Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria (18189 Views)

Get Free University Schoolarship,discover How2score 300 In Jamb Garranteed / Application For Tuition Free University In Norway Is On / Registration In Progress: Tuition Free University In Norway, Finland Sweeden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by queensmith: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
This will be a bliss project, the only concerns is be the obvious; if the target is academically excellent students it will no longer be available for those that truly need it (the free education). If it isn't trustees might not see the incentive of running it. What a paradox.

Hold on is he a politician? Where's he gonna get the money from? Is he planning to steal state funds for his foundation? Oluwa ooo! What will I not see!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by ajileko: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
:DThis reminded me of the tale of Nso.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by gokewilliams: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ds is highly commendable if implemented.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
ifihearam: This na real tales by moon light
This man is so unserious
Free university education my foot
Even the federal government will not dare
He should keep deceiving himself and his people.

Oga na wetin be ur problem sef? why are you sooo sure he can't do it? Was it not the same reaction a lot of people put up ten years ago when he started with free secondary schools Okorocha is an educated man and knows the challenges that can come with managing a free University much more than you can imagine angry If he said it, it means he and his collaborators are up to the task! Think before you post please!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
chrishenzo: [size=14pt]Please Seun and His Demi-gods, it is high time you guys stop posting thread with "To Build, To Manufacture, Will These, Will That " on the front page. You guys can monitor the "To Build Project" until it has been completed. We have seen a lot of "To This To That " but nothing to show of it.

Please I take God beg una, stop putting this on the front page. I don't know about others, but as for me I am fed up with it. I need action not words

Thank you
[/size]

U sound like u read anywhere that d Imo state govt wil build a free university. Now listen Rochas Okorocha who owns Rochas Foundation is d businessman who can b distinguished from d Politician in d Imo state govt. His charity organisation, RF wishes to add a university to their list of laudable achievements aimed at empowering indigent Nigerians. They have foreign and local patners and donors incase u think it is Imo state taxpayers` money. So it is doable for all doubting thomases. I won't blame u guys cos we've believed so much and got spanked severally. We've lost hope in govt but never u doubt it when u hear that Dangote plans the world largest power plant....cos he is not govt. He's a capitalist bizman who will do anything for more money. So is Rochas Okorocha.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
niddamugu: What is this man up to?....My wife returned from Umuahia to Lagos yesterday. In fact she could not help but sing the praise of Rochas. She said Owerri is something else in terms of beauty........... Gr8 job Rochas.

There is nothing impossible. Where there is a will there is a way.

^^^Peeps are talking of Owerri being beautiful and all that, but i'm yet to see pics/videos of said beauty. I score him high on passion and vision for his state, and i'm one of his biggest fans, but i wasn't impressed with what i saw (concerning road construction only) in a recent video of his one year in office: i didn't see one completed good road, or serious on-going construction on any road that could give one an idea of how the quality would finally be; all i saw in the video was caterpillers moving earth, and cleared/graded roads yet to be attended to.

So anyone with pics/videos of said 'beauty' of Owerri should post them for heavens sake, or keep quiet.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Spirit96(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
3 GUN SHOT 4 DIS DISTINCT N PECULIAR POLIHELPER. D MAN HAS ALL IT TAKES 2 ACCOMPLISH D PROJECT. HE IS ALWAYS THERE 4 D LESS PRIVILEGE. WHEN DIS VISION IS FULFILLED, I WILL BE PART OF IT BY GIVING PART TIME LECTURES 4 FREE. I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT HE WILL BE SUPPORTED BY SOME ORGANS, AGENCIES N PHILANTROPICS. LET'S KEEP PRAYING 4 HIM N ALL OTHER GOOD NIGERIANS THAT HAVE D COMMON MAN IN THEIR HRT.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
I personally dont care if it is jonathan's father's money he is going to use to fund dat ish, all i know is dat even if the uni can only accomodate 10 persons; i and the rest of my family members and even my children too must be in there, i don't know about you guys. Afterall its our money.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
Regarding other areas like education health and tourism, he's doing well. smiley
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Sanguine77(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Well... It is practically and economically possible and viable to build a tuition free varsity where the indigent but bright students can have a glimmer of hope. The issue now is; how possible will his projects be after he bows out of the stage. Time will tell.
(Offside... Why is he still quarreling with almost everybody in Imo state: civil servants, former local council chairmen, 10,000 sacked graduates, unheld local govt elections, Owerri nchi ise people, Alvan ikoku fed. coll. of Edu management and almost all the people that voted 4 him?)

