Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,659 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? (20267 Views)

2015/2016 JAMB Direct Entry Admission Processes Into Universities Of Your Choice / Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card / Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mbuko91(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
Bvesan:

Mericine and forgery..hahaha
i wan die oooooo...rotflmfao....hey! Mericine and forgery....
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mbuko91(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
Bvesan:

see unilag rejects
u wey accept am

1 Like

Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by GboyegaD(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lujan: Money...I was a promising science student & wanted to study medicine bt my sweet parents aren't bouyant enough to bear d "expenses" & upon their candid advise, I switched to arts class in my SS2 with d hope of studying Law. When I bought my JAMB form, I filled Law as first choice & Eng. Lit as 2nd choice with EBSU as my 1st & 2nd choice of institution (because my parents cant "pay" if I study outside my town). Fortunately my name came out on the merit list of both Law & English, but because "money no dey" my parents advised me to go for d latter. I'm now a learned final yr student of English Lang. & Lit., courtesy of Jah's grace.

You sure would make it with God on your side. Just be focused and believe in yourself and I see you becoming great.

1 Like

Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mbuko91(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
ayobase:

Common, I wasnt referring to u brother.
Na that handle, bearing Olodo......
lolz....hw fa man?
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by GboyegaD(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
Danka7777:

I don't need to argue with you on this; I repeat: Engineers have solid math background than economist. I have a minor in economics. I have seen their degree curriculum and know their math background, which no where close to what engineers take. Other engineers can comment on this. Please do your research!

I know a lot of high school classmates who couldn't get a " C " in math in SSCE, couldn't even get into engineering program but went ahead to study economics.

Firstly, you need at least a C6 in Maths to study Economics which is the same requirement to study Engineering so that doesn't make you any better. I know the Nigerian Economics program do not emphasize the maths aspect so well however, in the US, it is a must particularly if you are doing the BS Economics to take a minimum of 6 math classes while BBA Economics only take the Pre Calc and Calc 1. I know what I am talking about and would appreciate you do your research well. Anyways, like I said earlier, anyone can make it in any field provided they put their mind at what they are doing.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Wemmy6284(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
warrior101:

Bad choice... Telsa died a very poor man at old age (more like money dey work baboon dey chop victim type)... He got something going up stirs but a whimp when it comes to using it to make a fortune ...
disagree
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
GboyegaD:

Yes oooo. I still dey Denton gidigba.

Sent you an email
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Oshiite: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
Any course was okay wt me back then so long it didnt have maths attached as a pre requsite,studied mass comm shaa
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by juman(m): 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
Followed my dear cousin step and studied mechanical engineering.

Used as escape thing from nigeria studied business information technology.

My first choice was to become Grand Ayatollah.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by komek(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
​ had always wanted τ̅☺ ßξ Laywer becos of a gurl ​ used τ̅☺ like who said she was going τ̅☺ study law. But after my sec sch, ​ came τ̅☺ stay wit my Uncle in Lag. ​ remember my Uncle asking M̶̲̥̅ƹ what ​ wanted τ̅☺ read in †ђξ uni, ​ told him Law, he said do U̶̲̥̅̊ want τ̅☺ ßξ like Lawyer Ben, cos Lawyer Ben was a bad example of Laywers. Because of that ​ studied what my Uncle studied, (Economics), and today iam very happy with it.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by ayobase(m): 12:25am On Jun 13, 2012
bluejeff: No regret though. Only wondering if i would practice it. I have a passion for other things.

Okay then!
U r not the first lawyer saying this!
Most of us dont work with certificate though!
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by ayobase(m): 12:27am On Jun 13, 2012
Mbuko91: lolz....hw fa man?

We are good 2go then.
Im fine here!
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mbuko91(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2012
ayobase:

We are good 2go then.
Im fine here!
owkay.wher u at man?
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Pennywise(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2012
Prestige all the way. And I was confident I could muscle Jamb (pre post-UME days). However I had a bit of self doubt when I was abt to fill jamb form. I was 16. But staying at home for even 1mth while my peers proceeded was not an option so I tot engr would be a good compromise as it would be easier to get into.

My elder sis caught me in this moment of indecision and said without even thinking abt it- 'go and do whatever pleases you, u always pass'.

