Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria (18180 Views)

Get Free University Schoolarship,discover How2score 300 In Jamb Garranteed / Application For Tuition Free University In Norway Is On / Registration In Progress: Tuition Free University In Norway, Finland Sweeden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Immaangel(f): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
He wants 2 build free university mtcheew, while we ar here suffering imo state university afta his promises of free education!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
taaaaaaaa.....this is just shear fraud. how does he want to go about such a massive project? how will the school generate funds to run its demands?
yu guys should wake up. we are in 2012.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
"What men don't understand they criticise, what they understand they destroy"

"Let he who say it can't be done not stop he who says it can be done"

"Never you say never"

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
crackhouse: now i can see the PDP members in NL.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by AnotherOkija: 3:54am On Jun 13, 2012
Olodostein:

Why don't you go out there and research it for yourself. But certainly, he is not into importing substandard products and other heinous things that affects innocent average Nigerians.

He is going a great job and putting money to good use for the benefit of the less privileged and future generation.

Epic fail..

If I asked the question, that means I have researched and found nothing.. A man cant be that wealthy and not have any visible source of income..

If you do not know the answer to a question, biko keep quiet..

[size=18pt]DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT ROCHAS DOES FOR A LIVING?! [/size] Is he a government contractor, importer, exporter, what company, where are they located, who do they employ or is he just another politician with so much money from doing nothing...

Onya ajuju adighi efu uzo.. I humbly await and answer..
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by imatalk(m): 5:37am On Jun 13, 2012
PapaBrowne: SUSTAINABILITY.

How do you sustain a university without any grants or tuition fees. Wouldn't quality be affected seriously.

Except he is going to use tax payers money to run it. Seriously,a university is totally different from a secondary school.

hi sir
this is one truth nugerians have not exploited yet.
giving of alms to d needy
av u not read of the man who started an orphanage witout an income, but had the passion to help. He only believed God for provision per day
latter on in his liffe he had thousands of kids who had three descent meals per day.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:02am On Jun 13, 2012
Kudos to Rochas Owelle on this.
Sometimes we can't help but say thanks to people with a wonderful vision even b4 they execute it.
some vision are not common, and whoever has such a vision is great and must be apreciated.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by MCCARTHY01(m): 6:06am On Jun 13, 2012
Rochas! My role model!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:12am On Jun 13, 2012
Now anybody that doubts Rochas free uni vision are not to be blamed,its a societal issue.
This type of vision are found and is common among people from SE/SS,
i mean those born and live in se/ss not living outside this region.
The reason is, many beautiful churches are built by individual and gave as gift to church here in the east.
Many electricity,schools,hospitals well equiped mansions are free gift from people to SE/SS society.

Any free thing outside SE/SS society are from gov,individual from this region doesn't help the society.
Dangote,Adenuga and Otedola with all their wealth doesn't give any free things,
but IBETO and Ogbuawa has hundreads if not thousands of free education in their credit to the society. can we see now.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by imatalk(m): 6:12am On Jun 13, 2012
Another Okija:

Epic fail..

If I asked the question, that means I have researched and found nothing.. A man cant be that wealthy and not have any visible source of income..

If you do not know the answer to a question, biko keep quiet..

[size=18pt]DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT ROCHAS DOES FOR A LIVING?! [/size] Is he a government contractor, importer, exporter, what company, where are they located, who do they employ or is he just another politician with so much money from doing nothing...
I do a bit of charity myself and my feats does not dipict source of income.. Because i just believe GOD take care of me
he that giveth to the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse..Proverbs 28:27

Onya ajuju adighi efu uzo.. I humbly await and answer..
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:26am On Jun 13, 2012
am a living example, late 90s and early 2000s i have a free education project to almost 17 children was benefited from it.
primary school and few secondary school.

then my acounts was at 3 to 5 million naira. the sacrifies was "no luxury life" in other to keep to my project.
i run this project 6-7 years before i left naija.

how was the vision, so challenging right? i never discuss this before. but am saying it cus some people from other background found this impossible.

come to the east its common. Even my friend richer than me then immitates me and guess what he still run his till date.
ofcourse i have a criterial, otherwise the number will be too much for me.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:28am On Jun 13, 2012
Infact it is common among us, think of it kalu does heart foundation, mikel promise helps to old eagles and duncan mighty founding some projects etc.
these they learn from our society and it is now in our gene to help the needy.

come to the east now and ask 10 to 20 little kids a question like if you grow up and become very wealthy what will you do with the wealth?
99% of these children will give answers like "build a church as gift, build a school and award free education, helping the society etc"
for me i don't blame whoever doubts this because society plays a big role to this.

