Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. (19693 Views)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by freshmoney(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2012
Acidtalk why are you arguing with a mad man na? Don't allow him to subvert your thread. He's sure one hell of a bast[i]a[/i]rd. The Arrow will keep thwarting your observations.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by TheDefender: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2012
People saying they will jail their father if caught stealing are big HYPOCRITES!!!

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by freshmoney(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
drzed:

This thread started by acidtalk is a neutral topic, (no mention of Farouk Lawan, PDP or even GEJ in it). It contains some inspiring words, which none of us is obliged to agree with. So can you (Beaf) not assess it on its own merits without resorting to insults? What is wrong with you man? And your constant reference to 'born to rule' is beginning to sound like a scratched/looping CD. Face the issue and try to control your anti-north sentiments, please. I expect you are mature enough to understand my point without insulting me, yes?

Thank you.

Pal, that Beaf is a diversionist. How do you chronicle a known saboteur? undecided
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by drzed: 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: If my father steal, I will put him on house arrest, in a lofty mansion with beautiful chics grin grin grin grin

Normally, I would laugh at this joke, because it is quite funny.
Unless of course you actually mean it.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
drzed:

Normally, I would laugh at this joke, because it is quite funny.
Unless of course you actually mean it.
I mean it bro, I am no hypocrite, I cant jail my old boy

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by sexiestharam(f): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
cheesy
icez:

grin grin grin grin
grin
icez:

grin grin grin grin
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Lisa1: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by beamed: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
080ict.com:
and what if he steal inside jail? based on ur subject. we all are criminals, if you are there you will do the same thing. politics is not a church and even in the church, criminal are there

Answer the question numskull.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by jawjaw1: 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
The Defender: People saying they will jail their father if caught stealing are big HYPOCRITES!!!

You are a born joker for saying this. You think everyone thinks like you and is only concerned about 'today'?
What about tomorrow, the future for the unborn Nigerian child?

If I become president, the first thing I will do is bring all my family together for a meeting. With all the love in my heart, I will warn them to stay clear of anything illegal because if they are caught I will never intervene.
Next I will warn everyone that works with me, be them friends, special advisers, political associates, ministers, whoever and inform them too that I have warned my family. So that they know that if I am ready to turn a blind eye to any member of my family who goes foul of the law they would surely be in trouble if they steal.

For God's sake the future of Nigeria and its citizens are way bigger than any one person even if na my papa. Till we begin to think like this there is no future for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
jaw jaw:

You are a born joker for saying this. You think everyone thinks like you and is only concerned about 'today'?

If I become president, the first thing I will do is bring all my family together for a meeting. With all the love in my heart, I will warn them to stay clear of anything illegal because if they are caught I will never intervene.
Next I will warn everyone that works with me, be them friends, special advisers, political associates, ministers, whoever and inform them too that I have warned my family. So that they know that if I am ready to turn a blind eye to any member of my family who goes foul of the law they would surely be in trouble if they steal.

For God's sake the future of Nigeria and its citizens are way bigger than any one person even if na my papa. Till we begin to think like this there is no future for Nigeria.
Talk is cheap!

2 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by member479760: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk:

I really respect your honesty and sincerity here.

For the fact that you will resign even though you protected your father clearly shows you admit he is a criminal and was at fault for the love you have for him won't make you watch him go to jail.

If I send mine to jail, the entire nation will SIT UP and wakeup to the fact that it is not business as usual.

Corruption will automatically reduce to up to 70%

You will jail your father for nothing! thats not the way to reduce corruption mehn.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by beamed: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk: It might be hard to believe because we are not as Truthful and Honest as one another.

Over the years i have known that even if Nigerians drink up the entire ocean and chew up the forest world over out of hunger and thirst from continuous prayers to God to make this nation a better place, such a prayer cant be answered by God.

The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

As a nation we cant just keep living this way.

I lost one of my best friends while in school because as SUG members i totally didnt support corruption. Lecturers were against me, but eventually i didnt just win the support of majority but also left office with a clear conscience.

If i can fight for justice then, then i see why i wont still fight for justice and equity now.

I am not a Saint or a perfect being. but i have a conscience and FEAR GOD.

Lets all start fearing God as one day, just one day, we will surely account for all our deeds right here on earth.

will you also jail your father if you find him guilty of theft? or will you rather rope an innocent person to cover up for his crime?

