Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? (28289 Views)

Wearing Of Trousers, Earings And Make-up By Ladies Will Not Take Them To Hell. / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by SailorXY: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2012
FXKing2012:

To be candid, I dont see how wat u are wearing can take u to hell as long as you are well covered. Clothing is meant to cover your unclothedness, so as long as you are well covered then itz ok. Whether u wear skirt or trouser is simply cultural, not scriptural.

talking about culture... how about that culture that permits marrying ur sibling from same parents? do u think they have a different judgement before God? many cities worshipped idols in ancient times, the law was given to Moses for Israel... did that exempt the other idol-worshipping cities from God's wrath or judgement? undecided shocked
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2012
SailorXY:

it hurts me to say this, but you are a very confused being... are you in that congregation that permits masturbation? hair perming? you sound very much like one... interpreting the scriptures based on your own understanding SMH embarassed

lolz. Check my profile and threads. I have stood against mastubation in this forum. I have stood against ungodliness in the body of Christ and many more. I guess you am mistaken for someone else and if not, I take your comments as it is. You are entitled to your own opinion but you have not proved anything I said wrong, just passing judgment.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2012
haibe:
You see where you are getting it wrong. Because God gave his laws to the isrealites doesn't mean the commandments is meant for them only, of course one nation has to be priviledged to be the one to receive the law from God. Because Jesus did not live in nigeria doesn't mean his commandments are not to be obeyed by Nigerians, he is the God of all flesh and his law is universal. So if we were able to obey the law by our power, you think God will regulate only israel? And leave other gentiles to regulate themselves? Please if God doesn't like something, he doesn't . Whether Jew or Gentile, it is still an abomination to him.

Okay, let me once and for all show you from the same context of Deut 22:5 that, those laws were ONLY GIVEN TO ISRAEL. Take a look at this:

If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, [both] the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil [size=20pt]from Israel[/size]. Deut 22:22 Kjv.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 12:27am On Jun 21, 2012
Deut 21:18-21 commanded parent to kill their stubborn and rebellious child. How many parents have really obeyed this law? If wearing of trousers by female is a sin, then, not killing your own rebellious and stubborn child is also a sin. Do u agree? Both are laws contained in book of Deut but of different chapters anyway.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 12:40am On Jun 21, 2012
@ haibe,

"When you build a new house, you must build a railing around the edge of its flat roof. That way you will not be considered guilty of murder if someone falls from the roof. Deut 22:8

"You must not plant any other crop between the rows of your vineyard. If you do, you are forbidden to use either the grapes from the vineyard or the other crop. (9)

"You must not wear clothing made of wool and linen woven together. (11)

"You must put four tassels on the hem of the cloak with which you cover yourself—on the front, back, and sides. (12)

"Suppose a man marries a woman, but after sleeping with her, he turns against her and publicly accuses her of shameful conduct, saying, 'When I married this woman, I discovered she was not a virgin.' Then the woman's father and mother must bring the proof of her virginity to the elders as they hold court at the town gate. Her father must say to them, 'I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, and now he has turned against her. He has accused her of shameful conduct, saying, "I discovered that your daughter was not a virgin." But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then they must spread her bed sheet before the elders. The elders must then take the man and punish him. They must also fine him 100 pieces of silver, which he must pay to the woman's father because he publicly accused a virgin of Israel of shameful conduct. The woman will then remain the man's wife, and he may never divorce her. (13-19)

"But suppose the man's accusations are true, and he can show that she was not a virgin. The woman must be taken to the door of her father's home, and there the men of the town must stone her to death, for she has committed a disgraceful crime in Israel by being promiscuous while living in her parents' home. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you. Deut 22:20-21

"Suppose a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, even though they discipline him. In such a case, the father and mother must take the son to the elders as they hold court at the town gate. The parents must say to the elders, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious and refuses to obey. He is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of his town must stone him to death. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you, and [size=20pt]all[/size] [size=20pt]Israel[/size] will hear about it and be afraid. Deut 21:18-21

