Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,378 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (37444 Views)

The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Problem Downloading Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 210 Dual Sim / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2012
Yesterday, Nokia took another step towards connecting the next billion consumers by unveiling the Asha Touch family of mobile devices, taking the full touch experience to new price points. The three new phone models - the Nokia Asha 305, Nokia Asha 306 and Nokia Asha 311 - further expand the successful Asha family, first introduced in October 2011. Today, there are 10 Asha devices available in more than 130 markets, providing young, social consumers with a choice of phones to match their own lifestyle.

These latest phones have been designed to provide an incredibly rich, smartphone-like experience to consumers who want to be set free from excessive data consumption costs and short battery life. The Nokia Asha 305, Asha 306 and Asha 311 offer a new, fully re-designed touch user interface, combining the proven ease-of-use from Nokia's heritage with digital design innovations specifically fit for the purpose.

The beautifully crafted Nokia Asha 311 is a fast and fluid 3.5G capacitive touchscreen device, powered by a 1GHz processor to provide a great internet experience. The bright and edgy Nokia Asha 305 is a fun and affordable phone, featuring the exclusive Easy Swap dual SIM. Its sister, the Nokia Asha 306, is a single SIM model, and becomes Nokia's most affordable Wi-Fi handset to date.

They all pack the Nokia Browser 2.0 and free games from EA. The new devices take full advantage of the Nokia Browser 2.0, a major recent update which uses Nokia's cloud technology to reduce data consumption by up to 90%, meaning that consumers can enjoy faster and cheaper internet access.

Consumers can easily stay connected with friends and family at the touch of a button as well as share files and links across their social networks. Furthermore, the Nokia Browser's Download Manager feature helps consumers to manage external content easily, saving music, video or pictures on a memory card, while surfing the internet.

Nokia Asha 305 will begin shipping in Q2 with a price tag in the $85 US range while Nokia Asha 306 and 311 will follow in the third quarter, priced at $93 and $121, respectively.

Over to you. Will you prefer these phones to any Android phone that falls within the price range of these Asha phones eg Samsung Galaxy Pocket??

Source: http://press.nokia.com/2012/06/06/nokia-accelerates-the-journey-to-mobile-internet-with-the-introduction-of-asha-touch-device-range/

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Excelboi(m): 8:38am On Jun 07, 2012
Yeah Nokia at it again. $93 - $121? That a nice price for a touch phone. Hope its a symbian phone and not java.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by md4real(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2012
Is it symbiam?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Uncledom(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2012
Pls like how much will dis phone cost in 9ja -N-

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2012
wow wow nokia leads d pack again., its cheap for a touchscreen am impressed
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Jabioro: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2012
Nokia mobile phone products remain my preffered option always.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 07, 2012
Uncledom: Pls like how much will dis phone cost in 9ja -N-
N18-N22k
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by WhoIGoAsk: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2012
nokia all the way
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Excelboi(m): 8:47am On Jun 07, 2012
Uncledom: Pls like how much will dis phone cost in 9ja -N-
#15K - #21K
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by WhoIGoAsk: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2012
just if they can manufacture a nokia touch phone with android OS. It'll be so baam

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by amblors(m): 8:47am On Jun 07, 2012
It runs Nokia S40 OS
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Excelboi(m): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2012
amblors: It runs Nokia S40 OS
seriously? They've ruin the phone

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by merije1010(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2012
Hope nt java phone.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by phemi3: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2012
md4real: Is it symbiam?
sorry dude; It's a java phone!
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by symbian03(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2012
Pretty nice phone for someone who ain't a geek like me. I don't do with Java phones as they're pretty much like calculator to me. S60V5 is the way to go...
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by 9free(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2012
Since it does not operate on symbian or android OS, I would rather stick to my Nokia E63 or better still get the new torch android OS run tocrh screen phone.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by zibitu: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2012
what is the difference btw a symbian phone and a java phone

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Scotoma(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2012
it would have been so cool if it runs on Symbian or any other more advanced O.S. Not for me!
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by phemi3: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2012
Apart from the 1000mhz proccessor speed (nokia 306) which is a big plus 4d phone. It has low quality product as 4me. Things like:
Low pixel densitiy screen, below 180ppi (155 ppi)
Slow data means slow Internet browsing (EDGE, GPRS)
Low resolution display (240 x 400 pixels
Resistive touchscreen technology means its
display is less sensitive than you would like it to be
Lacks global positioning system (GPS)
Too little RAM memory (32 MB RAM)
Low-resolution camera (2 megapixels) The camera lacks autofocus Lacks an ambient light sensor for automatic screen brightness adjustment
Lacks a proximity sensor that turns the display оff during a phone call Device

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by delkuf(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2012
what is the difference btw symbian and java phone?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by 9zeros(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2012
trash, unless u're not a tech freak.....#windows7isdabomb.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by civac(m): 10:04am On Jun 07, 2012
Another models for nigerian market.why s40 platform?
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by mjconcept(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2012
delkuf: what is the difference btw symbian and java phone?
Symbian is an operating system,
providing the native software
platform of the phone. Java is an
virtual machine powered
application framework that runs
on top of the operating system
and, at least in theory, allows
developers to design applications
that can run on any machine,
irrespective of the underlying OS.
An application written directly for
the OS (be it Windows or
Symbian) is faster and more
powerful (access to more low
level features) but will only run
on the system for which it was
designed. A Java application is
slower, more limited in features
and, despite of the initial
promise, will not run on too
many systems either.
Symbian phones are more
preferable to java phones
because of so many reasons.
Most symbian phones has inbuilt
gps (global positioning system)
in them that help's u find ur way
and java phones don't. Java
phones can only receive .jar
and .jad while symbian phones
can recieve .jar, .jad & .sis .
Symbian phones have lager
screens than java phones. So
symbian phones are the best.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by callydon(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2012
Plz guys wots d cheapest android phone in d nigerian market?
Thanks.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Swagahyk(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2012
Java!...no way...better stick to my Nokia C1
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2012
Im looking for a Symbian Dual SIM 3G mobile nokia phone with flashlight (if possible). Pls, is any available in Naija markets? How much?

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by iykescream: 11:08am On Jun 07, 2012
callydon: Plz guys wots d cheapest android phone in d nigerian market?
Thanks.
I know of etisalat gaga about 20,000,samsung galaxy y duos btw 25,000 n 27,000 and samsung galaxy y pro about 29,000 depending on where you buy

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Frostyzone(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2012
Nice looking phone. But they destroyed it by making it a java phone. Seriously?!
At this time and age, whoever wants to operate a java phone when their are Android, Symbian, Windows, iphone models lying about?
I 'd rather spend 40k and buy me a serious qwerty keyboard phone with sound OS, than spending half of the money on a more elegant looking, touch screen model with inferrior OS.
Bottomline: That phone is already a flop. Another Nokian mistake.
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by zangiff(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
see vex oohh,wetin blackberry one do now.Nokia rocks
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by blackweaver(m): 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
callydon: Plz guys wots d cheapest android phone in d nigerian market?
Thanks.
the samsung galaxy pocket costs 18k at slot

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by Fabulous1: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
pls nairalanders my nokia 500 runs very fast finishing all my mega bytes even wen i close all application all my credit finish, even wen am not browsin, pls i need help
pls nairalanders my nokia 500 runs very fast finishing all my mega bytes even wen i close all application all my credit finish, even wen am not browsin, pls i need help
Re: Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched by oayombo: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
md4real: Is it symbiam?
I can bet they'll all be s40 devices, considering the price range.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) / Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device / How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.