Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister (3329 Views)

Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Junior Sister ? / Should A Man Keep Quiet When His Wife Is Insulted By Her Junior Sister / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by busywoman(f): 11:21am On Apr 03, 2006
Need advice. my husband junior sister had a fight with me what do i do?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2006
Why don't you tell us more about the fight? What is your husband's position on the issue?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by babymine(f): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2006
Did she beat you? grin grin grin
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Rhodalyn(f): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2006
they're all jst like dat!!!!!!!!!!!! tell ya husby n see wht he sees, if he dares tell U crap deal wit him da way he rightly deserves to be dealt with!!!!!!!!!

anyway, jst as babymine asked, did she beat U?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by babymine(f): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2006
Rhoda you are on your own oh! grin grin grin

Don't echo my question oh, I no want trouble. grin
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by eveseh(f): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2006
dont let her enter ya house again
if she comes to ya husband tell her to wait outside grin grin
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Rhodalyn(f): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2006
babymine:

Rhoda you are on your own oh! grin grin grin

Don't echo my question oh, I no want trouble. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy im right behind U den cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy we dnt wnt trouble oh cheesy cheesy!
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by sweetberry(f): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2008
do nothing i.e don't start cussin & shoutin at her
some of these sisters in law are not worth the effort,
for the sake of your husband just smile & be nice & be friendly to her
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by alfangco(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2008
@post

Pls she is your hubby's sister, treat her same way your hubby will treat her as a younger sister. Never force your husband make a choice between you and his immediate family. He will choose u of course but it will always prick his conscience for no man (nigerian) wants to feel like a woman wrapper, ready to kick everybody away just because he is married (What do u need an unhappy husband for). Remember in Nigeria marriage does not remove (but can only reduce) men's or women's reponsibility to their family.

MY ADVICE: Swallow pride approach ur sister inlaw make peace (even if u were right and she wrong). Your husband will be proud of u and your sister inlaw too will respect u from that moment for that. I DON TALK MY OWN FROM EXPERIENCE
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Carlosein(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2008
second alfangco cool
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2008
alfangco:

@post

Please she is your hubby's sister, treat her same way your hubby will treat her as a younger sister. Never force your husband make a choice between you and his immediate family. He will choose u of course but it will always prick his conscience for no man (nigerian) wants to feel like a woman wrapper, ready to kick everybody away just because he is married (What do u need an unhappy husband for). Remember in Nigeria marriage does not remove (but can only reduce) men's or women's reponsibility to their family.

MY ADVICE: Swallow pride approach your sister inlaw make peace (even if u were right and she wrong). Your husband will be proud of u and your sister inlaw too will respect u from that moment for that. I DON TALK MY OWN FROM EXPERIENCE

Or maybe the sister will feel she can do as she likes. I hope she is smart enough to understand the reasons behind her inetentions to make peace.
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Seun(m): 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2008
What sort of advice do you expect us to give when you've not told us what caused the fight?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Daman1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2008
How many times have you your own biological siblings without it becoming an issue? why the fuse with a fight involving your sister in law?

My dear, deal with the issue and try as much as you can to overlook the personality involved.
This will at least save you the heartache.
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by saha(f): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
Inlaws are inlaws no matter what.give them their respect but don't be unreasonable yourself.since na woman she ma go marry then she go feel am as what goes around comes around.God dey poor man prayer
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Daman1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2008
sorry, my first line above meant to read:
How many times have you fought with your own siblings without becoming an issue?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by odiaseo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2008
@poster
You need to give more details about the incident so we do not make assumptions.
From my opinion you should not allow the situation degenerate to the extend that you have to fight. Whatever happens between you and you in-laws should be settled in your bedroom. Let your husband deal with the issues you loose respect be exchanging words and slaps with your in-laws.

Haven said that, your home is your home, in-laws or no in-laws. You have full authority and control of what happens in you house. Your authority needs to be established and emphasised by your husband. How you and your husband go about establishing this hierarchy is a matter of your maturity and relational skills
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by nossycheek(f): 11:35am On Mar 31, 2008
Ignore her completely but for person like me, I would have taught her a hard learnt lesson with my karate and kung fu. Na only God fit save her teeth. Go ask my sis-in-law, they now dread me since after I slugged it out with his junior sister though my senior.
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by bluehorizo(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2008
What type of fight are you talking about? Was it a physical fight or mouth fight?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Zandra1(f): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ nossycheek, ur post got me laughing so much cheesy. Kung fu hussle cool.
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by ifyalways(f): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
Da man:

How many times have you your own biological siblings without it becoming an issue? why the fuse with a fight involving your sister in law?

My dear, deal with the issue and try as much as you can to overlook the personality involved.
word ! ! !
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2008
Da man:

co-sizzle.
besides sisters will always be protective of their brothers when another woman is involved. u gast to understand
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by bigfather(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2008
Wetin be cause of the fight ?
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Cadet(f): 7:42pm On Apr 05, 2008
realized that this thread is 2 years old.but if there's any possibility that anyone might have the same problem, my suggestion would be to talk it out with your husband's sister, then if she refuse to listen, take the problem to your husband. you can't live with a rival, esp. if she's dear to your husband. this kind of things spoil marriage.
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by mamagee3(f): 1:27am On Jan 06, 2010
Who won the fight? grin grin
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2010
Re: Had A Fight With My Husband's Junior Sister by Smi1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
C'mon go back to her and brush her hard and then come back and tell us the full story grin wink smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Bear It Anymore Silence Kills / Wish Someone Special On Nairaland Happy New Month And Happy Sunday / O.M.G What Is This Lady Doing To Her Kids!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.