Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509386 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
earthgreeners:

xtus, na u hold camera snap dis one

Bros for d next one when u go upload I go dey among d ppl when dem go snap.

Bros earthgreeners....... U too strong!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lets keep praying forumites...thingss are delaying but can't be denied..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
eldred the don:

Congrats bro.....please what are the dates u submitted docs?...was called for medicals?......met ur conditions?....what school r u goin to?.....what course?....

Thanks Bro, Documents: I listed them earlier , you can check my prevoius comments
Applied: Sept 7
Meds: 23 Nov, did It 27th
Conditions met: 18th Dec submitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Siga: .....my guy...since u are heading to York...do u have a confirmed room....we have one Nairalander that is heading to Seneca at York u might need to hook up with....u guys may rent an apartment together and share the rent....just a suggestion ni oo.....meanwhile....let me know once u land....make we go for coffee....and I may introduce u to my boys for York....enough Naija students there ooo..... email me...noshaking2012@gmail.com

Thanks a lot big bros...I will send you a message asap, when I land,,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Idomaboi: Lets keep praying forumites...thingss are delaying but can't be denied..

Your mirracle is on its way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
genep:

Your mirracle is on its way.
AMEN and AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
You all should let CDHC know your selling points.
VO EG,check ur inbox.xtus,mercilicious and omosanya,sure all ur documents are originals?like,no commas?cos dis delay is not jst it.
earthgreeners:

Kai bros na Nokia 3310 I dey use ooo...BB pin: ?
but my email is earthgreeners@gmail.com

na this thread go make me find BB
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hello guys, this is for those that just got to ca . Please try n stay away from contract phones . I have a lot of friends who got the s3 and iphone5 on contract n they are seriously regretting it because they are paying almost triple the money they expected to pay n to get out of the contract they need to pay over 1000dollars. And also until you start working stay clear of rogers . They are thieves .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sir P!:
Hello guys, this is for those that just got to ca . Please try n stay away from contract phones . I have a lot of friends who got the s3 and iphone5 on contract n they are seriously regretting it because they are paying almost triple the money they expected to pay n to get out of the contract they need to pay over 1000dollars. And also until you start working stay clear of rogers . They are thieves .
contract as in buying the phones on contract?and who are Rogers?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
kenniy: ok..m in serious dilemma now..

just got a mail directly from CIC for medicals..not an update on vfs website, which by the way has not been updated even till now.. a direct mail with the medical instructions. no advice to make payment. just medicals. Thing is, my school (uOttawa) resumes class next week, and when I asked for resumptions extension yesterday, they said I have to wait till Fall 2013 if I cant make it to class by next friday. Am thinking of further appealing to them, and probably calling or mailing higher authorities in the school to appeal that.. dunno..

Just last night (before this medical instructions of cos), I made up my mind to retrieve my documents, and proceed to my plan B (UK), because I am running on a full FGN (NITDA) scholarship, and its time sensitive kinda.

At this point am totally lost. Any suggestions abeg?

Hello @Siga, abeg bros..could u please with ur opinion on this?? I for don email or PM u, but I kinda prefer have it out in the open..could be useful..thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
kayce43:
Ma broda , this exactly the same tin dat happend to me since 19th of December, till today no update on Vfs website, so my agency told me this morning dat they had to print the mail and take it to the embassy physically, so they get an update y my passport hasn't reached Vfs.

so you have just been waiting for an update since then? u didnt go ahead with the instructions? any update on today's visit to the embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
kenniy:

Hello @Siga, abeg bros..could u please with ur opinion on this?? I for don email or PM u, but I kinda prefer have it out in the open..could be useful..thanks..
.....even though classes starts next week.....one can still join within 2weeks....but, based on CDHC history.....I will put my money down that they wont issue ur TRV until February earliest....and at which point they will ask you to arrange a new resumption date....so...the main question is....ur grant....wen is the deadline on it...as in, when do u have to use it before loosing it....thats wat u should focus more on....free money no dey come everyday....if u can advise the grant people of the delay and they are willing to giv u till Fall....then I will say, defer ur admission till Fall and wait for CDHC to advise otherwise after medicals....but if ur Grant people cant wait....bros, I go advise u withdraw and face UK if u have a valid admission there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Flying Turkish Airlines on Sunday night...stop over at instanbul... Any nairalander going to Toronto same day? Love to hookup... My prayers go to all awaitees: pls keep d dreams alive!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
artmostfair: Flying Turkish Airlines on Sunday night...stop over at instanbul... Any nairalander going to Toronto same day? Love to hookup... My prayers go to all awaitees: pls keep d dreams alive!
....Is Toronto ur final destination?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Thanks Sir p, how about Fido (don't know if I spelt it correctly). Abeg I need as much cost savings/ budgeting tips as possible.
@idomaboi, Rogers is a telecom provider in Canada, heard they are the 'biggest'.
Sir P!:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Siga: .....even though classes starts next week.....one can still join within 2weeks....but, based on CDHC history.....I will put my money down that they wont issue ur TRV until February earliest....and at which point they will ask you to arrange a new resumption date....so...the main question is....ur grant....wen is the deadline on it...as in, when do u have to use it before loosing it....thats wat u should focus more on....free money no dey come everyday....if u can advise the grant people of the delay and they are willing to giv u till Fall....then I will say, defer ur admission till Fall and wait for CDHC to advise otherwise after medicals....but if ur Grant people cant wait....bros, I go advise u withdraw and face UK if u have a valid admission there....
oga Siga does it depend on the school to let you resume after two weeks or general in canada?cos i hope to get trv monday and class start tuesday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
adim02: @rockar please dont mind that your friend.If i may ask are for may intake?If yes better go and submit ur application.I google and i discovered that they are 24 colleges in ontario toronto north and south and at of that 24 colleges how many do offer PGD,most are just only undergraduate.Niagara college is a public college aproved by canadian govt.Most people that got their TRV that applied to some college like norquest college,i can count as many,that are not better than niagara with 4 campuse.Niagara is a city in ontario.What matter is your packaging and finance.Once any forumite recieve his/her Trv and mention college i try as much to google the school and find out every thing concerning that school.First to know if public or private before other things.

