Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. (19699 Views)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf:

Simple as ABC. cool
Any sensible person would resign and let the system take over.

It would take some degree of insanity for anyone to jail their father, especially if he is a loving and caring parent. If the system is worth its salt, then someone else would do the jailing after the child has resigned.
I love you brother, let those hypocrites keep spewing rubbish, anyway, I dont blame some of them, they never had parental love, some are even born-throw-away.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf:

Simple as ABC. cool
Any sensible person would resign and let the system take over.

It would take some degree of insanity for anyone to jail their father, especially if he is a loving and caring parent. If the system is worth its salt, then someone else would do the jailing after the child has resigned.
if he's a loving n caring father, den he wouldnt ve commit crime

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by djsmart(m): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
that is a courageous man who worth to be honour for.if nowadays YOUTH can discipline themselves for justice in this country,i belief things will move on smoothly.corrruption,injustice,unfaithfulness and embezelment start with YOUTH.lets join hands together for better NIGERIA.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Beaf: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
Bleble-swag:

if he's a loving n caring father, den he wouldnt ve commit crime

Really? I don't see the connection between being criminally inclined and being a loving, caring parent. They are two totally different things.
There are many loving and caring parents who are criminals.

Anyway, sis. I take it you would be jailing the parent, not for any crimes, but for poor parenting. That is just wrong, cos such things should be left to God.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by micklplus(m): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
My name is micklplus & I am a Nigerian-not Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa but of "Tribe Nigeria" From today, I choose to be a Change Agent 4NIGERIA, what about you?

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Kala11(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
Bleble-swag:
Well some pple may its hypocritical to say one will jail his father if he steals or punish him 4 any crime done according to d law, 4 me i dnt tolorate nonsense, if any of my family members does any crime he/she will face d punishment according to d law, i will use dem as an example instead.
Na juju those ur family go use follow you up
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Beaf: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
pd piper pippen: The author of this thread is obviously ignorant of d law, in d first place u shouldn't preside over a matter that has ur daddy as a party. In law we say nemo judex in cauasa sua. U can't be judge in ur own case!

Exactly! It is a legal requirement of office that you have absolutely nothing to do with any official matter that involves a family member.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Coldfaya(m): 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
Acidtalk and Beaf. I respect both u guys on this forumn. So can u guys quit d insults?? Kinda getting childish cos u'v diverged 4rm d main issue. Though y'all v diff views (which is normal cos we all cant hav same) i beliv if we rub minds, we can tackle Nigerias problem. Thank U both.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by bookface: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Well some pple may its hypocritical to say one will jail his father if he steals or punish him 4 any crime done according to d law, 4 me i dnt tolorate nonsense, if any of my family members does any crime he/she will face d punishment according to d law, i will use dem as an example instead.

I wonder if any of you blithering hypocrites have ever circumvented the system. Ever asked some Uncle or family member for connections? Ever jumped the queue cos you knew the duty officer at the petrol station during a fuel crisis? Ever paid Police "some change" to let you free when you forgot your driver's license at home? Have your parents ever paid their workers below the minimum wage?

You all act like there's some straight up line, if you must come to equity, you must come with clean hands.

Once you lose your position of Authority at some point and the world comes for your [i]a[/i]rse, the family you jailed will be happy to see you hanged for being a basta[i]r[/i]d who thinks it's his responsibility to save the world from evil.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by doublej1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf:

Nobody can jail their loving parents, except a mad person or a beast.
In the most advanced countries, politicians resign when compromised by family. Even then, they still cover up for their families.
Those here claiming they can jail their fathers are either mentally unbalanced or just hypocrites telling shamesless lies.

or i would resign if i think i dont have the guts,thanks for adding that.but i have seen a family who brought up their children to detest what ever taking what does not belong to you and believe a punishment should accompany.so what would you say about this family?
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by bookface: 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
micklplus: My name is micklplus & I am a Nigerian-not Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa but of "Tribe Nigeria" From today, I choose to be a Change Agent 4NIGERIA, what about you?

May the gods fry your ballz if from henceforth you pay a Policeman a bribe, you use "connections" to circumvent due process, or you as much as drove on the wrong side of the road.

blithering hypocrites!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by sylve11: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
080ict.com:
and what if he steal inside jail? based on ur subject. we all are criminals, if you are there you will do the same thing. politics is not a church and even in the church, criminal are there

hehehehe grin grin grin grin

But come to think of it, why must my father steal? sad cool
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Kala11(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
djsmart: that is a courageous man who worth to be honour for.if nowadays YOUTH can discipline themselves for justice in this country,i belief things will move on smoothly.corrruption,injustice,unfaithfulness and embezelment start with YOUTH.lets join hands together for better NIGERIA.
Where re the youth in government? Was it IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam abi nah Gej, ok, maybe the minister of youth is a youth.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk: It might be hard to believe because we are not as Truthful and Honest as one another.