WHICH OF THESE LAWS DO YOU PRACTICE AND FOLLOW? AND YOU CAN ALSO SEE THAT THE CONTEXT IS "ALL ISRAEL" OR "IN ISRAEL". You don't have to agree with me on this topic BUT I have shown you too much enough prove that those laws are ONLY for the Jews.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by SailorXY: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2012
fridayiwere: Deut 21:18-21 commanded parent to kill their stubborn and rebellious child. How many parents have really obeyed this law? If wearing of trousers by female is a sin, then, not killing your own rebellious and stubborn child is also a sin. Do u agree? Both are laws contained in book of Deut but of different chapters anyway.

u'll make more sense in the joke section cheesy wink angry
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 12:47am On Jun 21, 2012
SailorXY:

u'll make more sense in the joke section cheesy wink angry

Please stop abusing people. ALL you have to do is prove your point from the word of God that women wearing trouser commit sin. Okay.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 21, 2012
@Goshen:

I think Haibe believes that most of those laws have been done away with. His argument is that deut 22:5 being an 'abomination against God' makes it an eternally applicable law to both Jews and Gentiles alike. Just like homosexuality is.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 1:00am On Jun 21, 2012
uhonmora: @Goshen:

I think Haibe believes that most of those laws have been done away with. His argument is that deut 22:5 being an 'abomination against God' makes it an eternally applicable law to both Jews and Gentiles alike. Just like homosexuality is.

Thank you but I have just shown him that the context says it is ONLY for ISRAEL. The "ALL" is for "all Israel". I have proved that from the same Deut 22 context. It's left for him (haibe) to still prove otherwise.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 21, 2012
Personally, I do not see anything wrong in ladies wearing trousers as long as it's modest. As a matter of fact, there are certain occupations and sports where it would be more appropriate for ladies to wear shorts and trousers than skirts (think of women in the military, engineers who have to wear overalls for protection, female footballers, e.t.c). For some, trousers keep them warmer in extremely cold weather.

Any lady can wear trousers if she wants to as long as she's modestly dressed.

Would God damn a christian lady to hell just for wearing modest trousers? I dont think so.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 1:31am On Jun 21, 2012
uhonmora: Personally, I do not see anything wrong in ladies wearing trousers as long as it's modest. As a matter of fact, there are certain occupations and sports where it would be more appropriate for ladies to wear shorts and trousers than skirts (think of women in the military, engineers who have to wear overalls for protection, female footballers, e.t.c). For some, trousers keep them warmer in extremely cold weather.

Any lady can wear trousers if she wants to as long as she's modestly dressed.

Would God damn a christian lady to hell just for wearing modest trousers? I dont think so.

