Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,118 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

I Am Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Depressed (1770 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Help My Marriage Am Depressed / my husband hate me but i still love him. i am depressed pls advie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
i just find out that i am always been depressed especially at work. People in the house please pray for me and give me words of encouragement.i am not here to complain or solicit for pities but i just want to pour my mind out to those who care to listen and may have a word of help for me.
i discovered that all i have in life now is God(which is good)but at the same time i realise that there are some realities of life that one has to face,struggle with and conquer.

i grew up in a family of medium class and to God be the glory we were trained to always cut our coat according to our clothes. as the last child of the family of six and the only graduate, i gained employment where you are a king(believing you have a fat salary)to the outsiders but in the true sense i am one of the factory workers(so to say)leaving on wages. all effort to get a better job is been proved abortive. to be sincere i have been putting this behind me hoping to be better one day untill this year that i am beggining to become weary.

another hurdle is that i am in my mid-thirties and still struggling with my marital life. hmmmmmmm, this means nobody to plan with, to talk to at will, to share my mind with at appropriate time, and most especially to expressed my feelings to. this is the little i can type about my life for now, but it seems this year has been so terrible and it seems i am getting weaker each passing day. what do i do? how do i go back to my former self? i used to be happy, friendly,jovial and ever smilling. but now when ppl see me most time they will ask "why are you frowning"
Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2012
let me just quote 2pac "baby dont cry you got to keep your head up, even when the road is hard never give up".And give you some HUGS.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by Dyt(f): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
dats anoda phase of life dear, only u can mk ursef happy again
cmon, get out of ur worries and u will see changes
Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
hey gal! dont be depressed ok? Rather channel your spare time (if you have any) to achieve something for your self. You are depressed because you feel being in your mid thirties you are supoosed to be married, kids etc but remember that is not the end of life.

Try making your self better so you can love yourself. Dont depend on anybody to be happy.

Suggesting some things to keep you busy

1. Learn a new language
2. visit frends and family.
3. engage in something different that will add value to your life.
4. Go shopping cheesy cheesy (thats my hobby)

this all i can think of now. hope it helps!
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
thanks to you all.
Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2012

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by mykejones(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
I honestly wish i can help u here.
But u can try listening to musics..diffrent songs..gospel,jazz,RnB and their likes. It seems 2do the magic 4me most times.
Also,if u have some few cash wit u,travel 4 weekends. Try a new place,atleast,once evry month.
Life is short my dear..
"Emancipate urself frm mental slavery".
Best wishes.
Re: I Am Depressed by Chubhie: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
I paused to say a prayer for you..... If some of the people you seems to envy open up to you..hmmm yours will look like childs play. Above all things never never never give up. Keep a smiling face and be positive. All the very best.
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
thanks. although i have to be grateful to God because i dont have a record of sickness and life has not been fraustrating more than what my faith could carry. i really thak God.
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
i must confess nairaland has been my companion for years. although i am not an active poster but i really do enjoy you guys.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed by 2mch(m): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
Tryy to first save half of your salary every month. Dont buy things you dont need. Do this for 6 months and use the money to start something. When the business starts moving, quit and concentrate on your business. tank me later. kiss
Re: I Am Depressed by Honeycity(f): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
the fact that you are alive hale and hearty is worth being grateful to God, each morning thank God n confess positive things into your life, cus many are your age mate that are either in the grave or hospital.
Re: I Am Depressed by Honeycity(f): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch: Tryy to first save half of your salary every month. Dont buy things you dont need. Do this for 6 months and use the money to start something. When the business starts moving, quit and concentrate on your business. tank me later. kiss
saving money is one thing, knowing the right kind of busines to go into is another
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
cry quote author=Honeycity]
saving money is one thing, knowing the right kind of busines to go into is another[/quote]

thanks everybody. i am into business going to 2 years now. through the little i was able to save and borrow. to be sincere i am so addicted to my business and always happy whenever i am back from work to my shop. but i thk the height of my depression CAME IN WHEN ROBBERS STRUCK 2 WEEKS AGO. Alas no help from any angle. money and goods were stolen, my customers were robbed and borrowed money was carted away. i lost nothing less than 80k to these ppl. my dear i know i wlll survive it. and that is what i am doing.
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
Honeycity: the fact that you are alive hale and hearty is worth being grateful to God, each morning thank God n confess positive things into your life, cus many are your age mate that are either in the grave or hospital.

