Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! (11774 Views)

White People Playing the country of Western Nigeria Yoruba Games Of Ayo / GEJ, PDP Setting Confusion In Southwest Nigeria-yoruba Elders' Council. / NDPH Commissions The Biggest Transmission Sub-station At Oke-aro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Aro meta in Yoruba literally means the tripod or the proverbial three-legged stool. It carries an even deeper meaning into the customs and mysteries of rituals in Yorubaland. Aro Meta is a living dynamics and symbolizes stability or balance. Here with this topic I will address a political meaning for Aro Meta.

Many of you have heard of the successful stratagem, tri-angulation, used by Bill Clinton in his Presidency to defeat political opponents, matter of fact, Clinton is often popularly referred to as the "Triangulator". Republican think tanks adopted this strategy and employed it successfully in the heated campaign between George Bush and John Kerry in 2004 elections. Tri-angulation has since earned entry into publications and books on political theories.

Tri-angulation also occur in science. Signal communication and transponding with earth-orbitting satellites is accomplished via tri-angulation.

On the Nigerian political landscape, all people entering into Lagos on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway must encounter the ARO META statutes on arrival. In Yoruba cosmology, balance or stability symbolizes order. In other words, out of the chaos and turmoil of life struggles, we must find order.

As we head into the future of Nigeria we no doubt acknowledge the chaos and turmoil of our politics.

As far as Negro is concerned, there are only two races of people in Nigeria; Yoruba and the Others! Yorubas are the pioneers of political progress in the country but the chaos exist in the others and its component parts - Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Ijaw and so on. So how do we bring order out of this chaotic mixup?

Follow this thread as I bring them to you in a "share-as-you-go" manner. I would love to hear what ideas you have to help us bring order into our politics, particularly as we head into 2015 political turf battles.

1 Like

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by nduchucks: 12:54am On Jun 13, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

As far as Negro is concerned, there are only two races of people in Nigeria; Yoruba and the Others!

What would be your objection to removing the above inflammatory sentence from your post? BTW, do you believe in the hundreds of years old belief in yorubaland that "Aro meta ki d'obe nu" (pot of soup no dey spill if you dey warm the soup on top of tripod)? Well, that adage is a doggone lie. cheesy

Anyway, proceed with your exercise, something tells me that this will be a very interesting thread.

1 Like

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Afam4eva(m): 5:54am On Jun 13, 2012
Pls, Igbos should ignore this thread.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 6:09am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva: Pls, Igbos should ignore this thread.
we always ignore threads from primitive people. We have nothing to learn or share from them. Aro metal in the 21st century. This people are dragging us back. I wish they could be dropped from Nigeria. A poison
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 7:04am On Jun 13, 2012
With 4000 thousand Ibos on death raw in Iran?. . .480 Ibos in thailand solitary confinements waiting to be hanged after committing various drug related offences?. With kidnapping taking over the whole south east?. . .With young Ibo girls selling thier babies for just 30 000 naira? You are a fool.

Mr. Globe:

we always ignore threads from primitive people. We have nothing to learn or share from them. Aro metal in the 21st century. This people are dragging us back. I wish they could be dropped from Nigeria. A poison

4 Likes

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by PointB: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva: Pls, Igbos should ignore this thread.

That is one of Gbawe's well 'balanced' and objective posters, from his SW/AC.N who normally don't engage in ethnic supremacy. I agree we should give this ranting a wide berth.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 7:41am On Jun 13, 2012
Of what business of your is this thread? Are you done with your parliamentary election already? Even their so-called objective folks can't stay away from ethnic bigotry. SMH!

PointB:

That is one of Gbawe's well 'balanced' and objective posters, from his SW/AC.N who normally don't engage in ethnic supremacy. I agree we should give this ranting a wide berth.

1 Like

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by PointB: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Of what business of your is this thread? Are you done with your parliamentary election already? Even their so-called objective folks can't stay away from ethnic bigotry. SMH!

Firstly, it is my business to post in any thread. Secondly there is no on-going parliamentary election. ThirdIy what you think of me is immaterial. Finally I believe my point was noted.

