Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! (4090 Views)

HELP!!! I'm Dying / I'm Dying: Who Can Help / I'm Dying: Who Can Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by guyman2(m): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2007
I graduated in Economics in 2004 with second class lower from one of the second generation Federal Universities and did the mandatory NYSC in Batch A 2005. I was discharged on 1st February, 2006 and uptil now I haven't found a job. I have combed the whole of Lagos for a job to no avail. By family considers me a failure having spent so much for me to this level without results. I used to think and cry every night in the room, I feel like an outcast. I'm contemplating doing something terrible if at the end of this year I still remain jobless.

As I write this, I am hungry and tears filll my eyes. The last money I have is what am using to browse. Please help me out.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Gamba(f): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2007
@topic
Do not lose hope, silver or gold i have none to offer but all i can say to you is to keep prayng and to be hopeful in God.
Soonest you will sing a New Song! smiley
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by ibis: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2007
@ guyman.

your breakthrough is very close. dont worry. as long as there is life there is hope! hold on to God, he does not fail.

spread the word you are looking for a job. word of mouth goes a long way!!!!!!!
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2007
guyman2:

I graduated in Economics in 2004 with second class lower from one of the second generation Federal Universities and did the mandatory NYSC in Batch A 2005. I was discharged on 1st February, 2006 and uptil now I haven't found a job. I have combed the whole of Lagos for a job to no avail. By family considers me a failure having spent so much for me to this level without results. I used to think and cry every night in the room, I feel like an outcast. I'm contemplating doing something terrible if at the end of this year I still remain jobless.

As I write this, I am hungry and tears filll my eyes. The last money I have is what am using to browse. Please help me out.

How I wish I could help. God is your strength. Such are the viscissitudes of life.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by AngleJ: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2007
Mr gunman,

You should first change the way you talk, because there is power in words( I'm contemplating doing something terrible if at the end of this year I still remain jobless). Look, let me tell u, getting job is not by power or by struggling but it is by God's grace. Am advising u to cool down that ur own job that you will not regret is coming. Even if u did something terrible to ur self, it wouldn't change anything. So relax and be patience ur job is coming, Okey. Is not late yet.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2007
Abeg tell dey guyman/

I know person wey dey jobless since 2002. no be power joo.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by every(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2007
Guyman, there is a saying that goes like this---- Tough times dont last but Tough people do and there's anoda that goes thus--- When the road gets Tough, the Tough gets going.
Guyman, put your faith in God and he will see u thru. I believe someday, verysoon, u'll sing a new song.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
No worry, no fear, & no give up & no do anything stupid too. God dey. Very soon e go be. I Really wish dat u will become D star of ur family, D hope of ur generation, Because u know where u are going, D whole world will step aside for u. May u find favour with God & men, May u grow in wisdom & stature, May u walk in dominion over every job circumstance & situation, May every day of your life be one of success & purpose, Never 4get 2 Act as if it were impossible 2 fail, because 4 people like u & me, D word failure does not exist, ur success in life is non negotiable , God bless u, !!!.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by klan(f): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2007
'
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by georgee(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2007
@guyman
am in thesame shoes as u,i dnt even know wat to do again
i read met/mat ENGINEERING 2.2,2004 frm UNILAG, finished NYSC feb 2006 and uptill now nothing nothing.
All my classmates av gotten jobs,even ones with extra years.
NA WA OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by clareomiz(f): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
U wan go kill yourself because work"never come" abi? I be think say Nigerians na happy people? U dey pray so? O boy!send me your number @ clareomiz@yahoo.com . make I arrange small thing for you! see ya!
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by ogunlekan: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2007
Take things cool and look up to God.Your time to shine has come.Think positlvely
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Tpappi: 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2007
Send your CV to opiro2000@yahoo.com, as long as you have something impressive to offer sha o.