My father said it over and over that he would jail me and even appropriately sentence me if he found me involved in any criminal act. He brought me up to be stern and straight. Seriously I will sentence him too if found culpable. it's hard to do and have done something similarly not quite long ago.

Hated and disliked for it but somebody needs to step forward and say no. My next move now is to deal with any PHCN OFFICIAL who ventures to bill me for BLACKOUT. I'm really prepared to hit the headline. The only solution is : give me meter and I'll pay otherwise ... The story won't be funny.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by drzed: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
jaw jaw:

There is hope indeed. Thank you for this post.
May God strengthen you and help you with this vision. And may those of us who believe in this sort of ideology also be blessed with your kind of vision and courage because you cannot do it alone. Good leadership works and thrives when their is good comradeship and good followership. We all have to re-orient ourselves.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by TheDefender: 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
@jaw jaw. easier said than done. LOL!!!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by EasyNaijacom: 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Well, it all depends on the reason for theft. If he stole to assist the family's needs or probably to pay the hospital bills for your dying mum.. of course you wouldn't do something stupid.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
Talk is cheap!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by SNCOQ3(m): 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk: It might be hard to believe because we are not as Truthful and Honest as one another.

Over the years i have known that even if Nigerians drink up the entire ocean and chew up the forest world over out of hunger and thirst from continuous prayers to God to make this nation a better place, such a prayer cant be answered by God.

The problem of Nigeria is caused by you and i. or how else will you explain when people will rather close their eyes to the truth because the person involved in the crime is their towns man or fellow religious brother.

As a nation we cant just keep living this way.

I lost one of my best friends while in school because as SUG members i totally didnt support corruption. Lecturers were against me, but eventually i didnt just win the support of majority but also left office with a clear conscience.

If i can fight for justice then, then i see why i wont still fight for justice and equity now.

I am not a Saint or a perfect being. but i have a conscience and FEAR GOD.

Lets all start fearing God as one day, just one day, we will surely account for all our deeds right here on earth.

will you also jail your father if you find him guilty of theft? or will you rather rope an innocent person to cover up for his crime?

This is an hypothetical question though, i've asked myself a similar question a long time ago. Yes, I love my father but if he is guilty, i'll jail him; God forbid i rope an innocent person in his place. At least it'll send a very powerful message - you know what it is if you care. I consider the destiny of a society bigger than my family or any family for that matter.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Concept(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
If all my family steal I will jail them. Let me tell you a story as a fresh graduate I joined a company, I nearly lost that my job when I did not compromise but I later cooperated & I became ogas' boy, promotion & the rest was history but I know myself that was not me but the Nigeria factors have really influenced me. There were some other instances that made me to conclude that Nigeria can never be a better place to live even with thunderous prayers from the clergy, the discipline is lacking & this is creating a lot of obstacles on the route the prayers must have taken. I am not perfect but I have tried to live my life with some principles & they paid of. Our major problem in Nigeria is lack of vision, we copy a lot & if you do that, you are easily influenced. 'Owambe' Show off life style then if you possess this, no way, you will have to steal to balance up. With this kind of attitude among the populace I do not think we need democracy but an Emperor who can easily deal with issue to serve as a deterent to others. Like the originator of this thread said, no amount of prayer can solve Nigeria problem, question my faith until the catasrophe looming around completes its cycle. You are not save so am I. Lets change our corrupt ways from the president to beggars among us.

3 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by dabrake(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
if i be president and my popsy thief less than N10b, i will jail him. Which kain poor man thiefing be that?

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by joe4christ(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
[size=15pt] Eternity itself is a joke to so many people and they end up believing they've only got one life to live here on earth so they loot as much as they can cos to them there is no other life after death, so such individuals loot as much as they can and lavish it all on themselves alone cos there is no hope of tommorrow, but those who fear God would definately remember that they are going to account of every penny that was in their care to GOD ALMIGHTY THE RIGHTEOUSE JUDGE, no wonder the holy book says the fear of God is the begining of wisdom.
What kind of leaders do this country of ours really do produce? It goes a long way to prove the mindset and mentality of an average nigerian.
Without the fear of God no nation will ever prosper... [/size]

