Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (959 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by drzed: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
Okay, I have started a thread for Christians to honour their 'spiritual brothers and sisters' that died in the Dana Air crash.
The Muslims have turned their own thread (In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air) into a battle ground for Shia vs. Sunni. I dont think that argument will end anytime soon.

Some Christians have also used the Muslim thread to ask for Federal Character (Even in NairaLand....Ha, Nigerians!).

So now that we have a Christian thread, please do not use it to settle theological disputes. Over 150 people DIED just like that in a very violent and most horrible of ways. Can we take a few moments to say some words of prayer or condolence to the grieving families?

Can we for ONCE in our NairaLand lives forget the things that divide our human ways of life (tribe, religion, denomination, sect) and for crying out loud, JUST PRAY FOR THE DEAD...Can we do that PLEASE?

Thank you.
ps. And by the way, if you belong to Hare-Krishna, Buddishm, Sikhsm, Hinduism or whatever, go and start your own thread and dont come here complaining about the quota system. ...I tire for our people, I swear!

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Fr0sbel: 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
May God comfort their families !!
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by logicboy: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Shoukldnt you pray for everyone that died in the crash? This isolationism is just silly

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ptolomeus(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
The Islamists pray for the Islamists ... the Christians pray for the Christians ...
Others are not human?
I believe that both Islam and Christianity, are eliminating the neurons of the faithful, and generating sh1t on their heads.
Only way to explain so much meanness and stupidity.
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by 2good(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed: Okay, I have started a thread for Christians to honour their 'spiritual brothers and sisters' that died in the Dana Air crash.
The Muslims have turned their own thread (In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air) into a battle ground for Shia vs. Sunni. I dont think that argument will end anytime soon.

Some Christians have also used the Muslim thread to ask for Federal Character (Even in NairaLand....Ha, Nigerians!).

So now that we have a Christian thread, please do not use it to settle theological disputes. Over 150 people DIED just like that in a very violent and most horrible of ways. Can we take a few moments to say some words of prayer or condolence to the grieving families?

Can we for ONCE in our NairaLand lives forget the things that divide our human ways of life (tribe, religion, denomination, sect) and for crying out loud, JUST PRAY FOR THE DEAD...Can we do that PLEASE?

Thank you.
ps. And by the way, if you belong to Hare-Krishna, Buddishm, Sikhsm, Hinduism or whatever, go and start your own thread and dont come here complaining about the quota system. ...I tire for our people, I swear!

So religion is now competition?
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by drzed: 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
2good:

So religion is now competition?

No it is not. The followers of each religion have every right to fraternise and honour/pray/respect their kind, in the tradition of their respective religions.

I created this thread so that our Christian brothers and sisters who were complaining on the Muslim Forum can have their own thread to do the needful. We are not all the same as per our faith and beliefs and we will never all be the same. It is important to understand this very fact. We all have the freedom to congregate in our respective spiritual ways.

I know some will argue they were ALL Nigerians on that plane (minus the few foreigners). But will a Christian bury his dead in a Muslim grave yard or allow Islamic rites to be said for him when he is dead? No way. And vice versa.

The thing is (and part of the reasons our society is messed up) is that we lack mutual tolerance. Let us not ignore our differences. Let us respect them. That is how we can co-exist in peace.

I am not even a Christian... for your info. But I love peace and harmony. Without peace, no one can worship whatever or whoever.
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by drzed: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ptolomeus: The Islamists pray for the Islamists ... the Christians pray for the Christians ...
Others are not human?
I believe that both Islam and Christianity, are eliminating the neurons of the faithful, and generating sh1t on their heads.
Only way to explain so much meanness and stupidity.

Come on, my brother, what stops you from creating a thread for ...whatever religion you subscribe to?
Dont blame people because they are different from you or they are doing their own thing. If you were prevented from practising (and/or opening a thread for) your faith... then you have good grounds to complain.

Otherwise, please dont call people 'mean' or 'stvpid' simply because they are practising what they believe. Unless that is what your faith/religion teaches you to call others, which I doubt.

Do your own thing. Please.

Cheers.
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ptolomeus(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed:

Come on, my brother, what stops you from creating a thread for ...whatever religion you subscribe to?
Dont blame people because they are different from you or they are doing their own thing. If you were prevented from practising (and/or opening a thread for) your faith... then you have good grounds to complain.

Otherwise, please dont call people 'mean' or 'stvpid' simply because they are practising what they believe. Unless that is what your faith/religion teaches you to call others, which I doubt.

Cheers.

Dear friend.
I do not doubt his good intentions, and educated post.
It is not that no one can open a thread. Nor is it any animosity against Christians, but the attitude.
If the Islamic did that, I think that entitles everyone to pray for his and nothing else. Human beings are all alike; Islamic Christian atheists, etc.. We all have family, and death is a tragedy for everyone. I believe a person has a right to be outraged by a pose like that.
I think it's a very selfish attitude.
Perhaps you have not understood this scope of the problem, and you've played that was an attack on their faith. It's nothing like that. Please re-read my post.

Cheers
Re: In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by logicboy: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed:

Cheers.

Tell me, do you promote christianity with this selfish and isolationist attitude? Was the good Samaritan a Jew? Did he not help a person from a different religion? Why can you not put up a thread consoling people from every religion.

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua: The Man Who Saw Tomorrow? / Mormons Are Christians? / Will Americans Receive A Microchip Implant In 2013 Per Obamacare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.