Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,532 members, 7,861,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers (17593 Views)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by nagoma(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
jaybee:

[size=16pt]WHO IS ALI KWARA ?[/size]

FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE (No reference to internet)

Ali Kwara whose real and preferred name is Ali Usman is a young man who grew up with game as a hobby. He was fond of hunting and bravery , a smallish slim figure but stronghearted and intrepid is known to catch armed robbers with his bare hands.This Lion hearted youngman graduated from a semi-vigilante position to what I call security consultant used virtually by whereever armed robbers are a menace all across the north from Adamawa to Niger states and Kwara to Katsina and Sokoto to Benue and i believe even parts of the south. Government outfit and security agencies have made use of his consultancy where he works within a team of policemen or other security personal. He wears no uniform but is fond of black woven jumper and a Jukun type folded woven hunting cap to match when he is in in action. Large proportion of those who know his escapades believe that he has supernatural powers. (I believe he has unusual bravery). Ali is fully Nigerian and a nationalist although he retains the light skin from his Yemeni ancestry. His great grandfather was a Yameni immigrant who traded in leather and farm products in Nigeria in the 1930's 40's and 50's. Alis grandfather and farther are well known in their locality and excelled in their fields.He has many respected cousins and extended family.
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2012
jaybee:

[size=16pt]WHO IS ALI KWARA ?[/size]

AS COPIED FROM THE NET...

The grandson of a Yemeni house boy, Ali Kwara has gained fame as the scourge of robbers. Recently, he was in Adamawa State.
For eight years Ali Kwara, this great hunter of Fulani descent, has tracked down armed robbers for the police and state authorities. He uses all the skills he has developed in a lifetime of hunting animals in the bush, from Bauchi,Yobe, Gombe to Borno and the Chad border region.

Courtesy of his huge network of informants, including many of the armed robbers’ wives and siblings, he has delivered hundreds of outlaws to the police.

The grandson of a Yemeni house boy, Ali Kwara has gained fame as the scourge of robbers. Recently, he was in Adamawa State.
For eight years Ali Kwara, this great hunter of Fulani descent, has tracked down armed robbers for the police and state authorities. He uses all the skills he has developed in a lifetime of hunting animals in the bush, from Bauchi,Yobe, Gombe to Borno and the Chad border region.

Courtesy of his huge network of informants, including many of the armed robbers’ wives and siblings, he has delivered hundreds of outlaws to the police.

In these years of voluntary service to humanity, Kwara has gone from being well known in his remote home town of Azare, to being very famous across the nation. No wonder many people say he is a hero, a man who fights against something which everyone else fears. Though to some he could be a dangerous vigilante who takes the law into his own hands. While those who hate him say he must be in league with armed robbers; “How else could he know where they are, and how they operate?” they asked. But he told this reporter that he doesn’t get rattled by their sceptism.

Ali Kwara is a very wealthy man. The grandson of a Yemeni houseboy brought to Nigeria by a British administrator, Kwara inherited his father’s hide and skin business, building it up until he was making millions of naira every year in turnover, he says. Ali spent his childhood trekking and hunting in the bush around the north eastern states.

Any place he resides would finally, be full of guns, rifles, pistols, shotguns, some antiques, AK-47s, piles of ammunition and clips, all taken from the robbers he has hunted or have come to kill him.

Why He Storms Adamawa?

If not for the psychological trauma that was inflicted on her, penultimate Wednesday could have been a historic and joyful day for Efoma (not real name). Efoma was among the seven corps members that were still recuperating after being attacked by armed bandits along Jalingo-Yola road recently. They were attacked at gunpoint while coming to Yola, Adamawa state capital.

However, that fateful Wednesday was the end for some notorious armed robbers that have been terrorizing people of the state in the recent time, as they met their waterloo after engaging operatives of the state Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) who were assisted by Ali Kwara.

Before Kwara suddenly stormed the state, already there was palpable fear among residents, as they always lived in fear from 7:00 pm till day break, because of the almost daily robbery attacks being experienced.

Armed men usually on motorcycles and vehicles have been making life unbearable for the people. Victims had lost valuables to the attack ranging from money, handsets, clothing materials and jewelry. The activities of the gunmen were more prominent in the evening, when people were either returning from work or at the many shopping malls.

So, disturbed by the ever increasing rate of armed robbery, the members of the State Assembly unanimously called on security operatives, particularly the police, to intensify patrols, while government was asked to assist in providing logistics. Though, the lawmakers allayed fears that the state is under siege by heinous armed robbers, but they however stressed the need for the police not only to checkmate them, but also to brace up to the security challenges of the state.

In response to this, the state government was advised to invite the crime fighter, Ali Kwara,with a view to complementing the police in tracking-down these hardened criminals.

