Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Did You Say Christians Were Boring? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did You Say Christians Were Boring? (1477 Views)

What If Christians Were Terrorists? A Concerned Arab Asks / BOLD: Female Arab Journalist Asks, 'what If Christians Were Suicide Bombers?' / Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Omachile(m): 10:45am On Apr 03, 2006
its sad to see how people believe that christians are people who never hav fun. I mean they feel we as christia s are like always up tight and never smiling unless u maybe say "praise the lord" or something like that.
  that isn't really their fault because some christians make it look sad. i fel we sould be able to instigate some fun filled christian activities arund us. that impression created has to be changed.
  what u ya'll say bout that
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by otokx(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2006
it depends on their idea of fun, one thing i have noticed is that we are too concerned with what other people think. some churches have turned their services into mini club sessions in the bid to sell the kingdom life. I take time to make sure I enjoy myself at work, in school, at home and anywhere i find myself. Chatting on yahoo is cool, gaming on the playstation 2 console, going out to eateries once in a while and singing with the choir. Listening to music and hanging out with the boys is a favorite of mine.
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Omachile(m): 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2006
thats quite true. many people in the bid to make christianity "fun filled" hav actually missed the point. we should never try to bend any of the rules (the 10 commands or other) given in the bible. its very wrong to try and interprete it inour own way.
fun in christianity has its bounds still. we have to watch our lies, how we talk and what impression we make. we should have fun THE WAY JESUS WOULD.
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by omobabson2: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
hello guys, it is imperative we all know that in as much as we can have fun as christians there are boundaries we can't cross. Remember all things should be done moderately
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Smi1(m): 11:24am On Sep 08, 2010
LOOLx bunch of Christians flopper x)) grin
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by PastorAIO: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2010
I've never heard this angle before. |That christians do not have fun. If anything they (or at least some of them) are having too much fun at the expense of their doting followers and at the expense of their souls.
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2010
Having fun ke? Having fun will send christians to the hottest part of hell, pronto like! Make dem no try am o! Apart from feeling guilty for their "sins" all their life long and begging jesus to help smuggle them into his father's mansion come the afterlife, nothing for them o! Only the boring shall inherit the earth and be raptured.  grin

Only the devil's spawns have fun, abeg! wink
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by yommyuk: 5:17am On Sep 10, 2010
There is joy in the presence of the Lord.
However there is a time for everything under the Sun.
A time to have fun and a time to chill. But yeh!I agree, Xtians should enjoy life. Only one life to live in this world.
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
How can there be joy in the presence of the image of a bloody, unclothed and painridding Jesus nailed to the cross, looking emanciated and dead? How can there be joy and happiness in a religion that worships DEATH instead of LIFE? How can there be joy and happiness within a DEATH CULT that this religion called christianity is and will always be? How can there be joy and celebration within a death cult whose adherents wait gleefully for the end of the world to happen like yeterday? How can such people(like you claimed) honestly say that they enjoy LIFE?

Life is for the living and not for people who have chosen to die in wait of life after death.
yommyuk:

There is joy in the presence of the Lord.
However there is a time for everything under the Sun.
A time to have fun and a time to chill. But yeh!I agree, Xtians should enjoy life. Only one life to live in this world.
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by yommyuk: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Jenwitemi
As your name suggests (Let me say my piece)

I see u as a demon roaming about looking for whom to devour. BIG MISTAKE!

You are trying to take me on, right?
Darkness can never conquer the light. Whenever/Wherever Light shows up, Darkness disappears.

The Word of God states " His hand of blessing is upon me, But all demons will be crushed. They will be trampled down and left to rot. God will push them down like the people of Moab as a swimmer pushes down water with his hands. God will end their pride and all their evil works. All demons will be demolished and brought down to the ground, down to dust.

You wanna hear more? Please bro GET LOST!!! angry
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2010
And why are you so vexed? I gave you too much TRUTH? Sorry o! I apologize. wink

BTW, thanks for calling me a demon, mate. Demons are the coolest dudes around, you know. They are never boring. wink grin
yommyuk:

@Jenwitemi
As your name suggests (Let me say my piece)

I see u as a demon roaming about looking for whom to devour. BIG MISTAKE!

You are trying to take me on, right?
Darkness can never conquer the light. Whenever/Wherever Light shows up, Darkness disappears.

The Word of God states " His hand of blessing is upon me, But all demons will be crushed. They will be trampled down and left to rot. God will push them down like the people of Moab as a swimmer pushes down water with his hands. God will end their pride and all their evil works. All demons will be demolished and brought down to the ground, down to dust.

You wanna hear more? Please bro GET LOST!!! angry
Re: Did You Say Christians Were Boring? by yommyuk: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Jewitemi

I am not vexed with you personally. It is the demon in u that I have an issue with cool
What a waste

(1) (Reply)

The Meeting Point Of Warm Nd Cold Water Is A Testimony Of God's Existence / Taking Hip-hop Back To Its Source / The Lord Jesus Christ, God - The Rock, The Fountain of Living Waters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.