Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences (39654 Views)

How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / The Importance Of NYSC In The Labour Market? / How Relevant Is National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) In This Dispensation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 09, 2012
Well I served in lagos and enjoyed my service year!!! I served in a private firm on the island and the pay was good,.. Though no accomodation from d company but there was always a free air-conditioned staff bus that picks me up from my estate gate down to work and brings me back after work.... They also served us lunch 3times a week and gave us extra pay if u decided to work on d any weekend....they also retained most corpers after their service year but posted them to other branches in the far east but I wasn't willing to go that far(east) to work so I didn't take the offer... But now I hear serviving in lagos has to do with teaching, agriculture, ministry and d likes....
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by moshoodn(m): 3:28am On Jun 09, 2012
fleps:
Dis guy still dey dream sha! Him no know say na classroom tinz NYSC dey now!

NOT EVERYONE. . . PEOPLE STILL SERVE IN PRIVATES FOR YOUR INFO !!!
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by moshoodn(m): 3:32am On Jun 09, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
D'ya mean standard of living or cost of living? 'Cause they're two very different things.

HMMMMM. . . DIFF REALLY ??

AS FAR AS I KNOW, HIGH STANDARDS COMES WITH HIGH COST AND VICE VERSA. . . FORGET LITTLE EXCEPTIONS.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by moshoodn(m): 3:37am On Jun 09, 2012
count sparrow: Anything on ogun, do their schools, ministries and local governments pay? if yes, how much?

MEAGRE #5,000. . .
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 09, 2012
chel-sy:
I regret working my posting to lagos state cos of dis new posting policy wch started wid our batch(A). For the aspiring corpers, pls if u dnt have any plan for accommodation n transportation u better work it to a place that u re sure of.. Lagos state govt pays only 600 corpers in every batch n d rest are on voluntary service... Trust me 80% of batch A corpers are not smilling cos we re only receiving fed alawi wch goes down on transportation n feeding..

Buheehehehhhhheeehhheeehhhhheeehhhhhheeehhheehehhe*rolls off the bed and falls 'piat!'on the floor*
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by 9zeros(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2012
Walala: I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

This NYSC thing is suffer-head because when i went to register in Abuja, the hustle was too much not to talk of a year of suffering in that Lagos Heat. I am scheduled to return to Lag on June 28th for picking up call up letter and then camp follows the week after but I am willing to pay someone who can do all this nonsense for me. Coming from America, I cant stay in no school or share bathroom e.t.c

Please i need a hook up with ppl who attend camp on peoples behalf. I already have someone who is going to do the one year thing for me. grin grin grin
murdafoka.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by wuwu(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
What as ur country done for u?ur leaders are busy sharing wealth while we are suffering here..dis nysc of a tin shld be scrap I don't see anytin dere...jst a wasteful time and money for d fg..
waters2012:

These are the kind of people that make this country sick. tsssfa

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by milanseedorf(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
Am currently serving in lagos and its notin to write home about.
1 the traffic is so fucking bad. I wake by 5 and get home by 8 or 9 evryday
2 if u dnt have somebody to stay with u beta go 2 anoda state
3 my office pple no d gree peson rest
4 nysc officials are nt friendly at all
In general dnt waste ur time cuming 2 lag especially nw dat na only class tins
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by lioncoolst(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2012
toria1980: hello guys
a word of advice from you to me

i will b graduating dis year from sch in d UK and am thinking of coming back to naija to serve

with all this comment about NYSC, am confused..... i need your advice if its ok to come back home and serve my country
Toria. I served a while ago, but my friends from oversea universities got to choose their places of postings, so i presume that this rule applies across the board. Altho i advise u verify dis. What did you study? Do u have peep in Lagos? Do u have energy? Can u cope with stress? Lagos stress I mean? cool
toria1980: hello guys
a word of advice from you to me

i will b graduating dis year from sch in d UK and am thinking of coming back to naija to serve

with all this comment about NYSC, am confused..... i need your advice if its ok to come back home and serve my country
Toria. I served a while ago, but my friends from oversea universities got to choose their places of postings, so i presume that this rule applies across the board. Altho i advise u verify dis. What did you study? Do u have peep in Lagos? Do u have energy? Can u cope with stress? Lagos stress I mean?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2012
I served in Lagos in 2009 after 7 years sojourn abroad.....for sure it was not rosy, but there are still goodies there.....it gave me the chance to integrate back into the society, made new friends and got a job thru the process. Your course of study will play a major role, if you have anywhere in mind to serve, it is easy so far u have a letter from the organization(as at then cos I dont know of now). It was a mixture of life experience.....the good and the bad....Anyhow..it was fun!!!!!! Accommodation and Traveling to PPA is the major issue. All the best.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by DisGuy: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2012
Can anyone explain what the actually Lagos Camp is like, where you spend the first 2=3 weeks
is there water now, and how congested is it ? is it safe?

