Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash (14531 Views)

Protest In Chicago Over The Detention Of Zakzaky By Nigerian Army(photos) / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge / Boko-Haram Claims Victory Over Nigerian Army In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Dede1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2012
Of course, Mercedes or Toyota or Honda could be sued if product from any of the company is defective and leads to fatal accident. However, such vehicle must have been purchased from a recognized dealership and the buyer maintains factory stipulated services for the car.

If a person buys a car out of junk yard as in the case of DANA’s MD-83, the person has no legal grounds to sue a manufacturer for a defective product especially when the production of such product has been discontinued.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
I understand that the man is overcome with grief. At times like this is when a person really needs the comfort-of-soul that comes with knowing Christ.

That being said...if anyone is to be sued, it is whoever bought the plane and appropriated it for use to carry "nigerian monkeys whose lives they care not for" that is to be sued here.
That aside, what are Nigerians known for if not for having the worst maintenance record for anything?

I hope he wins the case...
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Ideraolu: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
Chinom:

YES, the guy is alright. His wife is dead, gone, finito, never comming back. Sitting down to weep, cry and shout will not bring his wife back. So he needs to seek revenge. His American Aviation attorney agrees with him. I hope he sues them for nothing les than $1billion. That is the Igbo spirit.

Revenge? a reward of $1.00 should be ok if he is not out for the money.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by tlops(m): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mass tort at its best.

if the plane was considerably new. he should have sued the servicing coy instead...
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Ideraolu: 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
ziddy: Sharp man is trying to hammer grin Odikwa serious.

U make me Laugh in japanese grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Callimo(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
Isaactop9: Ibo and money. Instead of mourning his wife who died he is looking for case to hammer cheesy he for sue GEJ than suing ppl that manufactured the plane long tym ago.

YOU ARE AN ASS-HOLE. FOOL kiss kiss kiss
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Callimo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete:

What 'bullsh!t' reasons?! What do you know? The investigation is ongoing...anything before that concludes is just pure hearsay.

We all know why the man is suing them...and it all leads to dollar signs. Happily enough, the chances of him winning anything are really remote.

Suing a manufacturer is not 'the least' he can do to quench his anger. Why didn't the victims of the tanker fire deaths in Lagos go and sue Toyota or Honda? Are their family members any less 'vexed'? You keep exposing your imbecility the more you make this brainless argument.

Floks like you souldnt be allowed here. i think your level of reasoning isn't matured enough for you to post in discussions of this level.

Do urself good by going back to shool to get smthing into ur empty head. DUNS
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Ideraolu: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
Callimo:

YOU ARE AN ASS-HOLE. FOOL kiss kiss kiss

Chei, See the injustice u 've done to English language..... abeg take am easy.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by gbengaijot(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
It is obvious that there are lots of ignorant people on this forum and they always LOVE to showcase their stupidity.

The issue of the crash is a sensitive one. I find it appalling that a lot of people are insulting the man who filed this law suit.

I bet because your family members are not directly related, you'll find it funny to attack someone who ios currently in grief over their loss and obviously unhappy that the crash could have been averted.

Suing the manufacturers will ensure that class action is taken on the issue. The man knows obviously that not much will come out of the Nigerian Investigation as to what exactly caused the plane to crash, but by suing manufacturers, the US govt/law will make them (manufacturers) take an interest into why the plane crashed.

