Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,658 members, 7,837,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits (949 Views)

Jonathan Vows To Arrest And Deal With Those Behind ING / Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by BlackPikiN(m): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2012
Abuja -President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday assured Nigerians and international community that the Federal Government would deal decisively with culprits of Sunday’s DANA plane crash.

Jonathan said this at a special session of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in honour of victims of the disaster.

The special session, which held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, saw all council members dressed in black attires to mourn the departed.

The President reiterated his earlier directive that a comprehensive investigation be carried out to ascertain the immediate and remote causes of the crash.

He said government would implement the recommendations of the investigation to the latter to ensure that sanity was restored to the sector and guarantee the safety of air travellers.

“The lives of all Nigerians and foreigners in our country are precious to this administration. We will continue to do everything possible to protect lives and prevent avoidable deaths.

“I assure all Nigerians and the international community that the investigations which I have ordered will be very thorough. Let me warn that where clear dereliction of duty is established, firm action will be taken.

“This administration stands ready to take whatever action may become necessary after the investigation to prevent the recurrence of air mishaps.

“We are a nation of highly resilient people; in time, we will surely overcome the collective trauma of Sunday’s plane crash in Lagos.”

The President said the special session marked the end of the official three-day mourning he declared immediately after the accident occurred in Lagos.

He said that the accident was not only regrettable, but also a major setback to the ongoing efforts of government to reposition the aviation sector.

Jonathan reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to the improvement of the quality of aviation infrastructure with the overall goal of making air travel in and outside the country safer.

He said government had set up a committee comprising the CBN and the Federal Ministry of Aviation to work out ways of strengthening the financial stability and growth of domestic airlines.

The President said he had also directed the Ministers of Finance, Trade and Investment, CBN Governor, and the Chief Economic Adviser to the President, to look into tariffs and other taxes relating to the aviation industry and come up with recommendations on what to do to augment the sector.

He enjoined the media, particularly the social media network, to desist from sending out unconfirmed reports and speculations on the cause of the crash

Vice-President Namadi Sambo on his part, said the report of the panel set up by the President would help sanitise the aviation industry.

He offered prayers for the repose of souls of the departed and fortitude for the families of the victims to bear the losses.

A minute’s silence was observed in honour of the departed souls while ministers, who spoke in turns, offered suggestions on how to improve the aviation sector.

The President and the Vice-President later signed a condolence register specially dedicated for the crash victims. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/dana-crash-jonathan-vows-to-deal-with-culprits/
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
Where exactly did he say he would deal with culprits? Our Journalists are really unbelievable? What culprits? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by MrGlobe(m): 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
^
maybe you are yet to understand the nature id¡otic, backwards and money loving Nigerian journalists are.
At the topic, for the culprits, I hope they mean dame patience, NCAA and DANA. They are the culprits
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by BlackPikiN(m): 1:16am On Jun 07, 2012
^^^ Damn don't be a f00l?

Una no go allow person mama rest! What has Patience got to do with this?
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by SisiKill1: 1:26am On Jun 07, 2012
Yep, no catastrophic incident is complete without GEJ "vowing to deal with the culprit"

Thanks Mr. President, now our minds are at peace. smiley

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Jun 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill: [size=13pt]Yep, no catastrophic incident is complete without GEJ "vowing to deal with the culprit"[/size]

Thanks Mr. President, now our minds are at peace. smiley

Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by MrGlobe(m): 1:42am On Jun 07, 2012
BlackPikiN: ^^^ Damn don't be a f00l?

Una no go allow person mama rest! What has Patience got to do with this?
with a name like blackpickin you dont expect me to take you seriously. Dame Patience Jonathan was partly responsible for the crash. Read the news
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by dayokanu(m): 1:57am On Jun 07, 2012
I went to church to make a vow last week and I was told it is finished because GEJ Retardeen used up all the vow quota of Nigeria,

The clueless Retardeen vows like 5,000 times a day

4 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by Pataki: 7:06am On Jun 07, 2012
Damn, and this clueless buffoon is acclaimed to have a PhD? His comment are so vague and general, "I will take firm action" - What kind of action, Dr. Retardeen? undecided
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by bknight: 8:50am On Jun 07, 2012
I hope d school dat awarded him Phd can now see that it was clearly a mistake angry
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2012
dayokanu: I went to church to make a vow last week and I was told it is finished because GEJ Retardeen used up all the vow quota of Nigeria,

The clueless Retardeen vows like 5,000 times a day

no be small thing! infact the vows on bokoharam alone don take west africa qouta!
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by feelamong(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2012
torkaka:

no be small thing! infact the vows on bokoharam alone don take west africa qouta!

If I was to get a dollar for any vow made by GEJ.. by now I would have been a multi millionaire!!

Whenever boko haram strike, the president nowmally makes vows to bring them to book, no boko haram member is brought to book yet for the many killings of nigerians.

When the presidential panel that looked into the reasons for the pre election crisis submitted their report the president vowed to implement the report as HEAVEN WILL NOT FALL, that vow is not yet fulfilled after some 8 months.

The house of representatives submitted the subsidy probe and the president vowed to bring those behind it to book, yet nobody is answering any question.

What about the more than 500 vows by the president on his facebok page during the 2011 general elections? Have any one seen the light of the day? capital NO.

The president should stop disturbing our heads with vows, vows, vows, vows, vows, we want actions. We want to see those responsible for this inhumanity arrested, prosecuted and if convicted sentenced to a very long jail term.
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by blacksta(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2012
If i was Nigerian criminal - I would always be rest assured that anytime this President utters the statement " we will deal with whoever is culpable " I am gurantted nothing will happen.

What a joke setup.
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Pataki: Damn, and this clueless buffoon is acclaimed to have a PhD? His comment are so vague and general, "I will take firm action" - What kind of action, Dr. Retardeen? undecided
Wow!

I am so shocked at the choice of words by the average Nairalander.

If our words are as crude, I am wondering what our secret lives are like.

Please, let us communicate with some decency.

In case you have forgotten, some actions have been taken already: EG, the license of the Airline (DANA) has been suspended. This gesture alone, will others to pick up.
Re: Dana Crash: Jonathan Vows To Deal With Culprits by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Police Drinking Star And Smoking On Duty / Urgent We Need Dump Truck For Haulage Job. / Amaechi Asked To Quit PDP? –presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.