2 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
Concept: If all my family steal I will jail them. Let me tell you a story as a fresh graduate I joined a company, I nearly lost that my job when I did not compromise but I later cooperated & I became ogas' boy, promotion & the rest was history but I know myself that was not me but the Nigeria factors have really influenced me. There were some other instances that made me to conclude that Nigeria can never be a better place to live even with thunderous prayers from the clergy, the discipline is lacking & this is creating a lot of obstacles on the route the prayers must have taken. I am not perfect but I have tried to live my life with some principles & they paid of. Our major problem in Nigeria is lack of vision, we copy a lot & if you do that, you are easily influenced. 'Owambe' Show off life style then if you possess this, no way, you will have to steal to balance up. With this kind of attitude among the populace I do not think we need democracy but an Emperor who can easily deal with issue to serve as a deterent to others. Like the originator of this thread said, no amount of prayer can solve Nigeria problem, question my faith until the catasrophe looming around completes its cycle. You are not save so am I. Lets change our corrupt ways from the president to beggars among us.
You can stay upright until you are made an offer you can not refuse!
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
dabrake: if i be president and my popsy thief less than N10b, i will jail him. Which kain poor man thiefing be that?
hahahahahahahah, badt guy
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Concept(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2012
Talk is not cheap as someone said, we have different values & experience, many times I have confessed some ugly incident I got involved & ready for the aftermath. some in Nigeria have mind to do good but the platform just not there. The moment I stepped into position of authority in my company I stopped cutting corners. Anybody can do it if you have sincere mind.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by gbadexy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
@op
It seems you watch too many american films, I bet it would be easy for you to jail Your father if he was abusive.
Even in developed countries, influential people still use their position to protect and place their family in privileged institutions and post.
What you are proposing only works in communist states where citizens are encouraged and rewarded to turn in their neighbors and family member. Those countries use poverty and propaganda to manipulate their citizens to descend to such depth.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by joe4christ(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: You can stay upright until you are made an offer you can not refuse!

Offer of heaven and earth i guess, but does it really worth the cost of my soul?
That should be the question any trully wise individual should be asking each time he or she is faced with such a situation. Only the wise can ever think in this direction!

2 Likes

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
gbadexy: @op
It seems you watch too many american films, I bet it would be easy for you to jail Your father if he was abusive.
Even in developed countries, influential people still use their position to protect and place their family in privileged institutions and post.
What you are proposing only works in communist states where citizens are encouraged and rewarded to turn in their neighbors and family member. Those countries use poverty and propaganda to manipulate their citizens to descend to such depth.
Dont mind him jare, hin never see money for him life.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
joe4christ:

Offer of heaven and earth i guess, but does it really worth the cost of my soul?
That should be the question any trully wise individual should be asking each time he or she is faced with such a situation. Only the wise can ever think in this direction!
Guy, carry your Sucar candy heavenly stories go one side. I dont belong to the same belief system with you. Whats there in heaven for you to enjoy sef ? No hip hop, no tequila and no chics. The life I know is the one I live so lavishly in my posh mansion, you can live in Ajengule and wait to enjoy when you rot 6 ft
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by bookface: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2012

I haven't yet read or came across anything that sounded more stuppid in my entire life.

Putting your closest family members through the axe to show the world what a tough man you are is about the stupidest thing ever!...You can't change the world all by yourself you dumb f[i]u[/i]ck!..Once you lock your dad, mum and friends up in the old block, no one else will be on your side once the rest of the world begins to fa[i]r[/i]t in your mouth!

Life isn't some bloody game of card...it's a freaking jungle mate! Power, friends, family and loyalty is how you lead. Once you begin to shove the people you trust the most into the big house to be raped by core criminals simply because some law got broken, then no one will fear you. Everyone, both old and young will simply laugh at your idiocy and folly to attempt to change the world all by yourself.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
Honestly speaking...i will never jail my father because he will never steal,he is an honorable man.
Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
bookface:

I haven't yet read or came across anything that sounded more stuppid in my entire life.

Putting your closest family members through the axe to show the world what a tough man you are is about the stupidest thing ever!...You can't change the world all by yourself you dumb f[i]u[/i]ck!..Once you lock your dad, mum and friends up in the old block, no one else will be on your side once the rest of the world begins to fa[i]r[/i]t in your mouth!

Life isn't some bloody game of card...it's a freaking jungle mate! Power, friends, family and loyalty is how you lead. Once you begin to shove the people you trust the most into the big house to be raped by core criminals simply because some law got broken, then no one will fear you. Everyone, both old and young will simply laugh at your idiocy and folly to attempt to change the world all by yourself.

Word! Tell him bro, some of them are phucking foolish in their belief system!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

February Polls: If I Lose, It Won’t Be First Time – Buhari / You’re Godfather’s Puppet, Agbaje Replies Sanwo-olu / Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.