If you find someones action to be confusing.....ask questions as to why they are taking the action instead of concludin g summarily and acting like keyboard jockey's typing sickening sentences.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Chinom(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Kobojunkie, May i refer you to an earlier comment by Texazzshit.Quote "with the strange middle name (unless someone's keyboard stuck!) " Maybe you can begin to understand my response. Try to be objective.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by guonno: 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
[b]
[center] THIS IS A POEM TITLED "NOW I KNOW" [/center]

NOW I KNOW Y BUILDINGS COLLAPSE AND NO BODY IS HELD RESPONSIBLE. NOW I KNOW Y OBASANJO COULD KILL HARMLESS CHILDREN AND PARENTS AND STILL WALK FREE. NOW I KNOW Y KUDIRATE WILL NEVER SMELL THE LEVEL OF JUSTICE SHE WOULD WANT. NOW I KNOW Y THE APO SIX POLICE MASSACRE BEGGED FOR JUSTICE TILL DATE. NOW I KNOW Y OIL SPILL WILL NEVER BE TAKEN SERIOUS UNLIKE WHAT WE SEE IN FOREIGN OIL SPILL. NOW I KNOW Y A POLICE RAPED A WOMAN TO DEATH AND WALK FREE. NOW I KNOW Y THE POLICE TRASH US WITH KOBOKO AFTER HITING OUR CAR, ASKING US TO FIX THEIR CAR. NOW I KNOW Y THE BLACK MANS LIFE EXPECTANCY IS VERY LOW. NOW I KNOW Y INNOCENT CHILDREN ARE TURNED INTO BOMBS IN THE NAME OF ALMAJERI. NOW I KNOW Y SOUTH AFRICA TAKES US FOR GRANTED. NOW I KNOW Y GHANA LOOKS DOWN ON US. NOW I KNOW Y MTN MOUNTS MAS BEHIND OUR HOME, INFESTING OUR SYSTEM WITH CANCEROUS PARTICLES. NOW I KNOW Y THE MCDONALD CASE SURPRISES STUPID NIGERIANS. NOW I KNOW Y WE SUBSCRIBE FOR MTN ETISALAT GLO ETC BUNDLES AND NEVER ENJOY OUR MONEY. NOW I KNOW Y NEPA(CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG) COULD DROP THEIR BILL AT THE END OF A LIGHT-LESS MONTH.

[center]NIGERIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF THEIR NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS, THEIR UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND BACKWARDNESS. THE NEXT TO BE DRAGED TO COURT IS MTN !!!!!![/center]

[center]
NOW I KNOW Y ANGELS PUT ON WHITE GARMENT AND DEVIL, BLACK GARMENT!!!!!
[/center]

[/b]
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by NegroNtns(m): 12:31am On Jun 09, 2012
David Chukwumonso Allison is throwing spaghetti on the wall and watching to see if it will stick. Who knows?? Perchance,. . . . .something intangible might be uncovered making Boeing and P&W tangibly culpable.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by NegroNtns(m): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2012
. . . oh by the way, the first thing Boeing will ask for is the maintenance log books and certifications for all the engineers and technicians that ever performed maintenance on the plane (powerplant, avionics, frame, radio, . . .name it!) and God helps Mr Allison that they are all correctly certified, no maintenance schedule was missed and that the plane itself is airworthy.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Jun 09, 2012
duplicate!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Jun 09, 2012
duplicate!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom: @Kobojunkie, May i refer you to an earlier comment by Texazzshit.Quote "with the strange middle name (unless someone's keyboard stuck!) " Maybe you can begin to understand my response. Try to be objective.

He has a right to his opinion. You are insulting him for seeing this differently. What if it turns out he is right, and it is some weirdo here in the states trying to get his own 15 minutes of fame. What do you do then?

Look, like I said, this does not make sense to me. This incident only happened on Sunday, and even before people have been able to claim the bodies of their loved ones at the morgue(yes, as at 12 am this morning, the news was still running that many of the families of the dead have yet to be allowed to see the remains of their loved ones), someone already filed a law suit, against, of all companies that company that supposedly manufactured this plane, which has probably changed hands more than once, since the 1980s(we are talking almost 30 years)? Come on!

So, forgive me for not seeing what your point is here. I don't believe you are being objective in this one bit.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Nnenna1(f): 2:23am On Jun 09, 2012
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by BSF: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2012
greateros: very smart man.