God dey,
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by biotech(m): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2007
I feel ur current position now and know how much it feels to be without a means of livelihood.
Nevertheless, u need to understand some essential things in life
1-u need to do a study of great men and women within and outside the country. Am sure u will discover that they all had rough times and cloudy beginning. In fact 75% of em are from the background
2-U need to have great faith in God and in u inborn potentials. It is said that what takes a child to heights is beyoud IQ, it is called the 'I CAN'
3-Start with what u have dont wait until u get a big job, we must not all start big, but we all can be big.
4-Read and share always. Read scriptures and motivational books and always talk positives.Also ask for repantance of anything u'av done wrong (Very important)
5-See its coming u way-Breakthrough!!!!-Congratulations man
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by bolaoni(m): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2007
my guy, what you need is to believe something great is coming your way. What will you do to yourself
if you don't get the job? Kill yourself or what?

Find yourself something else to do my guy. it is not in jobs alone that you can have satisfaction.

Find opportunities around you wink
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by ficasej: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2007
Guy, i must tell you that your life depend on God. HE has a plan for you. Don't do anything stupid. Don't quit b/c quitters never succed.
But as matter of help, anyone in the house who can, should try help out plsssss!!!!!!!!!! b/4 we loose a member
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by eniyan(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2007
Keep your head up. Be strong my man! You would be proud of yourself for staying strong when things get better. Everything gonna be alright - just might take time.

PRACTICAL ADVICE
Like someone mentioned earlier, try see if you can get a teaching job at any school. You can go to the schools in the suburbs of Lagos. I'm sure they always look for teachers of your calibre (I'm talking from experience). You studied Economics. You can even begin a lesson in your area, teaching secondary school students. You can go to your local schools and encourage students to join your lesson to pass their final examinations. You can charge a cheap fee and have many students.

If you have access to land, go into farming.

Keep your head up brethren. cool
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by sweetonyx(m): 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2007
My dear Guyman,haven gone through ur post I cudnt help but notice dat u seem to think uve got powers to do things for urself. The truth is as humans theres actually nothin we can do 4 ourselves without the capital HELP of our Lord Jesus Christ.The  answer(solution) to all challenges faced by man is complete faith and trust in GOD.Do u still have hope of securing a job? Yes,but only When GOD says Yes.A look at 1samuel 9: 21. would surely convince u about GOD'S Blessings.His blessings are simply overwhelming i.e. like dey say,out of this world. So before u do anythin stupid the question is, have u placed ur challenges before ur GOD the HELPER of ALL? Remember,GOD loves u.Stay blessed smiley
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by wham(m): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
I think sometimes we just have to think about the other resources God had given us even b4 our degrees.

Where do ur strengths lie? There might been a small job/business out there that might just be the stepping stone u need.

Turn to God with ur whole heart and be diligent. Ur breakthrough would be STRONG eventually
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by pastorking(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2007
Guyman,

I really feel for you.
But lets tackle your case this way.

I feel your problem first starts from your name. Drop the aluta way of doing things and a
start acting maturely. Never allow what your family says or think about you to affect you in anyway.
Tell them politely not to put you under any stress. Join a good bible believing job where you can listen to good messages and testimonies that will motivate you. Bretheren in such congregation could even assist sustain you untill "the rain comes". Then think of any talent you have and see how you can develop it.,
A lot of people waste most of their years looking for jobs where they will earn salary, where as they were actually created and designed by God to pay others salary.

Stop sounding helpless, but rather talk positively with great hopes.
ok. I have taken time to pray for you. A job is coming your way soon.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Jennyl: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2007
what else can i say my brother,my fellow nairalanders has said it all.but there is one thing i know in life,any form of hard times or trials one encounters in life is always a step to his greatness,so Mr guyman,plz hold on to God,put your trust,your faith and your faith in him,am sure he wont fail you.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by bunmshade(f): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2007
don't worry God is in control ur mircle job is on the way, if you can attend this coming SHILOH 2007 tagged 'More Than Conqueror" your life will never remain the same again.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by paulasesan(f): 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2007
My Dear, ur own case is not all that bad.Wait until u hear other people's story. believe in your self, don't bother about what ur family members think, U can't read their mind since they've not said that to you.
U have to work on your esteem and have a positive attitude to life.
Since God still kept you, HE will give a job @ His own time, just kip ur head up, I wish I can tell u my story, then u wuldn't complain again.
Just live a life of gratitude to GOd.It's not ovet till it's over, Take it easy, Life is worth living,
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Ficco(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2007
Guyman2, u dont have to be in this mood when u know that there a merciful God watching over us. U have to be positive about life because life is full of many challenges,u need to have hope,faith in God and pray constant ly for his favour.

