Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp (2450 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by tobiit(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2007
I have a new laptop which came with Vista Basic, but I really don't like it, so how do i downgrade Window XP. Although i have tried installing XP it but not working. Your tech support is highly, welcome please bring it in.
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by Ralvy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2007
Downgrade . . . ha-ha! lol
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by dozymars(m): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
What u need to do is first, go to the bios setup and check for SATA settings and disable it. With this done u can install XP. The problem is u might not have the option of booting to windows vista at startup if u want it that way too and u would need to install the required drivers that u can use on XP environment from the internet,which can be accessed from ur laptop manufacturer site.
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by Ralvy(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2007
dozrmars made some points shocked

yh! thats true , after installing WIndows XP, there's a tendency that Windows Vista might not show up during startup! this is true, but there are several articles with ways to dual boot Windows Vista/XP. You will need a small handy tool called "Easy BCD" - Google for that!

dozymars:

if u want it that way too and u would need to install the required drivers that u can use on XP.

My Dear Friend, when did an Operating System become a Device . . ?

First of all, What are Drivers?

I understand a driver to be a program that controls a device. Every device, whether it be a printer, disk drive, or keyboard, must have a driver program. Many drivers, such as the keyboard driver, come with the operating system. For other devices, you may need to load a new driver when you connect the device to your computer. In DOS systems, drivers are files with a.SYS extension. In Windows environments, drivers often have a.DRV extension.

It was not mentioned any where that an OS is a device, and drivers are required to have your OS show up on Grub [oops, sorry - linux addict] grin errmm . . .on the Windows Boot Loader.

So Please, explain if I made a mistake somewhr!
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by Ralvy(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2007
@Poster:
Click here to read this Guide on how to dual boot Windows XP and Windows Vista.
I recommend that you leave Windows Vista installed on the Machine!
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by dozymars(m): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2007
Mr Ralsvy, u seem not to understand my sentence, from ur contribution it shows u are the theoritical type.
To explain further drivers or softwares for devices installed on a computer system would have to runned on a platform and that platform is windows. Windows vista and windows xp are the two platform having this issue of drivers, with these there exist different drivers for these devices like vga card,sound card,modem etc.
That is to say vga driver for vista is different from vga driver for xp.
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by techkid: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2007
i can do this easily for you at 5k or better still i can load both operating systems for you at 7k

call me on 08034955339

cheers
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by naijafan(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
@techkid.
that form of knowledge is supposed to be shared freely. it floats all over the internet - those who pay for it might as well be dubbed idiots
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by pin4eva(f): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
techkid my foot
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by mcmsat(m): 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2007
Some people correct when they need correction! Sometimes I hate some replies in nairaland angry. At first, Ralvy laughed- no suggestion to the poster of the thread! Then dozymars replied with what will help the poster and he came out without first understanding dozymars's statement and started claiming to be wiser!

@dozymars never mind these set of people! They must surely gather but if their gathering is not for NAIRALANDERS, they will scatter!!! grin
Re: Downgrade From Vista Basic To Xp by sabmack(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Dozymars

You are correct. I don't think Ralvy is a computer Engineer. He should keep quite in things he seems not to be well grounded in. A lot of people come here to talk what they like not minding the fact that this is open to the world where experts most of the issues raised here also make contributions.

(1) (Reply)

Ps2 Emulator For Vista / Direct On Pc Unwired / Broken Acer Screen! Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.