Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

French Open Final: Nadal Van Djokovic (with Stat) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Open Final: Nadal Van Djokovic (with Stat) (512 Views)

Rafael Nadal Wins Eighth French Open Title / Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

French Open Final: Nadal Van Djokovic (with Stat) by realsammie(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal, the world's two best players, will become the
first men to contest four successive Grand Slam finals when they meet
tomorrow in the climax to the French Open.
The gap between the two men and their nearest rivals was emphasised by the ease
of their semi-final victories yesterday. Djokovic beat Roger Federer 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 to
avenge the defeat by the Swiss that ended his 43-match winning run at the same
stage of this tournament last year, while Nadal needed just an hour and 46 minutes
to trounce David Ferrer 6-2, 6-2, 6-1. Federer and Ferrer were the first pair of thirty-
something men to make the semi-finals at a Grand Slam tournament for nine years,
but had no answer to the excellence of the 25-year-old Serb and the 26-year-old
Spaniard.
Djokovic regards Nadal as the favourite, but the Spaniard will be aware that he
would create an unwelcome piece of history if he were to lose in the final for a
record fourth Grand Slam tournament in succession. At least he has managed to
break Djokovic's hold on him during the current-clay court season by beating him in
Monte Carlo and Rome, having earlier lost to the Serb in seven successive finals.
However, Djokovic's confidence is understandably sky-high. "I believe I'm at the
peak of my career," he said. "I've been playing the best tennis of my life in the last
year and a half, and I should use that to boost my confidence and try to get my
hands on title. Why not?"
STAT MAGIC
49.Career titles won by Rafa Nadal ahead of tomorrow's final
5. Tomorrow will be the fifth consecutive Slam final contested by Nadal
4. Nadal and Djokovic will contest their fourth straight Grand Slam final
43. Djokovic is trying to become the first man in 43 years to hold all four Slam titles
at the same time.
28. Twenty eight of the last 29 Slams have gone to Nadal, Djokovic or Federer

NADAL,u have beaten him twice this year and u can do it again
Re: French Open Final: Nadal Van Djokovic (with Stat) by zangiff(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
I see nadal wining this cuz its clay soil

(1) (Reply)

Tiger Woods Fails To Rebound In US Open Golf 2012 / Anelka In Spat With Shanghai Shenhua Fan / Who Owns The Medal, Athletes Or Countries Represent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.