Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All (9519 Views)

Breaking News: Alex Otti Bribe Money Tears INEC Apart / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. / ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by rasputinn(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2012
The whole media sphere has been awash with revelations and counter revelations of how much bribe money 'Hon' Farouk Lawan demanded and collected from Femi Otedola.

However due to the allegation by Mr Otedola that Farouk Lawan repeatedly told him that other marketers were 'playing ball',aka they were already paying up,there's a bigger question to be asked.

Now if a marketer that imports diesel,a product that is not subsidised could be asked by Farouk to pay a bribe of $3 million dollars,how much did he ask the other three bigger firms,who actually import pms and who were initially heavilly fingered in the subsidy fund loot but whose names were eventually erased from Farouk Lawan subsidy report?How much did they pay him?$5 million dollars each? I've heard something like that in some quarters,but nothing is verified yet.

So nairalanders,has anyone seen a link to the total sum Farouk collected,cos if its $5 million dollars as being alleged,that would give $15million from the three marketers.

So much for integrity group.Some more Nigerians now know better
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Beaf: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2012
I heard of 10 - 11 milla USD, but its from whispers.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
I mean *coughs vehemently* sorry, you mean all these money is in UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN DOLLAR?
The same dollar obama mint's?
Chei . . . . . . .nigerian's don suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Olaone1: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf: I heard of 10 - 11 milla USD, but its from whispers.

Haba! Biifuuuuu shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by ebgbest(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
O boy c money, get d power get d money
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by norrisman: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ola one:

Haba! Biifuuuuu shocked shocked

It is not impossible. And with beaf being close to the presidency, his figures wont be far from the truth.

How many people are on the commitee? At least each man/ woman on the commitee will have gone home with about $2 million (N320 million). Not bad for a few weeks work!
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by tuoyoojo(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
The truth is that this farouk guy was left out to dry...how many of these reps callin for d head of farouk,have their has clean..haven't said dat if d guy is found guity he shud be punished

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Opoki(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
I'm tired abt this whole scene besides no maximum penalty will be passed on him to serve as detterant, maybe he (Lawan) wouldn't have gone so far hadn't be Bank'Ole was dealt with severely.
As usual, he will be released without convicted, he will contest under the same Party(Which he ought to have been barnished) and he'll eventually become Gov. Of Kano.
What a Sick Country!

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by blueheart(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
O ma ga ooo :'(O ma ga ooo
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by blessamo: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
What do you want to do with the total now? i think the best thing is to know where the money is going to be spent if at all recovered

God Save NIGERIA from these people!
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
The very fact that the House members laughed about this issue and played with our collective intelligence shows that, they dont want to let only Farouk Lawan out in the desert because most of them have also enjoyed bribes from other richer Petroleum marketers, if Farouk is left alone, he might sing to the press and all of them will be in soup, so they ganged up and laughed at us Nigerians. What can we do as a people, nothing. Until we start maiming these reps back home (they hardly come home, cos they own mansions at ABJ), the bs continues. Right now, I feel like killing them all. Yes, I mean killing them all.

3 Likes

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Captainajama: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Farougegate is more appropriate. The media should make a mince meat of this issue,and at the same time should be cautious. Cautious in the sense that they should be sure of their information before releasing to the public. Let it not go the way of other write ups where we are deliberately or mistakenly misled by false information or on hear say. Farouk failed in conduct appropriate for a parliamentarian,he should be suspended and the onus now lies on his people to wield their political powers ad recall him. My people should not abuse the freedom of speech as it is and start peddling information that they are not sure of. Farouk is a member of PDP, and we should watch and see the stand of this party. This should not be time for bias and name calling..........someone said GEJ has come again, and I began to wonder. Wonder in the sense that some of us has followed this case from the onset and are trying to figure out wet in concern fowl with teeth or agbero with overload. Jonathan may not be as charismatic as they come, but I can see focus and sincerity of purpose in his actions, we should not pull him down.

1 Like

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
Its these bastarddddsss... that keeps making the Prices of Dollars go up... Cuz naturally when you keep buying dollars there is an increase in the Demand, and therefore makes the price go up..

2 Likes

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by ebamma(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
this lawmakers are angry cos farouk lawan and co did not give them their share of the booty
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by scribble: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
rasputinn: The whole media sphere has been awash with revelations and counter revelations of how much bribe money 'Hon' Farouk Lawan demanded and collected from Femi Otedola.

However due to the allegation by Mr Otedola that Farouk Lawan repeatedly told him that other marketers were 'playing ball',aka they were already paying up,there's a bigger question to be asked.

Now if a marketer that imports diesel,a product that is not subsidised could be asked by Farouk to pay a bribe of $3 million dollars,how much did he ask the other three bigger firms,who actually import pms and who were initially heavilly fingered in the subsidy fund loot but whose names were eventually erased from Farouk Lawan subsidy report?How much did they pay him?$5 million dollars each? I've heard something like that in some quarters,but nothing is verified yet.

