Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide (10721 Views)

Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Patience Jonathan Won’t Appear Before ICC – PDP / Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Political Matters, Mr. Ahmed Gulak, has said the President won’t stay more than eight years in office.

Gulak said this on Wednesday during a courtesy call on him by the North Central Women Forum led by a former member of the House of Representatives, Mrs. Amina Aliyu.

Gulak also promised to implement the 35 percent affirmative action for women in board appointments.

He said, “Please take the gospel of peace and tolerance irrespective of your religion and ethnicity to them because this country belongs to all of us and God has given us President Goodluck Jonathan. Goodluck Jonathan is the President today but he is not going to stay more than eight years. Nigeria belongs to all of us and not for one person.

“Without the women our democracy will not be complete. I have seen it all during the campaign and Mr. president appreciates the role of women in our democracy and the role the women played in installing this administration. That is the reason the President gave more than 35 per cent in his appointment.”

Gulak added, “I will also urge you the women in the North Central that peace is what we need in this country. We are happy and glad that the North Central is relatively peaceful than the North East. This government relies on women because the young people and children who are used by the mischief makers are your children.

“All of us must say enough is enough for these mischief makers. The history of this country cannot be written without mentioning the role of women who played important roles during the pre-colonial era, including the Aba Women riot (of 1929) which gingered the independence of this country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-wont-stay-more-than-eight-years-aide/
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hmmm... I see Oga Jona apparently intends to renege on his promise to limit himself to a single term. We'll see.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2012
HNosegbe: Hmmm... I see Oga Jona apparently intends to renege on his promise to limit himself to a single term. We'll see.

I thought i was the only one that read somewhere, when he promised only one term to the completion of Yar'Adua's term
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Akanbiedu(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
You done see person wey leave Aso rock willingly before?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by OAM4J: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
What eight years? As vice and now president or from the time he was elected president?
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2012
Akanbi_edu: You done see person wey leave Aso rock willingly before?

Now i blv what they said about Alcohol that comes with power, drunkenness of it is so bad . . .
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by doctokwus: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
No honor left in d country.A man promises sth& lies b4 ur face he ddnt mention anything like dat.A man is video taped collecting mony& he lies b4 d world his image was doctored,anoda says he wanted to catch a thief wt a sting operation,but let's d world know 2mths after d operation.If anybody is expectin GEJ to stick to a single term,den u under estimate d lack of any iota of conscience possessed by d 1999 class of politicians,they neither fear man nor God.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
Choi!!! Oga Jona has not even gone half-way through his current tenure and his "adviser" is already claiming eight years. Issokay o...
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by nduchucks: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
There is a very strong constitutional case for GEJ not staying on office as President for more than a total of 8 years. The man should not contest in 2015 to avoid a constitutional crisis or worse.

He has a right to contest in 2015, but the constitution has not yet been tested regarding whether he can stay in office longer than 8 years. We dey watch.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
OAM4J: What eight years? As vice and now president or from the time he was elected president?

Technically he was not elected during his years as vice, so you are looking at his time as President beginning May 29th 2011 . . . ROFLMAO!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
8yrs of cluelessness and daftness. Damn it, that is not funny ooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by OAM4J: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Technically he was not elected during his years as vice, so you are looking at his time as President beginning May 29th 2011 . . . ROFLMAO!

I doubt Nigeria can survive 8 years of Jonathan as president at this rate he is going. Something must break.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by nduchucks: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
OAM4J: What eight years? As vice and now president or from the time he was elected president?

The question of when to start counting has not yet been answered by the supreme court. The intention of the framers of the constitution will come to play in that calculation. Many legal scholars believe that the counting should start when he was first sworn-in as President - that would be after Yar'Adua's passing.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
OAM4J:

I doubt Nigeria can survive 8 years of Jonathan as president at this rate he is going. Something must break.

Well, you just completed 1 elected-year. 7, I mean 3 more to go . . . . grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, you just completed 1 elected-year. 7, I mean 3 more to go . . . . grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good thing you corrected yourself. We for don vex for you. grin
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
PDP, Power !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by ochukoccna: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
Where is Reno aka beaf to come defend his 'massah' and earn his pay? grin grin grin grin

@ topic,can Nigeria last 7 more years other Ebele? undecided undecided undecided
That's serious food for thought. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Ikengawo: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
what an idiotic announcement, he doesn't have the right to stay longer, 8 is his constitutional limit. This 'aide' is speaking as if GEJ has a choice.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
Its crazy, constitution says 2 terms of 4yrs each meaning 8yrs, there is no provision for more than that. Telling us what we already know. Over to opposition bigots. Am warming up for sectional rhetorics.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by thepo(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2012
interesting grin
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Miroslavklose: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
we can interpret this to mean 8 years up to 2015. 3yrs as VP, 5 years as President
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Its crazy, constitution says 2 terms of 4yrs each meaning 8yrs, there is no provision for more than that. Telling us what we already know. Over to opposition bigots. Am warming up for sectional rhetorics.

2 terms of 4yrs each - did he enjoy 4 yrs after Yaradua demise? A tenure is 4yrs, anything less than 4yrs does not qualify as a tenure. Still didnt get the jek? too bad!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by darlingboy1: 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
We know need am again,make he commot nw.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by erniok(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
E don happen. Nigeria, we are in for it. E no do anything from the time he was sworn in as president after yar'adua demise. Now he wants to go for another term come 2015. Nigerians say no to rubbish and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by tEsLim(m): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
Boy-cut the country till that fool is out of sit. Most likely the last Nigerian president. Because by the time he leaves there will be 1000000000% frustrations.
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by lacasa: 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
erniok: E don happen. Nigeria, we are in for it. E no do anything from the time he was sworn in as president after yar'adua demise. Now he wants to go for another term come 2015. Nigerians say no to rubbish and incompetence.

if τ̅o say it were different Nigerians my oga, bt if it is this same Nigeria wey we dey, then i cnt bank on dem not voting "GEJ aπϑ not PDP" come 2015

Majjority of Nigerians are green snakes under green/white/green flag.

Beware!!b!
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by thoniann(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
GOODLUCK IS THE MAN COME 2015! I Love Goodluck, I Love Goodluck, He's My Man, He's My Man... I Will Never Leave Him, I Will Never Leave Him, He's My Man, He's My Man. :PGOODLUCK IS THE MAN COME 2015! I Love Goodluck, I Love Goodluck, He's My Man, He's My Man... I Will Never Leave Him, I Will Never Leave Him, He's My Man, He's My Man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2012
Abeg enuf of this tenure this or that! If ppl really
think this man is doing bad and see a better option then
Let them vote him out come 2015.

Assuming that I'm in nigeria and an election is to be held tomorrow
with same candidates that came up last time, I won't only
Vote for Jonathan but will sponsor him with little I have.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by warrior101: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
darling boy: We know need am again,make he commot nw.
grin
Re: Jonathan Won’t Stay More Than Eight Years – Aide by bakila: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
GEJ Completed the remaining years of YarAdu'a as president for a tenure. He was elected to another tenure from 2011, four years later he would complete the term that qualify's him as having being elected at two previous elections. We would clap for him at the end for a job well done.
Gulak a Lawyer adviser on Political matter has ignored that interpretation of the Constitution.
Hope GEJ will not allow himself to be fooled. We are waiting to clapp for him and bid him goodbye in 2015:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies / Beyond #ArmsProbe: The Need To Probe The Entire Defence Budget / Army Averts Another Suicide Attack In Borno..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.