Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt (857 Views)

Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / Fashion Designer Excretes 44 Wraps Of Cocaine (Pictured) / Man Excretes 70 Wraps Of Cocaine In NDLEA Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Abagworo(m): 1:56am On Jun 09, 2012
A 56-year-old woman, Mrs.  Yusu Rabiat Olabisi, has been arrested at the Port Harcourt International Airport for allegedly ingesting 70 wraps of cocaine.

The mother of six from Osogbo, Osun State, was nabbed by some eagle-eyed officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) as she was about boarding a Lufthansa flight to  London via Frankfurt.

After her arrest, which was based on the suspicion that she buried some hard drugs in her stomach, she was detained  and  placed under close watch of the anti-narcotic agents. The intuition of the agents did not fail them as  the grandmother started ‘delivering’ wraps of cocaine, weighing  1.06 kilogrammes and  valued at over N10 million.

NDLEA also recovered the sum of 1,000 pounds  from the suspect. It was gathered that Madam Olabisi was to receive a total of 3,000 pounds for the trip. She was given an advance payment of 1,000 pounds and was supposed  to be paid the balance of 2,000 pounds after successful  delivery of  the drugs.

Reacting to the arrest of the suspect, the Commander of NDLEA, Port Harcourt International Airport, Mr. Olutekunbi Davis, expressed worry about the increasing  number of women in drug trafficking. He said: “It  is sad I must say, that the crop of arrested couriers in recent times are females who are supposed to be revered as mothers of the nation but have decided not only to soil the good image of motherhood but hell-bent on dragging the image of the nation in the mud.”

He vowed that the agency was determined to arrest those he described as “few unscrupulous elements” before they destroy the future of the country. He reiterated his earlier  promise that, despite the renovation work at the airport, which saw the sensitive scanning machine dismantled, the agency would  make it difficult  for traffickers to use it as exit point.

According to him, arrangements were in top gear to acquire portable scanning machines to assist them in their job till the renovation work was completed. “The renovation going on at the airport is a challenge to us but we are on top of the situation to ensure that Port Harcourt International Airport does not become a transit point for drug trafficking,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/woman-56-‘delivers’-70-wraps-cocaine-pharcourt
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Jun 09, 2012
What does delivers mean? She had to poop it out since even women do not deliver babies from their rectum. What is wrong with these journalists of ours. They pi** me off.
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Germannig: 2:31am On Jun 09, 2012
''A 56-year-old woman, Mrs. Yusu Rabiat Olabisi, has been arrested at the Port Harcourt International Airport for allegedly ingesting 70 wraps of cocaine.''

Sounds familiar? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by fstranger6: 3:11am On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: What does delivers mean? She had to poop it out since even women do not deliver babies from their rectum. What is wrong with these journalists of ours. They pi** me off.

you are indeed very stupiddddd. with your horrible English, you wan dey form? If you could do better, why not become a journalist? ode oshi

verb: relinquish possession or control over
http://www.onelook.com/?w=deliver&ls=a
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by bashr8: 3:23am On Jun 09, 2012
i see , i bet she thought lagos airport don cast so portharcourt airport is the way to go , smart yoruba woman.
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: What does delivers mean? She had to poop it out since even women do not deliver babies from their rectum. What is wrong with these journalists of ours. They pi** me off.
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by moshoodn(m): 4:40am On Jun 09, 2012
WHEN WILL NIGERIANS EVER LEARN ??

AT THAT OLD AGE, STILL PEDDLING ?? NA WA O.
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by icez: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Austinodark(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2012
From osun state
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Ejine(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2012

I believe 'delivers', in this context, is to forfeit and lose control of something. ie 'hand over'.

It doesn't always have to mean reproduction.
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 09, 2012
fstranger6:

you are indeed very stupiddddd. with your horrible English, you wan dey form? If you could do better, why not become a journalist? ode oshi

verb: relinquish possession or control over
http://www.onelook.com/?w=deliver&ls=a
Why not post ur comment without insultin people?
@topic, the journalist should go back to school, excret should have been the right word to use.
Meanwhile, so this drug business isn't that lucrative as nollywood made us believe. 3000pounds doesn't worth the risk
Re: Woman, 56, ‘delivers’ 70 Wraps Of Cocaine At P/harcourt by moshoodn(m): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2012

WELL, ITS A CAPTION!!

captions are meant to be catchy.

Besides, its in a quote, , , and I guess you know what that means.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of 'Mad People' / A Nairalander With President Goodluck Jonathan,the First Lady And Children{pics} / Gunmen Rob Family Conveying Remains Of Son Killed By Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.