So nairalanders,has anyone seen a link to the total sum Farouk collected,cos if its $5 million dollars as being alleged,that would give $15million from the three marketers.

So much for integrity group.Some more Nigerians now know better

God gave u a brain. Let us thank him. However your statement on Otedola being strictly a diesel importer is FALSE. Otedola owns Africa Petroleum/Forte Oil. The company was indicted in the subsidy report for claiming subsidy that cannot be verified, counter-tripping and diversion of petrol to other countries amongst other things.

Please read pages 139 to 141 of Subsidy report for further clarification.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Koolking(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
I wonder why Nigerian Legislators are tagged 'honourable' members, when these people are actually doing dishonourable things. I pray this country is not doomed cos people who suppose to be as 'checks' to the tendencies of the Executive are the rogues in disguise representing the people.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
Koolking: I wonder why Nigerian Legislators are tagged 'honourable' members, when these people are actually doing dishonourable things. I pray this country is not doomed cos people who suppose to be as 'checks' to the tendencies of the Executive are the rogues in disguise representing the people.
What does that "Honorable" in their name signify ?
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by surmeister(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
Wow c money. Na wa o. N dey said FG is broke.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Joey82(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
hell is sure empty, all the demons are in abuja!!!!!!
see em all laughing @us
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by bright007(f): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: What does that "Honorable" in their name signify ?
if u ask me,I would say it means they are professional thieves.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by ballabriggs: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
Facrook took $15 million from Otedola to remove his name. Send Farouk to jail I say. Otedola defrauded the counry by seeking $250 million from the FOREX market for importation which was false. Oya now when would Otedola also face the law abi Jona follow chop inside the money. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by HighChief4(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
At the end of the day, nothing will come out of all these accusations and counter-accusations. What has happened to Patricia Etteh, Bankole and so many others. Nigerians will also not demand justice be meted out to people that are culpable. I don tire
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Revealedtv(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
#beaf is back...\(^•^)/. The most controversial person on Nairaland...Now that's celebrity status
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by kaiter: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
It is not impossible. And with beaf being close to the presidency, his figures wont be far from the truth.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Clerverly: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
Captainajama: Farougegate is more appropriate. The media should make a mince meat of this issue,and at the same time should be cautious. Cautious in the sense that they should be sure of their information before releasing to the public. Let it not go the way of other write ups where we are deliberately or mistakenly misled by false information or on hear say. Farouk failed in conduct appropriate for a parliamentarian,he should be suspended and the onus now lies on his people to wield their political powers ad recall him. My people should not abuse the freedom of speech as it is and start peddling information that they are not sure of. Farouk is a member of PDP, and we should watch and see the stand of this party. This should not be time for bias and name calling..........someone said GEJ has come again, and I began to wonder. Wonder in the sense that some of us has followed this case from the onset and are trying to figure out wet in concern fowl with teeth or agbero with overload. Jonathan may not be as charismatic as they come, but I can see focus and sincerity of purpose in his actions, we should not pull him down.
I hope you are not here to wash Jona's dirty panties, cos if thats the case you need a truck load of detergents to sart with. Sincerity ko sincerity ni!
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by question(m): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Abracadabra... The more you look...the less you see.

Poverty mentality is causing all this corruption.
Where are all the bundles of "Benjamin" Farouk collected?

Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Ournaija: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
Does this mean that this country can not be redeemed? Someone appointed to catch thieves ended up as an arm robber.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by alfaliman: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
i did not believe dis because in naija on tell someone is doing good work that when others will come and say is a criminal too,that means every body in naija is a criminal
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by crackhouse(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
Guitarlife: I mean *coughs vehemently* sorry, you mean all these money is in UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN DOLLAR?
The same dollar obama mint's?
Chei . . . . . . .nigerian's don suffer.
hey mr man, we didn't ask u to come and spread bird flu here.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by dein77(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
High_Chief: At the end of the day, nothing will come out of all these accusations and counter-accusations. What has happened to Patricia Etteh, Bankole and so many others. Nigerians will also not demand justice be meted out to people that are culpable. I don tire
THE FACT THAT NIGERIANS WONT OCCUPY NASS TO ENSURE THESE THIEVES ARE SENT TO JAIL IS THE MAIN REASON THEY WONT BE SENT.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by badesco(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
He collected $500,000 ($250k x 2)and his deputy collected $120,000 making a total of a whooping $620,000. If we convert it to Nigeria Naira it be N150 x 620 = 93,000,000.
Re: Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All by Koolking(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: What does that "Honorable" in their name signify ?

The honourable is a sarcasm of what they truly are

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Youth Ultimatum Is Rubbish - We Dare The North To Try Nonsense! / Leaked Audio: Ibrahim Shema Aides Accuse Ex-Governor Of Katsina Of Embezzlement / 2023. Party Supporters, Learn To Market Your Candidates(Opinion).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.