Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians (726 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: Tell Nigerians Who The Looters Are, How Much They Returned / Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Genbuhari3: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2012
[/b][b][b][/b]Leaders of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) yesterday in Kaduna urged Nigerians to expect a positive change in the nation’s electoral fortune in 2015.

There have been speculations of a possible merger of the two parties. Yesterday, a meeting between the leaders of both parties lent credence to a working alliance between them.

ACN National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his CPC counterpart, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, said the nation should expect a positive change in 2015. They were silent on the likely merger of both parties.

Asked whether the nation should expect a formidable opposition, especially during the 2015 elections, Buhari said: “Certainly. We are likely to see a formidable opposition in 2015.” Tinubu said: “We are not talking about opposition. I hate to interrupt. We hope to see a positive change in 2015 and not opposition. We don’t want to be perpetually in opposition. Every politician wants an opportunity to govern.”

The ACN National Leader said his visit to Kaduna was to reciprocate a similar gesture by Gen Buhari ,who visited him at his Lagos home.

He said: “This is a return visit to the general who paid us a courtesy call in Lagos. As politicians, we discussed generally the situation in the country and how we can help to ameliorate the situation and help solve the problems.”

On the possibility of the ACN and the CPC merging to form a formidable opposition to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015, Tinubu said: “I will allow you to make your wise judgment about that. I am a politician and not a magician. I will rather allow you to wait until the pigeon is out of the hat.

“I told you at the beginning that the doors were left open. We are not part of any secret arrangement. Politics is not a dark room event. It is open and transparent. The ability to work with one another and set a common agenda is the purpose. We are still looking for areas where we can help our nation.

“As you know, patriotism is putting the national interest above self. If we have security agencies that are charged with the security of this country at the expense of their lives, then, the leaders must be able to make sacrifices and be flexible enough and accommodate and help to redirect. It is not just anybody who can steer the ship of the nation. It takes exceptional leadership virtue to steer the course of things to a proper destination.”

On the state of the nation, Tinubu said: “I am not going to be specific. We talked about the national patriotism and the direction the country is going as well as the need for a change. That change might be about us having a government of our own.”

The former Lagos State governor also spoke on the last 13 years of democracy in Nigeria.

He said: “Every democrat must be able to sacrifice for a free and fair election. Any democrat must be able to celebrate and accept the result of free and fair elections to deserve the joy of victory. But every democrat too must resist abuse of power, manipulation and irregular victories in elections.

“We have areas that even if we are not in the same political party, we can collaborate. We will not be able to face this country straight and talk to the cameras and look at Nigerians as a people and give a reason whatsoever on why we have not been able to promote the course of free and fair elections and the rule of law.”

Others at the meeting include Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun; his Ekiti State counterpart, Dr Kayode Fayemi; ACN chieftain, Mr Audu Ogbe and the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/49493-expect-positive-change-in-2015-tinubu-buhari-tell-nigerians.html

I am liking this!
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by werepeLeri: 8:03am On Jun 08, 2012
and whats the euphoria all about?
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by abacus(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
werepeLeri: and whats the euphoria all about?
Because your days are numbered on Nairaland. GEJ leaves you have no job. No more propaganda.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by werepeLeri: 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
abacus: Because your days are numbered on Nairaland. GEJ leaves you have no job. No more propaganda.

daft
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by abacus(m): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2012
grin tongue
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by NegroNtns(m): 12:57am On Jun 09, 2012
A merger is unlikely. . .a coalition maybe!
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2012
Coalition/merger my arse! Where are the other political parties? We ought to get interested in green movements out there. If Change is what we want then we need to reduce the powers of PDP and ACN in Nigeria.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by NegroNtns(m): 1:20am On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: Coalition/merger my arse! Where are the other political parties? We ought to get interested in green movements out there. If Change is what we want then we need to reduce the powers of PDP and ACN in Nigeria.

. . .shut up there! who is this "we"? green movement ko, purple comrade ni!
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jun 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . .shut up there! who is this "we"? green movement ko, purple comrade ni!

Again . . .

Kobojunkie: Coalition/merger my arse! Where are the other political parties? We ought to get interested in green movements out there. If Change is what we want then we need to reduce the powers of PDP and ACN in Nigeria.

If you do not want to be a part "change", it is ok to continue helping the problem along.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by NegroNtns(m): 1:30am On Jun 09, 2012
The coalition is what brings you the change. What change is better than one in which ACN is an active partner? Everything socially and politically progressive for this country has emerged out of West. We can go as far back as memory would allow and recount the many progressive ideas, actions and legacies that was pioneered by the West.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Jun 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: The coalition is what brings you the change. What change is better than one in which ACN is an active partner? Everything socially and politically progressive for this country has emerged out of West. We can go as far back as memory would allow and recount the many progressive ideas, actions and legacies that was pioneered by the West.

No coalition will bring such. As long as we have the same bands of criminals walking around from party to party, talking change is simply,in that situation, will be suggesting we continue to move the very same pieces around, as we have done the last 12 years, expecting something different, again.

What we need is to reduce the power of such parties as ACN, and PDP. And a good way to do this is to look for greener politicians who are still very much removed from the current, to give some of that power to.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Brixtonyute(m): 2:03am On Jun 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: The coalition is what brings you the change. What change is better than one in which ACN is an active partner? Everything socially and politically progressive for this country has emerged out of West. We can go as far back as memory would allow and recount the many progressive ideas, actions and legacies that was pioneered by the West.

Chief, why are you arguing with the re/tard? You're not on her level, don't let her drag you to her psychotic level.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by dasparrow: 3:34am On Jun 09, 2012
abacus: Because your days are numbered on Nairaland. GEJ leaves you have no job. No more propaganda.

LOL grin

@Post

We are watching and waiting to see what 2015 will bring, merger or no merger. Our politicians have made so many promises over the years but hardly fulfilled any. I am not holding my breath. 2015 is right around the corner so we will see.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Jun 09, 2012
Not until the Nigerian people decide for change, will change come. All this is just the same old band of politicians making new plans on how to hold on to power come 2015.
Re: Expect Positive Change In 2015, Tinubu, Buhari Tell Nigerians by StarrMatthieu: 3:51am On Jun 09, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]many thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can You Belive This????? / Boko Haram ‘likely’ To Attack Lagos And Ibadan In Next Few Weeks - AOKOYA / 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.