I also graduated the same year but go my divine breakthrough this Nov. 2007 after several job tests I have written. Again, humble ur self and start from the little esp. teaching in secondary school mainly privates. This will heip to improve u the more and prepare u 4 aptitude tests and interviews. Goodluck.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by aristole(m): 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2007
smbody decided to hang himself because he had no shoes only to see smone without leg.i have a brother who got a job last 2 months since 2001.are you sure tou are not discriminating?ask abiola b4 he died what he passed through b4 he got his affluence.god is only preparing you
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Cecegrace(f): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2007
Guyman2,

I am a new member on this forum, I just logged in and your post happens to be the first I read.

Don't worry about your job situation, all things worketh for good for those that believe in God. Make sure you let God know your situation through prayers and supplications.

There is power in spoken words, so that ever use negative words b/c they can affect you negatively, rather believe that your problem is solved.

Your destiny can be delayed but can never be changed. You will find job soonest if only you believe.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by guyman2(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
Thank you nairalanders for your numerous replies. You have once again given me a ray of hope, I quite appreciate all your positive responses to my plight. I am hopeful that my Job is on the way.

@ clairomiz

I appreciate you though I haven't forwarded my CV tou yet. Still waiting on your instructions to do that.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by ayomo: 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2007
just a word of advice cos i know how it feels to be idle in my own case what i did was to equip myself by reading inspirational books that will help u discover who u really are and build up your talent cos its ur talent that may fetch u money.study well before you go 4 any test cos its only when you pass youll be given a job.finally be current ask to know where theres any opening.i wish u the best
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by Rosam(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
Hullo my friend,
I can feel the pain in ur heart cos I'm in the same shoe as u; finished the same year, served the same period, yet to be employed but not thinking of doing anything terrible to my self cos that will amount to co-operating with the devil to score a very cheap goal against me.
Know this; u are on the field of play with the devil(poverty, joblessness, ), thus far u hav succeeded in playing draw,it will be foolhardy of u to just give in now. May be u dont know, God is the umpire of this match, He's using every tactics possible to outwit the devil, He may not be doing the playing but He's perfectly working to see to your victory. Under no circumstance will God blow in favour of the devil.
In addition to what my colleagues have said, u can pick up a volunteer job with, say, an NGO, this is what I'm doing at the moment while I continue my job search.
Nothing can be as valuable as ur life/soul, u can't afford to lose it either to the devil or to death.
Cheer up friend and speak what u want not what the devil desires to hear. Do not co-operate with him to ruin ur life.
There are things to learn in this situation, don't lose sight of the main lessons which will definitely benefit a lot of people later in life.
You are a seed carrying a generation, u may be dormant but u are definitely viable, u will soon experience the right condition for germination and then, fruiting.
Hold on friend, We'll meet at the TOP
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by oyinsho(f): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2007
I really can feel ur pains,but i one thing am so sure of is that you are on your way to sucess, God is in it wt you,just dnt give up ,keep your dreams alive, and hold on to your faith in God.When you get dere hope you will remember OYINDA!
I will keep prayn for you and i look forward to hearn ur testimoniessssssssssssss
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by guyman2(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2007
Thank you all for the concern.
Re: Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! by bobbyan(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2007
People have said many things concerns you all i need to say is that continue to be praying and fasting something good is coming to your way b4 ending of this year by God grace or dont u believe?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exciting Career Opportunities In Port-harcourt, Nigeria. / Jobs In And Around Ijebu Ode / Best Companies For Internship In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.