The manufacturers will be forced to investigate to find out the immediate and remote cause of the crash, they will come out with the conclusion that the plane is designed to serve for a maximum of 15 years then sent to the junkyard - but the very plane in question has been in service for 30 years!

The manufacturers will absolve themselves of any blame - The blame will then go to the airline operators for operating an expire plane!

With such evidence against the airline, the victim will now sue the airline operators to high-heavens!

He will hang the operators by the balls!

You have A 6TH SENSE grin
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by afrodiva: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2012
texazzpete:

Imbecility has eaten deep into your mind if you think a lawsuit against Alaska Air and Boeing would 'bring to light things that have been swept under the carpet in Nigeria'.
This lawsuit is nothing more than a greedy cash grab by aviation ambulance chaser Gary Robb...

The lawsuit is a 56 page document which u haven't read, but yuve already decided its a cash grab venture based on your
"Magically scientific" deductions. Who's the real imbe.c.i.l.e. here?
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by blackbeau1(f): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2012
Funny story or is there something I'm missing here? sueing the makers for a plane they made over twenty years ago.wen the best thing to do is to sue Dana airlines for flying a plane that had to make an emergency landing earlier in the week,a plane that was known to be unfit but yet was still used to transport people. Besides,he is allowing the greed of the mass tort bar to affect him. Those people don't care about his wife.just his pocket. As much as I understand his grief,I do not see the need for the lawsuit.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by mannyU: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2012
niddamugu: Senseless case....... Stupid man! He should go and mourn his wife. Let him put it this way - He buys a 2000 model Japanese tokunbo car here in nigeria and the car failed brakes and killed all the passengers in the car. A victim's husband decides to sue the Japanese company because the car was manufactured there.....

Real stupidity at work here. is 16m not enough for him ?.....

I seriously think u d 1 being senseless n stupid here. Car n plane r desame abi?? Fool
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Chinom(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

He has a right to his opinion. You are insulting him for seeing this differently. What if it turns out he is right, and it is some weirdo here in the states trying to get his own 15 minutes of fame. What do you do then?

Look, like I said, this does not make sense to me. This incident only happened on Sunday, and even before people have been able to claim the bodies of their loved ones at the morgue(yes, as at 12 am this morning, the news was still running that many of the families of the dead have yet to be allowed to see the remains of their loved ones), someone already filed a law suit, against, of all companies that company that supposedly manufactured this plane, which has probably changed hands more than once, since the 1980s(we are talking almost 30 years)? Come on!

So, forgive me for not seeing what your point is here. I don't believe you are being objective in this one bit.

SO DO I !!. "nuff said. And for the fools comparing an Aircraft (Plane) with a car(Toyota or Honda), why don't you stretch it as far as the Bicycle and Okada ?.If you granpa falls off his bicycle in the village, you should sue Raleigh or Batavus. I-di-otic comparisons.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
Chinom:

SO DO I !!. "nuff said. And for the fools comparing an Aircraft (Plane) with a car(Toyota or Honda), why don't you stretch it as far as the Bicycle and Okada ?.If you granpa falls off his bicycle in the village, you should sue Raleigh or Batavus. I-di-otic comparisons.

Again, this product (car, plane,computer, bicycle, Okada) left the manufacturer's lot in the 1980's. If you are aware of how warranties work in the US, it pretty much works about the same no matter what kind of product you are dealing with. Whether you are talking of a car, a small plane at least, once you take it off the lot, and you make changes to it, or the warranty expires, you are on your own, and the manufacturer cannot do anything about the situation.

On the person saying that this might cause Boeing to demand information be revealed of the crash, I doubt that will happen because I don't believe Boeing has that power in this. I mean Boeing lost ownership of it when the plane left their lot, and even more so when the warranty expired. I am pretty certain the warranty much have expired by now.