Thank you and God bless you. This is the same message I have preached all through here and aside of modesty, the motives also. If a woman wear trouser to seduce a man, that is between her and God but if she wears it as a normal wear, I don't see the word of God condemning such and the word of God didn't call it a sin especially as it regards to our NT because the OT was given only to Israel but now, God is NOT working with ONLY Israel as a nation.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 21, 2012
If 'it is an abominatx to the Lord' shld apply, then it shld b regardles of time n place. Dat means women shld nt serve in an organizatx whr trousers ar bn worn, no nysc 4 them, they shld stand dir ground cos its an abominatx to the Lord.
If Deut 22:5 stil holds today, then it is only our native wears that we shld b wearing. Whr dnt we see anythx bad in women wearing shirts, polo, round neck but only trousers when we al knw it is smhw mainly 4 men.
D moral of dat passage is dnt dress to d extent dat people wil confuse u 4 another sex. For example Tyler perry wil cast like a woman to act as if he is a woman. Dat is d basis.
If we want to spiritualize dat passage today, it means women shld nt 'wear' wht belongs to man in d sense dat women shld nt exercise final authority in d church. If they must 'wear'(teach, pray, evangelise etc), it must b done in a covered position.
There is no how acculturatx wil nt tk place only dat we must nt reduce our standards.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 21, 2012
In my tribe, d only recommended dress 4 ladies is iro n buba n 4 men is agbada, dansiki. You can hardly see people wear these again except during engagement ceremonies. Infact we never had anythx lyk skirt in our mode of dressing, it was borrowed, d idea of men wearing shirt was borrowed n its nw official. Nw we av trousers that men cannot even wear, if u do they wil tel u its women wear. Why is it only trousers we detest 4 them, why shld we accept skirts, polo, shirts n leave trousers since everythx was gotten 4rm d same place. Jalamia worn by hausa is smhw lyk gown worn by male n female, why do we accept dat since al were borrowed. If u want to follow dat verse to d core, then no acculturatx..wear only ur native wears dat are recognised.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2012
fridayiwere: Deut 21:18-21 commanded parent to kill their stubborn and rebellious child. How many parents have really obeyed this law? If wearing of trousers by female is a sin, then, not killing your own rebellious and stubborn child is also a sin. Do u agree? Both are laws contained in book of Deut but of different chapters anyway.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2012
I'm yet to see a direct answer to d question posted above
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2012
The whole essence of the law in Deut was to put way evil from among the people of Israel and to instill the fear of the Lord in the mind of the people at that material point in time
.And that particular scripture (Deut 22:5) in question, was to discourage both men and women from putting on dresses to confuse people about their sexes- dressing to an extent that people will would mistaken you for another sex.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2012
"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse,for it is written cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the law" .Gal 3:10.
Cursed is everyone who obeys only Deut 22:5 and does not obey other laws written therein.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by LogicMind: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

Please stop abusing people. ALL you have to do is prove your point from the word of God that women wearing trouser commit sin. Okay.

he can't
he just listens to pastor and thinks that everyone else is evil
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by fridayiwere: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2012
Don't get me wrong pls. I quoted the scripture and gave my analysis or verdict according to the scripture. If u have any reason to disagree,pls counter it with the scripture instead of going personal.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
JeSoul: Ptolomeus,
I hid your first 'comment' as its inappropriate in the spirit of this thread. I know you meant no offense brother smiley.

Hello dear friend
I guess you mean the picture ...
Well, I've seen posted on another thread, the picture of a completely naked man with a goat on his shoulders and bible in hand ...
That woman was not even naked ... on the beach wear less clothing ...
Well ...
My intention was to make a joke, not to distort the thread, much less to offend anyone.
Anyway, I totally agree with you.
My apologies.

