Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,893 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? (17981 Views)

Teenage Boy Packaged Into A Suitcase, To Be Smuggled Into Spain (Photos) / 21 Nigerian Prostitutes In Spain Rescued By Police (Photos) / Unilorin Redeemed Fellowship Students In Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hello my fellow nairalanders,i have seen threads like this for USA,UK,Australia,Germany, Canada etc bt none for Spain..so my brothers and sisters over there pls come in and share how life in Spain as a student looks like so that it will help aspiring students make their choice.
I will also like to know if university education is free in Spain. And if jobs and accomodation are readily available.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by FYB(m): 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
Spain z cool, I was with cr7 d other day, we did some talks.....hez coming over to play for '.worry wof'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
I will really appreciate meaningful contributions.
We need to help other Nigerians living in Spain.
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Spain is a very good place to sturdy,a lot people don't know you can study in English here and morever its much much cheaper than the UK.I am a spainsh citizen from Nigeria,I have been in Spain since 2004.I can tell you it is just of recent a lot of Nigerians are getting aware of Spain and its opportunities. anytime I visit Nigeria I always encourage friends and family to choose Spanish universities .

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
ollins:
Spain is a very good place to sturdy,a lot people don't know you can study in English here and morever its much much cheaper than the UK.I am a spainsh citizen from Nigeria,I have been in Spain since 2004.I can tell you it is just of recent a lot of Nigerians are getting aware of Spain and its opportunities. anytime I visit Nigeria I always encourage friends and family to choose Spanish universities .

Thanks ollins.
I am a Nigerians but just got my Irish Passport. Pls how do I get accommodation in Spain as I do not know anyone in that country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Which part of Spain are you coming to
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Madrid
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Rent prices differs according to the city in Spain,there is no uniform amount, Madrid and Barcelona have yhe highest rates

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
ollins:
Rent prices differs according to the city in Spain,there is no uniform amount, Madrid and Barcelona have yhe highest rates

I will rather live in a hotter part of the country like Malaga or Seville where the rents are cheaper but I am worried about job opportunities .
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Are you coming for study or visit, if for study I would recommend Malaga,cost of housing and sturdy are much cheaper there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
If it is for work, then it is better you stick to Madrid

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
ollins:
Are you coming for study or visit, if for study I would recommend Malaga,cost of housing and sturdy are much cheaper there.

I hope I find a place to stay while looking for a job.
I am also hoping the government will assist the housing costs.

But I have no idea of Spanish welfare system.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Obodo999:

I hope I find a place to stay while looking for a job.
I am also hoping the government will assist the housing costs.
But I have no idea of Spanish welfare system.
the Spanish wellfare system differs from area to area but the general requirements are that you must have lived in your locality for a period of not less than a year,be registered on the census, must be a legal resident.
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Accomadation for a flat of three bedrooms in Madrid costs between 600 to 800 euros a month,if you want to rent a room,it will cost you BTW 200 to 250 euros.I hope this information has been helpfull

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by idu1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
ollins:
Accomadation for a flat of three bedrooms in Madrid costs between 600 to 800 euros a month,if you want to rent a room,it will cost you BTW 200 to 250 euros.I hope this information has been helpfull
what is the average tuition fee for undergraduate programs?
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by zhukafa(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:
Which part of Spain are you coming to

I thank you for your concern. Please keep this thread up by feeding the house with information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2015
idu1:
what is the average tuition fee for undergraduate programs?
the average tution fee for undergraduate programs are btw 1,500 euros to 3000 euros per session depending on the course.this price are for students coming from outside the EU area.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2015
zhukafa:

I thank you for your concern. Please keep this thread up by feeding the house with information.
glad to be of help
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by zhukafa(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:
glad to be of help

Thanks my good brother. i appreciate those that have that zeal to assist people. i want to ask, how easy is getting the visa? do you know much on it.
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:

Thanks for the information. God bless you sir.

I really need to secure a room accommodation before my arrival in Madrid because I cannot afford hotel costs.
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:
the average tution fee for undergraduate programs are btw 1,500 euros to 3000 euros per session depending on the course.this price are for students coming from outside the EU area.

Is PostGraduate programme free for EU students like myself ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by idu1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:
thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Obodo999:

Is PostGraduate programme free for EU students like myself ?
for some courses not all,I will see if I can get the list but Accomadation is never free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by ollins(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
zhukafa:

Thanks my good brother. i appreciate those that have that zeal to assist people. i want to ask, how easy is getting the visa? do you know much on it.
visit the Spain embassy in Nigeria or visit their website, all the information about visas are there.the main requirements are the same for Schengen countries of which Spain is a member

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by zhukafa(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
ollins:
visit the Spain embassy in Nigeria or visit their website, all the information about visas are there.the main requirements are the same for Schengen countries of which Spain is a member

thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by Obodo999(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Please lets keep this thread alive.
Is there not another person to contribute appart from Ollins ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by WhyNa: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2016
Hi Ollins, please can you tell me about the Asturias Family accommodation program at the universidad de Oviedo? Would you recommend it?

It's a program where international students are placed with Asturias familiy who accommodate and feed them in return for a token from the govt.

Are there any other cheaper accommodation options?. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by doyinisaac(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Harmony222:
Poster above me::: idiat!!!!
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by doyinisaac(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Spain is a nice country to live in especially as a student....but.......
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by WhyNa: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
doyinisaac:
Spain is a nice country to live in especially as a student....but.......

Please can you elaborate on the but?
Re: Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? by GentleOhimai(m): 12:04am On Feb 21, 2016
ollins:

Hello sir, please can you recommend any affordable school that can give me an admission to study Spanish. I don't mind any school at all provided they don't need IELT and can offer me admission to apply for a visa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Helicopter Crashes In Bauchi: AIB Opens Investigation / Nigerian Lone Survivor Of Fatal Auto Crash, Shares Testimony, 3 Years Later / Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.