Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Why You Should Fear For Jewelries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Fear For Jewelries (894 Views)

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? / 2015: My Fear For Tinubu / My Fear For Pentecostalism. . .will She Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2012
1.it is a sin
2.it cause sin
many people will tell me it is in the bible that we should be fruitful and multiplied but remember that they who cause men to sin have a greater sin watch what you do
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
That is right
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Areaboy2(m): 11:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
Divepen: That is right

comment on your own write up and acknowledge it? hahaha pitiful cheesy
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2012
Divepen: 1.it is a sin
2.it cause sin
many people will tell me it is in the bible that we should be fruitful and multiplied but remember that they who cause men to sin have a greater sin watch what you do
Divepen what about make up?
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by jagunlabi(m): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2012
Complete nonsense. Your fear of everything is a sin.
Divepen: 1.it is a sin
2.it cause sin
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
fellis:
Divepen what about make up?
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
Make up is a way telling people that God is so wicked therefore i have to design myself as artist design pictures, so that you will consider me and say i love you more than God
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
jagunlabi: Complete nonsense. Your fear of everything is a sin.
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
There nothing called fear because is trying to believe that you did not believe a true
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by MrAnony1(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Divepen: Make up is a way telling people that God is so wicked therefore i have to design myself as artist design pictures, so that you will consider me and say i love you more than God

I like this your logic: What about wearing clothes? Does it mean God is so wicked for creating you naked so you have to design yourself by wearing clothes so that peple can consider you and say I love you more than God?

Why do people just wake up and decide to preach whatever gospel comes into their heads; without checking whether it is biblical or not?
Where in the bible is make up and jewelry a sin?
The keyword is moderation and not what or what not you wear. God looks at the heart
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2012
Wow that was gud..the woman is not to be adornd with ornaments-1tim.2:9-10.as per cloth it is in deut.22:5 dt men and women shud not wear the thns dt pertain to the other.guess what when a woman start putting on body hugs,flirty clothes they say it is to beautify one but it only arouse lust in you which we call love let it be known that love does not take it 'gives'
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by MrAnony1(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2012
Divepen: Wow that was gud..the woman is not to be adornd with ornaments-1tim.2:9-10.as per cloth it is in deut.22:5 dt men and women shud not wear the thns dt pertain to the other.guess what when a woman start putting on body hugs,flirty clothes they say it is to beautify one but it only arouse lust in you which we call love let it be known that love does not take it 'gives'

Yes dressing to arouse lust is sinful. The sin is in the lust and seduction and not in the dressing.
I'll quote a similar post of mine, It was regarding trousers but anyway here goes:-

My brother, there are decent trousers out there that women wear. I don't see how a trouser = unclothedness. If anything at all, a trouser covers more. Wearing trousers and dressing like a LovePeddler are two entirely different things.

Let me shock you a little, there are tribes in Africa whose men and women go topless because it is their culture and that is how they have always dressed. From what the scripture teaches me, I am sure that they can receive Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost while still in their unclothedness. The sin is not in unclothedness, the sin is in lust.

We are biased against trousers because it is alien to our culture not because it is sin. In Europe where temperatures can get below zero degrees, if you don't wear trousers you risk freezing to death. Thank God for grace. The only reason I may not wear a trouser if I was female is because it might offend my brother or sister who does not yet understand that trousers are not sinful (study 1Cor 3:23-33)

About the old testament you are quoting, this is what the bible says:

In that He says, A new covenant, He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. Hebrews 8:13
God bless
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2012
Even from this same european,american were we taught that trousers' 4 men and skirt 4 women...how many nigerian men would you see with a skirt.it is of late that the trend change and we have the women in our trouser.do you see how trousers' nd skirt they were made i'll talk more on it after hearing your view
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by MrAnony1(m): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2012
Divepen: Even from this same european,american were we taught that trousers' 4 men and skirt 4 women...how many nigerian men would you see with a skirt.it is of late that the trend change and we have the women in our trouser.do you see how trousers' nd skirt they were made i'll talk more on it after hearing your view

My friend sin is not in trouser or skirt or whatever you wear. Sin is in the motive. Why will something be a sin in one part of the world and righteousness in another? We are not following Europeans, we are following Christ and for your information, Christ wore a skirt as well as the apostles. That was what people wore in Israel back then.
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
Where did christ wear a skirt?let's look at it..trousers have its zip at the front but the skirt has its at the back.
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by MrAnony1(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Divepen: Where did christ wear a skirt?let's look at it..trousers have its zip at the front but the skirt has its at the back.
Wow, so we are talking about zips now?...............I give up!
Re: Why You Should Fear For Jewelries by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
I mean the zips were made for the man to bring out his gamete when he want to urinate

(1) (Reply)

Read This Story And Know Where You Belongs On Earth. / Reasons Why Ill Keep Bashing Muslims / ISLAM INSTRUCTS MAN TO BEAT WIFE SO SHE MENDS HER WAYS & TREATS HIM WITH RESPECT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.