I reiterate my deep affection and friendship.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
I see some people keep asking questions i have answered in different posts, so sorry ℓ̊ won't repeat myself, the posts are not yet erased therefore we can still read them, some one said we ought to still follow all laws if we were to obey deut 22:5.
E.g "Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers
seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou has
sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
"Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass
together.
"Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts,
as
of woolen and linen together.
"Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four
quarters of this vesture, wherewith thou
coverest
thyself."
If we must obey verse 5, should we have to
obey
these verses as well?
There were three different kinds of laws given
to
Israel in the Old Testament: dietary laws,
ceremonial
laws, and moral laws. Some would put the
dietary laws
under the ceremonial laws, however, a
distinction can
be made.
Obviously, dietary laws restricted the items
Israel
was allowed to eat. This was mostly for health
reasons.
One needs to understand that Israel did not
have all
the modern conveniences for insuring the
safety of
their food. Neither did they have government
agencies
to guard the food quality.
Ceremonial laws were given to teach Israel
spiritual
lessons and to make provision for their inability to obey moral laws. Not that there was anything inherently
evil in
the prohibited practices, but Israel needed to
learn
some important Spiritual principles. For
instance,
Deuteronomy 22:9,11 taught Israel the
doctrine of
separation. They were not to marry the
heathen, nor
accept their ways. This principle was carried
over to
the New Testament in 2 Corinthians 6:14, "Be
ye not
unequally yoked together with unbelievers."
Moral laws were prohibitions against practices
contrary
to the nature of God's holiness. Since God's
nature has not changed, moral laws are still to
be
obeyed today. For instance, "Thou shalt not
kill" was a
moral law. Since man was made in the image of
God,
to kill a man is to strike out against God.
Of the Ten Commandments, 9 were moral laws
and
one was ceremonial. How can we know? We can
know
by reading the Scripture. Exodus 31:14 clearly
states
that the Sabbath was to be a sign between God
and
Israel. Verse 17 states, "It is a sign between
me and the
children of Israel forever..." Colossians 2:14-
17 informs
the church that the observance of Sabbath
days
was blotted out at the cross and is not binding
upon
the New Testament Church.
However, man is still to love God with all his
heart,
soul, and mind (Matt. 22:39). Man should still
keep
himself from the graven images of idolatry (2
Cor.
6:16). The Lord's name should not be taken in
vain
(Rom. 2:24; Jas. 2:7). When Paul commanded
children
to honor their parents (Eph. 6:4) his reason was
that it
"is the first commandment with promise."
Committing
adultery, lying, and stealing, are still sins
because
God's holiness has not changed (Mal. 3:6).
How do we know that Deuteronomy 22:5 is part
of the
moral law of God? The answer is found in the
verse:
"All that do so are an abomination unto the
Lord."
Since God has not changed, that which was an
abomination
to Him 3000 years ago is still an abomination
to
Him today.
Compare Deuteronomy 22:5 with Leviticus 11:10
and you will discover that the word
"abomination" was
used in the dietary laws. However, certain
foods were
to be an abomination unto Israel, they were
never said
to be an abomination to God.
Deuteronomy 22:5 cannot be set aside when
deciding
which clothes are right and wrong. Its principle
remains
for the New Testament Church as "correction
and instruction in righteousness."
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
And I heard my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ say:

[size=15pt]Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.[/size] John 7:24
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Sam 16:7 Niv
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
And it is very good as you, haibe & image are talking it out - there are many silent readers who will profit from your discussion. And oh, I have discussed the issue of women speaking in church, women wearing make-up etc etc at least twice with snr brother Image in the past so I will just take the back seat on this one . Cheers & Godbless brother.
i won't really say Image123 has been talking it out, i also feel that urge to take a back seat like you since oh, i had discussed it at least twice before. But what can man do, there is little or no helper coming in to discuss, everybody wannabe silent readers so i have to get up from time to time as it were.

I'm yet to see a direct answer to d question posted above
When we say ceremonial laws and moral laws, actually there is no such terms found in the scriptures. Infact the words ceremonial and moral do not appear in the KJV. So we should not come here to puzzle people and give them our man made laws that state that ceremonial laws are unimportant, and moral laws are. That would be exalting our man made traditions above the Word of God. i don't understand why we(Goshen and co) would say that the 10 commandments are the moral laws, and then give out some examples at our convenience to be ceremonial laws. It appears that we do not then know the meaning of those words. Because actually, the sabbath law is ceremonial. When we say ceremonial and moral, that's for better understanding, that's theology. But the Bible teaches that the law of God is one. If there is any division at all, it is two, and the two is love for God, and love for others. The whole law is divided into those two. In other terms, it is one, the law is love, simple and biblical.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Love is the fulfilling of the law. It's contradictory telling people not to fulfil the law.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

So loving your neighbours and loving God is what the whole law is about. When we say ceremonial laws in the OT, those are those rites and formalties, many of which we do not need to waste time doing again BECAUSE Jesus has done them for us. Like cleansings and animal sacrifices. Take this turtle dove, sprinkle that, if a person sees this he is unclean till evening, and its likes. Now we know that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin, hence we do not need to take no turtle dove or heifer, we have a substitute, a better one at that. We are not unclean as Christ has cleansed us, and shown us a new and living way. We can eat his and that BECAUSE God has cleansed. But that is not to say we should not do anything ceremonial, weddings are ceremonial, the Lord's supper is ceremonial, water baptism is. So its wrong to conclude that ceremony is gone. Some parts of church services are ceremonial and ordered/arranged. Every law of God is love and still very applicable to us, any. They are love. The Bible is our basic instruction and manual for living on earth. It's not all about heaven and hell. MAny ask, so you mean if i do this or don't do that, God will send me to Heaven or Hell. Not everything is for qualification to Heaven or Hell. Some are for your health, some are customary, for basic relationships and inter-relationships, some for the ecology, and on and on. Let me quickly breeze through that chapters fridayiwere asked on. It is still much applicable and beneficial to us. I'll cut for easier reading.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ Image123,