Willingly, he responded and already after the fashion of an amazing tale, there is much success which involves magic-like tactics by this thief-catcher.Armed robbers were ensnared not by the police, but rather by this celebrated vigilante named Ali Kwara.

Upon his arrival (though not publicly) wild celebration rent the air across residents and police formations especially in the state capital, with the news of the death of three notorious robbers. The notorious robbers, whose names were not revealed, had for many months been a thorn in the flesh of law enforcement agents. They have been terrorizing residents and attacking the major highways in the state.

In his usual brisk style, the man Ali Kwara got set for the eventuality. After hours of operations with the men of the state anti-robbery squad the end eventually came to the notorious gang, as three were shot dead along Mayo-Belwa-Zing road. In fact, the manner in which the robbers were killed was amazing, the way their invincibility was demystified was more enthralling.

The rifle carted away from the police were recovered, paving way for the release of the two police officers that were earlier detained at the state C.I.D for negligence that led to the successful armed robbery operations at the NNPC mega station.

Since then Ali Kwara has been a rather busy man in the state, personally arresting armed robbers, helping the Adamawa State police to eradicate crime. Even the state police commissioner Mr Adelere Shinaba, while parading the already shot armed robbers attests ’this man Ali Kwara has been helping the police to fight crime,’’ the CP has said.

Does Ali Kwara ever think about death? After he gave a long laugh, he answered, “Certainly not. Any Muslim considers death all the time. I used to say I wanted to die at someone else’s hand, to put my burden on them for the hereafter. But now, I think I have a family, I prefer to die at home with them around me. However, in any case I’m ready.”

On his many troubles with criminals, Ali Kwara rhetorically said, “The robbers heard about me and they started annoying me, looking for me, trying to kill me. They killed four of my friends. I thought if I leave them something will happen. So every time they came I took my double barrel, my hunting gun. And the police would come, and then when the fighting started the police ran away. I stayed and I succeeded.”

To this reporter a close encounter with Ali Kwara reveals a man who is as generous as he is dangerous, both cunning and charming.

How we killed killers of Katsina FMC director, by Ali Kwara

A popular robber-hunter, Alhaji Ali Kwara, has given a graphic account of how he tracked down and killed two dare-devil robbers suspected for the recent killing of an assistant director, finance of the Federal Medical Centre, Katsina, Alhaji Kabir Yahaya.
Ali Kwara who made the disclosure in an Interview with our correspondent yesterday in Katsina, noted that he worked on intelligence provided by a prime suspect to trace the assailants along Katsina-Charanchi road, where he said after a shootout with the police and his team, the two robbers were killed.
“His family gave us the serial number of the gun owned by the late director carted away by the assailants during an attack on his house. And when we killed these armed robbers we found them in possession of the gun and that was why we concluded they are the ones who killed him. We killed them none of them was captured alive”, he added.
According to him, this gang was the one terrorising the people of Katsina state, adding that one of them now in captivity had confessed to be responsible for multiple robberies in Batsari, Dutsin-ma, Mani, Karofi and Yandoma.
He said: “The first robber now in captivity who is from Zamfara state has given us information that his gang was responsible for over 50 robbery incidents in Katsina state. They have also disclosed to us those assisting them with arms and we are on their trail”.
The popular hunter lamented that 80 percent of those facilitating the release of arrested armed robbers were Hausa-Fulani, stressing that the government must be steadfast in checking the indiscriminate release of armed robbers.
He similarly advised governments at all levels to monitor closely the huge funds they release in the name of improving security, stating “if governments would not monitor the money it releases in the name of security then it should stop bothering itself on the issue of security”.
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
this not funny
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by ezejonas: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2012
why Nigeria police disgracing our country?
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by jimmyboy1010(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
OAM4J: Whao! Nigeria!
Long live Nigeria! Wonders shall never end!!!smiley
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by jimmyboy1010(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
morufoye: Ojo gbogbo ni tole ojo kan ni tolohun
God will continue to fish them out one by one... Awon oloriburuku gbogbo!.
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by Dede1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
The cases of armed robberies enunciated on this write-up in connection with arrested Custom Controller and the so-called Ali Kwara are confirmation of what has been obvious despite the attempt by certain moronic individuals to spin otherwise.

Most Nigerians, through the menace of diabolic news media, have attempted to inform undiscerning public that armed robbery, embezzlement of fund and other vices of antisocial decorum were endowment of people of southern Nigeria. I have state unequivocally that the people of northern Nigeria are as rotten as people of southern Nigeria.
Re: SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 11, 2012
grin damn funny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? / FG To Start Paying Ex-militants On Monday / My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.