Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks (8733 Views)

Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide / Air Nigeria Grounded / DANA Airline Grounded, Demuren To Step Aside! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2012
LAGOS, Nigeria — Officials say Nigeria’s second-largest air carrier has been grounded for safety checks following a strike by its engineers.

Harold Demuren of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority said Wednesday that Air Nigeria would be able to fly again after investigators finished their checks. The investigation comes after engineers at the airline carried out an on-and-off strike at the carrier.

A spokesman for the airline could not be immediately reached, though an operator at its call center said the airline hoped to resume flights Thursday.

The temporary grounding of Air Nigeria comes after a Dana Air flight June 3 crashed in Lagos, killing all 153 people on board and others on the ground. A cause for that crash has yet to be determined.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/air-nigeria-the-nations-2nd-largest-airline-grounded-for-safety-checks-after-dana-crash/2012/06/13/gJQA2MoKZV_story.html
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by 401kk: 11:13am On Jun 13, 2012
Noise makers. This will last for just a few minutes, and the culture of mediocrity continues.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2012
401kk: Noise makers. This will last for just a few minutes, and the culture of mediocrity continues.

I agree !
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by supoade: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2012
Campaign after election....
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by inspirenet: 11:52am On Jun 13, 2012
frosbel:

I agree !

Most def
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by ebamma(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2012
medicine after death
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by laykhorn(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2012
401kk: Noise makers. This will last for just a few minutes, and the culture of mediocrity continues.
GBAM!!! Thanks for replyin before I could. That Airline is truly a 'fly coffin' as its former MD said. Nd whats d reason why the aero-engineers have bn on and off strike.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by femmy2010(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2012
Shheww
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Abujafood: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2012
Air Nigeria claims it's due to internal industrial issues and not due to faulty aircraft. Whatever the case it's high time something is done about airlines retaining 'flying coffins' and other often ignored safety issues.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by icon8: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
Wasn't Demuren asked to step aside at the wake of the Dana crash
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by mallorca(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2012
there is no longer hope anymore
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Harold Demuren of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority said Wednesday that Air Nigeria would be able to fly again after investigators finished their checks. The investigation comes after engineers at the airline carried out an on-and-off strike at the carrier.

How did this guy get back to work after suspension, was it for one day? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by ehie007(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
For your wedding, events photography, you don't need to search far, we are right here.

We deliver exceptional services.

Contact us at www.emujphotography.com.ng (Phone no: 07041868162)
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by NaijaNaWaa: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
Trust Jimo Ibrahim. He'll just settle and back comes Air Nigeria. Flying Molue!
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by akpanbaba: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
But Mr Nnorom was called a liar and an iliiterate recently.Iam wondering why the checks should start with Air Nigeria.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by komek(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2012
very corrrect. They shud tell us sometin else jare cos we used τ̅☺ all these bullshits
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by member479760: 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
most people wasted their life schooling, even if you they buy new planes today without those professional laborers in place to keep them flying we are not going anywhere.

This is the time for those laborers to go strike, they we worship them, as of today they are more important than any professional in naija as per life and death.

The politicians do without the medical doctors, fly oversea for checkup buy those laborers has to maintain the plane to fly. White-laborers will not come to African for $5000/month to maintain plane.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by coalcoal1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
supoade: Campaign after election....

.... before another election grin
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2012
Arrant Rubbish... iwo yi laarooo waaan!!!
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by velo10: 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
Hope this move leads results and recommended maintenance checks are done (trying to be optimistic about Nigeria)
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by gbokukueba(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
AirNigeria should just pay me my money biko...!
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by mujila: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2012
The post strike audit of nigeria is a standard practice in civil aviation to ensure safety standards. The audit has been concluded and flights are resuming tomorrow. The audit was as result of the strike action emabrked by the local branch of NAAPE as aircrafts were grounded for more than 4 days. It has nothing to do with Dana crash or Nnorom's allegations.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by princedant: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
mujila: The post strike audit of nigeria is a standard practice in civil aviation to ensure safety standards. The audit has been concluded and flights are resuming tomorrow. The audit was as result of the strike action emabrked by the local branch of NAAPE as aircrafts were grounded for more than 4 days. It has nothing to do with Dana crash or Nnorom's allegations.
Bros u got it right...Nnorom defrauded the company and was asked to resign honourably..He chose the part of spreading malicious information to divert attention from his fraudulent activities as Former Finance director...Air Nigeria is safe with air worthy aircrafts..as a matter of fact Air Nigeria and Arik remain the only 2 airlines in Nigeria to pass the IOSA safety audit- this audit is onducted by IATA which has the basic function of regulatin airline operations worldwide. If u want, just check it out on IATA website or better still google IOSA airlines registry and look for any other airline in Nigeria apart from the two i mentioned....
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Bawss1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
^ This site right?
http://www.iata.org/ps/certification/iosa/Pages/registry.aspx?Query=all

I wonder why Aero Contractors isn't listed
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by yemmight(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
ehie007: For your wedding, events photography, you don't need to search far, we are right here.

We deliver exceptional services.

Contact us at www.emujphotography.com.ng (Phone no: 07041868162)

I think you should have a basic education, i mean basic may be you will know the right and the wrong.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by princedant: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2012
Bawss1: ^ This site right?
http://www.iata.org/ps/certification/iosa/Pages/registry.aspx?Query=all

I wonder why Aero Contractors isn't listed

Yes, that's the list. I think ur question will be answered best in the coming weeks if the 9 man panel set up by the FG to audit all the airlines will carry out its job to the letter.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Rastamann: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
na any time anything happen for Nigeria that we now look for scapegoats!
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
princedant:
Bros u got it right...Nnorom defrauded the company and was asked to resign honourably..He chose the part of spreading malicious information to divert attention from his fraudulent activities as Former Finance director...Air Nigeria is safe with air worthy aircrafts..as a matter of fact Air Nigeria and Arik remain the only 2 airlines in Nigeria to pass the IOSA safety audit- this audit is onducted by IATA which has the basic function of regulatin airline operations worldwide. If u want, just check it out on IATA website or better still google IOSA airlines registry and look for any other airline in Nigeria apart from the two i mentioned....

Nice information
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
Please cud anyone tell me what Harold DEMUREN is still doing on dat job. The man obviously got no iota of shame whatsoever. He has simply become a principality in Naija's Aviation Industry;.....all d air crashes since 2005 have bin under his watch and yet he has no decency nor strenght of character (INTERGRITY) to know its tym for him to bow out
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by oluwabamis(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
im comfused here, demuren should be on suspension. was he working from home or what. im really afraid the way things are going in this country. playing games with the aviation industry. God help us all.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by omoseyus: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
princedant:

You must be Jimoh person defending your master. Anyway we know better, we no dey fly again na by force.
Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by defbond1: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
I Thot Demuren was told to step aside after the crash?
Does he also call the shots from his parlour?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arik Air Resumes Warri Flight Operations / Visaofficer Has A Question For You / Do I Need A Transit Visa To Pass Through UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.