Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me (19961 Views)

Christian Obodo Found In Italy With Marijuana & Girls / Kidnapped Christian Obodo Freed By Police / Christian Obodo's Abductors Demand €150K Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by buchai: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
I neva end dere, na who d kidnappers said na him snd dem na der d mata go end n truth wil nw made known 2 pple.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Akintola11(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
The latest installment of ‘This Week in Nigeria’!!! Dana Air Crash investigators get help from US, Boko Haram strike again, Fuel subsidy probe chairman accused of accepting bribes, the writers of the week section & much more!!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-us-experts-aid-plane-crash-investigation
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by rareman(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
I don't why most people here ll read d headline and run with it, without digesting the content of the message. From what I deduce from this message Obodo did not say police did not rescue him rather he gave credits to the operations who covered the nuke and cranies of the state. If d police had not been their his escape would'nt have been easy and am sure Obodo might not find it this funny. Pls endeavor to give credits when and where it is due.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by PBundles(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dont wanna spark coontroversy with those saying we should give credit where credit is due, but the following excerpt is different from what Chris is saying:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/10/christian-obodo-freed-nigeria-lecce_n_1585235.html

Delta state police spokesman Charles Muka said officers freed Obodo and arrested several of his suspected kidnappers, who had not even left the oil-producing state where he was abducted on Saturday. Muka declined to say what led police to the kidnappers. Police and security agencies in Nigeria have traced suspects using their mobile phone transmissions in the past.

Wait hold up, I thought he ran. How can you free someone when he ran away. shocked
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
So was the money paid thereafter?
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by PBundles(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
I supsect that the Police will also RESCUE the ransome money too. wink

Keneking: So was the money paid thereafter?
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by moshoodn(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
CONGRATS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BRO CHRIS!!!!!

THEY BEEN WAN OBTAIN YOU BEFORE, BUT GOD SAVE YOUR AZZZZ FROM THOSE BROKE-AZZZZZ!!!
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hmmmm, What an Outcome. undecided And I thought the Police rescued him themselves. . .
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by tpapi: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
PBundles: So you mean the story I heard about Police SWAT cars and shoot outs, dodging of bullets, rolling on the ground while illuding danger was all lies. What about the fact that they fought off 50 or so guys was not true. Hmmm. I dont know who to believe, CO or the cops. Its such a noble bunch. wink
where did u get ur fake story from
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Onyenna(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
Wow!!!... I'm really impressed!!!....thank God it ended well.......kudos to obodo. He was really brave..... If not for the monitoring of creeks and roads by the police, they would have succeeded in taking obodo to maybe portharcourt....
Kudos to the police as well....I know our police is far from good but @ least they tried here(probably cos he's a celebrity or so)..... I wish NP can always act like this(even for non celebrities)......I just wish.........
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by tpapi: 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Obodo shud give some credit 2 d NPL, witot d pressure n siege fm d police,he wud stil b sleepin in d forest by now
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by PBundles(m): 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
This was a Subliminal .
tpapi: where did u get ur fake story from
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by hardeyincah(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
If i av d power i will move a motio to scrap nigerian police and have local government vigilante......... Or soldiers everywhere
gulfer: Lol @NPF, why una dey lie na, una say na una rescue Obodo; now breeze don blow we do see the chicken yansh!

1 Like

Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by extension: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
Obodo pls try your luck in 100m senior boys.But mind you running for life is not same as running for race.Good news and we thanks almighty God for your life.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by tpapi: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
PBundles: Dont wanna spark coontroversy with those saying we should give credit where credit is due, but the following excerpt is different from what Chris is saying:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/10/christian-obodo-freed-nigeria-lecce_n_1585235.html

Delta state police spokesman Charles Muka said officers freed Obodo and arrested several of his suspected kidnappers, who had not even left the oil-producing state where he was abducted on Saturday. Muka declined to say what led police to the kidnappers. Police and security agencies in Nigeria have traced suspects using their mobile phone transmissions in the past.

Wait hold up, I thought he ran. How can you free someone when he ran away. shocked
wud he av bin able to run without d efforts of d police
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by gbadexy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
I think God really had interest in his case and saved him because he was on his way to worship.
Imagine a kidnapper without credit on his phone,also following his victim into a village, five of them going to collect the money and leaving only one, I bet they are not even armed
It is simply divine intervention..
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
floriana: I have always doubted the police angle. If police had attempted to rescue him, he would be dead by now. Ask the kidnapped German & Italian.

where and how will u ask dem?
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
tpapi: Obodo shud give some credit 2 d NPL, witot d pressure n siege fm d police,he wud stil b sleepin in d forest by now

na lie, d vigialntees would help out.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by purefella(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
It's not that you have muscles that saved you but GOD and your #6

“At that point, I told myself I wasn't going back into that forest. So I told him that it's possible his people wanted to betray him, that they may have taken the money and run. I asked him to let me call my people to find out if the money had been picked up.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by SisiKill1: 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
PBundles: So you mean the story I heard about Police SWAT cars and shoot outs, dodging of bullets, rolling on the ground while illuding danger was all lies. What about the fact that they fought off 50 or so guys was not true. Hmmm. I dont know who to believe, CO or the cops. Its such a noble bunch. wink

Hehehehehe. . . you forgot the sharpshooters positioned on every tree branch and the rescue dogs sniffing. Oh oh how about the Federal Marshals brought in to perform a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.