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Emyogalanya: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
Can u just dare to take it easy these idiots called northern nigerian u are doing this for as much as u no dey nack head for ground e no concern them o i know say na govt house abuja dey ur mind
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by badesco(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Gov. Rochas Okorocha would probably be the best Governor in Nigeria, because most of his programs are for the masses.The has a vision
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by mankand(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Is Winners Chapel,' Redeem Christian Church e.t.c reading dis posts? Believe me, if they are truly sent by God they claimed, then they can use the tithes they receive in church to run their universities and not another Robin Hood.

Long Live Rochas a good example

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by EASY39(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] rochas God bless u
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by wendytilda(f): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sanguine77: Well... It is practically and economically possible and viable to build a tuition free varsity where the indigent but bright students can have a glimmer of hope. The issue now is; how possible will his projects be after he bows out of the stage. Time will tell.
(Offside... Why is he still quarreling with almost everybody in Imo state: civil servants, former local council chairmen, 10,000 sacked graduates, unheld local govt elections, Owerri nchi ise people, Alvan ikoku fed. coll. of Edu management and almost all the people that voted 4 him?)
Don't get me wrong, I love Rochas and I'm all for the positive things he's done so far. But I'd like an answer to this question too!?!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by asha80(m): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
wendytilda:
Don't get me wrong, I love Rochas and I'm all for the positive things he's done so far. But I'd like an answer to this question too!?!

Donmeca:

U sound like u read anywhere that d Imo state govt wil build a free university. Now listen Rochas Okorocha who owns Rochas Foundation is d businessman who can b distinguished from d Politician in d Imo state govt. His charity organisation, RF wishes to add a university to their list of laudable achievements aimed at empowering indigent Nigerians. They have foreign and local patners and donors incase u think it is Imo state taxpayers` money. So it is doable for all doubting thomases. I won't blame u guys cos we've believed so much and got spanked severally. We've lost hope in govt but never u doubt it when u hear that Dangote plans the world largest power plant....cos he is not govt. He's a capitalist bizman who will do anything for more money. So is Rochas Okorocha.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
doctokwus: Tuition free university is neither practical nor sustainable.Its either d report is wrong in d sense dat it won't b absolutely free or d funding will come frm somewhere dat wudnt benefit d state

Right on point +1000
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
PapaBrowne: SUSTAINABILITY.

How do you sustain a university without any grants or tuition fees. Wouldn't quality be affected seriously.

Except he is going to use tax payers money to run it. Seriously,a university is totally different from a secondary school.

Leave Nigerians to their usual broad day light dreams of impossibility. Perhaps we do not know the cost of running a good university and that is why we can keep thinking such is possible. After all, most schools are below standards in Nigeria as such, people have over the years learnt to compromise quality for quantity.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by automatenigeria: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
AUTOMATED GATE SYSTEMS.

AUTOMATED GATES, CCTV, Lutron Light/Shade Control, Multi-Source Custom Audio/Video Distribution System, Custom Home Theater, Hotel IPTV Video On Demand Solution, PABX (INTERCOM), INTRUDER/FIRE ALARM, ACCESS CONTROL, Fibre and Electric Perimeter fence, Window Glass Laminate for Break-in Resistant, Bullet and Bomb Blast Resistant for Vehicle and Buildings.
Walk Through Metal Detectors, Entry/Exit Gate Barrier.

We are expert in security/safety, lifestyle and convinience solutions.

We supply, install and maintain the above mentioned at affordable prices for corporate organisations, public individuals (end users) house, Government, Security Agencies, schools, hotels, Halls, Clubs, Oil Rigs, Ships, Warehouse, Plaza, Bonded Terminals etc. For more information, pls contact hot lines: 07033992255 , 08033520812, email: alarmnigeria@yahoo.com

(Serious Callers Please!!!)

Kindly note that we deal directly with end users and trained /installers.

