Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,424 members, 7,812,248 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background (954 Views)

A Critical Background Of Lonely Days By Bayo Adebowale / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background by Dstar4u(m): 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
Gud day well wishers, i am an undergraduate of engineering but every day by day the zeal of writing shows cos i love to become a writer but i found it so difficult to put something down due to lack of literature knowledge. Pls, help me out, don't let talent waste. Tanx
Re: How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background by buyandroidpad: 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hello Dstar4U, I love your post and I want to encourage you to strive to get your books published. The most important aspect to a book is the content. My recommendation will be to get someone you know who can edit your work - make the person a co-author or a contributor and get your ideas out. If you need more information how to get started visit http://www.ebooksinafrica.com

Watch this video about how to write cook ebooks and apply it to what you want to write about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUgTMjgo6AY
Re: How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background by Dstar4u(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
buyandroidpad: Hello Dstar4U, I love your post and I want to encourage you to strive to get your books published. The most important aspect to a book is the content. My recommendation will be to get someone you know who can edit your work - make the person a co-author or a contributor and get your ideas out. If you need more information how to get started visit http://www.ebooksinafrica.com

Watch this video about how to write cook ebooks and apply it to what you want to write about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUgTMjgo6AY
Tanx 4 d encouragement, more is expected of d great writers. Tanx
Re: How Possible It Is To Become A Writer Without Literary Background by gemstone22(f): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2012
Dstar4u: Gud day well wishers, i am an undergraduate of engineering but every day by day the zeal of writing shows cos i love to become a writer but i found it so difficult to put something down due to lack of literature knowledge. Pls, help me out, don't let talent waste. Tanx

Writing is a gift. If not explored,it becomes stale. Pick up ur pen and paper and write. That's all it takes. Gradually,the stories comes alive. The more u write,the better u get. You could also join writing sites where u can get tutorials on creative writing and how to be a better writer. Go to google and u will find so many to choose from. Keep a pen and notebook handy to jot thoughts and stories that build up within ur mind. The pen and notebook are ur tool of trade. Its what a camera is to a photographer and a stethscope is to a doctor.They go everywhere with u. Those thoughts u have cud be the beginning of a best slling novel,who knows? Why not write them down so u never forget. Lastly, u can never be a published writer if u do not believe in urself. If u lack confidence in ur abilities then u have a major problem.Have critics who judge what u write and help u get better. This forum has slots for people who want others to read what they have and tell them where they need to do better. U can have friends and family who can read and give u opinions too. I hope u make the most of ur writing abilities. Have a great day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To My Rose (a Poem) / [b]tips On Writing From Ernest Hemingway[/b] / I Cry - A Reflection Of The Me Within

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.