i thank God. and all this my lamentation is as a result of bein alive self. Glory to the giver of my life.
Re: I Am Depressed by 2mch(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
bizgirl:

thanks everybody. i am into business going to 2 years now. through the little i was able to save and borrow. to be sincere i am so addicted to my business and always happy whenever i am back from work to my shop. but i thk the height of my depression CAME IN WHEN ROBBERS STRUCK 2 WEEKS AGO. Alas no help from any angle. money and goods were stolen, my customers were robbed and borrowed money was carted away. i lost nothing less than 80k to these ppl. my dear i know i wlll survive it. and that is what i am doing.

Lesson learned. Try not to keep cash in your business like that. Take it home everyday, only keep small money for change in the busines. This was obviously inside information. Be careful and reevaluate your staff. Pick yourself up and build up your business again. Try to diversify and invest in other things as soon as your business grows so that your money is not concentrated in one place.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed by tasandra: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2012
my dear,i bless God,u were not among those who loose thier lives in the plan crash...which means there s hope smileyi also bless God,u are well..4 health they say s wealth smileyjust be strong,like u av always be...always pray,tell God,u want ur mr ryt...to find u..that u are lonely wit out him...our God,s faithful...always av time 4 ur self...i mean go out make frnds look out 4 good ppl to make frnds wit..do not allow ur work or bizness,keep u 4rm avin fun.all the best my dear smiley
Re: I Am Depressed by bizgirl(f): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch:

Lesson learned. Try not to keep cash in your business like that. Take it home everyday, only keep small money for change in the busines. This was obviously inside information. Be careful and reevaluate your staff. Pick yourself up and build up your business again. Try to diversify and invest in other things as soon as your business grows so that your money is not concentrated in one place.

thanks. but may God save us from ppl that are watching us unknowingly. will you believe i was just coming from bank to offset some of my debt. i have put it behind me anyway. to be sincere i am not regretting anything here. i was just too heavy this morning hence my posting. but by now i know i have ppl around my. thanks for all your encourage ment and advices. may God help you as well.
Re: I Am Depressed by queensmith: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2012
God wil not allow you to see depression, depression is not joke, it's a mental illness. It doesnt go away after marriage.

You're just unhappy about your current state- you need to learn to be more optimistic about things and hope for the best. You can't let situations you cant help dictate the way you feel about yourself. Stop looking at the things you don't have appreciate the things you do have.
Re: I Am Depressed by ronkebp(f): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
it is well dear!!!and this too shall pass.....when you wake up in the morning keep saying to yourself " this too shall pass". don't over stress yourself over nothing, just sit down and think about how you can comeout of the problems and work towards it, thinking and feeling depressed will only harm your health.
Re: I Am Depressed by Johndoe100(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
You say you are single? Are you fine?What you need is a good man. Let's hook up.
Re: I Am Depressed by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2012
Johndoe100: You say you are single? Are you fine?What you need is a good man. Let's hook up.

Owwwwww.....so sweet.

But we need to access you before approving you to the OP.

Post ya CV here ASAP.

OP, we got ya back. Dont want no player cool cool
Re: I Am Depressed by taryour(f): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2012
Johndoe100: You say you are single? Are you fine?What you need is a good man. Let's hook up.

ha ha oga john,but u done marry na. Lol
Re: I Am Depressed by ATMC(f): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
lol. @op not to worry, u'll get over it with time. Time sorts things out. Patience, dt's what u need now. Ur man will come soon

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Help Mr Out Here / Would You Ever Consider Having Your Balls Cut? / When Your Spouse Start Acting Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.