I bow for the NPF!! They know how it is done cool
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by ismhab(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
He promised not to run away or shout, finally he broke up the promise he made, what can we called him?
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by goldng: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
Na true say Wafi no dey carry last... Thank God for your life.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by tpia5: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
gbadexy: I think God really had interest in his case and saved him because he was on his way to worship.
Imagine a kidnapper without credit on his phone,also following his victim into a village, five of them going to collect the money and leaving only one, I bet they are not even armed
It is simply divine intervention..

100% agree.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
i already know the police are liars, the same way the rescued mikel obi's father... Naija police na for mouth them de work cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by SisiKill1: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
ismhab: He promised not to run away or shout, finally he broke up the promise he made, what can we called him?

Lmao!! Check this out

Kan. Man Sues Couple He Took Hostage

Jesse Dimmick: Couple Broke Deal Not To Tell Police

Can there be no trust between a kidnapper and his hostages?

The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that Dimmick filed a breach of contract suit in Shawnee County District Court, in response to a suit the Rowleys filed in September seeking $75,000 from him for intruding in their home and causing emotional stress.

Dimmick contends that he told the couple he was being chased by someone, most likely the police, who wanted to kill him.

"I, the defendant, asked the Rowleys to hide me because I feared for my life. I offered the Rowleys an unspecified amount of money which they agreed upon, therefore forging a legally binding oral contract," Dimmick said in his hand-written court documents. He wants $235,000, in part to pay for the hospital bills that resulted from him being shot by police when they arrested him.

Neighbors have said that the couple fed Dimmick snacks and watched movies with him until he fell asleep and they were able to escape their home unharmed.

Dimmick was convicted in May 2010 of four felonies, including two counts of kidnapping. He was sentenced to 10 years and 11 months on those charges. He was later sent to a jail in Brighton, Colo., where he is being held on eight charges, including murder, in connection of with the killing of Michael Curtis in September 2009. A preliminary hearing is set for Dec. 16. No plea has been entered in the case.

Robert E. Keeshan, an attorney for the Rowleys, filed a motion denying that there was a contract, but said if there was it would not have been binding anyway.

I dare say. . .Obodo's kidnappers may have a case after all!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by soloqy: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
The police should be commended for covering the whole area and being on their tail the whole time. Its good they were monitoring the calls and tracing the calls.

The same modus operandi should be used for every other citizen and not just for VIPs. People should not tell stories and make Obodo out as ungrateful.

Kidnapping wont stop with this case so we shouldnt ridicule the police for doing a good job this time. It could be you next time and you wouldnt want a disgruntled police force in charge of the case then.

The Igbos say that when you praise a child for a job well done, he will strive to do as well next time or even better....
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by dammytosh: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
rasputinn:

You guys should give the police some credit on this.Go back to Obodos explanation and decode that HE WOULD NOT HAVE ESCAPED if not for the police.

Who covered the whole state,who was monitoring the roads and creeks thereby putting the kidnappers under siege,who was monitoring their calls and using it to close in on them that forced them to move from the forest to open town,who made a fake call to the kidnappers that the ransom was ready for which 5 of them left and left obodo with just one of them,from whom he was able to escape later.Before his escape,who arrested three of the kidnappers that had gone to pick the ransom money,I can go on and on and on.#
I know the NPF could be dissappointing in most cases,but on this occasion,they were VERY instrumental to Obodos escape.
Give the devil his due and lets move on

YES, I AGREE WITH YOU. GOOD THINKING.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by PBundles(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
This absolutley had me rotfl. I agree, a promise is a promise. This just goes to show in no circumstamce should you trust a Nigerian. I mean if you cant trust a hostage who can you trust nowadays.

Sisi_Kill:

Lmao!! Check this out

I dare say. . .Obodo's kidnappers may have a case after all!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Richardid: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
The police played a vital rule towards his release no doubt. He should be grateful to God first and to pple who prayed for his safety. This has taught us that we should not trust anybody in life, your enemies r within.
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Detongue: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
I hail o, ur leg pass OKADA. 'u outrun ur captor (s)' hmmmmm
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by abbeymighty(m): 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
Good script. I believes nollywood hv seen another story for them to release. B4 dec u will see a movie title" 'escape frm jungle'
Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
Waffi no dey carry last grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? / Full List Of Trophies Sir Alex Ferguson Has Won / Precious Orji And Husband Welcome Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.