Over the years i have known that even if Nigerians drink up the entire ocean and chew up the forest world over out of hunger and thirst from continuous prayers to God to make this nation a better place, such a prayer cant be answered by God.

The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

As a nation we cant just keep living this way.

I lost one of my best friends while in school because as SUG members i totally didnt support corruption. Lecturers were against me, but eventually i didnt just win the support of majority but also left office with a clear conscience.

If i can fight for justice then, then i see why i wont still fight for justice and equity now.

I am not a Saint or a perfect being. but i have a conscience and FEAR GOD.

Lets all start fearing God as one day, just one day, we will surely account for all our deeds right here on earth.

will you also jail your father if you find him guilty of theft? or will you rather rope an innocent person to cover up for his crime?

Any idiot can answer "yes i wil hang my father" to dis. But point is dat talk is really paltry n readily available.
Question is, wat decisions hv u taken all ur life dat has similarity wit d topic? So wen u blab "i can jail my father" back it up.
D poster has really shown himself to be a FUTURE PEST AND CANCER to dis country by his vile n kindergaten reactions to some posts here. Nice thread, but it shouldnt hav originated frm a tribal worm like him.
If i am to say, the thread should hv been, " WILL YOU HAVE THE GUT TO BRING TO BOOK OUR PAST THIEVING LEADERS?"
By dis i mean, evryone who has been in power(and involved in looting) since 1960.
Cos if those guys aint jailed, d current n future leaders wil neva c any harm in looting.
Dats d only way to go in anti-corruption
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by aljharem(m): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
It is only people like Beaf aka Billyonira that would never support the OP. SMH
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by jeffizy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
080ict.com:
i have read meanings in you post but i will advice you to use another country where they partice partical christianity not in Nigeria my acid. the best way to catch criminals is to make one them head of defence minister so need to think twice. Nigerian politics is not for pastors or God fearing people.
.................a question for 080ict..are U̶̲̥̅̊ saying politics cannot be done with conscience?
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 30secs(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
if my dad steals, I will jail his secretary and deputy/vice. Shikena!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by flashit(f): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
bookface:

May the gods fry your ballz if from henceforth you pay a Policeman a bribe, you use "connections" to circumvent due process, or you as much as drove on the wrong side of the road.

blithering hypocrites!

His ballz already fried !grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Ibangap(m): 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
I LOVE NAIRALAND! cool cool
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 080ictcom(f): 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: If my father steal, I will put him on house arrest, in a lofty mansion with beautiful chics grin grin grin grin grin
yes after all jail is jail. we really need GOD
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by SNCOQ3(m): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
SNCOQ3: anyone who cannot jail his father for stealing does not have the moral authority to jail anyone for crime. You have to first convince me that morality is bull.poo to change my conviction.

Billyonaire:

My moral authority has no gravity where my family is concerned,
last time i checked, morality is not a relative term. But i'll take this to mean "am not qualified for the job"

family first, f.ucck the system,
<joke> That sounds so 'mafioso' </joke> Then again, I'll take that to mean "am not qualified for the job"

I resign and keep my family together.
Good for you. Like i said earlier, i understand the question to be a hypothetical one - not a riddle.

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by mimifonwon(f): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
omg poster you dont know how many times i have asked that questions to my friends that their fathers and mothers are politician, and its sad that most of these kids are morally bankrupt because most of them ended up answering me, if other men can do it and get away, why should my father's be any less.Lets take the adeleke's and adenuga's whose families have political tentacles. I know everyone wants to say that they made their money the honest way, but i will tell you it is a lie, being that my father was once close friends with the some of them. Look at our youths today if they start screaming for justice and gets handed 500 naira or get promised jobs with the government, they turn on what they are fighting for and start praising the person they are fighting against. They forget that what affect their neighbors will eventually affect them. I feel most nigerians have no moral backbone due to the society and government they grow up in, no mater how much their parents take them to church. Nigerians always using religion as an excuse to be lazy, forgetting that God helps those that helps themselves. I will so jail my father asap, he knows it, that the day i find something incriminating about him, that his own is done and ill visit and bring him food in jail. EVeryone should answer to their crimes, that is why am glad my dad is a doctor and not a politician.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Cachez(m): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
@Acidtalk, It is hard to believe we still have an honest Nigerian like the poster but I put it to the poster,if the law of the land is to kill anyone who steals, would you execute your father if it's established that he stole.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by ebere1712: 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Under the present Nigerian constitution and justice system, I will not even send my dog to jail.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Oluwa4Sure: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
ebere1712: Under the present Nigerian constitution and justice system, I will not even send my dog to jail.