Anyone with Lagos/Abuja/Ilorin Camp experience
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by slimyem: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
Dis Guy: Can anyone explain what the actually Lagos Camp is like, where you spend the first 2=3 weeks
is there water now, and how congested is it ? is it safe?

Anyone with Lagos/Abuja/Ilorin Camp experience
it is usually congested with about 30 people in one room i.e 15 bunks or more.
Water is fairly available.
Every morning and most nights.
It is safe enough too!
But is it fun?Not really.
No place for hideouts or questionable activities!cheesycheesy
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by DisGuy: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
slimyem: it is usually congested with about 30 people in one room i.e 15 bunks or more.
Water is fairly available.
Every morning and most nights.
It is safe enough too!
But is it fun?Not really.
No place for hideouts or questionable activities!cheesycheesy

thank you
30 people in one room? chei
I heard the bathrooms are open/outdoors, true/false
is it compulsory to sleep in the camp overnight?
what happens after the early morning exercise , what do corpers do afterwards?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by slimyem: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Dis Guy:

thank you
30 people in one room? chei
I heard the bathrooms are open/outdoors, true/false
is it compulsory to sleep in the camp overnight?
what happens after the early morning exercise , what do corpers do afterwards?
bathrooms are indoor!
..and yes,you have to sleep in camp except you get a kinda exeat or something for a real reason.
After morning exercises,you eat and go for lectures and bla bla..
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by DisGuy: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
slimyem: bathrooms are indoor!
..and yes,you have to sleep in camp except you get a kinda exeat or something for a real reason.
After morning exercises,you eat and go for lectures and bla bla..

thanks

what will happen if corpers dont sleep in camp for some days?
is there like a register to know who's attending these lectures, the the lectures compulsory?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by bukahands(m): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Can I be posted to NNPC, Chevron and total and co or how can I influence it
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by nitrogen(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2012
bukahands: Can I be posted to NNPC, Chevron and total and co or how can I influence it
Yes, you can, its very simple, just go to these coys and tell them you are a corper, u will be allowed to serve automatically. Sefini.

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by emmy99(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
cool tana tana tana u wanna serve in lasgidi? Wish u all d best bro
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by DisGuy: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
any more info?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Tanfikos: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
emmy99: cool tana tana tana u wanna serve in lasgidi? Wish u all d best bro

Baba mi, Thanks sire.... Make e pure first
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by BZhony(f): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2012
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by BZhony(f): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2012
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 19, 2012
moshoodn:

NOT EVERYONE. . . PEOPLE STILL SERVE IN PRIVATES FOR YOUR INFO !!!

How come........
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Valentinooo: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
It's like the issue of accommodation is the biggest challenge for corpers serving in lag
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
Walala:
I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

This NYSC thing is suffer-head because when i went to register in Abuja, the hustle was too much not to talk of a year of suffering in that Lagos Heat. I am scheduled to return to Lag on June 28th for picking up call up letter and then camp follows the week after but I am willing to pay someone who can do all this nonsense for me. Coming from America, I cant stay in no school or share bathroom e.t.c

Please i need a hook up with ppl who attend camp on peoples behalf. I already have someone who is going to do the one year thing for me. grin grin grin
someone dog's on the loose.

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by butanep(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
lily2012:
it a gud experience to serve in lagos.
i pass out feb and i was nt accommodated.
ministry pay 15k why state govt schools pay 15k.
telecom company like visafone pay 35k, Etisalat pay 50k,Zoom mobile pay 22600.
NNPC 25k,Chevron 27k,
talk about where most corpers are posted to which is school. How many person re lucky enough to be posted to such organization if not legged...

My dear serving in lagos is not easy ooo... standard of living is very high except you are in rural environment...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections. / Ondo Corpers Doze Off During Anti-corruption Lecture At Orientation Camp (Pics) / Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.