Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

How Secure Is Android Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Secure Is Android Phones? (747 Views)

Pls How Much Is Android Z9 Kimfly Company (china ) / Is Android L For Lockdown?(End of Rooting) / Why Is Android App Always Heavy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Secure Is Android Phones? by chrishenzo: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
How secure is Android Phones Application? I noticed that almost all Android Phone Applications connect to the internet automatically. Beside that, most of them run in the background without the user knowing about it. They have access to your phone contacts,messages,browsing history, call history,location and most other things you cannot even imagine.

For someone that like privacy, is there any application that can prevent them from starting and also connecting to the internet automatically?
Re: How Secure Is Android Phones? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
chrishenzo: How secure is Android Phones Application? I noticed that almost all Android Phone Applications connect to the internet automatically. Beside that, most of them run in the background without the user knowing about it. They have access to your phone contacts,messages,browsing history, call history,location and most other things you cannot even imagine.

For someone that like privacy, is there any application that can prevent them from starting and also connecting to the internet automatically?

droidwall
Re: How Secure Is Android Phones? by brianromel(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2012
joeydozzy:

droidwall

Thank you my bro. Thats all oh Download droidwall from the market.

open it and select the apps u want internet access for 3G networks. save the log and enable the firewall.

Nothing else will have access apart from the apps you specified,even if background sync and automatic sync is on on your account and sync option in your phone settings.

On my glo sim i only provide access to opera mobile,watsapp and gmail.
Re: How Secure Is Android Phones? by chrishenzo: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2012
joeydozzy: droidwall

Thanks guys. I guess some companies will hate you guys for leaking this information to me
Re: How Secure Is Android Phones? by brianromel(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
forgot to mention, for droidwall to work, your mobile has to be rooted.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get/expose The One Who Stole My BB? / Where Are Thuraya Phones / MTN 5* Bonus And Every Other Bonus Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.