LOLLLLLLL!!!!

Cachez: @Acidtalk, It is hard to believe we still have an honest Nigerian like the poster but I put it to the poster,if the law of the land is to kill anyone who steals, would you execute your father if it's established that he stole.

Bros don't be so shallow minded, saying things are easier than doing them!!!!

Why will he want to send his father to jail in the first place? When he is the head of theives grin grin grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Murphylink(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
its a pity. I don't know if anything will remain with the way people in govt are wasting common wealth.
Corruption is endemic & a cross cotton problem. pull one, rest will follow. Its crooks & people of questionable characters that we celebrate.
Steal huge sum & instantly get a chieftaincy.
I don't think we have any shared value in this country. Minister of health doesn't belief in hospitals under there care. Minister of education can't send there children to govt schools.
Therefore, TRUTH & LIGHT are the way out of these mess. With STRONG collective effort, few upright can build a better NIGERIA.
I belief & I belief little STRONG little light can show the way out.
GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hypocrisy is a form of delusion. Mr OP its easier said than done, don't come here trying to act like you're the most upright nigerian since 1914. If your father commits a crime, you ain't gonna do shyte! Stop foooling yourself, your father is not your best friend.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by doublej1(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
bookface:

I wonder if any of you blithering hypocrites have ever circumvented the system. Ever asked some Uncle or family member for connections? Ever jumped the queue cos you knew the duty officer at the petrol station during a fuel crisis? Ever paid Police "some change" to let you free when you forgot your driver's license at home? Have your parents ever paid their workers below the minimum wage?

You all act like there's some straight up line, if you must come to equity, you must come with clean hands.

Once you lose your position of Authority at some point and the world comes for your [i]a[/i]rse, the family you jailed will be happy to see you hanged for being a basta[i]r[/i]d who thinks it's his responsibility to save the world from evil.

guy thats the truth but nobody can escape been into one kind of mess or another, for instance u can never get admission into a university in niaja if u cant bribe your way in, and who want to spend another year at home due to some little cash. This is the kind of serenio we are in you are part of it directly or indirectly.
Let us not forget 'out of every nonsense their is always sense', i wish a day will come where this mysery we are in will be unravelled by someone who has pass through this situation where u have to be a part of this menance. I hope by that time their should be a plan to curtail favouratism in subsequent generation.
And let me add this whatever we are suffering now is the fault of our fore rulers and parent because the refused to make plan against our surffering today.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by dasparrow: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
mimifonwon: omg poster you dont know how many times i have asked that questions to my friends that their fathers and mothers are politician, and its sad that most of these kids are morally bankrupt because most of them ended up answering me, if other men can do it and get away, why should my father's be any less.Lets take the adeleke's and adenuga's whose families have political tentacles. I know everyone wants to say that they made their money the honest way, but i will tell you it is a lie, being that my father was once close friends with the some of them. Look at our youths today if they start screaming for justice and gets handed 500 naira or get promised jobs with the government, they turn on what they are fighting for and start praising the person they are fighting against. They forget that what affect their neighbors will eventually affect them. I feel most nigerians have no moral backbone due to the society and government they grow up in, no mater how much their parents take them to church. Nigerians always using religion as an excuse to be lazy, forgetting that God helps those that helps themselves. I will so jail my father asap, he knows it, that the day i find something incriminating about him, that his own is done and ill visit and bring him food in jail. EVeryone should answer to their crimes, that is why am glad my dad is a doctor and not a politician.

Well said!

@Post

Just reading the responses on this thread made me realize that Nigerians are not ready for change. Nigerians can pray all they want but like I have always said, God has left the building called Nigeria a long time ago. With each passing generation, Nigeria and her citizens are getting worse. Look at nairaland, people cannot even express themselves and give their opinions without cussing and using foul speech.

Most Nigerians are rotten to the core hence we are despised as a people everywhere we go around the world. Most Nigerians have no moral values and certainly no fear of God yet we wonder as a people why calamity continues to befall Nigeria. Sin brings reproach to any nation says the Lord God Almighty. If everyone chooses to cover up for their criminally minded family members, then we should not complain about our looting politicians. As Nigerians, we deserve the kind of messed up country we now have to deal with.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Speedy33(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
intresting topicintresting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Steal Our Money, Says Osinbajo As He Begins Door-to-door Campaig / Gabriel Nkanang Dies: Governor Udom Emmanuel's Father Is Dead / Fuel Scarcity: People Resort To Trekking In Warri, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.