So kudos to rochas
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:46am On Jun 13, 2012
there was a case about this in my town years back.

The igwe of our town promise to build a vocational centre for the town,
a guy at his early 30s start crying and say over his dead body, and people almost beat him up
for interupted the igwe's speech and bundle him out from there.

later we hear why he said that. now listen.
"he said, that has been his life long project, infact he is living and working hard to achive that, how can igwe come from no where a take it away from him".
when igwe learnt of that he shocked, and promise the guy to patner with him, the guy cried and said that he can shear anytin in his life but not this"
No option works untill, the igwe allow him to, and he started but cus of financial prob it took him longer than neccessary, many people helped him,
but as a borrow cus he refuse helps.

i blv other region has areas they are also very good at. Go to northern chuches,
when they want to build for God there just call pple from SE and they will do their best.
ask any pastor or priest about this.

its now in our gene to help the church, help the poor, help the needy and other help help help.
we do it as appreciating God for his wonderful deeds to us.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by deltaforce7(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2012
There is nothing that is impossible to them that believe. If Rochas Foundation decided to build a free university it is because they know it is possible. Let's not become overly negative minded and lose sight of God's blessings!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by lastpage: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2012
Sometimes you wonder how old are these Thread Posters?
Imagine, first "free" University in Nigeria! shocked shocked

Obafemi Awolowo has been running free education in Western Nigeria since the 60's and my own parents were one of those who went to UNIVERSITY FOR FREE, in those days.
Even my elder siblings still enjoyed "completely free" education at Unilag, as at the late seventies!
I myself enjoyed "small freebies" from their free education (back in those days, students are entitled to free food tickets and they can give anyone they fancy! wink ) back then.

So much for ignorance in this current generation!
cry cry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Maximus17(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2012
i just hope he has calculated the present and future cost of this investment and does not run into bankruptcy someday
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by greaterlove(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2012
I give kudos to rochas, but we need to know when to stop freebies. If he is talking of basic education being free I will applaud very well for him, but guys university education is not cheap. He can talk of givind scholarships to qualified indigenes but I don't buy the idea of free university.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by abugbe(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2012
GOD will BLESS u for all ur good works. Dis ar the type of people we in Dis Country an i Know GOD will give us more of them.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Sammyblaq(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2012
datz ntn imposible...1c dia's will there must be a way.
Dont get the 'free' twisted...a little deposit which will seem free to a student.

ROCHAS datz ntn imposible...1c dia's will there must be a way.
Dont get the 'free' twisted...a little deposit which will seem free to a student.

ROCHAS
datz ntn imposible...1c dia's will there must be a way.

ROCHAS
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Ideyontop: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2012
GUYS MAKE UNA DEY ENCOURAGE THIS MAN ABEG.DO YOU THINK HE IS CRAZY TO MAKE SUCH CLAIMS AND IT IS FALSE? I BELIEVE HE HAS BEEN PLANNING THIS THING FOR A WHILE AND IS JUST UNVEILING HIS PLANS.WHAT DO YOU DO? ENCOURAGE HIM TO RIDE ON! IS HE ASKING YOU TO CONTRIBUTE? ASKING YOU TO CONTRIBUTE?[/font]
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Ideyontop: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2012
GUYS MAKE UNA DEY ENCOURAGE THIS MAN ABEG.DO YOU THINK HE IS CRAZY TO MAKE SUCH CLAIMS AND IT IS FALSE? I BELIEVE HE HAS BEEN PLANNING THIS THING FOR A WHILE AND IS JUST UNVEILING HIS PLANS.WHAT DO YOU DO? ENCOURAGE HIM TO RIDE ON! IS HE ASKING YOU TO CONTRIBUTE? [/font]
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by guonno: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2012

How do you sustain a university without any grants or tuition fees. Wouldn't quality be affected seriously.

Except he is going to use tax payers money to run it. Seriously,a university is totally different from a secondary school.