Can I asked you few questions please? Maybe you might be able to answer this? I guess you are preaching a strange and another Gospel, am just afraid. However, this is my question to you:

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. Heb. 10:9 Kjv.

Then he said, "Look, I have come to do your will." He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect. (NLT)

What do you understand by that verse?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Deu 21:1 If one be found slain in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it, lying in the field, and it be not known who hath slain him:
Deu 21:2 Then thy elders and thy judges shall come forth, and they shall measure unto the cities which are round about him that is slain:
Deu 21:3 And it shall be, that the city which is next unto the slain man, even the elders of that city shall take a heifer, which hath not been wrought with, and which hath not drawn in the yoke;
Deu 21:4 And the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer unto a rough valley, which is neither eared nor sown, and shall strike off the heifer's neck there in the valley:
Deu 21:5 And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the LORD thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the LORD; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried:
Deu 21:6 And all the elders of that city, that are next unto the slain man, shall wash their hands over the heifer that is beheaded in the valley:
Deu 21:7 And they shall answer and say, Our hands have not shed this blood, neither have our eyes seen it.
Deu 21:8 Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.
Deu 21:9 So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.
Some of these commandments are judicial, to regulate behaviour and judgements, and to help judges who were subject to the Word of God. If you are not a Judge, and not under the Jewish constitution as it were, some of them may not be totally practicable by you of course. In the few verses above we can learn that God demanded accountability, responsibility and value for life. If they knew the murderer of course you know the judgement, and it is well stated in another passage. In this case, it be not known who hath slain him. Yet, the elders and the judges were to come together, with the assumption that the cities around the peremiter may also have something to do or know of it, or to help track down the murderer. And then they swear to not knowing of it and offer a sacrifice and prayer to God. This is basic detective work. This principle is useful and applicable in sane places, where the law enforcement agencies work hand in hand to discover a crime/criminal.

Deu 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
Deu 21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
Deu 21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
Deu 21:13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
This is permission and condition for marrying a captive, as usually the law didn't encourage them to marry non-israelites. In this case, this is a captive that could either be killed or become a slave. But they were permitted, if you "fall in love", instead of the other two options, you could marry her. But she is given her rights and privileges, and you are inturn given a full month to consider your decisions. They didn't go ahead to r.ape them or behave like the gentiles simply because she is a captive. It was a sane thing and a very much enviable law that we need in our days.

Deu 21:14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
i think this is beautiful. should we say we are not under the law, this doesn't apply? The opposite is sheer wickedness. You married her, then sell her again as a servant, that's wrong, even today. So far, all these apply to us.

Deu 21:15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
Deu 21:16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
Deu 21:17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.
Can anybody say this should not apply to us today? We are not under the law, therefore we should be partial to our children, that's wrong forever.

