Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims (6773 Views)

Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives / Who Closed The Airspace On Sunday 3 June 2012? Is 1st Lady For Dana Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by topeorekoy(m): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Aggrieved families affected by the crash of Dana 0992 flight converged at the Ikeja office of the Dana Airline to protest non-payment of their claims.

A warehouse owner said he had submitted relevant documents to request a claim of N500million to the management of Dana Airline, but that after series communications, Dana Airline has not replied to a single correspondence.

The protesters say they are determined to continue seizing the office of Dana Airline until it responds appropriately to the damages caused by the crash of June 3rd 2012.

http://saharareporters.com
http://topeorekoya..com/2013/01/photos-families-of-dana-crash-victims.html?showComment=1359013089788#c8602064772197750490
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Tittos: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2013
Nawa o..I thought dana claimed they have finished compensating the people involved..to even think that they have been allowed to fly without making sure they have finished the payments..our goverment is silly....

12 Likes

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by azpekuliar: 11:07am On Jan 24, 2013
Who are those ignoramuses I see expecting Dana to compensate them for their factory and warehouses? They should go and meet their insurers! And if out of negligence or sheer ignorance their properties weren't insured, then sorry is their name!
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by ebamma(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2013
DANA=Dont
Always
Need
Aid
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Regiblinkz(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2013
Very sad scenario...Niaja things is always different
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by IYANGBALI: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2013
Tittos: Nawa o..I thought dana claimed they have finished compensating the people involved..to even think that they have been allowed to fly without making sure they have finished the payments..our goverment is silly....
very very silly and insensitive
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by untainted: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Tittos: Nawa o..I thought dana claimed they have finished compensating the people involved..to even think that they have been allowed to fly without making sure they have finished the payments..our goverment is silly....
It is a pity
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by yertyr(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Dats to show u how incompetent d FG is... Dana claims to have settled bills and no one goes to determine d veracity of those claims... Evn if they find out, they turn blind eye to it cos they've bn tipped... For me, dat airline shudn't be working giving d circumstances surrounding that crash. Yet corruption won't let us.

1 Like

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by executinal(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2013
Dana air is the best way to grave
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by TableLeg(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2013
Regiblinkz: Very sad scenario...Niaja things is always different
Dullard... Things are always different!

Topic
DANA, what a disgrace......Why is it taking so long to settle/compensate the victims of the ill-fated air crash?
What is the lack of communication about... You lot need to sort it out ASAP!
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by hussyhassy: 11:13am On Jan 24, 2013
nawa o,,,n our president is busy sending our military to mali while d family of crashed DANA are stil stranded.may God HELP naija with our clueless leaders

1 Like

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by izenco2005(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2013
hussyhassy: nawa o,,,n our president is busy sending our military to mali while d family of crashed DANA are stil stranded.may God HELP naija with our clueless leaders
ur very stupidd watin concern presdo
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by OmerianConsult: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2013
Yet Dana has resumed operations, even claiming to be the first airline to compensate its crash victims.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Youngzedd(m): 11:22am On Jan 24, 2013
It's like the FG (people in charge) have taken their own share.

Why should they be allowed to fly without full compensation.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by yertyr(m): 11:23am On Jan 24, 2013
hussyhassy: nawa o,,,n our president is busy sending our military to mali while d family of crashed DANA are stil stranded.may God HELP naija with our clueless leaders

please... How does d military correlate to the Dana issue?... I've told u to stick to d doctor's prescription 4 those drugs (once a day)...

1 Like

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by nairalady(f): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2013
na wa oo embarassed
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by leslieu63(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2013
at least I have my own private jet to take me where ever i want.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Youngzedd(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2013
yertyr:

please... How does d military correlate to the Dana issue?... I've told u to stick to d doctor's prescription 4 those drugs (once a day)...

I tire ooooh

Na so we see am.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by slimyem: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2013
Some of the protesters are just greedy..
See the man requesting for a claim of N500,000...
Which kain warehouse is worth 500 million naira in Iju Ishaga?
Thief!!
No wonder he got no response.undecided
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Dygeasy(m): 11:26am On Jan 24, 2013
We all know its going to take a lot of time before they are going to get a dime from the airline or they shouldn't even get at all.
Not with the way they're going about their protests.

'Dana' isn't supposed to just walk right into the middle of the protesters and start handing them paycheques. It doesn't work that way.

Definitely not with those placards and the messages they carry.

There are better ways to go about this type of things IMO.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 24, 2013
azpekuliar: Who are those ignoramuses I see expecting Dana to compensate them for their factory and warehouses? They should go and meet their insurers! And if out of negligence or sheer ignorance their properties weren't insured, then sorry is their name!
Exactly! Welcome to planet earth 2013; where you must prepare for planes to fall on your head!!

1 Like

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Onlinebiz2012: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Slizbeat(m): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2013
Dana can not resume operation when they've not finished payment. There is something fishy about this. Maybe someone else has claimed the money while telling the family members they didnt give him. the family members would be protesting while he has gone to dubai to spend the cash. Either way, our government is Stupid but not to that extent of allowing DANA operate back when they've not settled the families of the bereaved.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by stacomaster(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2013
azpekuliar: Who are those ignoramuses I see expecting Dana to compensate them for their factory and warehouses? They should go and meet their insurers! And if out of negligence or sheer ignorance their properties weren't insured, then sorry is their name!
guy dnt be So Silly

2 Likes

Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Lekky2: 11:42am On Jan 24, 2013
That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by manny4life(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2013
Wait o, what kind of claims are these?

Are these the 150,000 mandatory insurance liability they speak of? I believe Dana has settled that case for NCAA to release their operating license. Any other claim like the N500million is ridiculous. Truly, while Dana shares responsibility in it, at same time, he should go meet his insurance company to help him out.
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Stupid country
Re: Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims by yertyr(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Slizbeat: Dana can not resume operation when they've not finished payment. There is something fishy about this. Maybe SOMEONE ELSE HAS CLAIMED THE MONEY while telling the family members they didnt give him. the family members would be protesting while HE HAS GONE TO DUBAI to spend the cash. Either way, OUR GOVERNMENT IS STUPID BUT NOT TO THAT EXTENT of allowing DANA operate back when they've not settled the families of the bereaved.

u're truly confused... FG is not silly enuf to reinstate Dana wen they've nt settled bereaved families but they're stupid enuf to allow an imposter siphon d money to dubai... Smh it irks me wen I see these comments.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Can’t Bequeath Chaos, Disunity To Future Generation – Abdulsalami / Spot Nnamdi Kanu In This Trump's Picture. / Kabba Prison Attack: Most Of The Escaped Inmates Re-Arrested - Kogi Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.