[size=24pt]

YOUR DIRECTION OF THOUGHT IMPRESSED ME!
THE TAX SYSTEM IN IMO STATE IS SO TRANSPARENT THAT A KOBO IS NOT EASILY LOST. IF ALL NIGERIANS WERE TO BE PAYING TAX THE WAY THE IMO PEOPLE PAY, THEN I THINK THERE WILL LOTS OF MONEY ON THE TABLE, BUT CORRUPTION WOULD NOT EVEN LET TAX COLLECTORS DELIVER WHAT THEY COLLECT. IT IS EASY FOR A BUSINESS MAN TO EVADE TAX BUT A CIVIL SERVANT WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO, 90% OF IMO STATE PEOPLE ARE CIVIL SERVANTS UNLIKE THEIR ANAMBRA AND ABIA BROTHERS.

[/size]
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by mbulela: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2012
niddamugu: What is this man up to?....My wife returned from Umuahia to Lagos yesterday. In fact she could not help but sing the praise of Rochas. She said Owerri is something else in terms of beauty........... Gr8 job Rochas.

I am of the view that Ohakim is a crook and had no business being a governor but let truth be told, Owerri had been like that before Okorocha showed up.
The beauty of Owerri can not be ascribed to Okorocha.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by johpeace: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2012
Well his administration has been up and dow full of criticisms
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by johpeace: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2012
I thank u all for ur comments.But 2 be sincere Rochas hs done so many things in d state.
But d impoverishment of d people Ohakim gave hope thru jobs is notin to write home abt.Though Ohakim didnt do it well and corrupted d whole gud intention,does dt warrant the total sack of these Imo indigenes who hv started work and gotten paid?Some hvnt been employed for over 15 yrs.
This is totally unfair and unacceptable.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by kollymercy(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2012
So many people re funny on this thread!

U re talking about he is not creating jobs, so the University to be constructed is gonna be occupied by ghost abi?

Don't u know some lecturers will teach there? Dont you know a lot of shops/restaurants/cab drivers etc will be working there?

Don't forget the 100 of workers that ll be involved in construction works there?

Whether State Money or not, let us call a spade a spade! Rochas is the man!

Ok, U have Ibori and u re crying and cursing, now God has blessed you with Rochas and you pple re crying foul again!

Na wa for Nigerians o....

His College here in Oke Ado, Ibadan, I know a woman in my church who had 2 boys there, the first one graduated last year, and he didnt only

pass WAEC and Neco brilliantly well, he even score very high in Jamb and has gotten admission in OAU!!

So, U guys shld just commend this guy small abeg! Awon afubi soloore eda!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by ehie007(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
For your wedding, events photography, you don't need to search far, we are right here.

We deliver exceptional services.

Contact us at www.emujphotography.com.ng (Phone no: 07041868162)
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by inene: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
A man who cannot pay civil servants their legitimate earnings is 'going to build' a 'free' university. This should be added to aesop fables but this time in the 20th century. Even Rochas deludes himself. I am watching where all this delusion will lead him to.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by wilybabe(f): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2012

tank u very much u are reasoning.where will he get the money 2 maintain the university.hw will he pay the staff
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by CY09: 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
Leoejiofor: What of employment, he have nt done anything in that aspect. Is only to construct road's, nd graduating people every year. Without minding that , ther are many people that are jobless in his state. The schools we have in nigeria today is enough for us.
y sounding myopic? dia z enuf school n yet every govt owned sch practices a quota system. th private 1's r not helping mataz n u r hia saying dia z enuf sch.
talking about joblessness, problems are solved one after d other, besides schooling helps one 2 b creative so afta schooling u could be an enterprenuer what about that?
Frnd try to be objective n not subjective in your approach to matters.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by CY09: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
ekwah: at Another Okija: "The government already has so much on its plate to be concerned with Rochas' Free University scheme which is nothing more than an ill-thought out political move."

No no no! don't even go there at all! angry After saving lots of families and kids from the streets by offering them an opportunity non of the other damned politicians ever cared to provide, you have the guts to call his plans a politcal move why people dey behave like dis sef? Okorocha opened his foundation in the 90's, built five free schools across different regions in the country and is planning to further extend it to university level, and all you can say is it is an "ill-thought political move"[/color] I think you can make a better analysis bro. His foundation has nothing to do with his political ambition (He has reiterated that on so many occasions).

besides if I were to put on your glasses, what makes his move ill-thought?
guy u get time to dey explain give dis person. whosoever have a problem with what he (Rochas) is doing should go n hang himself. person do bad dem go tok, person do good dem go still tok. na wa 4 una o! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks To Get JAMB 2017 And DE Forms / Writing Jamb This Saturday? You Must Read This! / Bayelsa Medical Varsity Takes Off, Matriculates 208 Students In Nine Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.