Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (37456 Views)

The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Problem Downloading Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 210 Dual Sim / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by bonetalk(m): 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
blink182: N18-N22k
he asked for nigeria's price not the company's price in Naira
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Funkymallam(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
Frostyzone:
Coming to your fellow java phone user's aid, abi? Stop defending your actions by reeling out the merits, then backing it up by saying you read it from the web.
Just admit that you bought one thinking it's S60 phones only to discover it's a mere java. And now consoling yourselves by pointing out the crappy merits!

U seriously need help.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Onyenna(m): 11:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
Java s40......is this a joke or what?...@ this age?....dunno, but am sure I didn't enter the jokes section......... I don tek off!!!.....
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by sample042(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2012
oayombo: In your own words, what is the difference between a java & symbian enabled device.

If am askd, i'l say dat d both platforms(java n symbia) are multitaskn o/s bt symbian s a more classical o/s in d sense dat symbians can allow multiple applicatns 2 run at a tym unlike java dat can only run one at a tym in exceptn of playn music whl d applicatn runs.
Sure dis helpd u?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by sunntrost(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2012
mjconcept:
Symbian is an operating system,
providing the native software
platform of the phone. Java is an
virtual machine powered
application framework that runs
on top of the operating system
and, at least in theory, allows
developers to design applications
that can run on any machine,
irrespective of the underlying OS.
An application written directly for
the OS (be it Windows or
Symbian) is faster and more
powerful (access to more low
level features) but will only run
on the system for which it was
designed. A Java application is
slower, more limited in features
and, despite of the initial
promise, will not run on too
many systems either.
Symbian phones are more
preferable to java phones
because of so many reasons.
Most symbian phones has inbuilt
gps (global positioning system)
in them that help's u find ur way
and java phones don't. Java
phones can only receive .jar
and .jad while symbian phones
can recieve .jar, .jad & .sis .
Symbian phones have lager
screens than java phones. So
symbian phones are the best.
[quote][/quote] you are correct indeed!
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2012
sample042:

If am askd, i'l say dat d both platforms(java n symbia) are multitaskn o/s bt symbian s a more classical o/s in d sense dat symbians can allow multiple applicatns 2 run at a tym unlike java dat can only run one at a tym in exceptn of playn music whl d applicatn runs.
Sure dis helpd u?
Hey, don't get confused...both aren't 'multitasking' os..u can't multitask on a java phone, not even on a s40 device right now. That feature should be available with further upgrades on a s40..hopefully though.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Mattex001(m): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2012
Rubish... Java fone 4 18k wat for? Abi d fone dy multi task? Nokia is j$t producing wark n xpensv fone the$e dais.. No wonda samsung is ahead wit d andorid os.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by cuteprinz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
phemi3: Means Internet subcribtion; It's calculated in megabyte (10mb).
Thanks. But no; internet subscription isn't calculated in MEGABYTES, it is calculated in BYTES.
I wanted the poster to correct his/herself by saying MY DATA SUBSCRIPTION was used up, instead of saying ALL MY MEGABYTES were used up. Good day sir
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
cuteprinz: Thanks. But no; internet subscription isn't calculated in MEGABYTES, it is calculated in BYTES.
I wanted the poster to correct his/herself by saying MY DATA SUBSCRIPTION was used up, instead of saying ALL MY MEGABYTES were used up. Good day sir

cheesy idea is need...

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by callydon(m): 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
Plz people does Nokia av any Android phone?
If YES wots d price of d phone?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by blackweaver(m): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
callydon: Plz people does Nokia av any Android phone?
If YES wots d price of d phone?

Sorry nokia doesn't have an android phone and i'm not sure they plan to anytime in the near future - at least as long as their ceo remains with them
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by krazied(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2012
blackweaver:

Sorry nokia doesn't have an android phone and i'm not sure they plan to anytime in the near future - at least as long as their ceo remains with them
Not necessarily, if you get a nokia n9 you can port android ice cream sandwich and do a dual boot, actually you can do that with any of their meego range of phones ie n900, n950 though you'll need a little linux know how. just google it and you'll get tons of material.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by lordspiritual(m): 5:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Fabulous1: pls nairalanders my nokia 500 runs very fast finishing all my mega bytes even wen i close all application all my credit finish, even wen am not browsin, pls i need help
dont know if you have upgraded your os to belle...if you have just swipe you finger down from the top of the screen and switch of mobile data...or you can use netqin antivirus's firewall...
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Tgr8t4all(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
pls help with my Nokia Asha 200, i dont know how to set d IP adress. pls any1 wit d clue shud reply.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by blackweaver(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
oayombo: I wonder why Nokia keeps making all these s40 devices, don't they have enough of them already? The C5-04, C5-05 & C5-06 fall within the same price range and they have better specs, running on the s60 rel.5 platform.

you know something i've discovered? not everyone wants/needs a smartphone. for young or tech savvy people like you and me maybe; but some people just want something they can make calls with and has good battery life. Like it or not, s40 devices need charging less frequently than s60 or symbian^3 devices
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by blackweaver(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
krazied:
Not necessarily, if you get a nokia n9 you can port android ice cream sandwich and do a dual boot, actually you can do that with any of their meego range of phones ie n900, n950 though you'll need a little linux know how. just google it and you'll get tons of material.

agreed, but do you think someone who doesn't know that nokia doesn't release android on their phones would be willing to take that route?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by blackweaver(m): 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
Tgr8t4all: pls help with my Nokia Asha 200, i dont know how to set d IP adress. pls any1 wit d clue shud reply.

why do you want to set the ip address?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by yugoboss1: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
abegi ooo...my N97 mini which i've been using for sometime now,all of a sudden just went off due to low battery. I then plug the charger for it to charge,but it just brings up the NOKIA intro with white background and it goes off...it repeats this process continously and does not cross this stage. What do i do?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by hadiman1: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
BRAND NEW NOKIA PUREVIEW 808 (WHITE COLOR)
RETAIL PRICE---AVE N100K

BUT GOIN FOR 85K
serious buyer...reply here

adisa_ibrahim@ymail.com

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by bonetalk(m): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
cuteprinz: Thanks. But no; internet subscription isn't calculated in MEGABYTES, it is calculated in BYTES.
itz really funny to when people say do you have MB on your phone.... People needs to be educated! Itz called bandswitch or internet data and not Mb,
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
bonetalk: itz really funny to when people say do you have MB on your phone.... People needs to be educated! Itz called bandswitch or internet data and not Mb,
Megabytes of data is an appropriate statement but which one con b bandswitch again nah....hehehe, oya educate yourself
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by nellyshasha(f): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Pls I want to ask does asha 205 whatsapp bc mine cant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) / Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.