Supplies and quotation are based on survey and requirements

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by extension: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
Folks,why cant we send ideas to the governor instead of running him down for this beautiful project for the poor.
I will suggest to him whoever graduate from that school should teach or work as non-teaching staff for 4-5 years
mandately just like nysc posting.He will only pay for other overhead not lecturers after the first graduates.
There are many free universities for blacks in usa and some will like you to work for them after your first degree.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by kaze4blues(m): 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
chrishenzo: [size=14pt]Please Seun and His Demi-gods, it is high time you guys stop posting thread with "To Build, To Manufacture, Will These, Will That " on the front page. You guys can monitor the "To Build Project" until it has been completed. We have seen a lot of "To This To That " but nothing to show of it.

Please I take God beg una, stop putting this on the front page. I don't know about others, but as for me I am fed up with it. I need action not words

Thank you
[/size]
hw does it affect u? Boss

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by buemene(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
It amazes me how some here reason when it comes to running a free tartiary institution. Nordic part of the world comprising of Iceland, Sweden, Norway etc have already demonstrated the sustainability and practicability of such an undertaken. Free tertiary education is a possibility and Owelle Rochas Okorocha wants to demonstrate it in Africa and all I see here is cynicism and criticism. Lets give him the needed succor.

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by damilola15: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
And how does he plan to fund it. Free primary education sef is having problem not to talk of University.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by MrEverest(m): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
Another Okija:

What does Rochas Okorocha do for a living...

How does he make his money?!
why are u so dumb? I wz enjoying myself while goin 2ru reasonable articles until i stumbled on ur post, which i believe must hav assaulted all d enlightened folks on nairaland! Let me ask u a question, was Robinhood regarded as a villain or a hero? Pls learn 2 b appreciative 4 once n stop peddling ignorance in public.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by AnotherOkija: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr Everest: why are u so dumb? I wz enjoying myself while goin 2ru reasonable articles until i stumbled on ur post, which i believe must hav assaulted all d enlightened folks on nairaland! Let me ask u a question, was Robinhood regarded as a villain or a hero? Pls learn 2 b appreciative 4 once n stop peddling ignorance in public.

Sorry!!

But whats Rochas' source of Income..

SImple question.. If you know please state it and stop running you diarrhea infested mouth..
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
You people are just wasting your time on nothing. Rochas foundation is a different charity organization from Imo State Government and should not be regarded as an achievement from the Governorship point of view. Rochas does not fund Rochas foundation which relies mainly on funds from bigger charity organizations scattered globally.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Another Okija:

Sorry!!

But whats Rochas' source of Income..

SImple question.. If you know please state it and stop running you diarrhea infested mouth..

Why don't you go out there and research it for yourself. But certainly, he is not into importing substandard products and other heinous things that affects innocent average Nigerians.

He is going a great job and putting money to good use for the benefit of the less privileged and future generation.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by kinnex(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
mankand: Is Winners Chapel,' Redeem Christian Church e.t.c reading dis posts? Believe me, if they are truly sent by God they claimed, then they can use the tithes they receive in church to run their universities and not another Robin Hood.

Abeg, go and sit down jor! Mtcheeew..
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
wendytilda:

Because they are corrupt. Simple and short. He is a no nonsense man. For you to enact fundamental change, you must step on big toes.

I have never been proud of my state since the time of Sam Mbakwe cool.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
Love Live Rochas. Long Live the Rescue Mission.

The foundation Sam Mbakwe laid is still enjoyed today. The foundation Rochas is laying will benefit future generation years to come.

God make me a billionaire, let me follow in Rochas path cool. We will keep him for another 20years cheesy. If he goes astray, the enlightened and educated electorates will shove him just like we did that Tout Ohakim.

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Peeps are talking of Owerri being beautiful and all that, but i'm yet to see pics/videos of said beauty. I score him high on passion and vision for his state, and i'm one of his biggest fans, but i wasn't impressed with what i saw (concerning road construction only) in a recent video of his one year in office: i didn't see one completed good road, or serious on-going construction on any road that could give one an idea of how the quality would finally be; all i saw in the video was caterpillers moving earth, and cleared/graded roads yet to be attended to.

So anyone with pics/videos of said 'beauty' of Owerri should post them for heavens sake, or keep quiet.

Owerri is indeed beautiful. More works on the way sha tongue to make it the Transistor Valley of Nigeria AKA ICT hub.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nathaniel Olayinka, Kidnapped FUNAAB Student Regains Freedom / Speculators Sell OAU Ife Land For N2.8 Billion / FG Approves Edwin Clark's Varsity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.