Deu 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
Deu 21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
Deu 21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
Deu 21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Please, note that this is a judicial matter. It's not jungle justice. They didn't bring the child to the neighbourhood and stone him. They didn't stone him out of anger in the house because he didn't go and fetch water. They took him to the judges, the elders. When? When they felt he was useless. He was not just stubborn and rebellious, it was his nature, they had chastened him, and talked to him but he would not hear father or mother. They had lost hope. What do you want to do with such a child in the first place? Well, the judgement then was to kill him, so that evil is put away, and others will hear and fear. What kind of child would not listen to his parents or to elders, but will be rebellious. Rebellious is defying authority, fighting to overthrow a government or other authority. What sort of useless child is that? You want to pamper that kind of kid. No, of course take him to the authorities that can correct him. We still judge such a useless child today! Do you say, we are under the new testament, leave him. No, we judge him. He's just not going to be killed because of grace that came by Jesus. It's the same grace that saved the woman caught in adultery from being stoned. The adultery is wrong and will continually be wrong, that's the law. The stoning is good and right and holy, and Jesus said someone should cast the first stone. He didn't argue against the judgement, but by His grace now, the sinner/convict need not be condemned. He/she can be converted. The adulteress can become a child of God by grace, so too can the rebellious hopeless son become born again, and fervent in spirit. It is grace that brings this. If he/she continue in sin, they will ultimately still be judged by God. The new testament doesn't give them a go ahead to transgress the law.

Deu 21:22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
Deu 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
Can anybody who isn't ignorant really say that this is useless to us. This is gthe basis for Christ's sacrifice. This is why we can say Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. This is the passage that made Him a curse for us. How can anybody say this is irrelevant. Or that Deut 22v5 is irrelevant because of the surrounding verses. This is just few sentences, 5 verses away.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ Image123,

Can I asked you few questions please? Maybe you might be able to answer this? I guess you are preaching a strange and another Gospel, am just afraid. However, this is my question to you:

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. Heb. 10:9 Kjv.

Then he said, "Look, I have come to do your will." He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect. (NLT)

What do you understand by that verse?
What is the first covenant which he speaks of? Then you would know what was taken away. The covenant/agreement that He made with Israel that Aaron and his house would offer Him sacrifices, offerings, and burnt offerings for their sins. Read the passage please, and its context.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
e.g
Num 25:13 And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ Image123,

I don't want to go into the debate of ceremonial and moral law stuff with you over and over again. If your claim is that the word "ceremonial and moral" don't appear in the bible and so, there is nothing like that. Well, permit me to say you err in that aspect. Ceremonial includes ordinances as I have stated before. Do you see any ordinances in the ten commandment? Where are you only holding onto trouser? What about stone rebellious kids? What about non-virgins? What about the ones that relates to eating? what about different cloths materials? What about mixed farming? What about wearing tassels and fringes?

For you to say because ceremonial as a word don't appear means we are not making sense is to say we should not believe in trinity, trinity don't appear in the bible. There are many words we use as terminologies today just to explain issues but they dont appear in the bible and you know it. So don't come up with such teachings as there is no ceremonial or moral in the bible. I can as well debate you on this topic without the use of ceremonial or moral law usage, if we are to generalize the law.

WELL, KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOVE AND LET'S GO FROM THERE.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
Image123:
What is the first covenant which he speaks of? Then you would know what was taken away. The covenant/agreement that He made [size=20pt]with Israel that Aaron[/size] and his house would offer Him sacrifices, offerings, and burnt offerings for their sins. Read the passage please, and its context.

So now you agree with me that the first (OLD) covenant WAS WITH ISRAEL? AND NOT WITH THE CHURCH?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
Deu 22:1 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother.
Deu 22:2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it unto thine own house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him again.
Deu 22:3 In like manner shalt thou do with his ass; and so shalt thou do with his raiment; and with all lost thing of thy brother's, which he hath lost, and thou hast found, shalt thou do likewise: thou mayest not hide thyself.
Deu 22:4 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again.
This is LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF amplified.It still applies today, except one wants to be hypocritical.

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Like i said at the start of this thread, i do not normally or usually go about correcting or condemning people on this verse and its applications. But if we are going to be truthful, at least for the purposes of this thread, and to prove all things. Then we should note that this verse sits in a higher class. A class of ABOMINATION UNTO THE LORD THY GOD. So that even if by any chance, other verses around it are trivialized, this verse shouldn't. Be that as it may, i've talked much on it, i'm not going on another talk. But it seems clear and undisputed that trousers belong to men from history and from the Bible. It is some years ago that women began to wear trousers. Otzi the IceMAN is said to have been enjoying what belongs/pertains to him B.C. Some people ask of clothing like stockings/socks and co. It does not belong to any one gender as it were. Anyone can wear socks, slippers, glasses/specs. They do not GENERALLY specifically belong to one gender.