I really do not understand why you are FUMING over this? Are you related to the man in question?
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by daylae(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
The plane must have been certified to be safe for operations,so boeing has no case to answer. And for crying out loud, the 'flying coffin' was said to be over twenty yrs old,and sheer ineptitude and greed of our airline operators is sure a major cause of our one too many plane crashes in recent years. These planes are delibrately subjected to ill-maintainance so as to cut business cost,whereby playing 'russian roulette' with innocent lives. And our airline regulators are just as guity in this crime.

I understand his grief,and the least he could do is taking a law suit.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
daylae: The plane must have been certified to be safe for operations,so boeing has no case to answer. And for crying out loud, the 'flying coffin' was said to be over twenty yrs old,and sheer ineptitude and greed of our airline operators is sure a major cause of our one too many plane crashes in recent years. These planes are delibrately subjected to ill-maintainance so as to cut business cost,whereby playing 'russian roulette' with innocent lives. And our airline regulators are just as guity in this crime.

I understand his grief,and the least he could do is taking a law suit.

There are planes over 40 years old, flying elsewhere on this same planet. These planes are generally well maintained and are yet to crash. You folks should stop spreading this senseless rumour that it has to do with age. In cuba, most 99% of the cars there are over 60 years old, but they are well maintained and drive like new. Compare them to the less than 20 year old messes that ply Nigerian roads to this day?
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by daylae(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

There are planes over 40 years old, flying elsewhere on this same planet. These planes are generally well maintained and are yet to crash. You folks should stop spreading this senseless rumour that it has to do with age. In cuba, most 99% of the cars there are over 60 years old, but they are well maintained and drive like new. Compare them to the less than 20 year old messes that ply Nigerian roads to this day?

well,there are few things that are usually responsible for planes falling from the sky: >human error(either from the manufacturers,maintainance engineers,or the pilots etc)>bad maintainance>the age of the plane(due to depreciation)>bad wheather. But the age of a plane is a prime factor,even with good maintainance. No matter how beautifully you patch an old cloth,you can't turn it into a new one. Why do you think that old and tired planes are bought to fly in our skies here? Its because they are less expensive,which shows they need high level of maintainance that sadly are not given.

let's start from purchasing planes that are at least less than ten yrs old,and with good maintainance,you'll see how drastically air casualties will reduce.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
daylae:

well,there are few things that are usually responsible for planes falling from the sky: >human error(either from the manufacturers,maintainance engineers,or the pilots etc)>bad maintainance>the age of the plane(due to depreciation)>bad wheather. But the age of a plane is a prime factor,even with good maintainance. No matter how beautifully you patch an old cloth,you can't turn it into a new one. Why do you think that old and tired planes are bought to fly in our skies here? Its because they are less expensive,which shows they need high level of maintainance that sadly are not given.

let's start from purchasing planes that are at least less than ten yrs old,and with good maintainance,you'll see how drastically air casualties will reduce.

Again . . . .
Kobojunkie:

There are planes over 40-years old, flying elsewhere on this same planet. These planes are generally well maintained and are yet to crash. You folks should stop spreading this senseless rumour that it has to do with age.

In cuba, most 99% of the cars there are over 60 years old, but they are well maintained and drive like new. Compare them to the less than 20 year old messes that ply Nigerian roads to this day?

Even a 10 year old plane that is not well-maintained will have likely develop some major problems in first 2 months of it's use. Maintenance is key. If you do not maintain a 1-year-old plane, it is equally likely to develop problems serious enough to cause a crash.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by daylae(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . . .

Even a 10 year old plane that is not well-maintained will have likely develop some major problems in first 2 months of it's use. Maintenance is key. If you do not maintain a 1-year-old plane, it is equally likely to develop problems serious enough to cause a crash.
both equally maintained,will you rather board a 40 yr old plane or 10 yr old one when travelling,and you are given the chance to choose? Be realistic!
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
daylae:
both equally maintained,will you rather board a 40 yr old plane or 10 yr old one when travelling,and you are given the chance to choose? Be realistic!

