keep up appearance and to feelamong, you would not patronize any of these people. and i dont mean to sound anti-nigerian but you nigerians are the most annoying and materialistic people alive. so i can see why despite all the insults you supposedly recieve from these indians you still patronize them. this is because your desire to 'shine' far supersedes your self respect and dignity. i have seen nigerians in nigeria with 5 blackberry phones. why do you need 5 blackberry phones ? and why do you always put your mobile phones and car keys on the table anywhere you go ? see all these things you 'shine' with you have to get from indians and chinese so i can see why you dont mind bypassing the insults so you can get your shine on.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by LordReed(m): 6:41am On Jun 07, 2012
Who do they think they are fooling? Look at the share allotment below:

i. Olney Overseas Incorporated – 499,999,999
ii. Sabita Rames Hathiramani – 1
iii. Ramesh Naraindas Hathiramani – 1
iv. Atekoja Adedolapo Ayodeji – 112,500,001
v. Gbolahan Elias – 112,500,000
vi. Gattelli Limited – 25,000,000
vii. Vandana Vzco – 125,000,000
viii. Dana Airlines Limited – 124,999,998
ix. Shiva Ventures Limited – 112,500,001
x. Brindavan Industries Limited – 112,500,000.

It is a blatant lie their Communications man seeks to perpetuate as if they didn't do a CAC registration.

Get the full details here:
http://onobello.com/index.php/news/breaking/item/1138-exposed-dana-airlines-registration-with-corporate-affairs-commission-a-operations-greatly-flawed

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by rhymz(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Lmao at people trying to twist the basic facts we know that greedy and stingy indians own DANA air. Push this thread to the recycle bin. FOH with that bs
There is nothing anyone can say about this fact that I know of, I have worked as a maintenance engineer for the injection molding machings at Dana Plast, the company is fully owned by the Indians. Most of the top members of the company are indians and other Asian citizens, same with their automobile subsidiary KIA motors. My cousin currently works for KIA motors and he tells me it is thesame thing, the place is crawling with indians at the helm of affairs.
All that 4cking denials to save face wont work. Indians, Chinese and Lebanese mamnagements are crappy and the worse people to work with; they care little about staff welfare, safefty is not important to them if it swells cost. Ironically, they pay their brothers in thesame companies who do far less work than Nigerians that do most of the work. Unfortunately, they dominate our manufacturing industries.
Nobody is saying they should run them out of business but in places where they have been found to raise profit above the safety of human lives, they should be cut to size and made to face the music, simple. Also, government needs to look into the managements of these asian companies, while it can be understood that they want to cut cost, it should not be an excuse to exploit Nigerians. Dana is an Indian company, and there is nothing racist about declaring so, anyone that wants to make an issue out of that is as usual, a deluded soul that likes to argue for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by teskyg: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2012
I have worked with Indians in my previous organisation and some of them are really nice people.The coy I worked with paid me a six digit salary,housing nd car allowance,Health Insurance and Pension.We were treated well and have seen some of them loaning out money to some of my colleagues in need and didn't asked for repayment.They even invite us to their homes for parties and any event they organise and are always proud to show us to their people.
Some posters had made valid point here but I don't think they should be blame for runing most of their organisations in Nigeria as they liked.Its the failure of Government regulatory Agencies who could not monitor not only Indian run companies but also Nigeria and Other natives run Companies.Even the Government institutions who is supposed to be the yardstick for measuring standard on how to treat their human resources are more culpable.They owe Civil Servants Salary and Allowances,no housing benefits,no hospital Insurance and their pension contribution are embezzled.Most of the Multinational companies set different standards for the Operations in other countires and in Nigeria.This is because our watchdogs are sleep.Have consider how many people with responsibilities will loose theirt jobs if they are made to leave the country?I think are Regulatory Agencies need to sit up and set viable standards to checkmate the activities of all organisations in Nigeria and not only Asians run companies.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by teskyg: 7:23am On Jun 07, 2012
I have worked with Indians in my previous organisation and some of them are really nice people.The coy I worked with paid me a six digit salary,housing nd car allowance,Health Insurance and Pension.We were treated well and have seen some of them loaning out money to some of my colleagues in need and didn't asked for repayment.They even invite us to their homes for parties and any event they organise and are always proud to show us to their people.
Some posters had made valid point here but I don't think they should be blame for runing most of their organisations in Nigeria as they liked.Its the failure of Government regulatory Agencies who could not monitor not only Indian run companies but also Nigeria and Other natives run Companies.Even the Government institutions who is supposed to be the yardstick for measuring standard on how to treat their human resources are more culpable.They owe Civil Servants Salary and Allowances,no housing benefits,no hospital Insurance and their pension contribution are embezzled.Most of the Multinational companies set different standards for the Operations in other countires and in Nigeria.This is because our watchdogs are sleep.Have consider how many people with responsibilities will loose theirt jobs if they are made to leave the country?I think are Regulatory Agencies need to sit up and set viable standards to checkmate the activities of all organisations in Nigeria and not only Asians run companies.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by P406: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2012
i agree with kobo,it makes absolutely no sense to condemn indian businesses if the so called regulators that are nigerians are not doing jack. bellview and sosoliso planes crashed they were not indian companies. in addition if we start pushing this xenophobia too far ,nigerians living outside naija go hear am don't forget that south africa has a sizable number of indian still attached emotionally with mother india so our folks in SA go hear am. so i think all u indian haters had better take a chill pill. again do u know how many nigerians have food on their table cos of these guys, just plain hippocrisy cos next everyone will be calling for foreign investors.... SMH.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by stormm: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2012
teskyg: I have worked with Indians in my previous organisation and some of them are really nice people.The coy I worked with paid me a six digit salary,housing nd car allowance,Health Insurance and Pension.We were treated well and have seen some of them loaning out money to some of my colleagues in need and didn't asked for repayment.They even invite us to their homes for parties and any event they organise and are always proud to show us to their people.