Deu 22:6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
Deu 22:7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.
This is the common sense right thing to do. And its of benefit to the ecology and against animal cruelty anyway. If you took the mother, and left the young or the eggs, the young and the eggs will perish. That's not good, but if you took them you can use them or raise them. And you do not know for sure that the bird belongs to someone. Such a common sense rule should still be useful for us, in its applications.

Deu 22:8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.
For God's sake, how can somehow say or infer that obeying this verse is playing religion? We should be responsible with our properties, and build to approved standards. So because na my money, you should endanger lives. Safety should be a core value. Your generator, your electric cable, your rabies dog, your undomestic germanshepherd dog, all should not be handled or maintained carelessly and to the detriment of others. You should build a house where anyone including kids can get to the roof and play, and there is no barricade, or mesh or burglary proof. This is so very applicable to many senseless and careless nigerians.

Deu 22:9 Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
Deu 22:10 Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.
Deu 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together.
This is a responsibility on agricultural standards. God's promises come with conditions and responsibility. Blessed shall be your this and that is not beans or magic, it took discipline, not just trial and error, and crazy research that could lead to permanent damage of the best specie due to multiple crossings over time. Also deals with animal cruelty, and spiritually unequal yoke. They all still have their applications.. When you bring a donkey and a cow to work together, you would actually be punishing them, especially the donkey, and getting your work done. It is still wrong to do that today. You let those animal rights people catch you. On the clothing, it still applies that we do not follow the world in its fashions but be simple and modest/moderate. A garment of divers sorts was not simple in those days in comparison(please do you research instead of throwing questions only, i also like and know how to be the silent reader, setting tough questions).

Deu 22:12 Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself.
The verse is in line with the previous, the children of Israel were expected to be different from others, distinct, separate. Believers today are under same rule, be separate and distinct, even in your appearance, modesty and sobriety.
Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribbon of blue:
Num 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
The Israelis still wear this stuff, today, we have the word of God written in our hearts, but the applications of this law remain significant. What you wear says a lot about you, and how you would be addressed. the people of the world are bold and eager to print all sort of rubbish and sentences and pictures on shirts. i find gullible christains wear shirts that say all sort of ungodly stuff. Things that even ordinary serious muslins would not wear. Your cloth is your identity most times. It easily says you are a fan of a particular football club or music star. We should do all things to glorify God. 1John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Deu 22:13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,
Deu 22:14 And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:
Deu 22:15 Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:
Deu 22:16 And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;
Deu 22:17 And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
Deu 22:18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;
Deu 22:19 And they shall amerce him in a hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
Deu 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Here is the basis on which Jesus Christ was talking about divorce wherre He said Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Only that He wouldn't go with the stoning judgement because He brought grace. This is the same chapter.

Deu 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
Deu 22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto a husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
Deu 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbor's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
Deu 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
Deu 22:26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbor, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:
Deu 22:27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.
Deu 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Deu 22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:30 A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.
And then the other judicial laws on marriage which i would not 'bore' you with now. In all, this is significant, all of God's Word is significant.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psa 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
Psa 19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Psa 119:128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
i'm not under the law, but i have great regards for God's law, just like the apostles and Jesus.

Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Act 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ Image123,

Please STOP all these long story stuff, it's boring and distortion to this thread. I asked you a question and you responded that the "old covenant was the covenant God made WITH ISRAEL THAT AARON....". So I asked you will you NOW agree with me that the Old Covenant was only given to ISRAEL?.

Now, if you insist on we obeying the laws of Moses (generalizing the law now), Kindly answer this second question and let's go straight to the point:

If you have a rebellious son/daughter, will you stone that child to death? Answer YES or NO Please and let's treat issues straight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Shares N30 Million To Members For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.