Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509364 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 7:14am On Dec 25, 2012
MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL
As I got my christmas gift yesterday, so will all awaitees get thiers b4 d year end
*love dis family*

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Christmas Guys.. smiley , God willingly Next Year By This Time, We Will All Be In Canada Celebrating, Best Of Luck To Ya'll.. smileyxxxxxxx

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2012
dealexad: MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL
As I got my christmas gift yesterday, so will all awaitees get thiers b4 d year end
*love dis family*
Amennnnnnnnnn ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2012
Happy xmas to all nairalanders...to all those that just got their TRV,congrats...and to all awaitees,christ will crown ur xmas with ur TRVs.Amen!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:00am On Dec 25, 2012
lucky Don: Happy xmas to all nairalanders...to all those that just got their TRV,congrats...and to all awaitees,christ will crown ur xmas with ur TRVs.Amen!
Amennnnn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2012
dealexad:

Thanks bruv.
MERRY XMAS BRO!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2012
Prof Siga, abeg what are the documents required at the point of entry?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:54am On Dec 25, 2012
dealexad: Prof Siga, abeg what are the documents required at the point of entry?

1) e-passport + TRV
2) Admission Acceptance Letter
3) Letter of Introduction

Be in possesion of other document s you used to apply for TRV

You would be given a form to fill on board where u would declare the amount you are holding....

The Immigration Officer would ask you simple questions after which your study permit would be issued at the point of entry, make sure the info on your study permit are correct before you leave the point of entry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2012
earthgreeners:

1) e-passport + TRV
2) Admission Acceptance Letter
3) Letter of Introduction

Be in possesion of other document s you used to apply for TRV

You would be given a form to fill on board where u would declare the amount you are holding....

Your study permit would be issued at the point of entry at the immigration, make sure the info on your study permit are correct before you leave the point of entry.
Thanks bruv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2012
artmostfair: MERRY XMAS BRO!
Merry Christmas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Xmass to all forumite.May God bless all of Us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Christmas all..forget all your worries and celebrate Jesus today

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hello House, the bank statement required by CDHC is it for the last 6months or for the last 4months?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
It says 6 months on the Nigeria specific check list.Merry Christmas
ezme: Hello House, the bank statement required by CDHC is it for the last 6months or for the last 4months?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
dealexad:
Thanks bruv

Remember to be confident (not cocky) although in my opinion canadian immigration is friendly compared to ukba who want a reason to deport you. Please don't forget the letter , cos gratis what you'll show for the permit to be issued. Very crucial
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2012
@Ezme is in the check list which say 6 months bank statement cash flow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2012
adim02: @Ezme is in the check list which say 6 months bank statement cash flow.

The thing is Mumsie has always been running her business with her savings account and now she just got it registered and with the impending cashless policy that would be hitting all other parts of Nigeria,I was suggesting she get another current account for the business but the snag there now is that it won't be 6months before the end of April when I would love to turn in my application. I would appreciate any suggestions from the House on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2012
hello forumites...please does anyone know how either the web reference or barcode number for tracking application look like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2012
ezme: The thing is Mumsie has always been running her business with her savings account and now she just got it registered and with the impending cashless policy that would be hitting all other parts of Nigeria,I was suggesting she get another current account for the business but the snag there now is that it won't be 6months before the end of April when I would love to turn in my application. I would appreciate any suggestions from the House on this.

Let mumsy continue running that savings account. Im sure she can still be paying into that account...

If she would be receiving cheques in lieu of cash into the current account due to the cashless whateva (which I doubt), she can still make transfer into the savings account which would keep dat account running till you get ur TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:58am On Dec 26, 2012
The account is ur mumsie's yeah? Then let her sponsor you in her personal capacity.you may include her biz docs as proof of her occupation but if the biz isn't sponsoring you, then the biz's official bank account statement has no biz in ur application. Work on showing ties to her and other parts to bolster your application. I believe you are good to go with ur mumsie's savings account.
ezme:

The thing is Mumsie has always been running her business with her savings account and now she just got it registered and with the impending cashless policy that would be hitting all other parts of Nigeria,I was suggesting she get another current account for the business but the snag there now is that it won't be 6months before the end of April when I would love to turn in my application. I would appreciate any suggestions from the House on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2012
Web ref has date of submission etc. Relax bruv, get across to your agent.
Idomaboi: hello forumites...please does anyone know how either the web reference or barcode number for tracking application look like?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2012
@ezme since the account is ur mums than you dont have problem.Am a worker and i have current and savings account.My current is my salaries account,so what i do some time clear d whole cash in current to savings 4 at least 2weeks then back again to current which i will use come fall 2013. what your mum need is transfer from current to savings.Cash flows matters alot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2012
@idomaboi reference 4 tracking application.NGA/Month,date,year/your number that day.Example.NGA/220512/0019/01.Hope your clear now.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2012
@idomaboi,are u having problems with tracking ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
Sir P!:

Remember to be confident (not cocky) although in my opinion canadian immigration is friendly compared to ukba who want a reason to deport you. Please don't forget the letter , cos gratis what you'll show for the permit to be issued. Very crucial

Aii bruv, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dealaxed,when are u travelling?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Just FYI.
A savings account isn't inferior to a current account. Important things are;
1. The account statement is for 6months as they requested
2. The cashflow shows viability (money dey enter and significant part of the money no dey 'always' comot 'quick quick' meaning say this person get 'savings' to sustain am and dependents)
3. The account is either yours or that of a sponsor (the sponsorship letter would have a statement referring to attached bank statement where bank statement is sponsor's)
4. The statement is authentic and verifiable by the issuing bank (u fit ask the bank to include a cover letter accompanying the statement)

NB: No 2 is tricky,I believe the VO's objective is to get an opinion on whether the sponsor (self or other sponsor)will have enogh funds after dealing his regular bills- 6 months is enough to say 'okay mama charly dey always spend like (average) of 100,000 per month so if e won sponsor charly, wen the normal say 400k enter every month and she comot 100k, based on history on 1/2 a year statement, do I think she go fit pay charly school fees, chop, pay house rent and other things w/out going broke? Try answering the questions it will help you. Type of account is not truly relevant

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
lucky Don: @idomaboi,are u having problems with tracking ur application?
yeah...i can't reach my agent to give me the application reference number and VAC won't give me...do u know any other way i can track?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
I 'm sure it must be through ur agent...don't u know his real contacts?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
lucky Don: I 'm sure it must be through ur agent...don't u know his real contacts?
i only know their office numbers..and they are switched when its not office hours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Idomaboi,are u on bbm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
lucky Don: Idomaboi,are u on bbm?
nope..not into black berry,here's my number 08064675432

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.