Interesting @ bolded.

Try some real 'nice' ones like Churchgate and De-United foods
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by rhymz(m): 7:52am On Jun 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill: The people who are ready to hang the Indians are the same who watch in silence as helpless Nigerians are pushed around and humiliated everyday by other Nigerians.

The building that collapsed and killed dozens of people. . .was it Indians who built it?

The innocent lives lost at the hands of trigger happy policemen. . .twas the Indians who gave them guns ko?

Boko Harem killing people every other day like they are flies. . .shei Indians gave them the mandate right?

Yeah, those horrible Indians. . . They have taken over Nigeria.

Lord have mercy on us all.
Madam what exactly is the import of your arguments? Your sick sarcasm is not needed now abeggg!!!
Are you trying to say there is no justifications to suspend Dana air whom investigations have shown to have deliberately disregard safety warnings and still flew a plane that had shown signs of mechanical faults not just once?
I understand that the Nigerian government is shitty and all that.... but to imply that Dana is innocently being made a scapegoat and do not deserve any reprimand shows that you, madam are a part of the problem. If people don't complain how do you get those eeediots in authority to at least make a move?
Or you think the authorities wont find it more convenient if they had their way to just ignore the whole brouhaha caused by this very avoidable mishap and just tell the indians to lay low for now with a promise to allow them bounce back later?
Are you saying when sosoliso, ADC and bellview( whose cases were not even that of the managements deliberately ignoring warning signs) crash happened the government did not sanction them in parts where they were found guilty..
Like seriously, have you worked for any company owned by Indians, Lebanese or the Chinese I have and I can tell you without mincing words that these people have always had a free hand doing what they like without anyone caring if it was right and wrong and that was thesame attitude we saw in the Dana management handling of thef issue.
Yes, Nigeria has leadership problems, corruption is damn rife but please don't comment like Nigerians are not trying in their own ways too to make the government sit up, if you are alluding to the type of revolutions seen in North Africa as a sign of our seriousness then I say, Madam, shebi you sef are a Nigerian even if you live abroad, you can come down and start it. Your life is not precious to you than that of other Nigerians to them. This is not the time for sick sarcasm or armchair criticism, the question is; what have you as a Nigerian done to reduce the corruption in your own little way besides making sick jokes and criticizing the government even when they seem to have taken the right step. Did you lose anyone in the crash? Cos I did and I want those indian bastards and whoever connived with them brought to book.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by mofuflex(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2012
ABEGII MAKE UNA LEAVE TORI, DANA IS INDIAN JARE........ LOL @ DANSA -DANA JUICE RELATION.

