Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note (993 Views)

On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? / The Arabic Inscription On The Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by luv2talk(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2007
The Inscription on the old Naira Note is not Arabic inscription,Rather,its what they call "Anjemin" which means Trasliteration.As we all know that the most Populous people in Nigeria are Hausa/fulanis and some of them are not educated,the best way to recognise currency is to read the anjemi inscription on the Naira Note.My friends,if u understand Hausa very well and you know Anjemin,You will discover that those inscription are not arabic,Rather,it is Hausa Language.as the inscription is written in western Translitetion style,what is the FAITH of a Typical Village Fulani man who is not able to acquire western education, Please, dont let us be emotional,lets be objective.
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by funloving(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2007
luv2talk:

The Inscription on the old Naira Note is not Arabic inscription,Rather,its what they call "Anjemin" which means Trasliteration.As we all know that the most Populous people in Nigeria are Hausa/fulanis and some of them are not educated,the best way to recognise currency is to read the anjemi inscription on the Naira Note.My friends,if u understand Hausa very well and you know Anjemin,You will discover that those inscription are not arabic,Rather,it is Hausa Language.as the inscription is written in western Translitetion style,what is the FAITH of a Typical Village Fulani man who is not able to acquire western education, Please, don't let us be emotional,lets be objective.

Your statement in bold refers:

What about the Yorubas, Ibos, Ijaws, Binis, etc who are also not able to acquire Western Education ? What will be their fate in "reading" our currency ?
Because the Hausa/Fulani are the most populous? (there is no accurate statistics to back this up anyway) should that give them a prefrential treatment over every other tribe in Nigeria or are other tribes less important than the Hausa/Fulani folks ?

Forget this argument, it does not hold water. We either have no "Ajami" script or we have all Nigerian Languages inscripted on our currency, definitely impossible and outlandishly foolish.

Moreover, the Hausa/Fulani folks and all other supposed "uneducated" Nigerians have been using our currencies for years without refering to the Ajami. I believe that there is no adult in this country today, who won't recognise a N20 Note or a N100 note.
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by ow11(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2007
@ funloving

you don talk am finish
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2007
So when is luv2talk going to recommend writing the JAMB exams in anjemi language for the sake of the hausa/fulani?
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by grafikdon: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2007
These people and their fantastically and cocastically woven fairy tales! The atrocious Arabiajumanima whatever inscription has been phased out for good, deal with it!
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by Germannig: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2007
luv2talk:

The Inscription on the old Naira Note is not Arabic inscription,Rather,its what they call "Anjemin" which means Trasliteration.As we all know that the most Populous people in Nigeria are Hausa/fulanis and some of them are not educated,the best way to recognise currency is to read the anjemi inscription on the Naira Note.My friends,if u understand Hausa very well and you know Anjemin,You will discover that those inscription are not arabic,Rather,it is Hausa Language.as the inscription is written in western Translitetion style,what is the FAITH of a Typical Village Fulani man who is not able to acquire western education, Please, don't let us be emotional,lets be objective.

Moronic bullshit
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by malubia: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2007
" luvtotalk, if you could just take a moment and go through your thread again, m sure you will know who is trying to be EMOTIONAL and not OBJECTIVE. Next time think reason well before you say something. Sorry to say but you merely exposed the height of folly. Why dont we start reading the news in hausa for the benefit of the illiterate fulani or better still, make Hausa our second lingua franca.

Puuullllleeeeeaaaaassssseeee
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
ARABIC is not even a Nigerian Language. It is a foreign language! Arabic has not much to do with the hausa or fulani people's own native dialect. It is simply just for those who claim the religion since not all Hausa's and Fulani's are muslims.
Re: Why Arabic Inscription I Was On Old Naira Note by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
why did you guys answer her? can you see that her name is luv to talk?

(1) (Reply)

OBJ Moves To Reconcile With Atiku / Corruption, Where Is Thy Sting / Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.