Again:

PointB:

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Yeske2(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2012
ndu_chucks:

What would be your objection to removing the above inflammatory sentence from your post? BTW, do you believe in the hundreds of years old belief in yorubaland that "Aro meta ki d'obe nu" (pot of soup no dey spill if you dey warm the soup on top of tripod)? Well, that adage is a doggone lie. cheesy

Anyway, proceed with your exercise, something tells me that this will be a very interesting thread.
Bless you
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2012
Noted. . .now walk along.

PointB:

Firstly, it is my business to post in any thread. Secondly there is no on-going parliamentary election. ThirdIy what you think of me is immaterial. Finally I believe my point was noted.

Again:

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2012
*Now googling the name and tribe of the WORLD record holder of the most singularly ingested cocaine and also the name and tribe of who previously held the record. This must be interesting.. cheesy
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2012
The coward is running. . .! Don't side-step like some lil'bytching pusssy. I'll love to make you look like the fool you are. Bring it ON!!!

Mr. Globe:
*Now googling the name and tribe of the WORLD record holder of the most singularly ingested cocaine and also the name and tribe of who previously held the record. This must be interesting.. cheesy
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2012
I dont want to be banned for petty stuff cool

You mind helping me to google the stuff I posted above an bring the results here? My network is bad.. cheesy
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2012
Coming from a low life, 9-5 tea serving retarrded fool. Take it from me that you are just another loud mouthed cheap-to-phock pusssy. The bold is what cowards like you say when faced with superior fire power. The challenge is still open, quit running and face me like a real man. I have noticed how you constantly spew retarrded comments beefing people way beyond and above your sorry self. Ewu!

Mr. Globe:
I dont want to be banned for petty stuff cool

You mind helping me to google the stuff I posted above an bring the results here? My network is bad.. cheesy
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2012
You need some Amala and Ewedu in your jobless life cheesy
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
I was going to start this SAYGO (share as you go) series with the Igbo component but then Sanusi Lamido went to his Federal Office dressed as a pseudo-Emir, so I changed my mind. . . I will open the series with the Fulani component instead.

Stay tuned!
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2012
There are three fronts from which the success or failure of the Fulani type can be accounted:

1. The conquest of Hausaland.
2. The resistance of the Kanuris.
3. The disobedience of Yoruba war General.

Fulani is what it is today in our politics and national conscience because its usurpation and dominance of Hausaland has continued uncontested. In fact, except for its language, the Fulani rule and elitism in the North has succeeded in fully wiping out the Hausa consciousness and today native Hausas pride themselves, erroneously, as Fulani blood.

In North America, where Europeans invaded and wiped out the Native American culture and customs and replaced it with their own, there remains patches of reservations or habitats preserved for the natives to observe and live their native customs. They are not widespread but in practice and ideology, they exist to support the American Indian nativity. Today in America the European appear indinstinctive from the Native American because the latter, in its quest for an upward social mobility, has compromised the nature and customs of its ancestral past.

Again, except for its language, Hausa has lost everything it stood for to the overbearing Fulani ruling chokehold. In comparison with the American Indian, Hausa is worse off relative to its identity and natural marker in the registry of native man.

From this angle, the Hausa type (agrarian in nature) has no power or resolve with which to shed the burden of the ruling Fulani (nomadic in nature). If we need to find a counter-balance to stave off the arrogance of the Fulani in our national politics we must therefore look outside of the Hausa type.

In this regard, we will look at the Kanuris and the Yorubas, kins by ancestral roots but existing under different political dynasties, to see if they have remote ability to divest the Fulani from what it believed to be its birthright - rulership!

. . . more to come later.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Chyz2: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
Roflmoa!
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Tyche(m): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
With 4000 thousand Ibos on death raw in Iran?. . .480 Ibos in thailand solitary confinements waiting to be hanged after committing various drug related offences?. With kidnapping taking over the whole south east?. . .With young Ibo girls selling thier babies for just 30 000 naira? You are a fool.

Just like that. * SHAKES HEAD *
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
Can Kanuri change the face of the North?

Precisely what should the Kanuri be changing? As far the Kanuri is concerned, until its representation and cultural makeup is tampered with, then there is really no need to disturb the boat. So there is nothing amiss and therefore nothing to change.

