Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate (1597 Views)

Google Code Jam Contest 2013 / Google Code Jam 2012 Registration Is Open / Marek Cygan Wins Google Code Jam 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by TheArbiter: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
Nigeria was represented in this year's Google code jam by 34 participants. Sadly, none made it through the qualification round. The Russians have the highest number of qualified contestants so far.

Any1 knows who the Nigerian participants may be. They deserve recognition for participating.

Check out the participants according to country in the link below.

http://www.go-hero.net/jam/12/regions

http://www.go-hero.net/jam/12/regions/Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by naijaswag1: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2012
I officially known as naija_swag on Nairaland,tksilicon on googlecodejam and codeforces and other algorithm challenge sites participated.Sorry for letting folks here down,I swear on my grandfathers grave that I will get to a reasonable level next year.Am even dreaming of the finals,its humans not aliens that go to the final and I am human!

If you want to know the reason why Russians are dominating,visit codeforces.com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2012
i missed this, I'll shoot for next year.
tksilicon, can u share what you were trying to do with your speaking in tongues class?

you weren't catching any exceptions though. you are way better atleast you gave your shot.
Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by naijaswag1: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
@webdezzi heres the problem
[b]Problem

We have come up with the best possible language here at Google, called Googlerese. To translate text into Googlerese, we take any message and replace each English letter with another English letter. This mapping is one-to-one and onto, which means that the same input letter always gets replaced with the same output letter, and different input letters always get replaced with different output letters. A letter may be replaced by itself. Spaces are left as-is.

For example (and here is a hint!), our awesome translation algorithm includes the following three mappings: 'a' -> 'y', 'o' -> 'e', and 'z' -> 'q'. This means that "a zoo" will become "y qee".

Googlerese is based on the best possible replacement mapping, and we will never change it. It will always be the same. In every test case. We will not tell you the rest of our mapping because that would make the problem too easy, but there are a few examples below that may help.

Given some text in Googlerese, can you translate it to back to normal text?
Solving this problem

Usually, Google Code Jam problems have 1 Small input and 1 Large input. This problem has only 1 Small input. Once you have solved the Small input, you have finished solving this problem.
Input

The first line of the input gives the number of test cases, T. T test cases follow, one per line.

Each line consists of a string G in Googlerese, made up of one or more words containing the letters 'a' - 'z'. There will be exactly one space (' ') character between consecutive words and no spaces at the beginning or at the end of any line.
Output

For each test case, output one line containing "Case #X: S" where X is the case number and S is the string that becomes G in Googlerese.
Limits

1 ≤ T ≤ 30.
G contains at most 100 characters.
None of the text is guaranteed to be valid English.
Sample
Input
ejp mysljylc kd kxveddknmc re jsicpdrysi
rbcpc ypc rtcsra dkh wyfrepkym veddknkmkrkcd
de kr kd eoya kw aej tysr re ujdr lkgc jv

Output
Case #1: our language is impossible to understand
Case #2: there are twenty six factorial possibilities
Case #3: so it is okay if you want to just give up

All problem statements, input data and contest analyses are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
© 2008-2012 Google Google Home - Terms and Conditions
[/b][/b][b]

About the exceptions.In algorithms challenges,the major goal is not to catch exception as in a real application,you can allow the exception fizzle out via the main method by throwing the mothers of all the exceptions you might encounter(l learned this from bruce eckels thinking in java).You are expected to output solutions which is the goal.So you will see that my main method throws an ioexception incase it didnt find those files but you are sure those files will be there,you would have tested the solution on your system before uploading for correctness check.
Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
I understand there is a 4 minute timer and it's taking me 4 minutes to read this.
Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by bakenda(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2012
Looks like omo_to_dun was there too.
Re: Nigeria Represented In Google Code Jam, Russians Dominate by Fayimora(m): 12:21am On Jun 14, 2012
Hahaha ok I would behave.. LMAOOOOOO! Seriously? At least am sure @sayo_marvel did not participate.. This is funny tho

(1) (Reply)

Application Of Sim Hosting | Sme Data | Vtu | Bulksms | Otp | Vote | Chat / Nairaland's February Front Page Data Analysis / How Can I Become A Web Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.