Na God dey safe person oh. I wan laff faint
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Biggyd2: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2012
Ehn so what? So what are they doing about the dead? The owner of the warehouse(pastor Daniel) where the plane crashed is on star fm 101.5 lamenting that both the government and Dana have not even made a call to him. Already they are telling him, through the oba that this state govt wants to use the property. He lost all his fish ponds(people were actually stealing the fish!), of over 400 dogs he was breeding he could only retrieve 70, he had furniture and interior machines including container loads of educational materials belonging to a friend in d warehouse. He listed other things lost. He said that as he spoke, he was still wearing the suit he wore to church last Sunday. His children are putting on borrowed clothes. Why? He lost his house as well in the crash as well. This one we now know of. What about the others that were on the ground and crushed on that day and the those who lost their properties? People let us continue talking till they hear these innocent bloods crying out for justice.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by AO2(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2012
Dana Air is not owned by Indians, but by Nigerians using the Indians as a front. It will shock Nigerians when the identity of the owners of Dana Airline is revealed. The drama will unfold soon. The Nigerian owners are key persons in the Nigerian Aviation Industry.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Sagamite(m): 8:40am On Jun 07, 2012
I hate it when moorons like Tony Usidamen try and play smart and insult intelligence.

So if it is not an Indian company how come he can't name the owners?

The foool thinks he can play with words by stating because it is "registered" in Nigeria, then it is not an Indian company.

They know majority of humans are foooools so they are playing with words and ambiguity.

So only firms registered in India are Indian companies?
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by rhymz(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2012
teskyg: I have worked with Indians in my previous organisation and some of them are really nice people.The coy I worked with paid me a six digit salary,housing nd car allowance,Health Insurance and Pension.We were treated well and have seen some of them loaning out money to some of my colleagues in need and didn't asked for repayment.They even invite us to their homes for parties and any event they organise and are always proud to show us to their people.