Let's do a summary review of the Kanuri interest and see where their politics stand.

1. Fulani attacked and was resisted, thereby confining the Emirates outside of the Kanem Empire.
2. The Emirates are dependent and report to Sokoto but Kanem is an independent Islamic state and does not.
3. The Islamic North is made up of Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri. Since independence, the Hausa and Fulani quotas of political representation is occupied solely by Fulani. The Kanuri has held on to its own quota.
4. Past attempts by Fulani to dilute the Kanuri representation was resisted and frowned on. For this reason, in every political regime there has always been a Fulani political party and a Kanuri political party from the North. Even in instances where they combine into one party, there is a demarcation of interests and Kanuri have traditionally served as head of parastatals and military/police forces. Even when states are created, the Kanem interest is never left behind.

If any one or multiple of these political dynamics is disturbed, say an attempt by Fulani to usurp the Kanuri sociopolitical system, then I foresee a problem in the core North and a political rift between Sokoto and Maiduguri. Until then. . . .no shaking!!

What can we make of the Kanuri sociopolitical survival then in light of the bokoharam terror? The answer lies in two quarters but since this discussion is focused on triangulation or finding and sustaining a third dimension of a political order, I will not go into discussion of bokoharam.

. . . more to follow soon.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Ngodigha1(m): 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Monkey, are you like this in real life or is it just in nairaland that you enjoy displaying stupidity?.
There is nothing at all to suggest that you came from a normal home. I warn you to get a life, Anophelles Yorubie.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Rhino5dm: 4:25am On Jun 14, 2012
coming from anus-hoisting drug running cow. Do you fools think you have monopoly of insult. Few minutes of my life worth more than that of your entire family combined together. Yoruba this or yoruba that, yet we see you parasites leaving your wretched region in droves on daily basis, littering the whole south west in search of food. Ewu.

Ngodigha1:
Monkey, are you like this in real life or is it just in nairaland that you enjoy displaying stupidity?.
There is nothing at all to suggest that you came from a normal home. I warn you to get a life, Anophelles Yorubie.

3 Likes

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 6:23am On Jun 14, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Yoruba this or yoruba that, yet we see you parasites leaving your wretched region in droves on daily basis, littering the whole south west in search of food.
we are only in Lagos because the federal govt refused to give us a seaport and intl airport. And also because we made and own lagos. We dont live in other Southwest caves that has refused to develop and civilize because we have not brought our ingenuity to those places. Respect us rhino, we are like gods to you cool

1 Like

Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

we are only in Lagos because the federal govt refused to give us a seaport and intl airport. And also because we made and own lagos. We dont live in other Southwest caves that has refused to develop and civilize because we have not brought our ingenuity to those places. Respect us rhino, we are like gods to you cool

LOL LMAO hahaha Stop that nonsense. If no be for NL, one would have believed your cave-like mentality.
If only I hadn't seen so many posts by Igbos on NL claiming they live in "caves" like Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. Face it, your ppl leave their cave to occupy our civilized cave. Find one thing wrong in SW "caves" and i'll show you 20 of them in SE "caves".
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 6:34am On Jun 14, 2012
Apart from 'our' Lagos, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi > every other south west state by miles and centuries. Just saying cool
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Apart from 'our' Lagos, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi > every other south west state by miles and centuries. Just saying cool

LOL sweety, anything you need to say. grin
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by MrGlobe(m): 6:40am On Jun 14, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Laugh wan kill me at the bolded! grin
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by oluwizard(m): 6:52am On Jun 14, 2012
Keep going U̶̲̥̅̊ will be there soon
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Hausa has lost the battle to divest itself of the overbearing Fulani rulers. . . in fact, we should stop using the HAUSA/FULANI label anylonger when we describe the northern political groups. There is no existing Hausa political group, period! From Sokoto in the extreme North West to Bauchi, where it borders with Kanuris, it is all Fulani rulership. Politically, the Hausa has been swallowed by the Fulani.