When I board a plane, I don't think much about how old it is. I mean it may come as a shock to you but many people don't go researching the age of the plane they are scheduled to fly on, is. They don't obsess about such things because they know that is not the primary matter.
What I care more about is knowing that the aircraft was properly maintained, and checked before my flight. That is it. In most cases, it is hard to tell, just by looking, how old a plane is, and it should be so.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by daylae(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

When I board a plane, I don't think much about how old it is. I mean it may come as a shock to you but many people don't go researching the age of the plane they are scheduled to fly on, is. They don't obsess about such things because they know that is not the primary matter.
What I care more about is knowing that the aircraft was properly maintained, and checked before my flight. That is it. In most cases, it is hard to tell, just by looking, how old a plane is, and it should be so.

Kobojunkie:

Again . . . .

probably because commercial airline operators don't go telling their customer how old their planes are before flying. But should you have the oppurtunity,i know you'll make a wise choice just like many others will.

You sholuld know by now that am not rulling out the issue of maintainance,but it will get to a stage where even a high level of maintainance done on an old manchine will be insignificant due to depreciation,and the incompatability of new spare parts with the manchine.

We have BA operating in nigeria too,and how many times have you heard about their planes nose-diving from the sky? Or do you think DANA AIR wouldn't like to purchase new plane too? Check the yrs of those ill-fated planes over the decade,and you'll figure out that all are more than 20yrs old.
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
daylae:

Can you PLEASE refrain from speaking confidently of things you know little about?

American Airlines in the UK flies 197 MacDonnell Douglas planes. Average age of these 197 planes is 20.4 years
The US Air Force has transport and refuelling planes that are over 40 years old.
The last B-52H bomber was delivered to the US Air Force in 1963. The B-52 bomber fleet is now 49 years old. The US Air Force plans to fly these planes up to 2040 - 2044 when they'll be 83 years old.
And that isn't the exception.

So don't feed us this bullcrap line of age of plane being a prime factor. With poor maintenance or any other factor, even a new plane will crash. The Air France plane that crashed off the coast of Brazil was just 4 years old and was massive overhauled (making it as good as new) just months before it crashed. 216 people died that day

Best you focus on the real issue which is poor maintenance culture and remember that an airplane is NOT a car
Re: Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
daylae:

probably because commercial airline operators don't go telling their customer how old their planes are before flying. But should you have the oppurtunity,i know you'll make a wise choice just like many others will.
I do have the opportunity. Millions of people do, but like I said, they do not care much about the. And you only, yourself started carrying as a result of what happened on sunday. Many Nigerians never even knew this information was available, nor did they care at all, until Sunday's tragedy. So don't you now pretend this has always mattered to Nigerians.
daylae:
You sholuld know by now that am not rulling out the issue of maintainance,but it will get to a stage where even a high level of maintainance done on an old manchine will be insignificant due to depreciation,and the incompatability of new spare parts with the manchine.
Wrong! Maintainence takes precendence over the age of a plane, in the mind of majority of the millions that fly the skies around the world.
daylae:
We have BA operating in nigeria too,and how many times have you heard about their planes nose-diving from the sky? Or do you think DANA AIR wouldn't like to purchase new plane too? Check the yrs of those ill-fated planes over the decade,and you'll figure out that all are more than 20yrs old.

The main reason why BA planes have not taken a nose-dive is because they are also well maintained. This is the first time you have heard of a Dana Air craft taking a nose dive, yet here you are fuming as if this is regular place.

Cut the crap already. Even the US Airforce has planes that were first flown back in 1974, that are still flying to this day. We are talking Planes That are nearing 40 years of age still being flown in the US of A.

Stop Pretending you even understand anything of this. None of you AKIKAs would have even known anything of the age of the planes had sunday's tragedy not happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bassey Akpan Seeks Amnesty For Looters Of Government Coffers / Osinbajo Seeks Senate's Approval For $1.5 Billion Loan / Igboho Denies Plan To Attack Alake Of Egbaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.