Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland (2119 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Fake Marriages In Ireland: Nigerians Involvement / Nigerians In Ireland,how are you Coping With The Recession And The Eu Bailout? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by shooqueen(f): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2012
My husband was refused a UK visa one of the reasons was they have his biometric fingerprints mixed up with that of someone else, we are in the process of trying to legally sort that issue out. Putting in an appeal will take in excess of 8 months according to solicitors advice. A time we are not prepared to wait to be together so I will be exercising my EU treaty rights in Ireland , my husband can join me, after 6 months we can then do the same thing in the UK.

Question1. Could anyone tell me what my husband will have to take to the Irish embassy for proof he has the right to join me?

Question2. How long will the process take once the application is submitted?

Question3. Are there grounds that he could be refused other than they do not believe we are in a subsisting relationship?

Question4. Is there anyone here that has made the move to Ireland how have you found the job market? IT sector.
Re: Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by noso2004: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Please tell us the nationality of your self, where you currently reside, what type of visa your husband has applied for at the UK embassy, bear in Mind Ireland is in a Financial mess and this is only getting messier, having said that you could just be lucky and nick something, but to be sincere the job market in general is in a whole lot of mess. my friend just moved back after fighting for close to a year for family reunion visa, on getting to Ireland he found out the reality. he said he stand a better chance in Nigeria that being in Ireland.
Re: Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by Vicjustice: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
shooqueen: Refused Entry To UK. Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland

I have re-posted this here as I can't find where to post for Ireland.

My husband was refused a UK visa one of the reasons was they have his biometric fingerprints mixed up with that of someone else, we are in the process of trying to legally sort that issue out. Putting in an appeal will take in excess of 8 months according to solicitors advice. A time we are not prepared to wait to be together so I will be exercising my EU treaty rights in Ireland , my husband can join me, after 6 months we can then do the same thing in the UK.
I remember your case and the earlier post you made: therefore, i will advised that you wait and sort the finger-prints and identity issues because, the Irish authority will definitely know that you were in the UK, and they will investigate your records (both your and your husband's), and they will detect the finger-prints mess, and that may black list your husband in the entire EU computers. Remember that Ireland and the UK now share intelligence on Immigration issues.
But what is your nationality? I hope you are aware that you must be an EU citizen, or a Swizz or Norwegian national to be entitled for the EU treaty rights of Rome which allows for free movements within the EU countries.
Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnT5aq0vx_Y

shooqueen:
Question1. Could anyone tell me what my husband will have to take to the Irish embassy for proof he has the right to join me?
The same things that he used in his UK application; but the problem won't be with your husband because, 90% of the paperwork and the accountabilities will be on you

shooqueen: Question2. How long will the process take once the application is submitted?
The Irish Ministry of Justice usually responds to application on the sixth months after submission.

shooqueen: Question3. Are there grounds that he could be refused other than they do not believe we are in a subsisting relationship?
You said you don't have much time to wait, therefore, i think you have much time to get yourself into more trouble:
First, there is a chanced that he would be banned from the EU for life if that finger-print mess is neglected.
Second, He could also be refused the visa if you are not fully established in the republic Ireland.
Third, You must have a job, a full time job with a permanent one contract

shooqueen: Question4. Is there anyone here that has made the move to Ireland how have you found the job market? IT sector.
I live in Ireland, and from my crude observation, i can say that though we hear the news of the recession from foreign News channels, i can't see any indication of the recession reports at all; i don't really know anyone who lost his or her job for reason of the recession: and yet, wages are not reduced. Well, i am neither an Economist or a Statistician nor am i a financial analyst though
Re: Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by noso2004: 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
@op, I will assume you are an EU citizen, if so do not worry about the finger print Issue, EU law will work in your favour, the only reasons why your spouse could be ban in the EU are that he genuinely pose a threat to the security of the member state concerned, and serious health issues, Directive 2004/38/ec explicitly explains the rights of entry and of residence of EU nationals and their family members in member states.

@ Vicj, There is no hiding it that Ireland is in a financial mess, I have lived in Ireland myself with my EU spouse and could not find a job for nearly a year, my wife is a registered Nurse and cannot find a permanent position till we have to move out of Ireland. the situation in Ireland is very critical and it obvious too, I would assume you know the situation well more than the thousands of Irish that lost their jobs and moved to Europe, Switzerland, Australia, Canada et al for better life.
Re: Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by Vicjustice: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
noso_2004: @op, I will assume you are an EU citizen, if so do not worry about the finger print Issue, EU law will work in your favour, the only reasons why your spouse could be ban in the EU are that he genuinely pose a threat to the security of the member state concerned, and serious health issues, Directive 2004/38/ec explicitly explains the rights of entry and of residence of EU nationals and their family members in member states.
I can see that you're competent with EU travel, and i understand that you made this suggestion because you are not aware of the problem that her husband is facing; It is a long story, but let me just break it down.
Her husband's finger-prints came up as a match to another finger-prints that had committed some sorts of illegal deeds in Europe, and they denied any involvement claiming that there was a mixed-up error with the UK computer, so, the evidence is held against her husband... Now, they want to apply for Irish visa while they intend to ignore the husband finger-print scandal with the UK..., this is the finger-prints that we're talking about; not her own finger-prints
Re: Refused Entry To UK Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland by noso2004: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
oh by bad, i suspect there was more to it after reading your post I wasn't sure hence my observation, well your post is seconded. they have to sort the UK finger print issue out. OP why dont u demand explicit explanation from the UK authorities, please do know this is an Immigration issue you have to be able to exercise enough patience and persevere, I know its not easy to be apart but stay strong and finish the fight once and for all

(1) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Skilled Immigrants Complain That They Do Not Get Jobs In Canada? / Register For The Us Visa Lottery / Any Studying In Sweden, The Best University In Sweden For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.