The Kanuri is a counter force to the Fulani influence in the North but the Fulani is wise and has maintained its relationship with Kanuri in measured steps, taking care not to upset the political balance. This is not to say that overt means cannot be employed to systematically subordinate the Kanem throne under the Sokoto Sultanate and thereby install a unified Fulani rulership from the Western tip to the Eastern. . .precisely under the guise of Islamic Sharia.

Is a similar scenario possible in the reverse and where Kanem can subjugate Sokoto and by proxy bring all the Emirates under its own political influence? It is quite possible but not with any close measure of success as would be the prospect of that manifesting favorably for a Fulani flag over the Kanem states.

There is a new knowledge we need to be conscious of:

1. There are two political flags in the North - Fulani and Kanuri. Hausa/Fulani label is a misnomer!
2. Rifts and gaps exist in the North and can be exploited for political advantage.

. . .more to come.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by Dede1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Aro meta in Yoruba literally means the tripod or the proverbial three-legged stool. It carries an even deeper meaning into the customs and mysteries of rituals in Yorubaland. Aro Meta is a living dynamics and symbolizes stability or balance. Here with this topic I will address a political meaning for Aro Meta.

Many of you have heard of the successful stratagem, tri-angulation, used by Bill Clinton in his Presidency to defeat political opponents, matter of fact, Clinton is often popularly referred to as the "Triangulator". Republican think tanks adopted this strategy and employed it successfully in the heated campaign between George Bush and John Kerry in 2004 elections. Tri-angulation has since earned entry into publications and books on political theories.

Tri-angulation also occur in science. Signal communication and transponding with earth-orbitting satellites is accomplished via tri-angulation.

On the Nigerian political landscape, all people entering into Lagos on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway must encounter the ARO META statutes on arrival. In Yoruba cosmology, balance or stability symbolizes order. In other words, out of the chaos and turmoil of life struggles, we must find order.

As we head into the future of Nigeria we no doubt acknowledge the chaos and turmoil of our politics.

As far as Negro is concerned, there are only two races of people in Nigeria; Yoruba and the Others! Yorubas are the pioneers of political progress in the country but the chaos exist in the others and its component parts - Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Ijaw and so on. So how do we bring order out of this chaotic mixup?

Follow this thread as I bring them to you in a "share-as-you-go" manner. I would love to hear what ideas you have to help us bring order into our politics, particularly as we head into 2015 political turf battles.

It is unfortunate that some people have arrogated err of importance to themselves. In some instances, they tend to parade themselves as learned while committing the most ignorant blunder known to dimwits.

As much as I do know the facts, there are no two races of people on earth. There is only one race and it is human. However, if moronic ninnies want to join the idiotic etiquette of reasoning as one Nigerian has done in the above post by assuming there is more than one human race on the earth, I have no right to caution who have chosen to comprehend inappropriately.

The issue of idiotic “black and white” crap with regard to human race was introduced by shallow-thinking human discriminators who had no iota of reason to enjoy a tinny volume of the air.
Re: Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! by DuduNegro: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
As I said in last post, the North is open to political influence. A dichotomy of power exist in the North. Amongst the two flag bearers of the Northern caucus the Fulani is more dynamic and therefore will represent one leg of the two left to complete the three-legged political tripod we need to reinstate order into the chaotic government.

This will mean the death of Hausa politics in Nigeria! Before I continue, I'd like to weigh the significant advantage to the North if the Hausa/Fulani label is not killed.

1. A displacement is created in the South everytime there is reference to Hausa/Fulani. This displacement gives an apparition of a people more numbered in population than is the fact. The combination seem to suggest that we are dealing with two different or distinct ethnic people when in actuality they are both represented as a united political front. Therefore, it matters not what their different ethnic or cultural interests is, politically they are homogeneous and must thus be properly tagged as ONE on all issues political!

2. This displacement also dilutes the Southern political representation and quota at the centre of government, shortchanging the South in a 2:1 ratio in favor of the so called Hausa/Fulani banner.

It is worth emphasizing again that there are only two political fronts in the North, Fulani and Kanuri, with the former more dominant.

Next I will talk about the Middle Niger and Middle Benue states and their orientation with the North.

. . . more to come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant / Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Abia PDP Responsible For Misinformation On My Purported Sack — Alex Otti (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.