You have a point there all though, I feel the six digit part is an exaggeration unless of course you are conniving with them to subdue the Nigerians that work for them cos that is usually the case with many highly paid Nigerians in indiam companies.
I have a very good knowledge of their management style cos I have worked with a lot of them and I see in all of them thesame damning streaks.
First, they hate Unions. In their companies where they have unions, knowing how the average Nigerian is corrupt, you find out that the union leadership is heavily compromised and do the biding of the managements even when it hurts the welfare of the staff.
In another case scenario, they outrightly ban any union movement in their company and pay off labour inspectors that come to do routine check on them.
Staff welfare and the salary structure of Nigerians working for them means nothing to them. Remuneration is very poor and unfair when compared to that of indian coleagues doing thesame job, most of them get paid double the salaries of their coleagues. Workers on thesame same level collect differing salaries, there is usually no laid down structure of remuneration in their companies. You come in and are paid based on your negotiation skills.
Safety to them is usually secondary, for instance, in the plastic packaging company I used to work for, they would rather we use hand controlled chain-cranes and allow us to manuever very heavy molds during molde installations and removals(which is risky and requires human strength) instead of getting a standard sized electronics controlled cranes(which are way efficient, do not need one's strength and are way safer).
In cases where they want to meet up with production demands, they deactivate the safety locks of the machines, exposing operators to very serious hazards. I personally left this company early this year when one these machines smashed the head of a newly employed operator who was not given any orientation about the machine. The operator was killed because the managemnt deactivated the safety lock of the machine just for the reason of uninterruption in production.
These are very avoidable accidents but for the greed of profit making that drives the motives of the owners. That was thesame attitude applied in the Dana mishap.
If you have never worked for them, you wont see all these things from my angle. Many of them have got no souls. Nigerians love them regardless. No need for anyone to exaggerate the issue to an xenophobic stage, they are not hated in Nigeria one bit inspite of their BS, imagine those workers calling the "Masters??". But we have to speak out and make them realize that we do not like the way they do business. That is not xenophobia or racism. We can't say because we don't want to be seen as xenophic or racist, we must not discuss these issues especially labour laws, that is slave mentality. Till today, the issue of black empowerment and active participation are still discussed in RSA, they still have laws that allow at least 10% black ownership of any big companies.
Indian business men need to know that they are not the only ones operating in our corrupt climes, there are also european and american companies in Nigeria who could as well choose to exploit the corruption excuse and do like them as well. The asian business model is just too exploitative and it is catching too fast on others.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by owobokiri(m): 8:48am On Jun 07, 2012
With all the major Indian shareholders you still say that Dana is not an Indian company!? Haba! This is as rudiclous as saying that Nigeria as a country is not a British multi-national company.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by ypzilanti: 8:52am On Jun 07, 2012
I have made a number of Indian friends in this life. Same as any other group of people, they have good and bad ones. If we want to judge them as a group, I guess we should also point the finger at ourselves as Nigerians...are we as a group of people any better?

We always complain when foriegners tell us that all Nigerians are frauds but we are guilty of the same...writing off one billion people based on the actions of a few unscrupulious elements doing business in Nigeria.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2012
ypzilanti: I have made a number of Indian friends in this life. Same as any other group of people, they have good and bad ones. If we want to judge them as a group, I guess we should also point the finger at ourselves as Nigerians...are we as a group of people any better?

We always complain when foriegners tell us that all Nigerians are frauds but we are guilty of the same...writing off one billion people based on the actions of a few unscrupulious elements doing business in Nigeria.

Nobody is writing-off Indians as a whole. What we don't want is Indians or any other persons jeopardizing our lives for the sake of profit or any other damn reason. We also will not standby and have a bag pulled over our heads. Dana's CAC registration documents have been exposed look it up.
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by aiibee(f): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2012
some people on this thread are just soooo ignorant. smh!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Sagamite(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2012
MacLovington:

Get off this your high horse.

You are one of those who condemns a Nigerian the most when he/she is accused of anything abroad whether or not he/she has been found guilty. It is also people like you in various govt departments who let foreigners get away with everything in the name of tolerance. Why have the Indians not been seen since the plane crash? Do you think Nigerian will be allowed to own an airline in India? What planet do you live in? Nigerians don't tolerate foreigners and foreiners are looting the country with local collaborators. Be a coconut. Good for you.

What makes you think a Nigerian would not be allowed to own an airline in India?
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by VULCAN(m): 9:29am On Jun 07, 2012
@ENIGMA: read it again, slower this time. If u still don't "get" it then ask drzed- he did!!
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by ogaemma: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2012
What a revelation, I know if further investigation is made, we will find out that Dana group belongs to politicians. So many foreign company's in Nigeria belongs to these dubious politicians who stole government money to establish only to employ expertriate as owners to deceive Nigerians. What a shame!
Re: Dana Air Is Not An Indian Company by Ijebulogic(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2012
what a pointless and tangential debate. What does this have to do with Air Safety in Nigeria? Do Indians own Chachangi and Kabo with 35 year old planes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning To Relocate To Turkey / See How Dead Bodies Is Transported In Abia State Because Of Bad Road / Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.