thanks a lot admin02. its a relief to hear this. pls if anyother person have anymore info concerning this, should share. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros ur questions fit make person forget say CDHC na Canadian Deputy High Commission
Abeg help me tell him ooo! Those it matter if its UG or PG!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
TRV_IJN: Thanks Sir p, how about Fido (don't know if I spelt it correctly). Abeg I need as much cost savings/ budgeting tips as possible.
@idomaboi, Rogers is a telecom provider in Canada, heard they are the 'biggest'.
...Fido is owned by Rogers as well....but abit cheaper than Rogers....and they dont have as much good phones like Rogers....but price is ok...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
Idomaboi:
oga Siga does it depend on the school to let you resume after two weeks or general in canada?cos i hope to get trv monday and class start tuesday
....u can register for classes before the first test....the prob is getting a spot as classes fill up fast....most schools have two classes...like mornings and evenings...the morning classes fill up fast so, u might have to go for evening classes...also, there are high demand classes which may be difficult to secure a spot...some electives might be low demand and u can still book a spot....u might have missed few assignments, but u can meet with ur Professor and he or she will most def allow u submit the past assignments...since ur late arrival is not ur fault....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Siga: ....u can register for classes before the first test....the prob is getting a spot as classes fill up fast....most schools have two classes...like mornings and evenings...the morning classes fill up fast so, u might have to go for evening classes...also, there are high demand classes which may be difficult to secure a spot...some electives might be low demand and u can still book a spot....u might have missed few assignments, but u can meet with ur Professor and he or she will most def allow u submit the past assignments...since ur late arrival is not ur fault....
i have actually registered for classes online..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
earthgreeners:
TEAM FALL 2013

1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG
6) kanayogod: UG
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG
9) jman77: UG
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18*) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG
26) Emblem: PG
27) Burningflamz: PG

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 04/01/2013 06:00pm

just a suggestion , I think we should all get a Bb and form a group there....abi?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Idomaboi:
i have actually registered for classes online..
...then no wahala.....just once u land....get close with ur classmates ...they will let u know which assignments u missed and ask when its due...if past due...go talk to ur Prof....with ur visa....so, u can show them u just landed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
TRV_IJN: Thanks Sir p, how about Fido (don't know if I spelt it correctly). Abeg I need as much cost savings/ budgeting tips as possible.

Be careful with that Fido, that is what am using. when i came here since people like Oga siga never dey active here nobody to guide me well,i made a mistake and signed a contract with them now crazy bills that i cant explain keep coming to me everymonth, just go for Wind Network its better for students
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
bashtee:

Be careful with that Fido, that is what am using. when i came here since people like Oga siga never dey active here nobody to guide me well,i made a mistake and signed a contract with them now crazy bills that i cant explain keep coming to me everymonth, just go for Wind Network its better for students
....Yea...Wind is the best in terms of cost....but Wind and most cheap guys go over Rogers, Bell and Telus networks....all Wind and those cheap guys do is buy channels from the big guys....dont ask how I knw.....but I work for one of dem big guys....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
Thanks @siga and @bashtee. Now I know what not to do but what then do you suggest? I would prefer using my own phone and just getting a line cos I would want a good phone but don't want contracts/high bills so early in my stay in Canada so pls what are my options?
bashtee:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
TRV_IJN: Thanks @siga and @bashtee. Now I know what not to do but what then do you suggest? I would prefer using my own phone and just getting a line cos I would want a good phone but don't want contracts/high bills so early in my stay in Canada so pls what are my options?
...Wind if its available where u are going...with that u are looking at between $25 to $40 monthly....depending on wat u have on it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
earthgreeners: xtus, mercylicious, adexcube et al....make una dey warm up ooooooo cos we go call una by next week

Amen oooooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Thanks Siga, I'm going to Toronto I guess Wind will be there since u r in toronto as well. Please any other saving/budgeting tips are welcome, as u remember pls share. Thanks..always appreciated
Siga: ...Wind if its available where u are going...with that u are looking at between $25 to $40 monthly....depending on wat u have on it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
TRV_IJN: Thanks Siga, I'm going to Toronto I guess Wind will be there since u r in toronto as well. Please any other saving/budgeting tips are welcome, as u remember pls share. Thanks..always appreciated
...yea...which school in Toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
@rockar is your PG for may or september intake 2013.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Siga: .....even though classes starts next week.....one can still join within 2weeks....but, based on CDHC history.....I will put my money down that they wont issue ur TRV until February earliest....and at which point they will ask you to arrange a new resumption date....so...the main question is....ur grant....wen is the deadline on it...as in, when do u have to use it before loosing it....thats wat u should focus more on....free money no dey come everyday....if u can advise the grant people of the delay and they are willing to giv u till Fall....then I will say, defer ur admission till Fall and wait for CDHC to advise otherwise after medicals....but if ur Grant people cant wait....bros, I go advise u withdraw and face UK if u have a valid admission there....

Deadline for grant is May.. just been wishful. cos for obvious reason, would prefer canada. yh..have a valid master with research admission to durham UK to resume Mar 1st..just hoping there is a route back..

so, what do u think my final option could be if I really wanna push my luck? My admission letter to uottawa already indicate i could resume this spring or fall2013..

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.