Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System (789 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / Government Officials Stopped From Honorary Doctorate Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by BigB11(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
This topic is old, but I've decided to reactivate it after witnessing few Nigerian magnificent (uninspiring) hospitals and schools.

Part of the major responsibilities of a sensible government is to provide decent educational and medical system to the citizens.
I think for the past 20 years, Nigeria has completely stopped educating her children, neglecting the future and creating unnecessary obstacles.
Medical system also sucks; in fact top officials and their families have totally given up. They are no longer utilizing any of these resources for selves or love ones.
Mainwhile, ordinary Nigerians with feeble voice have no choice, but to continue to manage these defective resources; which as a result creates a drastic lifespan reduction measure and substandard educational values.

I think one of the effective and efficient strategies to improve our Med and Edu system in Nigeria is by forcing (making it a requirement) these officials and their families to also use the same system; afterall they are the decision makers or (the deciders, as President Bush says).
How can we improve our educational standard when Nigerian Minister of education's children are not even in Nigerian school system. And the health minister and many others are ready to go overseas for an ordinary hiccup.
If this stupidity continues to be encouraged or allowed, I'm 110% sure that our educational standard and medical system will stay retarded for many many years to come.

FYI: Today, India still provides part of the best accountants and IT professionals, while Cuba of all countries remains the medical heaven for many around the world.
These two countries are not better than Nigeria.

A brighter future of a nation relies on better medical and educational system.
Re: Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by iykrion(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2007
I hope they will see reasons to believe that there's no place like home. I was surprise to see that IBB uses the same hospital with me (Julius Berger clinic) here in abuja.

I believe that if others copy him, a lot of things will change.
Re: Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by BigB11(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
Again, very accurate.
Re: Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by Mamajama(m): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2007
@iykrion are you serious, i was amaze to see you and BIGB1 online at once. you guys must be the same person. IBB my ass. why was Mariam BABANGIDA flown to GERMANY couple years ago for cancer treatment?

DUDE stop proclaiming your family. in due times will will hang the toothless general with his balls.
Re: Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by iykrion(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
Mamajama:

@iykrion are you serious, i was amaze to see you and BIGB1 online at once. you guys must be the same person. IBB my ass. why was Mariam BABANGIDA flown to GERMANY couple years ago for cancer treatment?
DUDE stop proclaiming your family. in due times will will hang the toothless general with his balls.

I'm not IBB's son. I don't compromise my Igbo origin. I've not even talked with IBB one on one. But if your confused mind continue making you hallucinate, then that's your funeral!

I say what I know. I've seen him there on a couple of occasions coming for medical check-ups.
Re: Top Government Officials' Families Must Utilize Nigerian Med And Edu System by ono(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
Mamajama:

LMAO!

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Cede Bakassi To Cameroon? / I'm Back! / Yoruba Classes Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.