Anyway Jamb came and I blasted even beyond my wildest dream. The rest like they say is history.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by razzberry2(f): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2012
It has always been either microbiology or medicine 4 me..buh i figured d former was easier to get dan d latter..so i went der n am so lovin MICROBIOLOGY
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by AK481(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
GboyegaD:

Firstly, you need at least a C6 in Maths to study Economics which is the same requirement to study Engineering so that doesn't make you any better. I know the Nigerian Economics program do not emphasize the maths aspect so well however, in the US, it is a must particularly if you are doing the BS Economics to take a minimum of 6 math classes while BBA Economics only take the Pre Calc and Calc 1. I know what I am talking about and would appreciate you do your research well. Anyways, like I said earlier, anyone can make it in any field provided they put their mind at what they are doing.

My friend you argue very foolishly,blindly,and unconciously.
Apart from agric engineering,engineering is everything 'application of mathematics",it s totally d application of advance or futher maths to solve human problem"
Pls stop arguing n learn
I m a graduate of electrical engrn unn,I know wat I m saying,my sister s an econom
ist.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by tpia5: 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by mikron(m): 12:09am On Jun 14, 2012
desperatem:

Pls can you gimme your email address? I want to ask you some question concerning applied art course
my email is mikethrone@yahoo.com
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Pennywise(m): 6:22am On Jun 14, 2012
What is with tpia and her sinister '.'
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by GboyegaD(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Sent you an email

I never got it. I will PM you now.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
AK 48:

Apart from agric engineering,engineering is everything 'application of mathematics",it s totally d application of advance or futher maths to solve human problem"
Pls stop arguing n learn
I m a graduate of electrical engrn unn,I know wat I m saying,my sister s an econom
ist.

You are the most stupid person I have ever come across jumping into conclusion without reading through the various comments and arguments we had. The bone of contention still remains you can do whatever you want to if you put your mind at it and besides, whoever that has the understanding of the major classes in maths can as well do its application. If I may repeat for your clarification, all top economics program require those who intend graduating with a BS to take a minimum of 6 math classes which include: Calculus I, II and 3, Ordinary Differential Equation, Linear Algebra.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by greatgeo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
for me its a child hood thing and just love it
smiley
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mote2(m): 5:48am On Jun 15, 2012
Money & my backgrd(i come 4rm an active oil producing area) hence Petroleum Engr. @ d University of Ibadan
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by ayobase(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mbuko91: owkay.wher u at man?

Naija!
U?
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by ayobase(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
AK 48:

Pls stop arguing n learn
ist.

Of course....
Mathematics, applied, further.....we should know that which is which.
Never wanted saying a word.
How will an Economist challenge my Elect/Elect Engr mathematical intelligence!
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by ayobase(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
GboyegaD:

You are the most stupid person I have ever come across jumping into conclusion without reading through the various comments and arguments we had. The bone of contention still remains you can do whatever you want to if you put your mind at it and besides, whoever that has the understanding of the major classes in maths can as well do its application. If I may repeat for your clarification, all top economics program require those who intend graduating with a BS to take a minimum of 6 math classes which include: Calculus I, II and 3, Ordinary Differential Equation, Linear Algebra.

Bros, there is difference btw calculation and application.
Yeah, you can do it if u put ur mind to it.
So, what happened to ''if I don't do it''?
Engineering mathematics is no way to be compared...I respect every discipline pls!
Lets stop beating this!
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mutee: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
My love for electronics and the future. So i gave a shot at computer science. I am glad i made that choice today.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Inemobot(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
My own ability.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by rasabtol(m): 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
It's my background. I'd wanted to study Architecture but later changed my course to Mathematics/Statistics. Now, I'm in 500 level in FUTMINNA. Thanks be unto God.
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2012
Geology... Plz i nid sum1 2 englighten my hop embarassede nd convince me abt it positive future...
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Mbuko91(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2012
ayobase:

Naija!
U?
lolz...france in jos
Re: What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? by Lawalhabeeb: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
[quote author=olawalebabs]There are many factors that influence one choice of course in the higher institution, to some it is their parent. others may be peers. So, what influenced your own choice?what influence me on my choice of course is dat l actually av passion of being an engineer since my secondary school

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JAMB Has Released Withheld Results / Unilorin Post Utme Registration Now Available / Police Invites NANS Over Seven Days Ultimatum Given To South Africa Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.